AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-04, 21:42   Link #961
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

What a weird episode, I'm kind of confused as to what this episode was about. Does his sister have a thing for him now? I don't mind that stuff as long as the main character doesn't return these feelings I guess, don't like that kind of anime where sister/brother get together, to me its creepy

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:56   Link #962
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
What a weird episode, I'm kind of confused as to what this episode was about. Does his sister have a thing for him now? I don't mind that stuff as long as the main character doesn't return these feelings I guess, don't like that kind of anime where sister/brother get together, to me its creepy
There's actually an explanation there. I'm pretty sure it was already explained in the novel version of the current events, but I don't believe it's been explained in the anime yet.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:01   Link #963
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Well Gintoki, looks like it's Yosuga no Sora time for you!!

That aside, there's a reason. And it's coming next week. Speaking of which, it's a reason that was explained in the Tohka Arc in the light novel. They've put it off for this long but they can't put it off anymore for next week, which is probably a good time for them to reveal it.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:30   Link #964
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
All of us would love to answer thus for you BUT we can't because it is a HUGE spoiler so you'll either have to read the LN or wait it out lol
Old 2013-05-04, 22:38   Link #965
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Somebody that hates wincest?! BURN HIM!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 00:02   Link #966
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Trash filler episode. Really have little expectations from the anime for Kurumi's arc at this point.
Old 2013-05-05, 01:00   Link #967
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Somebody that hates wincest?! BURN HIM!
Its evil to dislike the idea of brother/sister being a couple
Go join Shelbyville from The Simpsons, they have cousins marrying each other, I'm sure they'd be fine with brother/sisters relationship too

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 01:05   Link #968
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Spoiler for episode 6:
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 01:19   Link #969
Iggy_Pop

Moral of this episode: Never let anything stand between a woman and her onsen. Pure filler episode, but it was kinda fun seeing Ryoko's crazier side.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 07:44   Link #970
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I can't wait for ep 7.....!!

Spoiler for ep7:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 07:52   Link #971
Seiryuu

Concerning the sister, I'd be willing to bet it'll go down one of the most standard paths out there. The more ecchi and harem-esque a series is, the less likely any female relative is actually related by blood.
Also, it certainly looks like Shidou's regenerative ability is from a Spirit, which suggests Tohka wasn't the first Spirit he's encountered and sealed. And from the expression, I'd bet that Kotori knows just who that Spirit was.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:57   Link #972
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Concerning the sister, I'd be willing to bet it'll go down one of the most standard paths out there. The more ecchi and harem-esque a series is, the less likely any female relative is actually related by blood.
Also, it certainly looks like Shidou's regenerative ability is from a Spirit, which suggests Tohka wasn't the first Spirit he's encountered and sealed. And from the expression, I'd bet that Kotori knows just who that Spirit was.
Hmm everything you said is almost true but still gonna refrain from spoiling anything lol
Old 2013-05-05, 12:57   Link #973
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Knowing this type of clichee stories. The big explosion 30 years ago in russia was either him showing up or his sister showing up. That's why he can *seal* the spirits, either because he is one or his sister was one and gave him her powers.
But well those stories usually have such crap like that, so just enjoy the harem, because that's what I'm doing now. Don't expect any big bang plot twists or anything in it, it just moe with romance and magic/tech in it all mixed together to sell for easy Yen.
PS. Didn't read any novel or manga or whatever so if anything I said is really true, deal with it.
Old 2013-05-05, 15:13   Link #974
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Knowing this type of clichee stories. The big explosion 30 years ago in russia was either him showing up or his sister showing up. That's why he can *seal* the spirits, either because he is one or his sister was one and gave him her powers.
But well those stories usually have such crap like that, so just enjoy the harem, because that's what I'm doing now. Don't expect any big bang plot twists or anything in it, it just moe with romance and magic/tech in it all mixed together to sell for easy Yen.
PS. Didn't read any novel or manga or whatever so if anything I said is really true, deal with it.
The first spacequake happened thirty years ago. Shidou and Kotori aren't that old.
Old 2013-05-05, 15:26   Link #975
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The first spacequake happened thirty years ago. Shidou and Kotori aren't that old.
Because *Age* matters in this type of stories where you have space ships,magic,spirits riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
No it doesn't but like it or not its related probably one way or another be it him his sister his mother aunt father whatever. That just how this stories work, but oh well I'm just gonna wait and see what it actually was, if anime will get to it. As most animes based on novels end pretty fast without explaining much, as authors tend to milk their titles as long as they can.
Old 2013-05-05, 15:49   Link #976
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Because *Age* matters in this type of stories where you have space ships,magic,spirits riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
No it doesn't but like it or not its related probably one way or another be it him his sister his mother aunt father whatever.
That's probably one of the most brain-dead ways to look at any series ever. Since a series has magic and spaceships, clearly there's no reason to think about anything because it can all be explained with magic! Wow! You must be an expert at fantasy genre! Glad you're not the writer.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 16:08   Link #977
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
That's probably one of the most brain-dead ways to look at any series ever. Since a series has magic and spaceships, clearly there's no reason to think about anything because it can all be explained with magic! Wow! You must be an expert at fantasy genre! Glad you're not the writer.
Offend me more will you XD.
So basically all of those spirits are 10-16 years old because they look that way riiight? Or maybe they are few days old who knows ... well not worth my time, enjoy stroking each other here.
Over and out.
Old 2013-05-05, 16:26   Link #978
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Offend me more will you XD.
So basically all of those spirits are 10-16 years old because they look that way riiight? Or maybe they are few days old who knows ... well not worth my time, enjoy stroking each other here.
Over and out.
Maybe they are as old as they look. Maybe they're not. The fact is that you're already dismissing one of the possibilities just because something is a fantasy genre, which is a ridiculous argument. And stroking each other? Aren't you the one who claimed that you were just going to ignore the plot and "enjoy the harem"? A little ironic, isn't it?

For something not worth your time, though- You sure were kind enough to respond quickly.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:11   Link #979
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Episode 5: Yukino is just so sweet , also Shidou should tell Origami on why Spacequake occurs, it could help a lot for her to try accept/understand spirits even though AST would likely prefer to destroy spirits rather than contain and talk it out with them.
Old 2013-05-05, 20:10   Link #980
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
Episode 5: Yukino is just so sweet , also Shidou should tell Origami on why Spacequake occurs, it could help a lot for her to try accept/understand spirits even though AST would likely prefer to destroy spirits rather than contain and talk it out with them.
It's Yoshino.

Also Origami hates spirits as much as she does because her parents were killed by one, as she said in ep 1.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere