AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 09:09   Link #661
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Chief is only 7'2 in his armor. So if they were both in their armor, Jorge would be more than 2 inches taller than him.

Also. This weeks Spartan Ops. One of the missions gives the entire coop party Mantis's.

It's amazing how puny that makes half a dozen hunters look.
"You call that a walking tank?Well,THIS IS OUR WALKING TANKS"

Cue aliens swearing in their languages and die pitifully.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:28   Link #662
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I remember reading something about the Hunters, that some can grow to the size of a Wraith or even bigger. I use they put those kind of Hunters in the game, it would be fun.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:44   Link #663
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I remember reading something about the Hunters, that some can grow to the size of a Wraith or even bigger. I use they put those kind of Hunters in the game, it would be fun.
A super sized hunter variant would be cool. You could say as its background its what happened when you merged 4 hunters together. Of course even that doesn't have anything on Scarabs, which canonically are ALLOT of hunters merged together.

Perhaps in Halo 5 (on the next xbox?) we'll get to see the Mantis's big brother go head to head against a cyclops.

Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:57   Link #664
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Killing so many hunters and elites with mantis with my friend. Was so much fun! I got a kick out of getting the "I am the 99 percent" and the "Hunter" challenges easily. Leveled from 11-21 in just a few hours from terminals/codes/dozens of challenges

Saw a level 64 earlier in a dominion match for the daily. Surprised me very much.
Old 2012-11-22, 13:04   Link #665
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

On episode 3 on Spartan Ops, I feel Halsey was being treated well.....disrespected. I mean sure her experiments can be seen unethical, but to label her a war criminal despite the fact the Spartan IIs she created were mostly responsible for the survival of the human race. All other Spartan programs afterwards were base off the Spartan II program, so why the harsh treatment?
Old 2012-11-22, 13:45   Link #666
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's one thing I'm not happy with. Yes, I understand Halsey was doing something horrid by kidnapping the children to turn them into soldiers, but unlike most instances of such incidents, Halsey was shown to care for the children, and the children grew to care for her, so it made her sympathetic to a lot of fans in the franchise.

And every book writer since has tried to make those same fans despise Halsey. Yes, she needed to be called out on it, but it coming from Paragonsky, who is even worse a person, just leaves a bad taste in the readers' mouths. I'm not exactly thrilled that the same feeling is trying to be put on the players of the game, however much logical it is that people like Palmer, and others, would dislike and mistrust her.

It'd come off much better if the story somehow acknowledges the more sympathetic traits of Halsey, because we know that they're there.
Old 2012-11-22, 14:39   Link #667
Helius

Halsey is definitely a tragic figure. She was made a political scapegoat by ONI for the shady nature of the Spartan II programme. Bear in mind she wouldn't have got the go-ahead if the higher-ups didn't turn a blind eye to the kidnappings and the high mortality rates of the augmentations. Everybody was desperate during the war and Halsey saw the need to be the necessary evil.

But as Rising Dragon has stated, she found solace in caring for the children and in turn she earned the respect and loyalty of the Spartans. The way Palmer and others reacted to her presence may be attributed to not having been made aware the full details of the Spartan II programme (the UNSC had been in full denial until about halfway through the war. Even then the precise nature of the programme was still top secret).

So it's unfair that she's being made out to be some sort of stereotypical Nazi doctor from the Holocaust, but she presented herself an easy target for the brass to justify their actions (or inaction) and to shift the blame on. It goes to show how nasty people can get when politics is involved.

Last edited by Helius; 2012-11-22 at 16:27. Reason: typo
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 16:24   Link #668
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That said, the scene where she puts the Spartan-IVs in their place was pure platinum

"First we taught them to be silent... Then we taught them to be Spartans."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 18:08   Link #669
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
All other Spartan programs afterwards were base off the Spartan II program, so why the harsh treatment?
Karen Traviss.

343 was obviously planning to explore the idea of Halsey being as kind of a renegade for her actions is probably 343 had already been planning, but it really was Traviss that approached and set the tone for this development with all the subtlety of a Rhino in Heat.

Fortunately, Halo 4 and Spartan Ops have turned Halsey from a straw-man to be attacked by Traviss's mouth pieces, to a complex and intelligent character who can talk back to people.
Old 2012-11-22, 19:29   Link #670
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

From my viewpoint. 343 Industries is really sparking my interest after not disappointing me with what's presented. I'll have to keep them in mind in the future if they continue on.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:09   Link #671
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

What is everyone's thoughts on the Spartan IV so far?

I like the idea of having multiple Spartans in the game, but it seems these Spartans IV are not as trained as the Spartan IIs and IIIs. The Spartan IVs also have armor not made or supervise by Halsey leaves me to doubt on the MJOLNIR GEN2 Powered Assault Armor effectiveness in battle as well it is mass produce by many manufacturers.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:15   Link #672
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, the MJOLNIR GEN2 is the Mark 7 concept that Halsey devised, more or less. At least from what I remember.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:19   Link #673
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

My personal opinion is simply putting Spartan suits on military veterans and calling them Spartans.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:22   Link #674
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, the MJOLNIR GEN2 is the Mark 7 concept that Halsey devised, more or less. At least from what I remember.
No MJOLNIR GEN2 Powered Assault Armor, despite it being more advance than the Mark VI of the First Generation. It has too many customization packages for the Spartan IVs to customize their effectiveness in combat. So I worry about its effectiveness. Its design was not monitor or supervise by Halsey so there may be technological disadvantages to the Mark VII.

The Mark VII is the last of the First Generation, and if I were to pick a armor to go to war with it would be the Mark VII. Unlike the GEN 2, the Mark VII doesn't need customize packages. It is self upgrading for Spartans during battle and even in Cryo sleep, it also (if Halsey is right) can allow Spartans to reentry atmosphere by itself. I really think this is the armor Chief will wear in Halo 5.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:37   Link #675
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is it bad that I would rather them restart the Spartan-II program ?

Gameplay-wise there isn't really much difference... Everybody still dies at Heroic.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 00:36   Link #676
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is it bad that I would rather them restart the Spartan-II program ?

Gameplay-wise there isn't really much difference... Everybody still dies at Heroic.
Well, that is your preference, I would take a liken to the idea of restarting the Spartan II program except there are a lot of complications.

One, is ONI would never support it and Halsey doesn't have many years left to train anymore Spartans.

What I really want is Halo 5 having Linda, Kelly, and Fred in the game. Also, let them be competent NPC please, if they do add Linda and if she misses even one sniper shot I will be really really piss.
Old 2012-11-23, 09:03   Link #677
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
My personal opinion is simply putting Spartan suits on military veterans and calling them Spartans.
Well they're not JUST doing that. They are augmenting them to be super soldiers. And the Spartan IV's are clearly superior to regular marines.

But SIV's have a less stringent genetic and psychological profile for being recruited than the Spartan II's. That, and even veteran Marines aren't likely to have as much combat experience as the old SII's. Nor the indoctrination and training from a young age.

Still. Quantity is a quality of its own. And having an entire Regiment of Spartans is useful.
Old 2012-11-23, 13:33   Link #678
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Palmer sure still doesnt like Halsey, of course what you guys said; its because they know the truth about the Spartan II program, but i also think Paragonsky somehow worsen Halsey reputation to black.

ep 4 preview is out, fans that still doesnt know the reason why the Covies return, Sp-ops tells it.
Covenant terrorist that Palmer said in ep 3 is already a clue.

Also its that Lasky said about the Librarian A.I., Chief might have told them (mission 6?). And that Professor that is imprisoned (forgot the name), Seems the artifact somehow teleported him. Perhaps same thing happend to Gagarin? alot of questions.

Sadly i need to wait till i get new gold. 2 week trail has been expired... T_T
Old 2012-11-23, 13:44   Link #679
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Well they're not JUST doing that. They are augmenting them to be super soldiers. And the Spartan IV's are clearly superior to regular marines.

But SIV's have a less stringent genetic and psychological profile for being recruited than the Spartan II's. That, and even veteran Marines aren't likely to have as much combat experience as the old SII's. Nor the indoctrination and training from a young age.

Still. Quantity is a quality of its own. And having an entire Regiment of Spartans is useful.
The Spartan III's were created under the same mandate as well i.e. quantity over quality. The Spartan IV's are the offshoot of that, with the main difference being most of the III's were originally war orphans whereas the IV's are comprised of veteran volunteers.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 13:55   Link #680
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And each time the safety and effectiveness of the augmentations were improved upon. Spartan-IIIs got the same kinds of augmentations as the Spartan-IIs, but with a much higher survival rate. Probably the same situation as the Spartan-IVs, though I imagine not by much since it's only been a few years between the Spartan-IIIs and the Spartan-IVs, unlike with the Spartan-IIs and Spartan-IIIs.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117