AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-16, 04:14   Link #32381
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They disbanded the IS as a space project because they assumed it was useless.

That's why White Knight incident happened.

After that, the sequence of history is self-explanatory. Unless you don't believe something that stopped over 1500 nukes and probably half the world's military on its own as well as an orbital weapon is not worth investing in. Even if it is restricted to official use as sports wear.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 04:19   Link #32382
Eratas123

Then why not continue the space project? They got nothing to lose and it's more profitable in the long run:/
Old 2012-06-16, 04:22   Link #32383
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
They disbanded the IS as a space project because they assumed it was useless.

That's why White Knight incident happened.

After that, the sequence of history is self-explanatory. Unless you don't believe something that stopped over 1500 nukes and probably half the world's military on its own as well as an orbital weapon is not worth investing in. Even if it is restricted to official use as sports wear.
*cough*"Official used" *cough* as Sport wear.

On the surface, they are developing sport equipment but....

To be honest, many countries are probably secretly working on military grade IS..(Sliver Gospel is a good example of "under table" research).

All is fair in love and war after all.... who want to play fair when you know others are not going to play fair?

Edit
Quote:
Then why not continue the space project? They got nothing to lose and it's more profitable in the long run:/
Space Project is a waste of money as far as most pragmatic people are concerned.... It is the visionary who see things differently...

(YES!! MORE! I COULD FEEL SOMETHING TRYING TO COME OUT!)
Old 2012-06-16, 04:22   Link #32384
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Because Yoshi is an OC duh, whereas people like Rito or Len is a character in a series, who is then made a crossover with this one. So Rito can get away with more spotlight than Yoshi is.

Besides, there's always Prequel Movie, where HE is the main character along with Chifuyu, Tabane, and Iori (another male OC), that makes two male OC in a row hogging the spotlight. Ichika and Madoka still random 5 year old kids in a tube but still

If you notice, in Sacred Twins Chapter 12 there's a conversation about construction of a space station being resumed after being abandoned for years. This will serve as first stone to moon mining, as in Iori's words: Helium isotopes = fusion energy = lotsa money for further expansion.

When you talking about space, you also talk about Moon, Mars, Jupiter, and asteroid belt. They're relative close than say, Alpha Centauri, and theoretically has enough resources to supply dozen of Earth-scale planet. Interstellar exploration might not be feasible without FTL travel, but abandoning intra-system expansion is utterly stupid. I agree with you in this notion.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:24   Link #32385
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Who knows? Fear of conspiracy? They already built an orbital weapon, which I doubt anyone would approve of. Prolly sneaked it in as a mere weather satellite. They might be afraid of the same implications for IS. Since IS in this case are used as sport, the major form of this is used for commercialization, so even if weaponization occurs, there is already an inkling of the design and a counter-measure or at least combat data can be obtained.

That or the author really had no idea what he was doing or the number of plot holes he was digging.

Or maybe they are continuing the research but not quite as well known as the IS current use.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:27   Link #32386
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Do you think it's possible to fix the gender indescrepancy in the IS world?

To anyone - Really funny review that points out the flaws in logic:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...finite-stratos
Old 2012-06-16, 04:28   Link #32387
agetreme
Just another Idiot

May be IS is flawed as a space exploration suit from the very beginning?

It can't actually travel in outer-space...and only limited up to Stratosphere.....

Tabane noticed the flaw and deliberately divert the world's attention to "IS is a good weapon"?
Old 2012-06-16, 04:30   Link #32388
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Face it, TvTropes as a whole agree that "I.S. power hax" is utterly shallow justification for Misandry jokes and harem antic.

Fix the condition? the author won't allow it. If anything, either I.S. disappear or the female get into internal social war, both are less than peaceful solution.

Note - I'm so watching that if I EVER went to Internet cafe >: D

@ Age
You know, I just want to post that to troll the fanatics I debated with few days ago. (long story)
Old 2012-06-16, 04:33   Link #32389
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it have been interesting if Ichika did INDEED come in contact with anti-IS sentiment?
Old 2012-06-16, 04:35   Link #32390
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Why not? I already have dozens of scheme in my pocket, not for Ichika however may still apply.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:36   Link #32391
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Would it have been interesting if Ichika did INDEED come in contact with anti-IS sentiment?
^Isn't that what lots of people doing?

===

Edit: I like to mention it again:

I blame Ichika for being really bland as a male lead..... In fact, he is technically a cupboard cut-out.

He really need some spices into him.... but it is really hard because he really that bland.

The IS concept is interesting but some how the plot advanced too fast.... Jumping from one girl to another without giving time to developing some of them.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:37   Link #32392
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking more in-canon than just fanon. Would it have been a good move by the writers to write it and the executives to let it pass.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:37   Link #32393
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Cause if not, then any story I do might end up going to downer ending due to fridge logic/fridge horror.

@ Demi - Does it somehow constitute him going to an event and getting interrupted? If not, then no chance.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:43   Link #32394
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it's ALREADY fridge horror if this kind of situation happened IRL, notably, mass suicide, crime & divorce and overall chaos following, not to mention the new cold war, with exoskeleton replaced nukes. 10 years simply not enough to make it peaceful as portrayed by canon.

As I said, Izuru do his research, just not accurate and serious enough to break entire comedic mood, wasting the plot potential altogether in favor of harem. (hell probably that's as result of Executive Meddling not himself)
Old 2012-06-16, 04:46   Link #32395
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Well if I can't find a fix, then Shadow's ending is going to be a complete downer since there's no point for the characters to fight for a ridiculously effed up soceity.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:52   Link #32396
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

How about neo-emancipation mirroring what happened IRl? Maybe Mass produced I.S. copy or whatever, a small war, a revolution, international conference etc.

Taking 10-20 years timeframe, but after that, the male and female almost equal again. Besides, Canon notes that Japan got it worse, maybe other country don't have it so bad.
Old 2012-06-16, 04:59   Link #32397
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so basically in eras' future... there are nothing but jerks and nags? sounds tough...
Old 2012-06-16, 05:04   Link #32398
Eratas123

@ Demi - Nope, but that doesn't make it a happy ending either. Think of it this way: The IS are still relatively early tech, and some of the population's already power leveled in asshole levels. What happens when they keep imporving?

Once again, I'm taking Ichika's word here, and he says males are second class citizens while seeing them get smacked around doesn't even get a second glance. Don't care if canon doesn't show this, Ichika still says it.
Old 2012-06-16, 05:04   Link #32399
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Crap..... I just realized something....

The reason why I find Ichika bland is because he lack goal/motivation....

The Harem lead whom I find interesting actually have goal/motivation....(albeit perverted one)

Even Rito has certain goal in mind (a happy normal/non-life threating) life

But for people (whose wish here is a normal uneventful life), the way to make them interesting is to have Fate Conspire against them. It is their struggle to reach their (boring) goal, make them more human and interesting...

For Ichika.... things just "that".... No struggle at all.

He is a non person. Everything just went as he wished..... no inner conflict (to be a pervert to peek at girls or be a gentleman) or anything.

With this in mind..... the opening statement in Dream Catcher actually applied to Ichika well enough....

"Humans without dream are dead inside...."

and Ichika really feels kind of dead inside.....

==

Yay that I got a clue what to write about?
Old 2012-06-16, 05:08   Link #32400
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Well that must suck... I can relate to the people on the bottom pile. Ugh...

Do all the units participating in canonball fast reach hypersonic? Or just supersonic?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest