AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 05:26   Link #181
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Aw nuts! First time to see a very dark Magical girl series.

Well anyways didn't watched the TV version for one reason, censors.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:33   Link #182
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Except that Madoka didn't make to TV. Or people will just say: "Sailor Moon."
Old 2013-02-04, 19:04   Link #183
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Speaking of OP I saw the movie opening on youtube people where cheering when Madoka and Homura rubbed cheeks. @_@
Old 2013-02-05, 09:48   Link #184
maximilianjenus
[E]

they were not rubbing checks, they were violently headbuttin each other.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:47   Link #185
incubator654

Why is there a lot of yuri fans in Madoka magica? In an interview Gen said that the relationship of the characters was in the friendzone. Also would any of you be interested in a madoka magica fanfic with a few male OC?
incubator654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:09   Link #186
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator654 View Post
Why is there a lot of yuri fans in Madoka magica?
There will always be shippers for whatever and whatever in decently sized fandoms. It's a way of fandom life.

Why Madoka in particular has a lot of yuri fans? Because there are no boys in the series worth pairing off to most fans. Kyousuke sucks, Kyubey isn't human, Madoka's brother is like 1 year old, and Madoka's dad is married. All that's left are girls.

The few OC free Madoka fics I've read with heterosexuality had Kyousuke as the male. But in the series, he's more of a plot device than a character in his own right; add that to how many fans don't like him because of how unresponsive he was to the whole ordeal, and you get very few het non-OC fics.
Quote:
In an interview Gen said that the relationship of the characters was in the friendzone.
Hm, that's how I felt all along. Nice to hear it from the horse's mouth. Girls are way emotional, they don't need to be in romantic relationships to act all emo and Homuhomu and crap like guys do.

And source if you don't mind? :3

Quote:
Also would any of you be interested in a madoka magica fanfic with a few male OC?
One of my ultimate fandom pet peeves is OCs in any fanfiction, really... but if you feel you must introduce someone new, then go ahead. It's your fic. Just know that some readers will auto turn the other way because they come to fanfiction to read about characters they already know and love, not new ones.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 00:34   Link #187
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
There will always be shippers for whatever and whatever in decently sized fandoms. It's a way of fandom life.

Why Madoka in particular has a lot of yuri fans? Because there are no boys in the series worth pairing off to most fans. Kyousuke sucks, Kyubey isn't human, Madoka's brother is like 1 year old, and Madoka's dad is married. All that's left are girls.

The few OC free Madoka fics I've read with heterosexuality had Kyousuke as the male. But in the series, he's more of a plot device than a character in his own right; add that to how many fans don't like him because of how unresponsive he was to the whole ordeal, and you get very few het non-OC fics.

Hm, that's how I felt all along. Nice to hear it from the horse's mouth. Girls are way emotional, they don't need to be in romantic relationships to act all emo and Homuhomu and crap like guys do.

And source if you don't mind? :3

One of my ultimate fandom pet peeves is OCs in any fanfiction, really... but if you feel you must introduce someone new, then go ahead. It's your fic. Just know that some readers will auto turn the other way because they come to fanfiction to read about characters they already know and love, not new ones.
If Kyousuke would be viable, it's because Kyoko defeated Sayaka and obtained the "spoils of the war" and took care of him. Or in a slightly better scenario: "Ask Kyousuke for advice in how to date Sayaka"

Well those fics are probably buried in a corner of the internet, and most of the pairings are yuri -_-
Old 2013-02-12, 01:17   Link #188
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

@incubator654

It depends on the secondary part of your question. Kudryavka has answered you if your full question was "Why are there a lot of yuri fans in Madoka magica? Why don't people think of new male characters for them to fall in love with?"

If you meant "Why are there a lot of yuri fans in Madoka Magica? All pairings should be heterosexual.", then you should ignore the rest of the paragraphs of this post and just accept that other people have personal likings like you do. People do like to read and write alternate universe fics although it defies canon (Gen's word of god) so even if he has openly confirmed it people will continue to ship them.

TL;DR…
If you can accept yuri...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).

Last edited by Auxilism; 2013-02-12 at 06:23.
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 02:32   Link #189
Sakuya
*Artist

I'm new to the series and heard about the movies. Would you recommend me watching the series first and then the movies or the first 2 movies first? If I watch the series, would I even need to watch the first 2 movies since I read they're just recaps with little new footage?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 04:33   Link #190
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I'm new to the series and heard about the movies. Would you recommend me watching the series first and then the movies or the first 2 movies first? If I watch the series, would I even need to watch the first 2 movies since I read they're just recaps with little new footage?
I think either way is fine. From what I read, the movies are merely a condensed version of the show anyway, with only minor new footage and just a lot of retouched scenes. Watching the movies is still a good idea if you really liked the show (especially if you're going to watch the third movie eventually), but it's not like you have to.
Old 2013-03-01, 10:13   Link #191
maximilianjenus
[E]

I think it is better to watch the series in 2 episodes batches, that way you get to experiment something similar to the people who watched it live did. If you want to make the experience closer you can go to the madoka crate in the puella wiki so you watch one chapter then read it's respective thread.
Old 2013-04-23, 23:54   Link #192
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

What are the exclusives for each retailer?
Old 2013-06-21, 20:24   Link #193
DKN117

Is there any canon information and/or appearances of either of Sayaka's parents? I'm writing a fic and want to know if I need to come up with OCs or not.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:52   Link #194
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Is there any canon information and/or appearances of either of Sayaka's parents? I'm writing a fic and want to know if I need to come up with OCs or not.
Probably not.

There is one brief flashback where we see Sayaka at a very young age watching Kamijo play the violin. On either side of Sayaka there is sitting an adult - one male, one female (I'll see if I can find it - if so, I'll edit this post). It's quite conceivable that those adults are her parents, but it's not confirmed. Even if they are her parents, that only tells us their physical appearance, of course. The personalities and backgrounds of Sayaka's parents are completely unknown, aside from how one would logically expect them to at least somewhat reflect Sayaka herself.

And Sayaka's biggest fans on this site are likely Coldlight and myself. So I'd honestly recommend you PM Coldlight if you want more info on this question.

Edit: And thankfully darkhalo191 and Coldlight both found this for me. Here it is!

Spoiler for Sayaka and her parents?:

So if you want to make things a bit simpler in the physical description department, you could assume these two people are Sayaka's parents. But if you'd rather have full reign to create OPs for Sayaka's parents, you could just say that these two adults are her Aunt and Uncle, or something like that.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-06-22 at 08:59.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 11:30   Link #195
maximilianjenus
[E]

not sure if this counts as a question or just confirmation of facts but in this interview http://pastebin.com/BHgRHdZu gen says that the loops are close to 100, then in the puella wiki it states homura's age being around 14 years old and the loops lasting one month, so if everything is correct homura's age is a bit over 22.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2013-07-29 at 18:00.
Old 2013-07-30, 02:17   Link #196
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
not sure if this counts as a question or just confirmation of facts but in this interview http://pastebin.com/BHgRHdZu gen says that the loops are close to 100, then in the puella wiki it states homura's age being around 14 years old and the loops lasting one month, so if everything is correct homura's age is a bit over 22.
Yes, the loops last one month, but Homura repeats that one month countless times, so if Gen says she does it close to 100 times, you may as well count that as canon.

About Homura's age, she's probably 22 years old mentally by now. She still looks like a 14-year-old girl, but her mind has definitely aged with those many timejumps.
Old 2013-07-30, 09:10   Link #197
maximilianjenus
[E]

thanks, I am glad, 22 years odl homura sounds nice, especially in a media where looping lolisarelike 100 or 1000 years old.
Old 2013-10-10, 14:39   Link #198
bigbossbalrog

Quote:
Why is there a lot of yuri fans in Madoka magica? In an interview Gen said that the relationship of the characters was in the friendzone.
I dont know were you got that from, since in an interview he said the exact opposite about Homura and Madoka,
Q: Is Homura in love with Madoka?
A(Gen Urobuchi): Probably.
bigbossbalrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 10:15   Link #199
maximilianjenus
[E]

in another interview (or it might be a later paragrapch of the last one , sorry, I don't have to search for it) he said that they are in romantic love, they just have not noticed it in a way that makes them move to a physical relationship.
Old 2013-10-11, 11:55   Link #200
bigbossbalrog

Yeah, I think it was the same one. He was also asked directly, why did he portray homosexual love (http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Nitro%2B..._Animagic_2013), and said in another interview (http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Shinjida...ine_BLACK_PAST) that he didn't think homosexual love was any different than heterosexual love, so I think it's fair to say the magical girls, are in an early stage of homosexuality (To young to be in a physical relationship, but in-love with each other romantically. Pure romantic love)
bigbossbalrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a