AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 25 32.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-22, 14:31   Link #21
taichi-kun

The party was great,the rest was lame.. good example of something poorly done.

stalker WTF it was so unnecessary
Old 2013-06-22, 14:42   Link #22
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

I loved the scene, where Kanako said, she was Kyousuke's gf. The expressions of Ayase and Kirino were priceless.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:48   Link #23
jandkas

Really emotional episode, tearful in fact, just can't wait for the finale this is going to be good.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:49   Link #24
jasonhan416

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Spoiler for Novel Comparison:
Old 2013-06-22, 14:53   Link #25
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:
Old 2013-06-22, 14:56   Link #26
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I kinda expected a bigger reaction from Kyousuke. In the previous episode, you can see how much he was into Ayase: he had made a fan website of her, calls her 'angel', and was so excited to hear that she was coming to the moving-in party. After episode 11, I was half-convinced that Kyousuke decided to forget about Kuroneko and move on to Ayase. And here, I was expecting at least a 'thank you for your feelings,' but he just straight down rejects her. Perhaps, this is executed better in the novels... I really should go read it.

On a different note, I was kinda hoping for a harem end... though decided against it thinking it might lead to a School Days end (I mean, come on, Ayase is practically begging for this route)
Old 2013-06-22, 15:00   Link #27
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

That was painful.

Welp, there's always the psp game.

Ayase Route get!!!
Old 2013-06-22, 15:01   Link #28
ginger02

Haha I love Saori.

I did think the confession was rushed a bit, but the kiss at the end with the music playing in the back made it all worth it.

Btw anyone know what that ending song was?
Old 2013-06-22, 15:05   Link #29
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

I really liked the puzzle piece end card, thought that was a pretty nice touch.
Old 2013-06-22, 15:05   Link #30
DevG

I know this was only 24 minutes but it took me an hour to finish
Old 2013-06-22, 15:09   Link #31
Divini
Senpai!

Spoiler for Comparison to Novel:
Old 2013-06-22, 15:19   Link #32
Dr. Casey

Well, with this episode I think I can say that I finally appreciate every character in the series. I disliked Kanako for the longest time thanks to the cynicism she displayed after dealing with that one fan of hers in the original series, but her trolling of Ayase and Kirino by pretending they were boyfriend and girlfriend was amusing, and 2010 was a long enough time ago that I don't even remember what Kanako said to make me dislike her to begin with... I guess I shouldn't have a vendetta against someone when I don't even remember why I have a vendetta against them in the first place.

Ayase's another one I disliked rather strongly during the original (her judgmentalness towards otakus was a bit much, and moreover hit too close to home for me), but I've warmed up to her so much these past few episodes that it's hard to believe I ever didn't love her; she's probably my favorite character now. The situation with Kyosuke and Ayase does illustrate very well the dangers of flirting too much. It's playing with fire to flirt that aggressively with someone, and in this case it's sadly Ayase that got burned moreso than Kyosuke. I love you Kyosuke, but let this be a lesson to you about acting like a cocktease.

On that note, I guess that Kyosuke's communication skills aren't the best. Kuroneko's sending rather mixed signals, continuing to act like his girlfriend sometimes despite dumping him; at this point I would probably start to feel like I was being kept in limbo and have a talk with her about where things stand. And I like how Kirino still rebukes Kyosuke from time to time... there's no longer any real spite or venom behind her occasional insults and there's no doubt their relationship's largely been healed, but the stage their relationship's in now is a nice transition between "Broken relationship with nothing but animosity on Kirino's part" and "Fully healed relationship with Kirino fully deredere and their awkward past completely forgotten" (the mode things will likely take in future months and years). Now if only Manami could find a way to erase her name from Kirino's shit list...
Old 2013-06-22, 15:29   Link #33
Wilshere

Spoiler for Novel:
Old 2013-06-22, 15:30   Link #34
Kakurin
大佐

Having finished the episode I must say, the party part was pretty darn good. And very funny. I loved Ayase's reactions the entire time, beginning with the moment Saori comes back in. I also cracked up at the sight of Ayase and Kirino storming out and being angry at Kanako and Kyousuke.

The second part, well, I liked how cute Ayase was, so I think it is kind of a pity that they only can show the lovely interactions between Ayase and Kyousuke only in fast-motion, it would have been great to see these interactions animated. Of course I understand it being cut short, as Ayase is no main character. The confession, well... I thought it was awkward how it was rushed just behind Ayase congratulating Kyousuke. There was absolutely no mood and I was stunned. Having read and translated volume 12 I would also have liked a somewhat stronger reaction from Kyousuke. The kiss was pretty lovely. All in all, a 7 from my part, mainly because the confession just looked too rushed.

Some words for Kirino: I was very content how Taketatsu Ayana voiced Kirino's intervention in the quarrel over who gets to take care of him. It really sounded like 'Don't prevent him from coming back to me!'. Her begging at Ayase was also cute (I mean, how can one resist that), and I liked the scene of Kirino in her room. How she looked at the calender somewhat sad, you really get the feeling that she wants Kyousuke back. The moment she looked at the mail from Kyousuke was hilarious. First she looked very happy when she saw that Kyousuke sent her a mail. Upon reading the content she went into full blown tsun-mode.

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-22 at 16:18.
Old 2013-06-22, 15:32   Link #35
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Having finished the episode I must say, the party part was pretty darn good. And very funny. I loved Ayase's reactions the entire time, beginning with the moment Saori comes back in. I also cracked up at the sight of Ayase and Kirino storming out and being angry at Kanako and Kyousuke.

The second part, well, I liked how cute Ayase was, so I think it is kind of a pity that they only can show the lovely interactions between Ayase and Kyousuke only in fast-motion, it would have been great to see these interactions animated. Of course I understand it being cut short, as Ayase is no main character. The confession, well... I thought it was awkward how it was rushed just behind Ayase congratulating Kyousuke. There was absolutely no mood and I was stunned. Having read and translated volume 12 I would also have liked a somewhat stronger reaction from Kyousuke. The kiss was pretty lovely. All in all, a 7 from my part, mainly because the confession just looked too rushed.

Some words for Kirino: I was very content how Taketatsu Ayana voiced Kirino's intervention in the quarrel over who gets to take care of him. It really sounded like 'Don't prevent him from coming back to me!'. Her begging at Ayase was also cute (I mean, how can one resist that), and I liked the scene of Kirino in her room. How she looked at the calender somewhat sad, you really get the feeling that she wants Kyousuke back. The moment she looked at the mail from Kyousuke was hilarious. First she looked very happy when she saw that Kyousuke sent her a mail. Upon reading the content she went into full blown tsun-mode.

Old 2013-06-22, 15:34   Link #36
Solafighter
Hige

Old 2013-06-22, 15:38   Link #37
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Yep, this was hilarious.
The scene with Ayase discovering the figurines was also priceless. Lots of great Ayase moments in this one. Watching this episode I really think the expressions of the characters in the Oreimo anime are great.

@Wilshere: What do you mean?
Old 2013-06-22, 15:41   Link #38
Wilshere

Old 2013-06-22, 15:44   Link #39
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-22 at 16:19.
Old 2013-06-22, 15:48   Link #40
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-22 at 16:19.
Closed Thread