AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-12, 21:24   Link #261
oOgA
sHagA

Send a message via MSN to oOgA
may i know what is the size limit for signature ? i know diff forum have diff policies for sig sizes...?
oOgA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 21:28   Link #262
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If you takes the time to read the forum rules.. you'll find it out explicitly written.. I hate spoon feeding .. So go read the forum rules.. its right on top next to your CP..

Your signature is breaking the width limit ... and pic+text combo limit
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 21:41   Link #263
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Use of a proxy server with high-level encryption. Note that the proxy server would need to be something that the government isn't already blocking/monitoring. Anonymous proxy networks such as Tor have been put forth as a solution to getting around censorship.

A proxy basically means that you're connecting to a server, and it handles all of your exchanges with the rest of the internet for you. If you wanted to go to AnimeSuki, your proxy would go to AnimeSuki and then relay the information back to you: your computer itself would never actually touch the site.

Tor works by making that entire process distributed. Instead of connecting to a single proxy server, you connect to a group of people also on the Tor network. Information is routed through many peers, meaning that it may be slower (don't use it for heavy downloads) but it's much, much more difficult to trace back and block.

I have heard that the firewall does not extend to high-level hotels that experience a high volume of foreign guests, but I don't know that for certain.
Tried Tor and it works. Only problem is my connection became so slow that it was virtually useless. Thanks for the advice anyway.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 02:01   Link #264
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i was wondering if you can see the stars at night in New York, it doesnt have any reason for asking i was brushing my teeth ad gazing up to the sky as i wondered if people in New York can see the stars as well.. since all the gasses from exhastion pipes etc
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 02:08   Link #265
Lost

I doubt so, just as we in Singapore can't see all the stars in the night sky. And no, it's not because of air pollution that we can't see them, it's because of Light pollution.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 04:11   Link #266
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Stars are not visible exept in low light, just street lights are enough to block the view. It's not exactly light polutuion but mearly the consequence of your eyes adapting. Perhaps if you found a dark little corner where street lights etc. aren't visible, you might be able to see them.
Old 2007-05-14, 08:14   Link #267
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Win for a totally random post
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:57   Link #268
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(S)He gave the answer to the OP's question.
------------------------------------------------------------
Which had already been confirmed in the 2nd post..
Old 2007-05-14, 10:50   Link #269
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I doubt so, just as we in Singapore can't see all the stars in the night sky. And no, it's not because of air pollution that we can't see them, it's because of Light pollution.
aha so that is what light pollution does then.. i didnt know that
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 15:50   Link #270
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quick question:

I know they've been popular methods for computer art nowadays (as little as I know about art, period), but what are vectors? I'm still oblivious as to what that actually is.
Old 2007-05-14, 16:18   Link #271
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Quick question:

I know they've been popular methods for computer art nowadays (as little as I know about art, period), but what are vectors? I'm still oblivious as to what that actually is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics
Old 2007-05-14, 16:29   Link #272
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Pictures on your computer things that have extensions like .jpg .png .bmp etc. these are raster graphics.. basically this means the picture is divided into a matrix of squares.. each cell of the matrix contains a color.. these colors eventually make up a picture.. If you zoom in on a raster picture you will see squares.. eventually~

Vectors on the other hand adopt the mathematical approach.. in other words instead of a matrix there are mathematical calculations involved.. that eventually produce the pic. This means that when you zoom in on a vector graphic, for example lets say you zoom in on the edge of a circle, in a raster graphic you'll eventually see the star like blocks that make it look round.. but in a vector graphic when you zoom everything is just recalculated.. so you'll always see it round.. that's the butty of vector graphics.. you can technically scale up or down a a pic without loosing detail. (I say technically because eventually, when you scale it up, it will look simple-shaped as it were)

There are two systems for interpreting vectors.. the result is the same it's just a difference in the way you would draw the vector.
The most common is the Bezier curve system

-----------------------------
You've probably heard of vector from discussion referring to wallpapers. Anime walls sometimes have only a small pic to work with.. because its raster when it's scaled up the quality is horrible.. so they scale it to something like double the size they intend to use.. Vector it.. (basically they use the scaled up version as template.. and draw above it.. quite simple process).. then scale it down and voila.. a high quality version of the original that they now can use to make their wall. =)
Old 2007-05-15, 03:16   Link #273
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i was wondering if you can see the stars at night in New York, it doesnt have any reason for asking i was brushing my teeth ad gazing up to the sky as i wondered if people in New York can see the stars as well.. since all the gasses from exhastion pipes etc
I presume you mean New York City. Yes, the stars are visible, but they're much more visible in the countryside. As Lost pointed out, the cause is light pollution. If you're in total darkness, your eyes will adjust to be more sensitive to light, and you'll see many stars. If there are other lights around you, your eyes will not adjust to take in quite as much light, and you'll only see the brighter stars. If the environment is extremely bright, your eyes will not pick up on the dim light of the stars at all.

The idea about pollution is a good one, but it doesn't seem to do much. I'm currently in Los Angeles, which I think was graced with being called America's #1 smoggiest city once again, and I can see stars. Not as many as when I'm in a country region, but they're there.
Old 2007-05-15, 04:18   Link #274
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well even in the a big city, with lights around, I find it hard to believe you don't see some of the few very bright ones.. since even on a cloudy day with the sun up in the sky I can see some of them. (but I guess it's also a question of weather you know where to look)

Also, to spot stars, it doesn't take just proper conditions.. the moon is also bright enough to block them from you. Stairing straight at the sky for a minute or two is needed. If you make one those photo-finger-rectangle with your hands you should be seing in it about 1000+ stars, on any given portion of the sky.
Old 2007-05-16, 02:47   Link #275
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
If you make one those photo-finger-rectangle with your hands you should be seing in it about 1000+ stars, on any given portion of the sky.
Not quite, total number of stars visible to naked eye is about 7000 and half of those are under horizon, so in ideal conditions one can see about 3000 stars in the sky.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 10:51   Link #276
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Well it is Cats, and we know cats have very light sensitive eyes, so...
Old 2007-05-16, 11:39   Link #277
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
Well it is Cats, and we know cats have very light sensitive eyes, so...
Hehehe, i suppose. I have rather sensitive eyes myself. I practically have to wear sunglass when i'm driving.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 14:19   Link #278
SolarAdept

where is the section where I ask where I can find a certain anime

topic says all.
SolarAdept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 16:37   Link #279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Have you looked at the main webpage for animesuki.com??? If what you're looking for is being torrented (and unlicensed) - its there.

If you're looking for something not being fansubbed but is licensed .... check the "Where to find..." thread in the Licensed section.

If you're looking for something really odd/offsquare, you might ask in the "General Anime" section.

Just browse the forums and find a place that fits... there's a search function as well.... and especially read the forum rules before you ask for something that'll get you banned.
Old 2007-05-16, 17:38   Link #280
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAdept View Post
where is the section where I ask where I can find a certain anime
If you mean where do you find something that isn't listed on AnimeSuki then I would point you to the forum rules.

Quote:
AnimeSuki is a BitTorrent site. We do not make or host the fansubs and we cannot help you find them via direct download or other p2p networks.
In other words, if it's not listed then you are on your own trying to find them
xris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious