AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-04-01, 20:46   Link #61
Galaxian

Wow... This is extremely interesting.

Here is where I stand right now: Peace over glory, but family over bloodline.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 20:59   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I fangasmed so hard when I saw this trailer.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 21:26   Link #63
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

OMG, so hyped for this now.
Old 2015-04-01, 22:21   Link #64
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

I hear that it will have the same volume as Awakening...

Which isn't a good thing, actually. So I hope there is more.
As for the two version thing, since you get an imouto character in either version, just choose the one you like the most?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 22:40   Link #65
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Can't wait to get a 3DS for this shiet.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 23:00   Link #66
Hachitora

I like how they're letting you buy the other version for a reduced price. But the collector in me wants to get both anyway to have both cases in my collection :P and that special bundle sounds really tempting itself. If only it wasn't as expensive as it is.
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 01:26   Link #67
Awrya
U mad?

Am I the only one thinking that the two copies for Hoshido/Nohr is a April 1st joke from Nintendo?
Old 2015-04-02, 02:10   Link #68
Iron Maw
Banned

Official site up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I hear that it will have the same volume as Awakening...

Which isn't a good thing, actually. So I hope there is more.
As for the two version thing, since you get an imouto character in either version, just choose the one you like the most?
Waifu Emblem indeed.

Can't say I'm very thrilled about Nintendo's marketing and pricing scheme, all paths should be in the game from the get go and not behind a paywall given that main mechanic (and concept) here is choice.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 02:34   Link #69
Shadow5YA

I still think it's possible for Nintendo to localize only the final version that includes all three scenarios. They certainly didn't market the game as two separate versions in the English Direct.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 04:16   Link #70
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

This is something that I just though of after the trailer: Maybe the dancer girl changes clothe depending on which path you take? White for the Hoshido site and black for the Nohr side?

I mean, the part where she was dancing in this new trailer showed 2 images overlapping each other: One of her wearing white and another wearing black.
Old 2015-04-02, 04:28   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Can't say I'm very thrilled about Nintendo's marketing and pricing scheme, all paths should be in the game from the get go and not behind a paywall given that main mechanic (and concept) here is choice.
It isn't really a pay"wall" because the game itself isn't any more expensive than actual retail prices. If you buy one of them and buy the other route, it is 6700 yen, which is in range of the usual handheld console games (ranging from 5 to 7K).

One can argue about the third scenario, but this one looks like a "real DLC" since it won't be available when the game is initially released.
Old 2015-04-02, 08:04   Link #72
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

This is great. We're getting 2 FE's at release with interesting narrative decisions.

The boxart was confusing me at first since I thought Male is tied to Hoshido & Female to Nohr. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I hope we have same-sex route this time. Female Avatar looks best.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 09:16   Link #73
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I still think it's possible for Nintendo to localize only the final version that includes all three scenarios. They certainly didn't market the game as two separate versions in the English Direct.
Same, which I was so surprised to here about this afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't really a pay"wall" because the game itself isn't any more expensive than actual retail prices. If you buy one of them and buy the other route, it is 6700 yen, which is in range of the usual handheld console games (ranging from 5 to 7K).

One can argue about the third scenario, but this one looks like a "real DLC" since it won't be available when the game is initially released.
Nintendo is still forcing you to pay for half of the core content that should already be include though. Even if the pricing is lower than standard it seems like a highly unnecessary barrier to add. Besides FE is far from the first RPG to do this whole mufti-perspective thing (Suikoden 3, Tactics Ogre, mainline SMT games, Shining Force 3, etc) and in those games the player had all routes in one package without some weird payment middleman in the mix. Now if the said content in both versions is significant different (i.e beyond story, limited map reuse etc) and has larger volume than most standalone FEs, this becomes much easier to swallow. Basically hope we are dealing with two full games rather than two halves (or 1/3 depending on how one feels about the 3rd route) of one.
Old 2015-04-02, 09:23   Link #74
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
That female my unit has some serious spinal lordosis

Ahahah... haha... ha

I'm sorry ._.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 09:26   Link #75
GDB

Each path has the same content as Awakening. Most wouldn't say that was lacking in content (just that the content that was there was unpolished, needed more variety in map objectives, and more unique maps in general).

So for the same price as Awakening, you get the same amount of content. There's then another game with some similar content (at least the first 6 chapters, maybe some others later that you experience from the other side's point of view), but overall again the same amount of content. But you get this one for 1/3rd the retail price.

Also, word is that Hoshido plays like more recent FEs (8, Awakening), while Nohr plays like older FEs (1, 7).

Last edited by GDB; 2015-04-02 at 09:46.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 09:48   Link #76
Iron Maw
Banned

Having the "same amount of content as Awakening" is rather vague wording though. Awakening is actually one of shorter games in the series and with unlike that one FE:IF is going to spanning the same general area/world/region/whatever in both versions. So it's hard to say at this point what will be new and reused between the two games.
Old 2015-04-02, 09:52   Link #77
GDB

Still, how many times did people replay Awakening just to get different pairings/children (personally speaking, I'm up to #8)? How many times have people replayed other FE games just to experience the story again or get different stats/class changes? Or any FE in general just to play at higher difficulties? At least this time you'll have a different story and different characters.
Old 2015-04-02, 10:03   Link #78
Iron Maw
Banned

Indeed and I certainly won't argue that. It's even more reason though why I feel that this split is rather pointless, and reduces the chances of a potentially much stronger offering than Awakening as an overall game had this been one and everything else afterwards just being gravy. My main worry here is that this can presented pretty badly if the overall content is too similar.
Old 2015-04-02, 10:10   Link #79
GDB

Oh, no doubt there's the possibility that it could be presented poorly if they get lazy. I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Especially since, unless you're getting the Japanese version like serenade_beta usually does, all that information would be known by the time it releases overseas. So worst case scenario, even if NOA/NOE goes full on stupid and releases as White/Black like Japan... just pick which imouto's army you like more.
Old 2015-04-02, 12:23   Link #80
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
...just pick which imouto's army you like more. :p
Thanks, I got a good chuckle out of this.

So I tracked down the official site. And found myself asking one thing in very short order: why are the protagonists barefoot?

Setting that aside, it'd be interesting to see if there actually is a way to Take a Third Option...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem