AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-08, 11:01   Link #141
Westlo
Lets be reality

I liked the samples Megumi Takamoto had on her agency site, should be a nice fit for Winry,

http://www.sigma7.co.jp/profile/w_51.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Ok, basically, they kept Edward and Al, Hughes, Armstrong and the Fuhrer. But, TF?!!

4) Riza sounding like Rukia: I don't know to laugh or to cry.
Doubt you'll need to worry about that too much, her VA has nice range, her Kaaya from Druaga and her Haru from Xamdou sound nothing like Rukia.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:35   Link #142
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I mentioned Rukia as she seems the closest voice Fumiko-san would use for Riza: no-nonsense most of the time, but soft if she needs to. I sure as hell hope that she doesn't use her Meyrin/Seras voice for Hawkeye.
Old 2009-03-08, 23:50   Link #143
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I wonder if this series will cover and remake all those events already covered by the first series, or we start at the middle of the manga
Old 2009-03-09, 01:14   Link #144
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Most likely a remake from the beginning, with original characters thrown in. For starters, I don't remember an Isaac in the manga storyline.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:02   Link #145
Jays

Don't get me wrong I absolute love the work Shinichiro Miki has done, but seriously Toru Okawa was GODLIKE as Mustang. I just think Miki sorta lacks that raw surge that Okawa can out of no where summon. I'll say it again, I think Miki is a fantastic seiyu, and I don't know the legalities of it, but not getting Okawa back is in my books a mistake, everytime I think about Okawa I think to myself, fuck no one else could have done Mustang better than him, no one.

This honestly feels like I'm comparing the Japanese to English ie. "Will this guy work out, or was this a good choice or a bad choice!?"

PS. What gives? No Greed?
Old 2009-03-09, 02:45   Link #146
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Not announced yet, it seems. If Suwabe Junichi doesn't come back, we have another issue on our hands.

Well, from another angle, it is ok to have a new voice for Roy, since in the manga, his role REALLY changes quite a bit. Oh, and manga readers would probably agree that Lyle wouldn't sound out of place.
Old 2009-03-09, 04:17   Link #147
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
PS. What gives? No Greed?
The cast list released so far is for all the characters that appear in episodes 1 and 2 from what I understand. Characters that show up later on will be credited and revealed as the series progresses.
Old 2009-03-09, 04:19   Link #148
Same_Shark

Not sure what to think about all the seiyuu-changes, but I'm sure we'll all get used to them. I just can't wait for the manga-only characters to be casted.
Old 2009-03-09, 15:42   Link #149
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The seiyuu cast has been revealed, plenty of changes:

Romi Paku as Edward Elric
Rie Kugimiya as Alphonse Elric
Megumi Takamoto as Winry Rockbell
Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang
Fumiko Orikasa as Riza Hawkeye
Kenji Utsumi as Alex Louis Armstrong
Keiji Fujiwara as Maes Hughes
Yuji Ueda as Jean Havoc
Kenji Hamada as Vato Falman
Kaori Nazuka as Maria Ross
Hidekatsu Shibata as King Bradley
Kenta Miyake as Scar
Kikuko Inoue as Lust
Tetsu Shiratori as Gluttony
Minami Takayama as Envy
Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee
Kouichi Yamadera as Isaac

Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-cast-revealed

I really don't like some of the changes tbqh. >_> No more Yamaguchi as Envy in particular makes me a sad panda.
ai right i see like 5 seiyu return to do their characters again while the rest is new voice.

roy aka lockon
riza aka FUMIKO ORIKASA (alert for a FUMIKO factor)

yikes evil belldandy aka lust with gult's seiyu being lloyd from geass & father killer andrei good god we're doomed!!!

with some 00 & geass seiyu in it yea i guess we're so getting 00 vs geass
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2009-03-09, 17:17   Link #150
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Kenta Miyake as Scar
Macross Frontier's Bobby "Gay to Gar in 0.5 seconds" Margot as Scar? Talk about a role reversal
Old 2009-03-09, 19:20   Link #151
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

anyone feel like maybe sayin fma-geass-00

Romi Paku as Edward Elric aka regene from 00
Rie Kugimiya as Alphonse Elric nena from 00
Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang aka lockons from 00
Fumiko Orikasa as Riza Hawkeye aka shirley from geass
Keiji Fujiwara as Maes Hughes aka ali from 00
Yuji Ueda as Jean Havoc aka billy from 00
Kenji Hamada as Vato Falman aka patrick from 00
Kaori Nazuka as Maria Ross aka nunnally from geass
Kenta Miyake as Scar
Kikuko Inoue as Lust aka cecile from geass
Tetsu Shiratori as Gluttony aka lloyd from geass & andrei from 00
Minami Takayama as Envy aka kati from 00
Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee aka al-hal from 00

9 seiyu of 00, 5 seiyu return to their roles, 5 non geass 00 seiyu, with 4 geass seiyu & with 1 did both ya get the pic.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2009-03-09, 19:22   Link #152
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Why does this seem more like Sunrise than BONES...?
Old 2009-03-09, 22:20   Link #153
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Not announced yet, it seems. If Suwabe Junichi doesn't come back, we have another issue on our hands.
Oh God yes, that would be one hell of a problem. He just fits that kind of archetype character like no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Well, from another angle, it is ok to have a new voice for Roy, since in the manga, his role REALLY changes quite a bit. Oh, and manga readers would probably agree that Lyle wouldn't sound out of place.
Yes it would seem like I'm a bit biased, I've never been exposed to the manga, I'm only going with what I've seen, and if perhaps this is with good reason - as in new seiyu's to fit the characters better? It just felt like Okawa could literally summon fire with his voice acting, and also play that coy version of Mustang that always has an alterial motive, but go Miki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The cast list released so far is for all the characters that appear in episodes 1 and 2 from what I understand. Characters that show up later on will be credited and revealed as the series progresses.
Looks like here's where I went wrong, thanks for clarifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
anyone feel like maybe sayin fma-geass-00
9 seiyu of 00, 5 seiyu return to their roles, 5 non geass 00 seiyu, with 4 geass seiyu & with 1 did both ya get the pic.
That's not a bad list, but yeah... I don't know it feels like they maybe played things a bit too safe? In any case, I'm still interested, yet some what surprised by this list.

Usually one of my favorite things about Japanese anime (JapDub) is the fact that seldom do we see such crossovers in voice acting like these, and when it does happen it's pretty cool like "Hey I know that guy he did this character in so on", this list looks like something out of an American Dub seeing as every one of them has the same reoccuring voices.
Old 2009-03-10, 01:31   Link #154
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Jays: Like Lyle, in the manga, Roy uses the Obfuscating Stupidity trope quite frequently. And he doesn't go emo, like in the movie. Lord, that sequence was one of the reasons why I never sat down to watch the whole thing.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:39   Link #155
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why does this seem more like Sunrise than BONES...?
The first Fullmetal Alchemist had a huge number of people from Gundam Seed in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
That's not a bad list, but yeah... I don't know it feels like they maybe played things a bit too safe? In any case, I'm still interested, yet some what surprised by this list.

Usually one of my favorite things about Japanese anime (JapDub) is the fact that seldom do we see such crossovers in voice acting like these, and when it does happen it's pretty cool like "Hey I know that guy he did this character in so on", this list looks like something out of an American Dub seeing as every one of them has the same reoccuring voices.
The thing is that while both Anime in the East and West have go to actors, the Japanese side has a much larger selection.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency..._prolific=cast
Old 2009-03-11, 02:49   Link #156
_gallo_

Don't click on the spoiler unless we've read the manga up to... i don't remember anymore, let's say vol 13.

Spoiler:

Btw, I really like the new chara from Hiroshi Kanno. Looks more faithful to Arakawa's style.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
Old 2009-03-11, 10:38   Link #157
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

may someone enlighten me who is isaac? can't rmb this guy from the comic
Old 2009-03-11, 18:50   Link #158
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Don't click on the spoiler unless we've read the manga up to... i don't remember anymore, let's say vol 13.

Spoiler:

Btw, I really like the new chara from Hiroshi Kanno. Looks more faithful to Arakawa's style.
well that is is seriously kickass. I noticed two are missing , I guess it's for spoiler and all.
Old 2009-03-13, 10:12   Link #159
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
The seiyuu cast has been revealed, plenty of changes:

Romi Paku as Edward Elric
Rie Kugimiya as Alphonse Elric
Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang
Fumiko Orikasa as Riza Hawkeye

Keiji Fujiwara as Maes Hughes
Yuji Ueda as Jean Havoc
Kenji Hamada as Vato Falman
Kaori Nazuka as Maria Ross
Kenta Miyake as Scar
Kikuko Inoue as Lust
Tetsu Shiratori as Gluttony
Minami Takayama as Envy

Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee

Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-cast-revealed

I really don't like some of the changes tbqh. >_> No more Yamaguchi as Envy in particular makes me a sad panda.
My god. Some VA's are drasticly changed while others remains the same bcoz when was the last time I watched FMA during old days where Ueda Yuji voiced as Kimblee and havoc played as Matsumoto Yasunori. Also Orikasa voiced as whoever as a Guest from episode 39 or something. I wonder Nunnally's VA will be sound like as Maria Ross like the previous FMA was voiced by Saiga Mitsuki. Plus last time Tetsu voiced as Fuery and now Gluttony? I was like "WTF'!?
Old 2009-03-13, 17:36   Link #160
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
My god. Some VA's are drasticly changed while others remains the same bcoz when was the last time I watched FMA during old days where Ueda Yuji voiced as Kimblee and havoc played as Matsumoto Yasunori. Also Orikasa voiced as whoever as a Guest from episode 39 or something. I wonder Nunnally's VA will be sound like as Maria Ross like the previous FMA was voiced by Saiga Mitsuki. Plus last time Tetsu voiced as Fuery and now Gluttony? I was like "WTF'!?
yea it a nearly a total remake/reboot of fma & any guess this will be remake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECobBKOuav8 "yes".
Closed Thread