AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-01-20, 12:58   Link #181
ipernorris

I think to have understood why the silver haired chick (Felli?) behaved like she did. Those purple petal of hers are like a walkie-talkie for each team member so anyone can hear what the other members think thus allowing real time communication between team members, even when they're far from each other. (they could have really used just a walkie-talkie and reserving the silver haired chick for another use, but it's ok anyway... )
In episode 1 the silver haired chick said "someone save her" referring to the black haired chick who was going to get smashed by the crumbling roof. She didn't say "Layfon save her" or "Cool dude with blue eyes and brown hair save her" so she made a broadcast trasmission directed to anyone able to save the black chick, not directly to Layfon. This must be the case even because she didn't know Layfon before the entrance cerimony, at least we haven't evidence so far about that.
In episode 2 a similiar thing happened, but only limited to the members of her team: she only an wireless petal service provider, the users can say whatever they like with the connection she provides. This would explain why she's pissed of at Leyfon.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 13:17   Link #182
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
ehhh Layfon should throw that and go back to the girl from the beggining ^^
Here, here, that sounds good....she needs more screen time....!!!
Layfon seems to be making such a female fanbase so early on....including felis and nina even if they are mad at him at the moment.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 13:51   Link #183
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

This show is awesome, I love the action and the characters. Also I really enjoy a shounen type anime where the main character is already pretty gar level strong from the beginning. Haven't really seen a good one since kaze no Stigma.
Old 2009-01-20, 13:56   Link #184
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK1412 View Post
Damn Layfon is awesome, im a bit shocked that the anime storyline is completely different from the manga storylines
He's awesome but pisses me off. He's strong and obviously gone through serious strict training, yet he's being pushed around so easily and can't even say no. This is lame, where did all his discipline go or whatever? An awesome character being ruined by this stupid comic stuff. The student president and all his goons are nothing to him, yet he's letting himself get pushed around when he had decided to do seomthing.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:01   Link #185
FuzzyWuzzy

Psh, layfon should have hidden his powers but he had to go power up with yellow things glowing around him. He should have completely and utterly should have gone with his resolve to be a normal student so we can enjoy a nice quiet harem school comedy and not an action packed roller coaster thrill ride with wthpwning leet super duper one shot killing machine anime.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:35   Link #186
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Psh, layfon should have hidden his powers but he had to go power up with yellow things glowing around him. He should have completely and utterly should have gone with his resolve to be a normal student so we can enjoy a nice quiet harem school comedy and not an action packed roller coaster thrill ride with wthpwning leet super duper one shot killing machine anime.
I pretty bad at discerning sarcasm, but i'm pretty sure that was it lol!

I really liked Layfon's character, I reckon the Nina was being unfair as in the beginning she was disappointed because Layfon didn't meet her expectations then when he does she gets angry at him.
Old 2009-01-20, 18:16   Link #187
SkoolRumble4Ya

I don't get why the silver hair girl was angry at Layfon. Didn't she send him Nina voice?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:21   Link #188
Cinocard

Because she's a Loli. Getting mad without whatsoever sense. She wants Leyfon to save Nina, but hate him for using his power
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:22   Link #189
zibi88

But man Layfon came to this city so he could start a new life the one he choices for himself and not someone for im (like in previous city wit hmartial arts as base element)..... yet president thinks only about his own profits and he is not thinking about what Layfons wants to do.....

Now after showing his powers he can threaten president XD that he will place him in general art class like he was planing or he will leave to another city so maybe in future he will kick his ass on a city-city match ^^

Many girls are from general art class so they would be happy to have Layfon between then ^^ poor meicchi xD so many love rivals after one episode >__<

I kinda dont understand Ninas thinking.....Layfon showed his power in order to win the match (since they would lose it durring lack of time so she wouldnt even be able to reach the flag in time.... yet defeating that big guy) for her and she is all sulky and mad at him.....

Man what would she do when Layfon would show his true powers durring that morning exercise......she would land in hospital heavly dmged right before the matches started....or she would get totaly depresed that she is weak compared to him and she would fail durring the match.....

So anyway nina would still be pissed in any way:

- when Layfon would show his power to her in the morning sesion she would be in hospital for X time, they would lose the main maches becouse of lack of people and captain....... she would blame Layfon for that lost match... and the same depresed that he is way stronger from her

- like in episode Layfon showed some of his powers to win match for Nina yet she got angry at him becouse he hide it from her....

- if Layfon wouldnt do anything they would lose the match and so Nina would blame everyone for lack of entusiasm and lack of cooperation.... so she would get angry here again....

So every dirrection and Nina is mad.... mostly becouse she sees that she is weak herself and is not a good captain since her commarades dont listen to her (low morale and lack of entusiasm ^^)

so at the end of episode2 she acted little bitchy in my eyes.... she won the match and gained a stong member yet she is mad becouse he is stronger from her.... normaly she should at least show her thanks and be happy that group17 won the match....... and so she could take Layfon as and example to follow and train even harder to become more like him.....

and so Layfon won the match for them the same exposing himself to everyone (took the sacrafiece and his future is again in martial arts.... so his leaving hometown made no difference except he had to part with that girl) and except gratulations and thanks he got 2angry girls (who are hurt becouse of their own complexes....).... and so their reaction made Layfon hurt...

Layfon should say that if she doesnt like it he will leave group17... thow that badge to Ninas legs and say goodbye and good luck.... so Layfon will be happy and Nina will be happy since she would be the strongest in group17 again ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:27   Link #190
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think common consensus here is "quit platoon 17 and start his own harem." i'm in this boat
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:33   Link #191
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I don't get why the silver hair girl was angry at Layfon. Didn't she send him Nina voice?
she's mad cuz he wanted him to hide his powers like she is doing.

but ya its wierd that she sent him nina's voice and of course he would want to help

i cant wait for episode 3 i love the fight music :> and the fights are awesome
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:42   Link #192
iceyfw

why do people keep saying felli's brother keeps doing this and that for his own desires? i can see where he is coming from. he already said in episode 1 Zenri currently owns one selenium mine because they lost city matches for the past two years. now imagine if they were to lose again, the whole city would be in trouble. i mean sure, he could be hiding something and can be deceiving most of the time, but i'm sure the reasons are good at this point in the game.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:03   Link #193
Traece
:cool:

I was actually surprised at the quality of this series. I mostly checked it out because it 'seemed' like it could be interesting. The description of it was a little sketchy in my book but this turned out to be a wonderful little gem.

Plus, they start it off 'very' well and introduce the characters and their personalities quite well. Best of all, it's not the sort of series that takes itself 'too seriously' and still allows very cartoony elements to show up like the different eye shapes and such, and does it without distracting from the flow. Being cartoony at the wrong time is something I'm sure we all remember from at least ONE episode of World Destruction (that was a confusing battle...). Since I already mentioned battles, it might be a good idea to say that I was impressed with those as well, and especially Layfon's extreme abilities to make the people around him immediately drop what they're doing and attempt to go to their happy place, unless they're in a tree (in the trees, they do the same thing but wide-eyed and with curse words).

Plus, I'm a sucker for anything with romance in it... This definitely has romantic elements in it, even if those elements might just be people that are in love with other people. Though based on the second episode, our military-hot-shot-that-doesn't-even-want-to-be-such-a-hot-shot-and-would-rather-take-it-easy has some issues to work out with his captain and equally lazy and underachieving psychic comrade.
Layfon's lack of interest in showing/using his natural talents reminds me a lot of me. This series should be a treat for good old Traece! =D
Old 2009-01-20, 19:05   Link #194
Archmagination2002

I feel so sad for Layfon.

1)His path was chosen the moment he was born with such a powerful Ki organ.(For those that don't know all those in the Military Arts have that extra Ki organ that gives them there special abilities.. like Restoration for weapons. General Arts students usually don't have that organ and thus are mere humans. BTW the Ki organ is like the heart.. getting it damaged can kill the person and there is no way to repair it(outside of regular healing) or create an artificial version of it)

2)Layfon followed the straight path chosen for him. Then Layfon made a mistake and got exiled for it.(Must have been a heck of a mistake to do that!)
3)For the first time in his life Layfon had a choice in what he wanted to do and could do. Also for the first time Layfon had actually doubts himself and what he was doing for all those years.
4)Just when he was getting comfortable in having choices in his life he ends up getting dragged back into Military path.

Poor Layfon.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:25   Link #195
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
I feel so sad for Layfon.

1)His path was chosen the moment he was born with such a powerful Ki organ.(For those that don't know all those in the Military Arts have that extra Ki organ that gives them there special abilities.. like Restoration for weapons. General Arts students usually don't have that organ and thus are mere humans. BTW the Ki organ is like the heart.. getting it damaged can kill the person and there is no way to repair it(outside of regular healing) or create an artificial version of it)

2)Layfon followed the straight path chosen for him. Then Layfon made a mistake and got exiled for it.(Must have been a heck of a mistake to do that!)
3)For the first time in his life Layfon had a choice in what he wanted to do and could do. Also for the first time Layfon had actually doubts himself and what he was doing for all those years.
4)Just when he was getting comfortable in having choices in his life he ends up getting dragged back into Military path.

Poor Layfon.
Not much sympathy here. Sure, he had the "misfortune" of being born with a certain power and therefore his life was plotted out by others...but how many people actually fully have a choice in what they were born with, or how they'll proceed?

And when he finally could choose, he chooses to turn a blind eye to the actual choices he could have made--he's not choosing to run away from combat, he's choosing to close his eyes and pretend it doesn't exist so he doesn't have to make that choice at all!

I can sympathize with Nina, who has the will but not the ability to do what needs to be done. I can understand the President, who in his role has, and *should* use any and all means to ensure the survival of the city (for the moment assuming that is one of his goals).

But for people like Reifon and Felli - I have no sympathy at all. They need to get over themselves, grow up, and realize that their desire to lead a "normal" life simply won't happen if they don't use what strengths they have to create it.

This story started off deceptively strong, where I almost had the impression that we were dealing with a non-typical rather praiseworthy main character. Instead, it turns out that it's just the stereotypical weak shounen character after all. A bit disappointing, but ah well, still the storyline may be redeeming.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:35   Link #196
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

actually the fight scene in this ep was no where near as good as the flashback fight in episode one. this one was short and dull, especially the part where he pulled out his techniques.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:39   Link #197
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak
But for people like Reifon and Felli - I have no sympathy at all. They need to get over themselves, grow up, and realize that their desire to lead a "normal" life simply won't happen if they don't use what strengths they have to create it.

This story started off deceptively strong, where I almost had the impression that we were dealing with a non-typical rather praiseworthy main character. Instead, it turns out that it's just the stereotypical weak shounen character after all. A bit disappointing, but ah well, still the storyline may be redeeming.
Well, if Zenri City was somehow a militaristic nation that imposed martial law and military draft is an obligatory for each of its citizens/students then yeah this whole patriotism "for the sake of Zenri City" is visible. Thing is seems like Zenri city is like supposed to be a democratic type where its 'freedom of choice' is the norm?

I mean Grendan (the city where Layfon supposed coming from in EP 01) seems like a militaristic city filled with hardcore warriors, whereas Zenri is filled with weaklings and useless leftovers lol.

Layfon's like Superman who accidentally hits Earth where there he's unbeliavably powerful haha.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:45   Link #198
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I'm guessing their was something tragic in Leyfon's past. Otherwise I'd agree with you.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:47   Link #199
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I'm guessing their was something tragic in Leyfon's past. Otherwise I'd agree with you.
I'd be more sympathetic if Felli was taller though. i don't like lolis
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:26   Link #200
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Not much sympathy here. Sure, he had the "misfortune" of being born with a certain power and therefore his life was plotted out by others...but how many people actually fully have a choice in what they were born with, or how they'll proceed?

And when he finally could choose, he chooses to turn a blind eye to the actual choices he could have made--he's not choosing to run away from combat, he's choosing to close his eyes and pretend it doesn't exist so he doesn't have to make that choice at all!

I can sympathize with Nina, who has the will but not the ability to do what needs to be done. I can understand the President, who in his role has, and *should* use any and all means to ensure the survival of the city (for the moment assuming that is one of his goals).

I don't think I explained it very well.. he is a person who followed a path and excelled at it due to his talent. His was a road with no bumps and then he falls off a cliff.

That is when this anime starts.. he is trying to find a path for himself for the first time in his life. Because he made a big mistake he lost confidence in himself.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen