AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 20:47   Link #7181
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I disagree on two basis:
-Even fairly equipped T-72 or even T-55 can take down a M1 Abrams, just like Miho took down Sherman with anti-infantry cannon. Of course, MBT now are better than those from 20 years ago but hey - if they can take type 89 and go toe to toe with King Tiger than they can take T-72 and go toe to toe with Leopold II.
That's not entirely correct; no Abrams has been lost to enemy fire (write off due to IED damage is another thing though). We've had Abrams been shot at by other Abrams, using the silver bullet DU penetrators... and they're still recoverable and repairable. There's one Abrams, Cojone Eh, that got hit by a ridiculous amount of American fire to prevent it from being claimed as a trophy... and it's remarkably intact. ^_^;;

That said, whenever units go to NTC they're taught that the battlefield can kill them and that the Abrams is not an invilcible lightning bruiser mounting a fuckoff derpgun with fast reload, and trollomium-bouncium alloy armor.

Also, to an extent, I don't think we'd see much modern MBTs in Panzerfahren, because the higher up the tech level you get, the more crew skill is taken over by the technology. In an Abrams, for example, the gunner aims, lases the target, and the computer gets the range provides an impact point which tells him where to aim to score a kill. In contrast, Hana has to do all that manually, in her head.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 21:43   Link #7182
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I wonder what the ninjutsu elective was like...
IIRC there was Longsword as well.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:05   Link #7183
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I wonder what the ninjutsu elective was like...
I'll bet you anything the students learn the importance of theatricality and deception, as well as the art of truly disappearing
Old 2013-08-22, 22:54   Link #7184
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Tis the school of hard knocks.
Old 2013-08-23, 01:42   Link #7185
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Miho was fairly young when she started in tanks with Maho. Tank Commander at age 10. Competent enough to nearly defeat the recently named MVP Maho in a Panzer IV vs STuG III match with a practically inexperianced crew verses an experianced but squabbling crew.
Old 2013-08-23, 02:32   Link #7186
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In most PVP scenarios I know, teamwork is OP. So, no surprise there.
Old 2013-08-23, 06:03   Link #7187
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I agree
But the main reason why they go head on with everyone is because their tanks can hit a tank from 3km and destroy it. They could just sit back and let other tanks come at them.
Their style actually fit them, advance slowly in groups and blow up everything in your path, they have power and armor and of course they will play like that.
The problem is that they don't even really manage that. Their other myriad problems could probably be made good if they could at least manage that.
Quote:
I partially agree, they also had a LOT of luck.
-Chi-Ha in the beginning malfunctioned and have gone backwards instead of forward and as a result they were not defeated 10 seconds since the game started.
It is not a Chi-Ha but a Chi-Nu. The essence of this one: The primary problem is KMM's lack of shooting skill, so only one tank gets clipped. If we do it again, they might not hit anything at all.
Quote:
-16 ton Hetzer cannot lift 188 ton Maus, and that turret is at least three times heavier than Type 89 so they should fall from the tank the moment she moved that turret.
The Maus ran over the Hetzer. But you are right to the extent that if the Maus gunner had the mental flexibility to turn the turret to the right...
Quote:
-In the end they won by going 1 on 1 and staking everything on a single long shot that would leave them vulnerable if they missed or the shell bounced as in next second the rest of Black Forest tanks arrived.
Well, that would be even more true of Maho. It is a long shot, but a one on one is about as favorable as they could get, given normal conditions.
Still, given KMM's actual performance (if they had been more aware of it at the time), a potentially workable strategy would have been Oarai cooperating to slowly murder KMM's tanks ... one by one. With a little luck, it might even go well enough hey don't have to lose any more tanks.
Quote:
I disagree on two basis:
-Even fairly equipped T-72 or even T-55 can take down a M1 Abrams, just like Miho took down Sherman with anti-infantry cannon. Of course, MBT now are better than those from 20 years ago but hey - if they can take type 89 and go toe to toe with King Tiger than they can take T-72 and go toe to toe with Leopold II.
Yes, if the opponent is KMM, maybe. Under more usual conditions, while it might be possible for one or two to be taken down that way, the overall result would be a massacre.
Quote:
-I am pretty sure that International Panzerfahren rules forbid the use of things like "special equipment, such as ballistic computers and turret stabilization". They probably only include human factor and weapon and armor upgrades, but no computers or visors whatsoever ( remember that they read rules for radio equipment to see if that was valid for use, imagine if someone put targeting computer in his tank... I am sure he would be banned). And I am sure that unlike WW2 national they have actual rules for tanks that can be used in event ( same reason why WW1 tanks like Mark I were not used in anime even if we saw people using them on recruitment video ).
What's the point then of insisting on driving modern tanks but without their modern equipment?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 06:31   Link #7188
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In most PVP scenarios I know, teamwork is OP. So, no surprise there.
Exactly. I see it a lot in WoT; every time we toon up, we're kicking ass and taking names. Even I, a weak player, can contribute by supporting my platoon mates, and fighting as a coordinated team.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-23, 10:06   Link #7189
kimpleng
Lurker

kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 10:25   Link #7190
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pravda Victorious!

(or is this their version of the punishment dance?)
Old 2013-08-23, 10:27   Link #7191
Gravitas Free Zone

I love Katyusha's hat.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 20:40   Link #7192
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Pravda Victorious!

(or is this their version of the punishment dance?)
Cossack dance in that dress please!
Old 2013-08-23, 20:59   Link #7193
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wow.... listening to the Girls Und Panzer Fan Disk, and the first track is 3 minutes of all the tank sound effects they used in the series

Edit:

Also, Darjeeling's "Too much of one thing is not good" in english sounds delicious... provided you understand what she said the first time round

A vocal version of the main Senshado theme? Now that was a surprise.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-08-23 at 21:18.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:24   Link #7194
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Wow.... listening to the Girls Und Panzer Fan Disk, and the first track is 3 minutes of all the tank sound effects they used in the series :eek
Everything after the two character songs is also a long set of tank sound effects.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:30   Link #7195
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Everything after the two character songs is also a long set of tank sound effects.
Yeah, just got to that part. Now just need the modders to do a complete GuP tank sound pack for WoT

It is a bit distressing though that the Yuki No Singun in the single is an Ankou Team performance, and not the Erwin & Yukari performance we were expecting. But then it still sounds quite nice though, something you can march along to.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-08-24, 00:05   Link #7196
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Cossack dance in that dress please!
- For some strange reason when I read that, I imagined the TANKS doing a Cossack Dance...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 00:45   Link #7197
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It is a bit distressing though that the Yuki No Singun in the single is an Ankou Team performance, and not the Erwin & Yukari performance we were expecting. But then it still sounds quite nice though, something you can march along to.
As part of my weekend excercise, I get a backpack loaded with water, stuff my iPad into it, set the GuP marching songs as my playlist, and go walking for about an hour. All while keeping time to the marches.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-24, 01:52   Link #7198
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-08-24, 11:34   Link #7199
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Such a nice catchy song.

Endless "Toe tapping" Soul
Old 2013-08-25, 06:05   Link #7200
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Such a nice catchy song.
It's a marching song, it needs to be catchy, and keep to a good 4-beat. ;D If soldiers are singing, they don't feel so tired.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks