AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 22:13   Link #21
Tran225

omg omg theres actaully a tennis thread xD im in the tennis team for my high school but im still a beginner but i really enjoy playing tennis
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:19   Link #22
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Blake beaten by Federer in straight sets, he's just too good.

Djokovich takes out Ferrer in straight sets, but if Ferrer won the 3rd I think he would've won the match due to how tired Djokovich was getting.

Ana Ivonovich takes out Venus Williams, yay!

This tournament is getting interesting. I hope Nadal beats Tsonga.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 21:25   Link #23
Iron Fist
Ninja Warrior

I think Nadal will beat Tsonga. As for Federer and Djokovich again, it should be interesting.
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 08:16   Link #24
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
I think Nadal will beat Tsonga. As for Federer and Djokovich again, it should be interesting.
Tsonga has defied the odds and dumped Nadal out in straight sets. Pity that Nadal still can't get used to winning in the hard-court Grand Slams, where the ball tends to bounce much faster than in clay, where he is king, and grass, where he's equally adapting fast.

Tomorrow will see that other semi-final between Federer and Djokovich, a re-match of last September's US Open final.

On the women's side, while Jankovic lost to Sharapova in straight sets, her Serb compatriot Ivanovic came from behind to beat Hantuchova 2 sets to 1.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:17   Link #25
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Wow, Tsonga was amazing in that match... Nadal didn't even play bad, his opponent was zoning!

Now I really hope Federer stops another zoner like Mr.Gonzales last year.
Old 2008-01-24, 14:50   Link #26
arcadeplayer987

I saw the match between Nadal and Tsonga and Nadal had no chance. If is playing like this, Tsonga will win the title, no doubt
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 16:26   Link #27
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
I saw the match between Nadal and Tsonga and Nadal had no chance. If is playing like this, Tsonga will win the title, no doubt
Well Gonzales was zoning like Tsonga last year and then Federer put the smack down on him.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:51   Link #28
BellaD

Even though Tsonga seems good I still believe Federer will win. But how about Sharapova and Ivanovich ? To me seems like it's going to be one of those boring matches for some strange reason.
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 10:00   Link #29
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

First Nadal is out, then Djokovic cements his place as the new challenger to Federer by doing the unthinkable and beating the Fed-Express in straight sets.

I've been very impressed with this young lad since I saw him play against Nadal in the Roland Garros semis last year, his strikes are just so full of power, and it requires a lot of effort from Nadal to actually match him. So my money's on Djokovic getting his first Grand Slam on Sunday. Come on Novak.
Old 2008-01-25, 15:37   Link #30
arcadeplayer987

Who would think will see a Tsonga - Djokovic final act??
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 16:21   Link #31
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'm actually going for the Frenchman on Sunday. Have you seen the guy play?? O_O The way he mixes up his hits around the court is just a pleasure to watch. It should be good regardless of who comes out on top in the final.

Oh and GO IVANOVIC!
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 16:42   Link #32
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm quite depressed about Federer's dismal performance against Djokovich. This match was a guy playing bad vs a guy giving 110%. I do personally think that this is going to relieve a lot of pressure off Federer, as he may not feel anymore like he "has" to win every gland slam and finally play unhindered.

I'm a little torn on this final though, I think I am going to root for Tsonga. Djokovich kind of pisses me off with his attitude at times which makes him less likable.

Ah, supporting Sharapova for women's finals.
Old 2008-01-26, 21:56   Link #33
Iron Fist
Ninja Warrior

It's really been a great Austrailian Open. I was surprised that Tsonga beat Nadal, I had no idea he'd come out the winner. I was rooting for him, but I thought Nadal would beat him. I'm really glad Tsonga won and in straight set even!

Federer losing wasa big surprise. Novak played great tennis, and I simply think Federer wasn't playing his best. The Grand Slam streak has ended and I look forward toa new champion. I hope Tsonga wins, he's just been great throughout this whole tournament.

I knew Maria was going to win in the finals. She's just been dominant this whole tournament. I personally think that if she continues to play the way she did, she could win the other three slams.
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 00:08   Link #34
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am really disappointed in the match between Federer and Djokovic. The level of the match between the 1st and the 3rd ranked players shouldn't be that bad. It was like watching players around rank 40-50 or even worse from the past. Maybe my luck, but maybe it was a good decision to give a break from watching tennis.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 00:19   Link #35
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Mr Tsonga is my red-hot favourite to win tonight! He has the skills, but has he got the patience and level-headedness to finish on top? I think he does.

GO TSONGA!
Old 2008-01-27, 01:58   Link #36
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I am really disappointed in the match between Federer and Djokovic. The level of the match between the 1st and the 3rd ranked players shouldn't be that bad. It was like watching players around rank 40-50 or even worse from the past. Maybe my luck, but maybe it was a good decision to give a break from watching tennis.
Federer was playing horrible, trust me. He is the most graceful player to ever pick up a racket, I think the stomach disease he got before the big tournament affected him a bit.
Old 2008-01-27, 05:56   Link #37
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

doesn't look to good for tsonga. won first set, lost second set to djokovic. And djokovic has taken over the match by the looks of it. Yes the match is still on going as i write this.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 06:11   Link #38
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

djokovic is leading 2 sets to 1.. If Tsonga does make a come back it's going to reach a 5 set match and it makes me think, damn tennis is a sport that requires alot of stamina...
Old 2008-01-27, 07:35   Link #39
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Whoa... what an awesome match! Congrats to Djokovic.

4-6 6-4 6-3 7-6 (7-2)
Old 2008-01-27, 13:01   Link #40
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

A great game, congratulations to Djokovic on winning his first Grand Slam, ending the duopoly of Grand Slam titles by Federer and Nadal since Roland Garros 2005 (mostly Federer, with Nadal dominating in clay). It's also the first Grand Slam final for a long time to not have either Federer and Nadal.

Tsonga must be given credit for this game, he had every chance of winning this, and he would have deserved it if he won. But let's not take anything away from "Nole".

I liked how he pushed the audiences' right buttons afterwards by saying he still loves them even though he knew they mostly wanted Tsonga the underdog to win, which definitely throws your concerns about his so-called attitude out of the window, Reckoner (which I hardly noticed).

Tags
tennis