AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-20, 21:19   Link #17941
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Oh yes, you've lost it alright

*Activates Geass*

I command you to watch ARIA THE ANIMATION will all your strength!!!!!
I'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Even though it was really a bit too exaggerated?

~RICHAAAAAARRRRRDDDDDD~
~ERRRRIIIIIKKKAAAAAA~
Yes. It was LOLtastic!

Quote:
- A dedicated warrior hell bent on revenge and retribution can focus with a sword that basically climaxes during use.

She's like being done AKA HAVING SEX with by her user...

*runs from morality mob*

Quote:

It's time for... NOSTALGIA TIME!!!!!!

Spoiler for Tosho DAIMOS!!!!!:

Quote:
Out of the three Nagahama Romance series, Daimos is my favorite, more so than BORUTESU FAIIIIIBU!!!!!!!!!
All in all, it had the best romance storyline in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Don't worry, I don't intend it to be legit. Build off misunderstandings and lol for most parts.
Just a thought, can we add these misunderstandings to the official timeline?

Quote:
Just like how I intend to do my Saga-Lucino thing.

Quote:
Rosen will be more serious, but even then, I already have plans on how to off his part of the chase. (( well, I better start writing a profile first. ))
Does he still look like Schumacher from Cyber Formula?

Quote:
Well, I suppose Saga can be the supposed original Black, the Century King mode...

Spoiler:
First time I saw this!

Quote:
Though toku-wise, Ryukendo is probably a better fit for Saga since they both use... keys.

Yep. Much more fitting.

Quote:
"He must be very nice to you."

"Only in my dreams."

"But even so, he works well with you, does he not?"

Taking her words slightly different from the intended question, Tesla grimaced as she remembered dream 'him' ogling her. "You could say that..."

It drives me crazy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Being a fairly new resident, what does that mean, anyway?
Friends in heart/spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Blaster Mode upped the damage radically, but as I recall they say that even "normal" spam is not ideal and ought to be avoided if reasonably possible.
IMO, only the Aces and the like can do 'normal' spam and not feel tired.

Quote:
In an anime romance? When has that happened ever? Defeating one rival will just make another one pop up the fight is never over until you acutally get married.
It doesn't even end in marriage.

Quote:
Indeed we wouldn't want to bring Godwin Law down on our heads...
Already happened with arkhangelsk and Mirificus on a roll during the episode discussions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I have the feeling today will be the usual slow days for me... Curse my inability to be on when almost everyone else is!
*cough*

I'm, as usual, too lazy to make a backlog. But I did remember hearing Princess Maker. Didn't know any but the 2nd one had any sort of translations done... Although the 2nd one has some ero bits in it I believe... If you get the original version. The one that would've came to the states is editted.

I've actually finished a draft on that dragon girl Keroko made me want to make Keep in mind: This is all a work in progress. Anything can change before I finalize it. Heck, I may never finalize it so >.>

Spoiler for Experiment Dragon Subject-Forty Seven:

Also pretty finalized on Rune... When I get my computer back, or maybe one day when I'm feeling up to it, I'll think of fixing the 'spoiler' I made in Fanfic and show it here with her
Looks good. Though is she stand-alone or a familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Tesla: Hehehe this is addicting.

Fate: Are you sure this is allright?

Tesla: Sure, ooh there he goes again!
Tesla found a new hobby...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-20, 21:38   Link #17942
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
For some reason that reminds me of this...
Spoiler for OMG x_x:

Must purify myself with anime! NAO!!!
*runs*
I've often wonder whether the Texas Rangers enjoyed or were mortified by that show...

Quote:
Well, it's be RH's fault for having such a trigger-happy personallity
[twisted saying]"People don’t kill people, devices do."[/twisted saying]

Quote:
Hmmm...I can't help but think of that scene in Evangelion where Misato is staring at the pile of complains, fines, and other joyous paperwork on her desk after the failed attack against the 7th Angel
Like I said that would be the least of her worries once the lawyers showed up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Did you Have to use that particular phrase in connection with this person?

wrong choice of words on so many levels...
How so last I check Keroko wasn't into beastiality, half dog, etc...

Quote:
Tesla: Hehehe this is addicting.

Fate: Are you sure this is allright?

Tesla: Sure, ooh there he goes again!
I'm sure he's done enough stuff we don't even know about to warrant it.

Quote:
Sure... if you live long enough after killing her. A pissed Keroko is not something you want when standing over the corpse of her familiar.
And no party would ever be able to take her with all the top players being college age dorks they'd be too busy ogling her to acutally attack effectively...

Quote:
I should get the time to start writing myself again soon.
I've finally got a bit of time myself as well I've got a little over 1,500 words done on the VxF piece, but it's slow going writing action is much easier...
Quote:
Tesla: Darn. Change of plans, switch to magic damage!
I'd just switch to bullets it's rather hard to have resistance to really fast bit of metal tearing through your flesh.

Quote:
'Soul Mate' It's a lucky star reference.
This makes more sense then another vague translation I got out of Aaron a while ago. Though I always knew where it came from at least.

Quote:
Don't be so sure, there are people who like a challenge.
And those are the ones that end up dying young.

Quote:
'psycological warfare'
A buzzword of dubious merit that’s basiclly never really swung battles… at least not by affecting the enemy. Just look at what effect such efforts have had throughout history the most common is to give the targets a good laugh before they get back the business of killing you. Really unless the person is already actively suicidal getting them to kill themselves is going to be nearly impossible, short of mind control as I mentioned.

Quote:
Forgot to adress this one... try watching episode 2 again, particularely the part where Signum goes to pick up Erio and Caro. You'll notice that the station is swarming with familiars.
Or the TSAB is just fairly diverse and includes a number of standard sci-fi near/abhumans… Acutally that seems entirely more likely then having huge numbers of familiars roaming around. I just find the idea they’re swarming all over the place with presumably pretty low level civilian mages a tad suspect.
I mean what would someone like that even use one for? Besides a servant which raises so many moral and ethical questions it’s not even funny… Acutally Familiars do that anyway and as such pose all kinds of civil rights questions. You might be able to glance over these somewhat if they’re a fairly tiny population, but they become allot more contentious if they’re common place. Familiars that we see have human level intellects which ought to, by most enlightened thinking, entitle them to human level rights including telling their “masters” to get bent when they tell them to go stand in front of the enemies buster spell...

So can Familiars tell their masters to get bent and leave? Do the masters “own” them? What rights do they have? Are they citizens? Etc, etc… Just stuff to think about.

Quote:
Sleepers daughters...
Sleeper Cell Daughters.

Quote:
Didn't we do that a few pages back already?
It's really only when you start talking about it seriously that you get in trouble...

Quote:
Tesla: Remind me to contact you when thee is some torture needing to get done.
You bet I've watched into documentaries on the subject and reall you don't need anything as high tech as electricity or the like to do it. I mean some of the stuff they did the middle ages... medieval indeed.

Quote:
Good point, though 'solo' in this case means more along the lines of 'not having any backup of the same level.' With high-ranked mages being rare, most of her backup will be grunts. when encountering higher level threats, having backup that at least matches your abillities would be handy.
Probably, but the point is you'd still have guys around to watch your back and even a small group of grunts is probably at least as good as a single familiar.

Quote:
It's times like these that make me wish they expanded on Fate's job a bit more.
Yeah well it's not like we got much more then vague hints about really anyone else's job besides Nanoha either, and even then it was mainly the manga that saved her from being nearly as ambiguous as everyone else. The role and missions of the various forces in the TSAB haven't really been well laid out in canon which has left us to kind of try and piece it together with frankly not nearly information. I'm mainly working off what would make sense and reduce overlap and redundancy between forces while fitting with what scraps we get from canon.

Quote:
Well, Rogue Squadron wasn't just some run-of-the-mill Squadron. They did infiltration, sabotage and in some cases espionage (usually to gather intel for the first two) as well. So Keroko will have some experience on that part.
The Espionage might have some usefulness the sabotage and infiltration rather less so, an Enforcer wears a uniform and seems to work in an official capacity so infiltration probably isn't really something they do. Plus the higher level ones might well be rare enough that allot of criminals will know the ones that work in their area so undercover ops are probably right out as well.

Quote:
Oh, trust me, it won't be as easy as 'hey, I wanna be an Enforcer' and done. Even with the experience, elite-mage treatement and string-pulling from both Fate and Keroko it will take a full year before Keroko can even begin as a serious Enforcer.
Still seems pretty quick, but I suppose with help from the inside it might be possible. I'd still put some emphasis on the differences and try not to make her seem ultra competent right out of the gate. I'd think she'd bum around close to Fate for quite a while after being fast tracked into the community helping her with cases and such and no acutally begin taking any major ones on her own for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Did their GM ever go off at them like this?

I’ve been that guy before on the VOIP in FPS and RTS games more then I’d care to admit…

“No you fuckers go to the objective, the objective its THIS WAY, stop camping the damn airplane spawns!”
“Damn AT will you put away that god damn SMG and shot the tanks like you fucking SUPPOSED TO!”
“This is a vehicle map why dose this squad have 5 fucking snipers camping the only building on the map?!”
“The UAV shows the area is clear stop camping and PUSH asshats!”
“Just stand next to the damn flag this isn’t that complicated!”
“Damn it you’re the medic why don’t you have the fucking Defib dumbass?!”
“Smoke grenades on top of our own defensive positions are NOT helping numbnuts!”
“God you’re all fucking retarded, I hate you all so much.”

I don't really like to lose much...
Old 2007-12-20, 23:42   Link #17943
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
You sure did.
Uguu~!

Quote:
Hey, I have my own share of taste for steamy material too. I just prefer cute and MOE more.
Note to Self: Begin Operation In-Touch-With-Inner-Ecchi...

Quote:
I'll be making some large changes to avoid too much referencing.
Leave SOME in there...especially Urataros...

"May I string you along?"

Quote:
Very nice. you wrapped up the arc quite nicely, albeit quickly.
Though it also reminds me to study some Kansai variations of words when I make Hayate speak in Japanese...
...I forgot that she doesn't speak Standard.

And the resolution couldn't take too long...I have plans for everyone.

Quote:

Okay... Jun surprised me more than the story itself...
There'll be references to Nexus, and when I watch them, Den-O and 555 scattered everywhere.

Quote:
Hmmm....should I?
YERS!!

Quote:
Now that you mentioned Yuuno...I remember seeing in A's Artwork Book Side-A, that the ribbon Yuuno wears in the Epilogue and StrikerS, is one of Nanoha's ribbons
Also, didn't Vivio say that the ribbon she wears on her hair is also one of Nanoha's?
And of course, how could we ever forget the first time she gave her ribbons to someone? Fate

I guess Nanoha has the habit of giving ribbons to people she cares about
*runs*
...I need to get Arcas one of those...

Quote:
Nicely done. And thus the Arcas/Grandis issue is resolved.

Though... Emo Arcas is emo.
For now...wait till the marriage plans go public.

Though, Arcas will be less angry and more weepy about that...

Quote:
Kyla: Don't you know that it's a long lost Mid tradition that giving ribbons to someone is a sign of...

- Deep Friendship to the same Gender?

- Formal recognition as a child to people younger?

- Engagement to the opposite sex?

Thread:

Kyla: What?
Arcas: Well, yeah. It's an enormous part of the Emira family.

Quote:
And Arcas finally learns to accept Hayate's own feelings about Grandis. At least it'll be smooth sailing from this point on we hope
Like I said, till marriage.

Quote:
Though the TSAB knows Stockholm Syndrome as Bauer Syndrome? Does the certain TSAB officer have a penchant for having a very hectic and EPIC 24 hours?
That he may...

Quote:
*Activates Geass*

I command you to watch ARIA THE ANIMATION will all your strength!!!!!
WARNING: Geass does not affect targets who already carry belief.

Quote:
Although Bauer? I guess this TSAB officer has had a few hectic 24 hour days huh?
...Perhaps.

Quote:
For some reason that reminds me of this...
Spoiler for OMG x_x:

Must purify myself with anime! NAO!!!
*runs*
HEY! I liked that show...

...and don't forget:

"If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you CAN'T see Chuck Norris, you might only be seconds away from death."
Old 2007-12-21, 00:44   Link #17944
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Note to Self: Begin Operation In-Touch-With-Inner-Ecchi...
Bug off, Oppai-fetishist. Almost everybody is pretty much a pervert, just by varying degrees of what they have and how much they show.

Quote:
Leave SOME in there...especially Urataros...

"May I string you along?"
Naturally. I'll have him against Tesla in the finale.

BTW, casualties in war WILL be there.
I'd like to deviate from the Nanoha stereotypical stories for a bit and really introduce villains that will get killed off by the protagonists instead of the 'Everyone lives!' type... Maybe some on the protagonist side as well, so I guess I might just make OC's for the good guys too.

Ah, crap... More work for me... Though the decision to kill off my pseudo-Taros Quartet is still up in the air...

Quote:
...I forgot that she doesn't speak Standard.
Tut, tut. That's one of her defining traits.

Quote:
There'll be references to Nexus, and when I watch them, Den-O and 555 scattered everywhere.
Approved!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-21, 01:08   Link #17945
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Not at all satisfied with the way this ended, but that's why this is a one-shot in 3 parts. And also, look for a couple blatant Star Wars references and an Ace Combat reference.

Spoiler for Sorairo Days:

Whoo that was fun. Final part will be called "The Liberation of Belzac."

Listen for this song:

Old 2007-12-21, 01:54   Link #17946
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
I’ve been that guy before on the VOIP in FPS and RTS games more then I’d care to admit…

“No you fuckers go to the objective, the objective its THIS WAY, stop camping the damn airplane spawns!”
“Damn AT will you put away that god damn SMG and shot the tanks like you fucking SUPPOSED TO!”
“This is a vehicle map why dose this squad have 5 fucking snipers camping the only building on the map?!”
“Smoke grenades on top of our own defensive positions are NOT helping numbnuts!”

Hahahahaha... while I've never lost it at people playing with me.. there have been alot of times where I'm sitting there going WTF are they doing?

Of course, not having a mic probably helps them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Not at all satisfied with the way this ended, but that's why this is a one-shot in 3 parts. And also, look for a couple blatant Star Wars references and an Ace Combat reference.

Listen for this song:
Well I saw the SW refs. no clue about the Ace combat ones since I've never played the games

I loled at Franz's complaints that sounded very much like those that got leveled at you before .

Although I can't say that their next actions were that great......... Never the less this is going well.
Old 2007-12-21, 05:16   Link #17947
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I still luv this vid xD

Quote:

lol!
reminds me of my. "Idiots! Stop dying in places where I got gunned down as soon as I try to rescue you!!"
I'm always medic in such games... can be pretty frustrating but it's also very exiting to keep your squad alive all the time xD

Quote:

Not bad at all

Quote:

Listen for this song:

Never played the Ace Combat games but the Music is nice!
Old 2007-12-21, 05:59   Link #17948
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Given that she IS Nanoha's sister...it'd probably make 'befriending' seem like a pin prick
Nanoha's befriending lets you live, Keroko's vengeance doesn't.

Quote:

Onyxia is an interesting fight. There are 2 major rules:

1) Avoid Deep Breath in Phase 2 at all costs or end up being a pile of ash
2) FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY AVOID THE WHELP ROOMS
So I noticed.

Quote:
Mental note: Do NOT get on Tesla's bad side...
No, no you don't want that.

Quote:
No, but that guy needs a psyciatrist. Now.

Quote:

Listen for this song:

Noted the Star Wars references, and how blatant they are. Bar scene is cool, though.

Quote:
How so last I check Keroko wasn't into beastiality, half dog, etc...
She isn't.

Quote:
I'm sure he's done enough stuff we don't even know about to warrant it.
Tesla: Exactly!

Quote:
And no party would ever be able to take her with all the top players being college age dorks they'd be too busy ogling her to acutally attack effectively...
Oh, the accuracy.

Quote:
I've finally got a bit of time myself as well I've got a little over 1,500 words done on the VxF piece, but it's slow going writing action is much easier...
I'm going to have a first crack at romance. I think I have the scene figured out, but then I suck at writing romance so we'll just have to see where it ends up.

Quote:
I'd just switch to bullets it's rather hard to have resistance to really fast bit of metal tearing through your flesh.

Tesla:
Bullets are more lethal then magic though. Although we could aim for the non-vital spots....

Quote:
And those are the ones that end up dying young.
Or become great geniuses, or very very rich.

Quote:
A buzzword of dubious merit that’s basiclly never really swung battles… at least not by affecting the enemy. Just look at what effect such efforts have had throughout history the most common is to give the targets a good laugh before they get back the business of killing you. Really unless the person is already actively suicidal getting them to kill themselves is going to be nearly impossible, short of mind control as I mentioned.
Not themselves, eachother. For example, using the friction between the Ground Forces and Navy to spark a 'civil war' in the TSAB.

Quote:
Or the TSAB is just fairly diverse and includes a number of standard sci-fi near/abhumans… Acutally that seems entirely more likely then having huge numbers of familiars roaming around. I just find the idea they’re swarming all over the place with presumably pretty low level civilian mages a tad suspect.
Aliens that just so coincidentally happen to look exactly like familiars? Not to mention that there has been no mention of alien races anywhere in the Nanohaverse whatsoever? the credibillity for this idea doesn't even make it of the ground.

That aside, does someone even need city-destroying power in order to make a familiar? Sure, Yuuno mentioned 'a mage powerfull enough to make a familiar' in the Triad subs, but as usual with the Triad subs their accuracy is questionable. Listening to the sentence sounds more like 'a mage able to make a familiar' which is a different thing entirely.

Quote:
I mean what would someone like that even use one for? Besides a servant which raises so many moral and ethical questions it’s not even funny… Acutally Familiars do that anyway and as such pose all kinds of civil rights questions. You might be able to glance over these somewhat if they’re a fairly tiny population, but they become allot more contentious if they’re common place. Familiars that we see have human level intellects which ought to, by most enlightened thinking, entitle them to human level rights including telling their “masters” to get bent when they tell them to go stand in front of the enemies buster spell...
Funny thing, they are used as servants. Take Linith for example. Obviously morals and ethics are either dumped or limited to how you treat them. For example, you can own a pet despite that its an intelligent being. You can make your pet do anything you want as long as you don't abuse it. And even then the line between 'normal' and 'abuse' is thin. Hell, the fact that they adress their creators as masters or parents should tell us that their rights are limited to the amount they recieve from their masters.

As for telling the masters to get bent when they should be tanking the blow, familiars are linked to their masters. When the master dies, so does the familiar. Even should the familiar want to tell ther masters to get bend, its not the smartest of choices.

Quote:
Probably, but the point is you'd still have guys around to watch your back and even a small group of grunts is probably at least as good as a single familiar.
Not in anime they're not. Grunts always get whiped out in one blow, leaving the heroes to do the hard work. Nanohaverse is no different, so having someone watch Keroko's back who can at least match her abillities is more then just advisable.

Quote:
Yeah well it's not like we got much more then vague hints about really anyone else's job besides Nanoha either, and even then it was mainly the manga that saved her from being nearly as ambiguous as everyone else. The role and missions of the various forces in the TSAB haven't really been well laid out in canon which has left us to kind of try and piece it together with frankly not nearly information. I'm mainly working off what would make sense and reduce overlap and redundancy between forces while fitting with what scraps we get from canon.
Which may backfire completely, concidering how much TSAB follows guidelines (Nanoha and Fate transfered to Ground Forces and back where they came from with no problems, lol whut?) but its all we got.

Quote:
The Espionage might have some usefulness the sabotage and infiltration rather less so, an Enforcer wears a uniform and seems to work in an official capacity so infiltration probably isn't really something they do. Plus the higher level ones might well be rare enough that allot of criminals will know the ones that work in their area so undercover ops are probably right out as well.
Police wear uniforms too, yet you have undercover agents.

Quote:
Still seems pretty quick, but I suppose with help from the inside it might be possible. I'd still put some emphasis on the differences and try not to make her seem ultra competent right out of the gate. I'd think she'd bum around close to Fate for quite a while after being fast tracked into the community helping her with cases and such and no acutally begin taking any major ones on her own for several years.
Having her stick close to Fate was the idea from the start, I did put her on the same ship, didn't I? That aside, define 'pretty quick' by Nanohaverse standards. I'm already making this take longer then I need to, as we know that transfering in the Nanohaverse is rather easy, concidering the entire RF6.

Quote:

Wait, what? This guy relies on UAV's? Oh god please let him fight us! While he's running for the so-called 'clear' area, we'll just lie in waiting with our UAV jammers on.
Old 2007-12-21, 06:56   Link #17949
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
I can't read Japanese at all, so I'll have to make do wit what I hear.
I can read hiragana/katakana and some kanji, so I somehow manage

Quote:
Well, for the Warcraft Onyxia its her dragon form.

For the Nanoha Onyxia its her humanoid form.
I see...

Quote:
WE WANT FANSERVICE! WE WANT KITSUNEMIMI MAREN! WE WANT EC-

*Saint X feels the fury of T3H UNSPEAKABLE*

EC- ?

Quote:
Yes... something based on the Raid host but also based on the Raid him (i know there is not such thing as a male edel raid)/herself...

NO EDEL RAID HAREMS PLEASE!!!

THAT.IS.HAXX!!!

"In the name of the Divine Metherlance Family... I command you to stop this madness!!!"
Right...still...it's kinda tempting

Quote:
What he said is that we should be following EG canon, 1 Raid to one Pledger only... only but some Key Device Semi-Haxx can we do a harem... and in my case, it's Ashton having 3 Pledgers... Subaru as the formal and two others, sparking a rather silent love square-ish event.

lol it's actually because Ash is not a normal Edel Raid in a sense- remember that there are NO MALE EDEL RAIDS... why did he exist unless he's somewhat...

Saint X is Killed by Isis
Yeah, funny on how there isn't any male Edel Raid, it may be because they live long lives...and probably because they can reproduce with human males...

Coud: Is that true?
Ren: *blushes*
*Creator-kun is pwned by Cisqua's missles*
Cisqua: Like I'll let that happen!

Quote:
I've often wonder whether the Texas Rangers enjoyed or were mortified by that show...
Who knows

Quote:
[twisted saying]"People don’t kill people, devices do."[/twisted saying]

And we saw in Vice's flashback what harm magic can do to someone without protection

Quote:

I see
And with such an incompetent team...I can understand why

Quote:
YERS!!
Ok...

Quote:
...I need to get Arcas one of those...
Well, it's not necessary
*points at Hayate*
No ribbons

Quote:
HEY! I liked that show...

...and don't forget:

"If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you CAN'T see Chuck Norris, you might only be seconds away from death."
True

~~~~

I'm surprised no one even commented on the episode 10 screenshot I put up

*goes listen to Filia's private song + mini drama*
Old 2007-12-21, 07:28   Link #17950
Tormenk

Quote:
I can read hiragana/katakana and some kanji, so I somehow manage
Kanji only. Though being able to read hiragana/katakana is so very useful.

Quote:

EC- ?
Ecchi.

Quote:

And we saw in Vice's flashback what harm magic can do to someone without protection
Imagine getting hit in other areas. Wonder how would head-shots and crotch-shots turn out..

Quote:
Well, it's not necessary
*points at Hayate*
No ribbons
Who knows. Nanoha might have given her new ones over the years.

Quote:
~~~~

I'm surprised no one even commented on the episode 10 screenshot I put up

*goes listen to Filia's private song + mini drama*

~~~

Recent anime and manga blitz has left quite some ideas for future plans, thankfully the only cracktastic being about a certain UD.

Some choice picks from Little Buster! 4komas to share here. Spoilered for length.

Spoiler for Rin:

Spoiler for Noumi:

Next on the list is SS04 for more ideas.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-21, 07:43   Link #17951
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Nice

Quote:
Ecchi.
Oh...I see...

Well, Maren doesn't like to wear such tiny clothes that expose her body, especially around the chest area, it'll be mentioned again in the beginning of this next chapter

Here's a teaser...
Spoiler for Soaking:

Quote:
Imagine getting hit in other areas. Wonder how would head-shots and crotch-shots turn out..

Quote:
Who knows. Nanoha might have given her new ones over the years.
Maybe

Quote:
~~~

Recent anime and manga blitz has left quite some ideas for future plans, thankfully the only cracktastic being about a certain UD.

Some choice picks from Little Buster! 4komas to share here. Spoilered for length.

Spoiler for Rin:

Spoiler for Noumi:

Next on the list is SS04 for more ideas.

Rin and Noumi are MOE!!!
*runs*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-12-21 at 07:58.
Old 2007-12-21, 09:12   Link #17952
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk3997 View Post
So can Familiars tell their masters to get bent and leave? Do the masters “own” them? What rights do they have? Are they citizens? Etc, etc…
Nanoha Sound Stage 2, which features Linith and the creation of Arf, has a lot of info on familiars. The most important being that master and familiar establish a contract that states their expectations, obligations and conditions of service to each other.
Old 2007-12-21, 11:29   Link #17953
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
...and don't forget:

Ah yes, Chuck Norris. Now if he came to the OC...THAT'D be haxx

Quote:

Listen for this song:

Woohoo!! Excellent story . Very well written, too. Can't wait to see what happens next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
lol!
reminds me of my. "Idiots! Stop dying in places where I got gunned down as soon as I try to rescue you!!"
I'm always medic in such games... can be pretty frustrating but it's also very exiting to keep your squad alive all the time xD
Ah, I feel your pain. Everyone my friends wanted to play something (Infantry, RO, etc), they always picked the offensive classes and said they needed a medic/healer...which was always given to me. I never got a chance to play any other class, really . And go and figure when I start to play a game and actually be able to choose, kinda...I opt to be a Priest in WoW .

Quote:
Nanoha's befriending lets you live, Keroko's vengeance doesn't.
That's, um, good to know

Quote:
I'm going to have a first crack at romance. I think I have the scene figured out, but then I suck at writing romance so we'll just have to see where it ends up.
I wish you much luck with it . Can't wait to read it!

Quote:
Tesla: Bullets are more lethal then magic though. Although we could aim for the non-vital spots....
Let's see....feet, knees, hands, elbow, shoulder...

Quote:

You learned Kanji before hiragana/katakana? That's...interesting. I can still kinda read hiragana/katakana....but I have no ability to read Kanji...plus there's soo many

Quote:
Here's a teaser...
Spoiler for Soaking:

I can't help but think of the bath scene from Aim for the Top!
Old 2007-12-21, 12:42   Link #17954
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Did you Have to use that particular phrase in connection with this person?
wrong choice of words on so many levels...
How so last I check Keroko wasn't into beastiality, half dog, etc..
No, but you were using a certain Fate T Harloun as your enforcer example...

Which would make the pooch in question...

and given, then, that it is Arf, how unlikely is it then?

answer: Not very unlikely at all. (worse if she has male colleagues with her. Beastiality or not, they'd be lining up round the block to make use of that euphemism...)
Old 2007-12-21, 14:04   Link #17955
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
For me it's like:

"No, LM! Hold LM! It's not that hard!"
"Inc BS! No, BS, dumbass, not stables! Where are you going?!"
"Okay someone get the flag while I hold off these guys... no, the flag! Right next to you!"

"I hope all of you die."

Arathi Basin gives me migraines.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:31   Link #17956
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Thanks Keroko and Aaron for the little comments.
But shame on you both for not attempting to figure out the references.

Since none of you have tried, here's the cheat sheet
Spoiler for Cheat sheetu!:

But yeah, I purposely made No.47 relatively weak, well at her creation (so to speak), to offset the fact I made her so... Special. I'll explain eventually how she started out as S+ and somehow lost her powers to drop down to a lowly C rank.

And yeah she's a standalone, not a familiar. She's the 47th dragon experiment subject (at that time). That doesn't mean there are 47 other ones. It just means before her, there were attempts at 46 other ones. As you can assume, many of those died.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:57   Link #17957
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
No, but that guy needs a psyciatrist. Now.
Na just some Valium that mellow him out.

Quote:
Tesla: Exactly!
I am pretty good at making up plausible excuse to hurt people...

Quote:
Tell me about it... I know mostly what I want to do, but getting it to sound right is proving a pain.

Quote:

Tesla:
Bullets are more lethal then magic though. Although we could aim for the non-vital spots....
Oh you just want him alive... Oh well. *loads his shotgun with Beanbags… and aims for his nuts.*

Quote:
Or become great geniuses, or very very rich.
The later still die young ODing on blow or driving off the road in their 500,000 dollar sports car.

Quote:
Not themselves, eachother. For example, using the friction between the Ground Forces and Navy to spark a 'civil war' in the TSAB.
Then you should have said each other not themselves! Getting enemies to attack each other isn’t exactly a cakewalk either though it’s at least possible unlike getting them to commit mass suicide.

Quote:
Aliens that just so coincidentally happen to look exactly like familiars? Not to mention that there has been no mention of alien races anywhere in the Nanohaverse whatsoever? the credibillity for this idea doesn't even make it of the ground.
First off they’re basiclly just generic “animal human hybrids” (or not at least one of them seems to have funny ears, but no tail or anything) such things are not stunning rare in fiction acutally the look of Nanoha familiars is utterly generic in most ways. That said what exactly dose or ought a familiar look like? Really they should come in TON of variations acutally them all looking pretty much the same makes no damn sense at all unless they're acutally a species.

Then you factor in that of the dozens even hundreds official TSAB mages and personnel we see… three of them are familiars, but then among random civilians they’re common as dirt? This doesn’t make ANY kind of sense to me. I have no doubt Keroko could create one, and while they’re probably not stunning rare the idea that they wander the streets by the thousands at the very least strikes me as just WAY off.

Plus I just don’t buy that the TSAB has no aliens or human derivatives living in it either. Indeed we’ve got a bunch of OCs that aren’t human and have fought a number of alien races as well so at least in our canon it clearly dose. As for why we don’t hear about that… Shit we don’t really know what an enforcer dose, we know basiclly nothing about the navies size or deployments, only the vaguest hints of TSAB political structure, no idea of its definitive size, the Air Force’s exact mission is vague as is it’s relation to the navy, and the enforcers relations to both, etc, etc. We’ve got so many gaps in our knowledge of the TSAB society and politics that them not mentioning anything about its demographics doesn’t really surprise me, plus Zafia is filling the "token non-human team member" slot already.

Quote:
That aside, does someone even need city-destroying power in order to make a familiar? Sure, Yuuno mentioned 'a mage powerfull enough to make a familiar' in the Triad subs, but as usual with the Triad subs their accuracy is questionable. Listening to the sentence sounds more like 'a mage able to make a familiar' which is a different thing entirely.
Either interpretation IMO implies being a bit surprised and impressed by the feat, it's clearly being used as a way to roughly gauge her power which he is judging as rather high.

Do I think you need to be Nanoha or Fate to do it? No not really, I think even someone around the older forwards level at the end of the series (High B low to low A rank) could probably do it, BUT the resulting familiar would be a gimp probably at or below D rank and fairly useless in battle. So no you don't need to ultra powerful to make one, but you DO need to be really powerful to make one that will do anything besides get it's shit ruined instantly against vaguely competent foes. That's the key thing a familiar is going to be pretty much just a shadow of the mages power, and the more power it draws the weaker the mage proper will become. So once again this will most benefit those with allot of excess power floating around already.

Quote:
Funny thing, they are used as servants. Take Linith for example. Obviously morals and ethics are either dumped or limited to how you treat them. For example, you can own a pet despite that its an intelligent being. You can make your pet do anything you want as long as you don't abuse it. And even then the line between 'normal' and 'abuse' is thin. Hell, the fact that they adress their creators as masters or parents should tell us that their rights are limited to the amount they recieve from their masters.
The intelligence of a pet is extremely questionable and it’s pretty much assured to live a better, happier life with a reasonably competent owner being feed all the time and living in a warm house then it would on the street. A familiar is such a monstrously different issue that the fact you’d even compare it to a dog is frankly insulting. Dogs don’t talk, reason, or understand the concept of freedom but a familiar dose. A familiar is a effectively a human being and being allowed to “own” it is basiclly endorsing indentured servitude at best and slavery at worse.

Children aren't their parents property (at least under any enlightened society) and butlers also after call their employers Master.Blank, but you don't own your Butler either. If the TSAB functions like this it’s little better then any other salve holding state in history and completely morally bankrupt as well as being in need of a good coup.

Quote:
As for telling the masters to get bent when they should be tanking the blow, familiars are linked to their masters. When the master dies, so does the familiar. Even should the familiar want to tell ther masters to get bend, its not the smartest of choices.
All the more reason not too it doesn’t work both ways so not only do you “own” them, but you’re telling them to basiclly die on command for you. If the shot won’t kill you they have no reason too, if it will kill you then it will surely kill them so they don’t lose anything either way if they hate you which any sane intelligent being probably would if they’re treated as property.

Quote:
Not in anime they're not. Grunts always get whiped out in one blow, leaving the heroes to do the hard work. Nanohaverse is no different, so having someone watch Keroko's back who can at least match her abillities is more then just advisable.
Frankly I don’t give a rats ass about anime rules or shit writing like that. What I give a rats ass about is reality and in reality a familiar draining off just a likely rather small percentage of a person core is NOT going to be a match for even a half dozen average mages using the full output of there’s. The whole “Everyone besides the hero is totally useless” is one the stupidest and frankly most annoying clichés in fiction and I hate it with a burning passion. More so in a setting like this with a large organized military force; it makes no sense for the rest of the army to be totally incompetent and useless aside from a tiny handful of “heroes”. The heroes being above average goes without saying, but that’s an entirely different thing then everyone else being worthless brain dead gimps that are only around to be slaughtered often in incredibly stupid ways or fail ay any task given them.

Like I said it’s fucking stupid and if the “professional” writers in charge of StrikerS aren't smart enough to break free of it we should at least endeavor do better rather then perpetuating the stupidity. It’s not even debatable everyone knows its stupid jokes about it a abound, and yet people keep perpetuating it anyway.

Quote:
Which may backfire completely, concidering how much TSAB follows guidelines (Nanoha and Fate transfered to Ground Forces and back where they came from with no problems, lol whut?) but its all we got.
See below I personally don't think they transfered at all.

Quote:
Police wear uniforms too, yet you have undercover agents.
Yeah, but they're specially selected and trained for that and are pretty much never taken from the higher profile areas, acutally they often like to use new guys for undercover work, and after even one really extensive deep cover operation they'll often never be used again in that capacity. Using and Enforcer on any other sort of sting besides that would be a total waste you don't need a damn Enforcer to go up and buy some drugs from some guy on a street corner for instance.

Quote:
Having her stick close to Fate was the idea from the start, I did put her on the same ship, didn't I? That aside, define 'pretty quick' by Nanohaverse standards. I'm already making this take longer then I need to, as we know that transfering in the Nanohaverse is rather easy, concidering the entire RF6.
I doubt that myself RF:6 is a bad example as it’s founder had a both a flag officer and what appears to be a highly influential politician backing her and seems to have selected her troops mainly from her friends nearly regardless of their positions. RF:6 is NOT a good example at all of how things would normally work. Plus the manga pretty much shows it took years of string pulling and dealing to get it to happen.

In real life a transfer between MOS even inside a service is rare. You won’t see many tankers up and transferring into field artillery, or infantry becoming helicopter pilots, etc. Inter-service transfers are basiclly unheard of. Sometimes though you’ll get a task force made up of components of each service, but these are pretty much always temporary (though they can still last years). Take Task Force 121 in Iraq a quick list of some of its components:
First off it’s commanded by an Air Force Brigadier General and later a Colonel (leader of the Delta Force) and includes troops from:
-DEVGRU (United States Navy Special Warfare Development Group, Navy Seals)
-Delta Force
-US Army Rangers
-CIA Agents
-Air Force Pararescue men
-Air Force Combat Controllers
-Air Force Special Operations Aircraft and their pilots
-At various times has also included British and Australian SAS, Norwegian Marinejeger, and Polish GROM personnel.

The Taskforce keeps changing names for security reasons, but has now been active in one form or another for going on six to seven years. It’s been formed for the mission of targeting high value enemy personal for capture of termination.

This in my opinion is roughly what RF:6 was a taskforce assembled for a specific mission just like the above taskforce. This is supported by the fact members often continued to wear their old uniforms and most simply returned to their old units when it was disbanded. In fact under this scheme it wasn’t a transfer at all, it was simply a temporary duty assignment. It’s possible that Hayate was hoping to leverage off good results to make it permanent, but that clearly failed and so it ended up being what she probably pitched it as to start with, a temporary taskforce to deal with a specific problem.

Quote:
Wait, what? This guy relies on UAV's? Oh god please let him fight us! While he's running for the so-called 'clear' area, we'll just lie in waiting with our UAV jammers on.
Ain’t no such thing in BF:2142… Which despite over a year is still pretty much the best team based FPS around IMO. Quake Wars is pretty good, but BF2142 still “feels” better balanced and more polished, BF2142 with some QW artillery functions would be pretty much my ideal TFPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ
I see
And with such an incompetent team...I can understand why
Tch that’s just the standard level of pubbies you’ll run across in most public servers. Sometimes when I play I feel more like a tard wrangler then a squad leader. I mean crap you get FREE BONUS POINTS just for following orders and people still won’t do it! (and I get them too acutally I get all of my squads bonus points combined… which almost makes it worth the hair pulling)

Quote:
Hahahahaha... while I've never lost it at people playing with me.. there have been alot of times where I'm sitting there going WTF are they doing?

Of course, not having a mic probably helps them
The Mic is truly a double edged sword... Not that I need a Mic I'll cuss people out to fight harder and smarter with text too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I normally just leave those fools out in the cold, if you want me to heal you don’t act like an idiot as I’m not gonna risk my ass to go res you so you can probably just keep running right at the tank that gunned you down.

Plus if I’m the squad leader then you're all pretty much expendable since as long as I live you can just keep coming right back into the fight. (Assuming you’re smart enough to click on me or the spawn beacon, which stunning some people apparently simply aren’t…) Now don’t get me wrong I’m not encouraging you to just repeatedly suicide into the enemy in hopes of doing some minor damage... which is another thing I see entirely too often I often wonder what goes through some of these guys heads while playing it must be something like this:
"Hmm they cut down the first two guys with machine gun fire, but I'm sure their trigger fingers are tired so I'll definitely make it!"

Quote:
http://www.2142-stats.com/Nameless+stats.html speaks for itself as to my preferred role. I like to play squad leader and squad leaders should almost always be medics IMO so do the math... It helps that in BF2142 (my preferred team FPS) Medics can fight rather well, Quake Wars medics have decent weapons and armor as well.

Quote:
Ah, I feel your pain. Everyone my friends wanted to play something (Infantry, RO, etc), they always picked the offensive classes and said they needed a medic/healer...which was always given to me. I never got a chance to play any other class, really . And go and figure when I start to play a game and actually be able to choose, kinda...I opt to be a Priest in WoW .
I like playing combat medics acutally in fact I don’t like games without them or ways to heal my allies actually, and if it has one there is a very high chance I’ll be playing it. I’ve never been the greatest twitch shooter anyway so I tend to avoid being right at the front mixing it up to hang back a little with a longer ranged weapons/spells to cover and heal others as my normal MO.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-12-21 at 15:26.
Old 2007-12-21, 15:51   Link #17958
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
In fantasy settings im always a warrior... and the tank... even if I don't want to be a tank! I want do crush my foes with my mighty axe, not let them beat the crap out of me until they get nuked away! ¬¬

Quote:
I normally just leave those fools out in the cold, if you want me to heal you don’t act like an idiot as I’m not gonna risk my ass to go res you so you can probably just keep running right at the tank that gunned you down.
Jupp... thats what I do.

Quote:
Now don’t get me wrong I’m not encouraging you to just repeatedly suicide into the enemy in hopes of doing some minor damage... which is another thing I see entirely too often I often wonder what goes through some of these guys heads while playing it must be something like this:
"Hmm they cut down the first two guys with machine gun fire, but I'm sure their trigger fingers are tired so I'll definitely make it!"
Yeah! I prefer such people on the enemy team... ^^'

Quote:
http://www.2142-stats.com/Nameless+stats.html speaks for itself as to my preferred role. I like to play squad leader and squad leaders should almost always be medics IMO so do the math... It helps that in BF2142 (my preferred team FPS) Medics can fight rather well, Quake Wars medics have decent weapons and armor as well.
Yeah... 2142 is quite nice. Its fun playing in a walker when the engineer is smart enough to keep you alive. xD
My requests for repair often get ignored... ah well... *shrugs* ^^

I only played the Quake Wars Demo. It was interessting playing a Strogg Medic and the Idea with the objectives is good.

Quote:
I like playing combat medics acutally in fact I don’t like games without them or ways to heal my allies actually, and if it has one there is a very high chance I’ll be playing it. I’ve never been the greatest twitch shooter anyway so I tend to avoid being right at the front mixing it up to hang back a little with a longer ranged weapons/spells to cover and heal others as my normal MO.
The Assault/Medic Combo is also my favorite ^^
And I often stay in cover. I think of me as a medic, when I die the others die too. ^^'
But sometimes its quite fun to run to the front and shoot around. Well, short fun but fun nonetheless! xD
Old 2007-12-21, 15:56   Link #17959
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
For me it's like:

"No, LM! Hold LM! It's not that hard!"
"Inc BS! No, BS, dumbass, not stables! Where are you going?!"
"Okay someone get the flag while I hold off these guys... no, the flag! Right next to you!"

"I hope all of you die."

Arathi Basin gives me migraines.
Ah....the joys of pug battlegrounds

Hmmm...all these talks about familiars makes me contemplate giving Shamsel one
...like her:
http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/page.cfm/418
Old 2007-12-21, 16:00   Link #17960
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

The Arathi Basin memories are floating back up...
*Begins to twich on the ground*