Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-20, 05:29   Link #481
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I'm all for a Symphogear Chris Spinoff season. If we get a film first, that would be awesome.
I think Ayahi's talent is a bit wasted here. But Chris is still her most well-known role probably.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 20:31   Link #482
tuckersister

Congrats!!! Nana Mizuki is officially a mother as of TODAY!!!
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-23, 08:19   Link #483
tuckersister

Still no announcement of the live concert's reschedule. It's definitely in the fall though.
Old 2021-07-11, 10:11   Link #484
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Today is Yuka-san Birthday! - https://twitter.com/DGDCrimsonOne/st...652452354?s=20
Old 2021-09-07, 20:15   Link #485
tuckersister

Looks like live concert will be delayed to next year. Safety first as always.
Old 2022-01-13, 05:43   Link #486
tuckersister

Look like no news yet. XD is still progressing as always.
Old 2022-03-20, 09:54   Link #487
tuckersister

Symphogear Live 2022 coming November 20!!!!
Old 2022-05-28, 11:24   Link #488
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So looks like Discotek will get GX and AXZ blu-rays out to the west in 2022! I'm pretty happy that soon my shelf will half most of the Symphogear anime on it. Will just have to wait on XV after that.
Old 2022-05-28, 11:39   Link #489
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Yep. Just saw that. Very pleased.
Old 2022-08-07, 09:15   Link #490
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

First of all, I'd like to celebrate XV getting it's official announcement of a Blu-Ray release over here! Yes, self-promotion too, but it does have all the relevant information. I can't believe we've really made it. At the start of the year we didn't even know when GX would get announced for that blu ray release. And now we've got confirmation for the final three seasons. Of course XV probably will come out sometime in the first few months of 2023. But it's happening!

Also, I choose to celebrate Maria. We've actually made it to her literal day of birth! Something about that just seems fun. Since Symphogear is set in the future we can have amusing moments like this. Praise to Maria!
Old 2022-08-07, 18:11   Link #491
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also, I choose to celebrate Maria. We've actually made it to her literal day of birth! Something about that just seems fun. Since Symphogear is set in the future we can have amusing moments like this. Praise to Maria!
I love that kind of stuff.

I can't wait for Chris to be born!
Old 2022-08-07, 18:26   Link #492
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love that kind of stuff.

I can't wait for Chris to be born!
Well we've just got to wait another 4 years for that one. Curious if anything big will happen with Symphogear before that point.
Old 2022-11-20, 11:22   Link #493
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok! So we've got some kind of "Symphogear Project" on the way! Wish I knew more than that since that really could be just about anything.

I'll be curious to see what this ends up being. Since it really could be anything from a prequel, sequel, movie, show, game, etc. I do think it'll be something impactful, but my hype won't be unleashed until the project is narrowed down from the near infinite possibilities.
Old 2022-11-20, 14:46   Link #494
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

The video with a clock running backwards while they show the seasons in reverse order and title "Decision Start" sure says Prequel to me. Which, I'm fine with that. I kinda don't want them to go past season 5, because it had such a great, touching ending with that final song that looked back on all the losses the characters endured along the way.
Old 2022-11-20, 17:35   Link #495
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
The video with a clock running backwards while they show the seasons in reverse order and title "Decision Start" sure says Prequel to me. Which, I'm fine with that. I kinda don't want them to go past season 5, because it had such a great, touching ending with that final song that looked back on all the losses the characters endured along the way.
I’m mixed. I’m happy with how XV ended and having nothing set after that would be fine. But I wouldn’t be all that excited for a pure prequel either. What do they even do with that? A Tsubasa solo adventure taking place after Kanade’s death but before meeting Hibiki? A small mission with her and Kanade? No Chris, Hibiki, Miku, Shirabe, Kirika, Maria, etc just doesn’t sound appetizing.

I could get behind maybe a season 1 remake or a time traveling adventure. But I think whatever it is needs most if not all the main cast to be there.
Old 2022-11-21, 02:45   Link #496
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
As has already been said, the clock going backwards and listing all the Symphogear projects in reverse suggests a prequel, but I don’t know what a prequel could possibly be about since most or all of the girls won’t be there.
Unless maybe it’s a spin-off that will start before or alongside the original series, with a new cast. Like “while Section 2 fights in Japan, Section 1 (or whatever) fights-“ etc. I really can’t see a new project starting back at the beginning of the franchise otherwise, because what would be the point of having a new story on the same line of characters when most of those characters won’t be there?

That said, I really liked Kanade’s character from the very beginning and XV has kept her popular, so a prequel could be about her before she died at the beginning of S1.

And I guess I’m one of the few people who would like it if they actually did make a sequel. As good as S5 ended, more would be welcome to me.
Old 2023-02-02, 18:36   Link #497
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Finally got the bluray of XV and basically spent a day just rewatching it. I know the season moved fast, but I really do think it was an ideal final (?) season. They took so many elements that worked or that deserved one moment in the spotlight and made sure to give those to the audience.

The transformations really my favourite transformations. Not just for the franchise, but just overall in anime. They put so much into each and every one of them. Little things like Genjuro getting one more fight, Chris getting to use Red Hot Blaze as a gun this time, or just maxing out the potential of Kirika and Shirabe's amazing combo moves. Even characters that weren't the main focus of the season (Chris, Kirika, and Shirabe) still had their moments and were given chances to show how their character arcs have left them in a good place. Even Carol and the Autoscorers coming back for redemption just was a lot of fun.

I don't know what they'll end up doing with that new project. Wish we had something to work with regarding that. Narrowing it down to tv series, movie, or game would be nice. But is what it is. Whatever they do, I hope they give the franchise the care and respect it deserves.

A truly great series.
Old 2023-02-02, 23:12   Link #498
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Yeah. My Blu-ray arrived… 1,500 miles away back home… I’m eager to get back and see my full set together!

To me, XV has always felt something like a victory lap for the series. It revisits several past concepts with a greatly improved story understanding and animation budget. Shem-ha is similar to Finé in a lot of ways. Tsubasa sorta gets brainwashed back to her duty above all else mentality. Maria often acts out the role Kanade would have if she’d lived… up to and including flicking Tsubasa on the forehead to snap her out of her worrying. Heck, even Shem-ha’s line “Meteorites fall, and burn away.” Followed by Hibiki’s “Then!” comes from the Season 1 tag line.

But then, the season has so many amazing moments all its own. The big opening fight and the later fight against the divine power before Shem-ha’s reveal are awe inspiring. The “spirit duet” between Hibiki and Saint Germain was so much fun. The surprise reemergence of Carol and the Autoscorers giving them the chance at redemption that Season 3 kinda flubbed was terrific. The final two songs, the one where their superb song is the key to saving the world, and the one that ends out the credits that’s an updated version of Tsubasa and Kanade’s first song is great. And yes, best transformations in any series. I think there were a couple later on in the Madoka side story that came close, but it’s still really no contest…
Old 2023-02-11, 20:43   Link #499
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It was definitely a victory lap or love letter to the fans kind of series. Took a lot of early concepts and just polished them nicely. Fitting in little moments that just felt right. Little touches like Chris' Red Hot Blaze move actually getting to fire a shot or shooting teleportation crystals to put some pressure on the retreating alchemists.

The Hibiki and Saint Germain duet really was just fun. Especially since S1/S2 had plenty of spiritual presences so this was hardly improbable. And it did give Saint Germain the moment of being able to take Hibiki's hand like she wanted but never felt as if she truly did while alive.

It cleaned up some things about S3. Although I felt that was mostly reserved for the fathers. Hibiki's dad especially got a better conclusion. Both with things not immediately working out with his ex-wife (which it shouldn't have) and giving the best advice he could to Hibiki. Tsubasa's father wasn't too bad in GX, but I think his sacrifice and helping her determine why people are worth protecting was nice.

I liked the Autoscorers in GX in part because they didn't need redemption. They fulfilled their roles perfectly. Whether it was pressuring the main cast and breaking their gears or setting up for flashy defeats. It was still nice giving them a chance at self-sacrifice. And giving a chance for Carol (both on her own and via Elfnein) to thank them. I do think it cleaned up things for Carol. Her loss in GX never felt right. Hibiki wanted to save Carol and she arguably failed to do that. She saved a body that Elfnein could then inhabit, but that was more saving Elfnein than Carol. Carol coming back let Hibiki's efforts mean something, let her help Hibiki save what she cared about, and let her go out with class.

No matter what awaits down the road, I can be satisfied with how XV landed. A beautiful example of what original anime series can be.

Tags
action, badass.mc, bishoujo, music