AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 22:30   Link #81
BanishingBook

Yey for the crisis story!

Anti-monitor or superboy prime. Either way it's awesome.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:08   Link #82
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Neither, the villians are going to be the Crime Syndicate of America from Earth-3.

-Ultraman
-Owlman
-Superwoman
-Johnny Quick
-Power Ring
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:28   Link #83
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Next Marvel animation project will have to be WW Hulk and Dark Reign. Featuring Dark Xmen/Avengers, seeing everything flows similar to the comics run.

What I expect from DC animation today is a "DARK KNIGHT" OVA.
Old 2009-09-22, 02:10   Link #84
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Ah cool, I really want to see Superman/Batman Public ennemies, it looks cool!
Just watch the trailer, and it was very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_OvtI_qMig

It sounds like The Dark Knight movie no?

About Justice League crisis, there are no images of Stewart and Batman! Where are they .

Marvel movies animation are a bit "boring"... They should focus on one hero like Wolverine, Spider-man,Captain America, Blade ... A Hulk' movie again! Oh no .

I see a review of Ironman movie animation and they say that if you are not a fan of Ironman, don't watch it because it's a bit boring... I don't know if I will watch it .

I watch an Avengers movie2 trailer, it doesn't look very interesting...Black Panther... what I care about him .
Old 2009-09-22, 03:01   Link #85
BanishingBook

Too bad the original cast from JLU couldn't reprise their roles.
Old 2009-09-22, 03:06   Link #86
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

^Yeah, they got some TV primetime crime-drama talent for this movie. Solid actors from the ones I know. In fact, when I first saw the cast, I was like 'Wow, they're really pulling out the star power, huh?'

Albafica, Batman is going to be in the movie. About Green Latern, 99% of the time Hal Jordan is going to be over Stewart or any other Green Latern for that matter. John Stewart was only used for the Justice League series and this doesn't take place in that timeline.
Old 2009-09-22, 03:52   Link #87
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Anyone up for something less mainstream ? How about the Sandman series ?

Last I heard, they were up for doing a live action of DC 's (Gothic Chick Goddess) Death but seem to have been stuck in development hell for quite a while now.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 04:13   Link #88
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well our french voices in Justice League were so bad... I watched WonderWoman, Superman Doomsday and Green lantern first flight in english and it's far better!

Oh so Justice League crisis doesn't take place in that timeline... Too bad for John . Well Hal Jordan is cool too, I watched the movie about him so now I know more about him.

Sandman? The sandman from Spider-man movie?
Old 2009-09-22, 04:21   Link #89
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Sandman? The sandman from Spider-man movie?
Sandman as in the old meaning. Him who guide you to sleep and dream AKA Morpheus of The Endless and his siblings under DC's Vertigo label.

Technically they are the Gods and Goddesses of DC-verse being in charge of aspect like Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, etc.

In their story they interact with other deities like Lucifer, Odin and Susanowoo.
Old 2009-09-22, 04:29   Link #90
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Ok... lol I don't understand anything . I don't know DC universe a lot...
Well it can be interesting, I would discover some news heros .
Old 2009-09-22, 05:40   Link #91
BanishingBook

@Makubex: you sir, a looking at a man who loves Neil Gaiman's work.

I thought Death's movie was coming summer of next year? Sigh, here we go again. I just hope we won't be seeing a "Morpheus" film. I've sided with a majority who does not want to see Dream become associated with emos or what the Endless stand/stood for be mistaken for angst etcetera. People are likely to misinterpret the Sandman series, especially the younger generation.

Food for thought... *mutters gibberish.*

Last edited by BanishingBook; 2009-09-22 at 07:28.
Old 2009-09-22, 07:25   Link #92
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I thought Death's movie was coming summer of next year? Sigh, here we go again. I just hope we won't be seeing a "Morpheus" film. I've sided with a majority who does not want to see Dream become associated with emos or what the Endless stand/stood for. People are likely to misinterpret the Sandman series, especially the younger generation.
As far as I can see Season Of Mists will be fun ride to those who have at least some basic knowledge of mythologies. They can even approach it with a similar touch to At Death's Door to make it more acessible.

PS :- I don't mind an anime of At Death's Door. DC's Death is one of those western made character that's really fit the defination of Moe at the core. And she's been around of over 2 decade before Moe-ism takes root.
Old 2009-09-22, 07:29   Link #93
BanishingBook

^ - I'll be wearing my purist hat if that happens. I'd still watch it anyway.
Old 2009-09-22, 10:30   Link #94
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'd love to see this animated! Killing off Robin(Jason Todd) would be epic when animated, which the D.C. producers are avoiding. Wonder WHY?

Spoiler for Robin Dead:
Old 2009-09-22, 15:16   Link #95
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I watch some DC and Marvel movies:

-Superman Doomsday => Not bad! I don't like Doomsday but the story is not focused on him (only the first part). The Death of Superman was sad .

-Green Lantern: first flight => A very good movie, good animation. Hal Jordan is a cool character but I don't understand why he became all green at the end . There are some epic moments and the soundtrack is great.

Well my best DC movie remains WonderWoman which is incredible in every aspects.

In Marvel movie, i watch Ultimate Avengers and it's not really good. DC movie are far better than this one. We can see Ironman, Hulk (I don't like him ), Captain America, Thor but... the story isn't so interesting, and characters are a bit boring in my opinion.

I took Dr Strange movie too, I will watch it later, I don't know nothing about this character.
It is interesting, that no matter how hard they try, Marvel animation special are never better than DC's.

For instance the Ultimates was boring for me, and dont get me wrong, as The comic book Series run, Volume one and Volume two of the Ultimates has been one of the best read I had in sometime, if you have a chance to get your hands on Ultimates comic books, do it. as These Ultimate avenger movie was based on the story found in Volume one.

BTW, did You saw BATMAN: Mask of the Phantasm?

I saw Dr. Strange also, and I didn’t like it either.
Old 2009-09-23, 03:28   Link #96
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah it would be interesting if DC make a movie animation about Robin's dead! A dark movie animation about Batman can be cool!

I already watched Mask of the Phantasm, I have the tape , a very good movie.
I love Andrea

About Ultimate Avengers, well perhaps I will try comics if I have the time..., but I don't really like heros of Avengers.

So you didn't like Dr Strange... I don't watch it yet... I don't know if I will watch it lol.

About Superman Batman Public Ennemies, some people watched it and they say it's bad : no suspense, too much action, boring story...
Old 2009-09-23, 03:41   Link #97
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Here's a solid spoilerless review of Public Enemies.

I'm going to wait till I see it for myself till I get disappointed.
Old 2009-09-23, 03:50   Link #98
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Thanks to give me a review in english...

The story seems interesting but it must be the script which is boring with too much action. Well this DC movie animation seems very disappointing.
I expect too much about this movie too...

Well I will watch this movie anyway, but I hate when there is too much action.
3/5 ....

I hope the Justice League movie animation will be better...
Old 2009-09-23, 07:31   Link #99
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hmm...I'll better wait till it comes out. I don't wanna base it on reviews since people have different POV's.

as for Sandman...

Old 2009-09-23, 16:39   Link #100
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Thanks to give me a review in english...

The story seems interesting but it must be the script which is boring with too much action. Well this DC movie animation seems very disappointing.
I expect too much about this movie too...

Well I will watch this movie anyway, but I hate when there is too much action.
3/5 ....

I hope the Justice League movie animation will be better...
Look at it this way, you said you liked Superman Doomsday, right? Well, a lot of people didn't really like Doomsday at all. The fan reviews were mixed, more on the low side.

The movie with the highest reviews recently has been Justice League: The New Frontier due to the faithfulness to the story of the comic, the voice-acting, and the quality of the animation.