Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 17:54   Link #5281
Wingzeroangelofdeath

LOL:

Old 2013-04-11, 19:31   Link #5282
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Ha! Look at the bottom of the pic; Eeni made it. Awesome. Though instead of crying, Wu Fei should have said "I don't need a younger version of myself. I'm Asian."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
@Ikuze, where did you find those chapters? Were they english or did you translated them? Thanks anyways, was just going to post here 'whatsup with FT' lol.
Nah, Google did the translating. I only did the understanding. (took me a while to figure out that "predecessor" is Jr. calling Heero "sempai")
As for the chapters, they're on this Chinese site. Google is one crappy translator, especially with the names, but with some effort you can get the gist. Most of the time.

Quote:
From you last post, let me get this clear, so when Duo jr and company were taken in, were Trowa and Catherine there all the time? Because they were having some food and stuff? Don't get it lol :P sorry
Trowa, Catherine and Heero, who were on the Shorfok 2(?), had been captured previously (iirc they decided to surrender, to get to Relena). The other three in the Gundams escaped that time, but let themselves be caught in the battle that took place a few days later. So yes, Trowa, Catherine and Heero had been at Relena's for a while when Jr., Phobos and Quatre were taken in.

As for the food, once there (please don't ask me where "there" is exactly), they were taken to a room where Trowa and his sis were having a huge breakfast and Heero was watching flashback TV.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 16:49   Link #5283
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Thanks man! Helped me figure out some things :P
Old 2013-04-12, 20:14   Link #5284
Eeni

(°_⊙)
I am completely befuddled by what is happening. Let's make a list:
  1. Relena also has a clone?
  2. Heero won't kill her because either: A) it's a clone or B) he wants her to view a few files first?
  3. No one has bothered to kill Holo Zechs yet?
  4. Where are Zechs & Noin? Shouldn't they be somewhere nearby? Do they even know what's happening? For that matter, have they realized that their children are missing?
  5. Who's flagship where O.G. Trowa, Catherine, & Heero on? If it's Relena's, wa that why the Mars Feddies didn't seem to bat an eye at them and allowed it to be on the sidelines?

I guess once all that is answered, I'll have a better understanding of the hell is going on.

WHAAAAA! People seem to like that strip and #3, I personally like the last one I made:

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 20:45   Link #5285
Wingzeroangelofdeath

hahah love the strips man!

Yes Relena is also cloned, 'cause the Relena who's doing the public appearance is the evil cloned Relena as I remember reading the early chapters of FT.

Why the heck does everyone need to be cloned lol, it just messes with my head, I don't understand a thing happening in FT xD we need some hard answers.
Old 2013-04-12, 21:03   Link #5286
susyia

WTF? so relena we Know is not relena but a clone ? omg!!! poor heero
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 04:56   Link #5287
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I don't have much time right now, but just to make this clear: there are no clones of Relena in MC. Any and all appearances that were made, were Relena from the series and no one else.

The line about the gazillion clones in my post was an obviously failed attempt at humor. You know, since Katrina and Sabrina look like Relena and Katrina 2.0 is shaping up to do so as well.

Also Eeni, Heero totally should've sent Noin a copy of Guitar Hero.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
(°_⊙)
I am completely befuddled by what is happening. Let's make a list:
  1. Relena also has a clone?
  2. Heero won't kill her because either: A) it's a clone or B) he wants her to view a few files first?
  3. No one has bothered to kill Holo Zechs yet?
  4. Where are Zechs & Noin? Shouldn't they be somewhere nearby? Do they even know what's happening? For that matter, have they realized that their children are missing?
  5. Who's flagship where O.G. Trowa, Catherine, & Heero on? If it's Relena's, was that why the Mars Feddies didn't seem to bat an eye at them and allowed it to be on the sidelines?

I guess once all that is answered, I'll have a better understanding of the hell is going on.
1. No clones. Only Reverse Generation Xerox.

5. Heero and co. were captured first, Jr. and his posse second. All were brought to the Peacecraft's base, which (I just looked it up to be sure) is in Relena City.
I'm not sure what you mean about their flagship belonging to the Mars Feds..? The Shorfok was Preventer's and I think it was Mille who held them at gunpoint when they surrendered. So they were definitely attacked. ...I also think I recall something about Trowa blowing their ship up, or at least wanting to, when Heero told them to surrender..? I know it was in one of the translated chapters... Gah, that was ages ago, I hardly remember. Darn that stupid choice of writing! *is too lazy to look it up*
And Jr., Phobos and Quatre were only in their MS. No ship for them. At least from what I can tell.

2. We all know his mission is to kill her, but he is hesitant and Relena asks him why. He says he wants her to see the Peacecraft files before he kills her (he even does the whole cheesy "pulling out a gun and aiming it at her" thing). Apparently, there is something important to be found in those files, because Relena, after seeing them, agrees with Heero that now is not the time for her to die. And then they get attacked again (so the postponing is not due to the attack, but due to the content of the files).

3. Apparently not. And really, all they need is a good antivirus program.

4. From the looks of it, Zechs (aka Cyrene) got his butt kicked by Babel, as he is the one relaying the message that it is coming to attack them (Relena City) as he couldn't fend it off. So I'd say he's aware that his kids are at the city, seeing as he's talking to them lol. I'm not sure where Noin is, but as she was last seen throwing tea parties alongside Relena and as there is an assistant of Relena's mentioned, I'll go out on a limb and say the assistant is Noin, meaning she's with the group in Relena City.
Google messes up the names pretty badly and it takes some effort to figure out that for example "Sussex • horse its Sri Lanka" is "Zechs Marquise". I don't remember what Noin's name is skewed to, so until I figure it out, Noin's presence there is only an assumption (albeit a sound one in my opinion).

I hope that clears up some things. Sorry that my summary left much to be desired; I had read through the chapter only once and didn't want to start making things up, hence the vagueness. /fail

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-04-13 at 14:14.
Old 2013-04-13, 13:34   Link #5288
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I don't have much time right now, but just to make this clear: there are no clones of Relena in MC. Any and all appearances that were made, were Relena from the series and no one else.

The line about the gazillion clones in my post was an obviously failed attempt at humor. You know, since Katrina and Sabrina look like Relena and Katrina 2.0 is shaping up to do so as well.
THANK GOD! I was sweating bullets here trying so hard to remember where that was and why I hadn't made fun of it yet. I thought I was crazy 'cus I couldn't find it anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Also Eeni, Heero should've totally sent Noin a copy of Guitar Hero.
I am totally open to suggestions! And that statement totally got me thinking!

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2013-04-13, 14:52   Link #5289
HDTQW

FT Question

Is Duo Jr. a clone, or Duo Sr.'s son?
HDTQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 14:56   Link #5290
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes. 10chars
Old 2013-04-13, 15:32   Link #5291
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

LOL Epic answer, RD.

And no, Duo Jr. is not a clone. He is Duo's son, although Duo likes to deny it sometimes.
Old 2013-04-13, 15:36   Link #5292
HDTQW

Thank! One more question though, did FT end or is it still ongoing? Most of the translation I found end at the beginning of 2012.
Old 2013-04-13, 15:51   Link #5293
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Ongoing, although there was no chapter this month. We're currently at 26 chapters total.

As for translations, you're best off learning Chinese as this site has all the current chapters posted, but sadly, they are in Chinese (and trust me, Google Translator is crap).
As far as I know, there are no English translations available for recent chapters, so I'm afraid I can't help past this...
Old 2013-04-13, 15:58   Link #5294
HDTQW

Thank you!
Old 2013-04-13, 16:06   Link #5295
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

You're welcome. Although I wish I could do more.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:35   Link #5296
Eeni

Alright... one last question to be asking:

According to the story, it's common knowledge that "Sabrina" died in some sort of shuttle accident a few years back (the whole it was Kathrina being saved by Heero or the Darlin family or something), so Sabrina takes on the name Kathrina and becomes queen, marries a dude and has his kid, and has now been killed in a horrible "accident". So now, the real Kathrina shows up to take her rightful place right?

Has anyone else, like, let's pretend, the news/media/military leaders/other royals of the GW world questioned where this 3rd Peacecraft came from? Are we to assume that everyone who inhabits this world just doesn't give a damn about whether a ruler of a kingdom has 2 or 10+ kids or who they are or where they are or what they're doing?

Old 2013-04-13, 21:04   Link #5297
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Eeni agree on your last post, was thinking the same.

Ikuze I know how you feel, going through all those chapters again, the writing doesn't make any sense lol, sometimes I didn't even know from which perspective the story was being told, we need a darned good translator or just the english version of it.
I hope inchoate Oeuvre (or how the person is called, I still don't know lol) resumes translating.

As for sabrina dying, wasn't that accident faked or something? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:20   Link #5298
gordol
Banned

Talking now about GOL, what do you guys want to see differently from the TV series?

Mine:
-Tallgeese II getting custom weapons: Beam Cannon and a Solid Sword
-The Leos for the final battle equipped with weapons strong enough to get some Virgo kills
-More custom weapons for the base and upgraded Gundams
-Treize getting to fight Miliardo at least for a bit
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:35   Link #5299
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Heero kissing the hell out of Relena at the scene where he leaves for the final battle (after Peacemillion crashes into Libra, and he retrieves Zero).
Old 2013-04-14, 14:43   Link #5300
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Talking now about GOL, what do you guys want to see differently from the TV series?
Middie Une. Out of all the characters in GW, she intrigues me the most. What's her connection to Lady Une? What happened to her after EZ? Was something planned about her showing up in the series? Trowa's amnesia episodes seem rather convenient for that (note that EZ was supposed to be ep 27 & 28 and Trowa being Buster Rifle'd happened in ep 25).
If GoL touches on that I'll be the happiest GW fan around.

Other than that, I don't know. So far the battles and custom weapons have been pretty darn awesome. Excluding fat-legged Sandrock of course. Now, that just looked silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Alright... one last question to be asking:

According to the story, it's common knowledge that "Sabrina" died in some sort of shuttle accident a few years back, so Sabrina takes on the name Kathrina and becomes queen, marries a dude and has his kid, and has now been killed in a horrible "accident". So now, the real Kathrina shows up to take her rightful place right?

Has anyone else, like, let's pretend, the news/media/military leaders/other royals of the GW world questioned where this 3rd Peacecraft came from? Are we to assume that everyone who inhabits this world just doesn't give a damn about whether a ruler of a kingdom has 2 or 10+ kids or who they are or where they are or what they're doing?
Considering how everyone of them looks the same, I don't blame people for losing track of how many there actually were. xD

No but seriously, good point. From what I understood, when the accident happened, Eric shielded Sabrina and died on the spot. Sabrina survived the explosion and was brought to a hospital, but in the end didn't make it either.
I don't get what googlefish is trying to say at this part, but later a passage about Katrina returning, resuming her sister's role and Marquis Weridge guaranteeing her being the real Katrina through DNA testing comes up.
I'd deduce from this that Sabrina's death was kept a secret for the time being, but that begs the question of how the Merry Men up in space knew about it..? And why the nation was in mourning... :S Googlefish says Queen Katrina was reported to have been killed. Or at least I think it says that. So, her coming back from the dead is kinda... uh... I really don't know, I'm sorry.

Here are the excerpts (I took the liberty of fixing the names). Maybe you can figure it out?

Spoiler for excerpts:

These parts really need proper translating.

(And I just noticed how much angst and drama I ignored. Sheesh, this chapter is dripping with those.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Ikuze I know how you feel, going through all those chapters again, the writing doesn't make any sense lol, sometimes I didn't even know from which perspective the story was being told, we need a darned good translator or just the english version of it.
Aye, that's one thing. And as if Google wasn't a horrible translator itself, the lack of sense in terms of story (I still don't get why they have to kill Relena, for example) makes it all the more difficult.

I'm really grateful that so many chapters and snippets have been translated already, otherwise I'd feel like a complete moron claiming stuff like Relena offering Heero a cup of tea while asking him to shoot her. One would think Google is BSing you, but no, these bouts of complete randomness and crazy (see Tranny S) are actually part of the story.

Quote:
As for Sabrina dying, wasn't that accident faked or something? Correct me if I'm wrong.
The accident was real, her death was faked.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing