Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-03, 15:53   Link #281
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Something I once read before: The Japanese school year ends in March. So someone born in April of one year can have a classmate that was born between January and March of the following year.
So then is there a birthday cutoff, like you have to turn age 6 by April 1st, 2007 to enter 1st grade in 2007?

Last edited by orion; 2007-07-03 at 17:00.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 15:57   Link #282
barbapapa
chochopolice

I just want to say that this show is really fun.
Old 2007-07-03, 19:38   Link #283
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I don't know what made me download it, but I just watched the first episode and... Whoa, this is an amazing, cute, fun little sci-fi series. I'm still not sure what all's going on, but the first ep was just awesome. Pleasantly surprised.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 10:04   Link #284
wao
OK.

I briefly flipped through the roman album guidebook thing. Okay, it wasn't as good as I expected Although it was nice to see the character designs and stuff. Plus there's a 4 page interview with Iso, I'm definitely taking a closer look at that. There was an interview with the music composer in June Animage as well, I think. Also, in the Roman Album, there is still a seemingly main character who hasn't even been mentioned yet, "Nobuhiko"... I wonder who this is.

Also, there's some spoilers for episode 9 in it, and while I don't have the time to write it out let me just say... it looks like there is going to be some... REALLY crazy stuff happening. I think. I think it needs a leetle bit of a forewarning because
Spoiler:

I get a feeling Haraken will definitely be playing a sort of important role in upcoming episodes...
There's also a few shots of the artboards as well as a map of the city

Also, there's another Roman Album coming out in November or so. Since by then the series would be over or almost over, I guess it'd be some sort of "part 2"? It seems like there's also enough demand for Densuke and Oyaji plushies because at the back of the Roman Album they mentioned that they may come out around Fall.

I'm hearing things about a Nintendo DS game adaptation as well, although if you think of a game version of this the expectations would be way too high because it's so much like an awesome game just in itself...
Old 2007-07-04, 10:22   Link #285
manuloz

I was browsing the last couple of comments on the last episode but i failed to find a comment about this ...

Spoiler:

That's all.
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 13:15   Link #286
Tom Bombadil

^ I had the same question when I saw it. But judging from the few phrases I caught from the raw, the show gave little explanation on that matter(someone correct me if I am wrong). Probably it was meant to be this way for suspension, which also means we might see it again later.

Illegal kills, Isako's scary story and Yasako's creepy dreams. Now Wao's revelation of ep9. This show sure knows how to turn to the dark side.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 17:28   Link #287
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
I was browsing the last couple of comments on the last episode but i failed to find a comment about this ...

Spoiler:

That's all.
It'll prob turn up later because...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-04, 17:57   Link #288
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
This thread seemed relatively lonely compared to other current discussions, so I decided to drop in to share by doubtlessly redundant expression of extreme delight and happiness of having seen some 4 episodes of this wonderful jewel of a series.

I am so in...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 18:24   Link #289
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
This thread seemed relatively lonely compared to other current discussions
I knooow. *cranky* This is such an astounding series so far, but I've heard almost nothing about it from people and other sources I usually get recommendations from.

I've finished three episodes and I'm lovin' it more and more... I have high hopes for Denno Coil. *_*
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 18:35   Link #290
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I've finished three episodes and I'm lovin' it more and more...
Oh boy. I watched the first 3 episodes yesterday and was fairly impressed, buy episode 4 has completely blown me away. It's crazy! I am so envious that you have this experience still before you.

Meanwhile, I am surging ahead to watch the rest of the series.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 19:44   Link #291
Huw M

Hey Wao, any idea where I might purchase this Roman Album? I pre-ordered it off Amazon Japan but its not going to be in until the end of the month...and I want it now! Though if its really not that good I could just wait til my order goes through I guess.

Interesting news about a potential game. An RPG would be nice, and very well suited. Maybe it could use wifi, or have a multiplayer aspect. Though in all likelihood it will turn out to be some uninspired cash-in visual novel type dreck. Oh well, I can't imagine it would ever come out in the english speaking world unless Denno Coil became some huge hit over here.
Huw M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 20:10   Link #292
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post

Spoiler:

That's all.
I noticed that weird particular as well, but in a first moment I thought it could have been the raw.

Spoiler:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 01:42   Link #293
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Oh boy. I watched the first 3 episodes yesterday and was fairly impressed, buy episode 4 has completely blown me away. It's crazy! I am so envious that you have this experience still before you.

Meanwhile, I am surging ahead to watch the rest of the series.
Am I allowed to grin into a corner? I hope you don't mind me randomly assuming things but I was dead sure that if you checked out this series, episode 4 would totally impress you. It felt like something you'd definitely enjoy...

Personally, I think it was the most enjoyable out of all the episodes so far although for some reason I liked 7 a lot too. I really can't put my finger on why exactly. I can only hope that future events will not disappoint me... I should think Iso after planning this for so long would have the ability and sensibility not to drop the ball.

Huw M: That's strange. I asked my brother to preorder it off Amazon Japan as well, but I got mine yesterday... It's not terrible, but it's got a good amount of stuff that we already know - although IMO at 800yen I guess it's worth it just to see the character designs, the ep 9 spoiler, the mysterious unintroduced characters, and above all Iso's interview. Heck, I buy Animage mags that are way more expensive just to scan 1-2 pages and read 1-2 pages of interviews...

Shinndou: I had seen that thing too but simply forgot to talk about it, but I was thinking if it
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-05, 01:54   Link #294
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Risaa commands that I watch this and we know I am compelled to obey small cute things so off I go to seek this out.
Old 2007-07-05, 01:54   Link #295
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 1 was good enough to convince me that this is a one of a kind show that comes out not so often. Episode 4 definitely is the highlight of the series, though admittedly I've yet to see any more beyond episode 5. It will be so sweet if it's picked up for a R1 release, but at the same time, I'm pragmatic enough to realize the chances of it's getting licensed may be slim due to the type of storytelling which should attract only some select viewers.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 01:59   Link #296
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
then is thats true monir how did something like Paranoia Agent get picked up and on tv? (sorry if it was popular on here i didnt know about it till it aired on [as])
vaizard_ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 02:02   Link #297
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's always exceptions to any generalization?
Old 2007-07-05, 02:08   Link #298
wao
OK.

Paranoia Agent had Satoshi Kon behind it, and Kon's relatively well known and respected overseas so that's probably one of the factors which made it get prelicensed (and cofunded?) by Geneon USA.

Dennou Coil, meanwhile, doesn't seem to be aiming at foreign audiences or having foreign funding or production or anything along that line yet. Nobody knows about Mitsuo Iso in the same way people know about Satoshi Kon over in the States, etc. I wouldn't count it out on being licensed though, what with the way the market is moving... but I also wonder what Iso would feel or think about getting his brainchild licensed for foreign consumption. I secretly hope if it gets licensed that he makes sure they do proper dubbing and sound mixing and most importantly don't market it wrongly.

Speaking of foreign involvement I was quite surprised to see that even 8 episodes in, Madhouse, which should be infamous by now for their continuous outsourcing in their TV series (esp. to their sister studio Dr Movie which is largely Korean), hasn't outsourced any single part of this show at all. Not even to other Japanese companies - I think. I haven't scrutinized all the entire credits but I'm 100% sure I didn't see a single foreign studio name or staff member in the whole credits. I suppose it's because it's Iso after all...
Old 2007-07-05, 02:13   Link #299
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
I do hope Iso does want it here in the states though something would tell me if it gets on tv itll be censored(its possible though i dont remember seeing much scenes that should be censored) and chances are if it does come here and gets dubbed itll be good VAs like on Paranoia Agent
vaizard_ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 02:36   Link #300
orion

Well, this is a Bandai Visual title who has a US branch. It only now amounts to how Bandai Visual wants to bring it over.

Maybe they will partner with RightStuf and do a sub only release.

It's not really adult enough for Adult Swim and not action enough for Toonami. I think that it's best to hope for the Sci-fi Channel or Anime Network.

Besides, if it's considered a "niche within a niche" title, it's probably not going to get a dub anyways and it limits who will bring it over imo.

Tags
science fiction