AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 20:40   Link #81
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You've fallen into the same kind of hypocrisy that Rita basically used to justify her actions: Extreme actions need extreme measures.

The ultimate thing to note is that all parties have a fault in this, and to say either side's action was justified is in itself wrong.
Sometimes I feel these anime discussions cross into the field of real life without me noticing...
I, as a person, would've opened the door and told her to get lost. I've better things to do with my day than to put up with someone I have no interest in being with, especially someone with a background of acting against my wishes and not respecting my space.

Dragon, however, is a shut-in. As smart as he may be, he couldn't be prepared for a sneak attack of that magnitude.
Given his circumstances, I don't blame him. I blame Rita, since she has some idea of what kind of person he is and still continues to do things that she knows he doesn't enjoy.
Old 2013-02-05, 21:22   Link #82
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Because his character was never properly fleshed out. He's just "that guy" (how many people even REMEMBER his name?) that shows up when we're in the need of some added drama.
You gotta have some candy ready for the pitiful little girl who will inevitably lose the game.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:07   Link #83
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, is this a praise or a mockery ?
Just stating a fact, and substantiating it with evidence, something I have been accused of not being able to do here in these forums.

Quote:
Yes, but does that automatically give anyone the right to shut out and completely ignore a person that came all the way over from another country? That in itself is unreasonable by any standards, and to support such action is committing the same kind of mistake Rita is making.
What is unreasonable is to expect anyone to graciously (or otherwise) and unconditionally meet with someone else just because that person came from another country. This idea is absurdly ridiculous. Or will you now stick some conditions in there to make more plausible?

If I didn't want to see someone ever again, say, an ex-girlfriend, and she flew over from Paris to see me, you think I should chit-chat with her just because she flew over from Paris to see me, unannounced, even though she knew I never wanted to see her again? Absurd! The onus is on her to stay away from me and to respect my wishes.

Quote:
Sometimes I feel these anime discussions cross into the field of real life without me noticing...
More like The Twilight Zone...

Quote:
I, as a person, would've opened the door and told her to get lost. I've better things to do with my day than to put up with someone I have no interest in being with, especially someone with a background of acting against my wishes and not respecting my space.

Dragon, however, is a shut-in. As smart as he may be, he couldn't be prepared for a sneak attack of that magnitude.
Given his circumstances, I don't blame him. I blame Rita, since she has some idea of what kind of person he is and still continues to do things that she knows he doesn't enjoy.
Well said. A "sneak attack" is exactly what it was. She, herself, even called it a battle.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:09   Link #84
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:

I have to agree on this...

If Rita was a extremely ugly fat bloke harassing you non-stop, most guys would not be so kind to consider others before themselves.

And to dragon, Rita is really an equivalent to an extremely ugly girl...
Old 2013-02-05, 22:27   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How about making time for a friend and comrade that helped you complete a huge project? Is that too much to ask?

You people act as if she was a complete stranger, conveniently ignoring the fact that they once struggled and tolled together.

So what if she's ugly?
Old 2013-02-05, 22:48   Link #86
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
How about making time for a friend and comrade that helped you complete a huge project? Is that too much to ask?

You people act as if she was a complete stranger, conveniently ignoring the fact that they once struggled and tolled together.

So what if she's ugly?
I think the main issue here is that she dropped by unannounced and forced herself on Dragon's personal space. As a shut-in (who dislikes females, no less!) that must've freaked him out.
Besides, it's a bit hard to see Rita as a "friend and comrade" when she flies over from abroad to visit on Valentine's Day despite being on a really tight schedule.

She's not a stranger, but poor Dragon still has his issues, and Rita's forcefulness can be hard to deal with.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:52   Link #87
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:

Really, now, if it was just a friend and comrade who wanted to reminisce about the good old times, he wouldn't have opened the door for a chit-chat, anyway. We know that. But that was not who was banging at the door. It was a love-crazed female (his most feared nightmare) who wasn't a complete stranger who already had a track record of forcing herself on him. AND SHE DIDN'T ASK. She arrived for battle, unannounced, ready to waylay him, not matter what.

Quote:
So what if she's ugly?
Who wants to be with someone who has an ugly personality, even if they are physically beautiful? What she sees in the Dragon is a mystery to me, other than the fact that he represents a virtually insurmountable challenge to her. How dare he not want to be with her?!!
Old 2013-02-05, 23:16   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think the main issue here is that she dropped by unannounced and forced herself on Dragon's personal space. As a shut-in (who dislikes females, no less!) that must've freaked him out.
Besides, it's a bit hard to see Rita as a "friend and comrade" when she flies over from abroad to visit on Valentine's Day despite being on a really tight schedule.

She's not a stranger, but poor Dragon still has his issues, and Rita's forcefulness can be hard to deal with.
Perhaps; but life is full of turmoil and hardship and uncertainity so I think it's about time Dragon learns to get over it and do things out of his comfort zone... the hard way if that's what it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Really, now, if it was just a friend and comrade who wanted to reminisce about the good old times, he wouldn't have opened the door for a chit-chat, anyway. We know that. But that was not who was banging at the door. It was a love-crazed female (his most feared nightmare) who wasn't a complete stranger who already had a track record of forcing herself on him. AND SHE DIDN'T ASK. She arrived for battle, unannounced, ready to waylay him, not matter what.
She's all those things, but also still the person who helped him out.

That would never change.

Quote:
Who wants to be with someone who has an ugly personality, even if they are physically beautiful? What she sees in the Dragon is a mystery to me, other than the fact that he represents a virtually insurmountable challenge to her. How dare he not want to be with her?!!
I'll accept a degree of evil in beautiful people as long as it doesn't involve money or serious criminal offence.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:43   Link #89
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I hope this episode isnt the last happy episode for Nanamin.
The more i see her progress, the more i think of her downfall...
In this episode, she doesnt give Sorata chocolate right?
Old 2013-02-06, 00:09   Link #90
Lota

Not getting into the argument, just wanted to say something. This is, again, purely my interpretation, but some of you have said that Dragon shut himself in because Rita was agressive and he wasn't interested in her. The way I see it, it's the opposite. He knows he's weak against her and he doesn't want to give in to her demands. Plus, the Christmas e-mail was soooo not just to express his gratitude And, like many have pointed out, Rita was too aggressive in her approach. Maybe, if she had more time to stay, she wouldn't have done that, or at least they would have worked things out eventually during her stay. Perhaps, due to the lack of time she had... They just don't know each other well enough. Dragon doesn't understand that she is completely serious about this and Rita doesn't understand that this approach will not only not help, but do damage. I'm still waiting for his apology to Rita though.

Well, there's at least 1 thing they have in common: they both tend to go to the extremes.
Old 2013-02-06, 00:31   Link #91
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
What is unreasonable is to expect anyone to graciously (or otherwise) and unconditionally meet with someone else just because that person came from another country. This idea is absurdly ridiculous. Or will you now stick some conditions in there to make more plausible?

If I didn't want to see someone ever again, say, an ex-girlfriend, and she flew over from Paris to see me, you think I should chit-chat with her just because she flew over from Paris to see me, unannounced, even though she knew I never wanted to see her again? Absurd! The onus is on her to stay away from me and to respect my wishes.
A simple "No" would have been the minimum for Dragon to pass. This is the same thing I'm seeing over and over again: People are thinking in black and white, right or wrong. Is this some "You must either meet or not meet" situation? No, Dragon never declined properly, which in itself is his own fault regardless of his personality. For people to miss this makes me worried.

PS: I've now seen the scene in question, and Dragon has done enough in my view. Still, the basic principles of my post I maintain.
Old 2013-02-06, 07:56   Link #92
wontaek

Why can't some people see Ryuu and Rita situation in light of not what is right, but what might have been the kind thing to do? Some of the arguments I see here reminds me of an argument decrying acts of charity is evil because it turns people into thieves.

Last edited by wontaek; 2013-02-06 at 09:15.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:03   Link #93
Somnus
Eh?

If there's a middle ground to this argument, it lies here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Not getting into the argument, just wanted to say something. This is, again, purely my interpretation, but some of you have said that Dragon shut himself in because Rita was agressive and he wasn't interested in her. The way I see it, it's the opposite. He knows he's weak against her and he doesn't want to give in to her demands. Plus, the Christmas e-mail was soooo not just to express his gratitude And, like many have pointed out, Rita was too aggressive in her approach. Maybe, if she had more time to stay, she wouldn't have done that, or at least they would have worked things out eventually during her stay. Perhaps, due to the lack of time she had... They just don't know each other well enough. Dragon doesn't understand that she is completely serious about this and Rita doesn't understand that this approach will not only not help, but do damage. I'm still waiting for his apology to Rita though.

Well, there's at least 1 thing they have in common: they both tend to go to the extremes.
And here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Why can't some people see Ryuu and Rita situation in light of not what is right, but what might have been the kind thing to do? Some of the arguments I see here reminds me of an argument decrying acts of charity is evil because it turns people into thieves.
And that's where I choose to stand. I rather like, and interpreted similarly to his/her views. Whereas wontaek's statement hits the nail on the head on one of this world's flaws in general. Kudos to the both of you.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:45   Link #94
judasmartel
*Author

Dragon, omae wa mo troll-de iru. (You're already trolled.)

And Rita gives a speech for the ages:

"When a man is chased by a beautiful girl like me, he should be crying for joy!"

So basically, the Dragon/Rita interaction showed us how girls should NOT to meet your special person on Valentines Day and how boys should NOT say no (I mean, there are better ways to say no than what he did, but I can forgive him due to his unique issues with himself and Rita).

The last bit... Misaki's Valentine Dumplings! But I'm not sure how chocolate and garlic taste like together.
Old 2013-02-06, 16:32   Link #95
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Well, I was expecting far much more Eastenders to ensure from all that but I think that resolved just about where I would like it to be for the Main Triangle (Such as you could call it) and the Ryuunosuke situation in so-much that Rita, being the shrew of ressentiment, can screw right off.

The Misaki arc is starting to piss me off, though. Really, Jin is in dire need of a punt in the arse.
Old 2013-02-06, 18:03   Link #96
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

and.... no chocolate for Sorata from Nanami.... so sad...

well.. at least there's none NTR moment in this episode... Kanda cared for both of girls in equal ways...
Aoyama.... y u no confess?!?!?!

Really sad for Rita... Dragon should say more words to her before she left...
Old 2013-02-06, 19:28   Link #97
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Best Valentine's Day Ever.

Looks like nothing is resolved yet.

Next episode is hopefully the conclusion for the Misaki arc.
Old 2013-02-06, 20:32   Link #98
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...low rating for me, mainly b/c how much they manage to f**k up the interaction b/t Dragon and Rita...

Other than that...
1. Anime modification is not always bad, though. Biking with Nanami is better than just giving her the taxi money (LN version).
2. More on Nanamin, she just has no chance...
3. Back to Rita, I really don't know whether this version is better or not. But whatever happen to the ultra aggressive Rita anyway?
Old 2013-02-06, 20:48   Link #99
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

This will be (I hope) my last post for this episode. Just a couple of comments and questions.

Quote:
She's all those things, but also still the person who helped him out.

That would never change.
You're right, and I don't think anyone, myself included, is suggesting that she wasn't a "comrade in arms" during the arduous task of making that game.

Quote:
I'll accept a degree of evil in beautiful people as long as it doesn't involve money or serious criminal offence.
This seems to be a common attitude of some anime viewers. The "beautiful people" are much less likely to get flack than the "ugly people" for being nasty, spiteful, malicious, and even physically abusive.

Quote:
A simple "No" would have been the minimum for Dragon to pass. This is the same thing I'm seeing over and over again: People are thinking in black and white, right or wrong. Is this some "You must either meet or not meet" situation? No, Dragon never declined properly, which in itself is his own fault regardless of his personality. For people to miss this makes me worried.

PS: I've now seen the scene in question, and Dragon has done enough in my view. Still, the basic principles of my post I maintain.
Oh, lordy, I just caught myself thinking of asking you the same question that's been thrown at me time and time again, "Are we watching the same show?" But, wait, you hadn't even seen the episode before the PS? Was everything you had been stating about this specific episode based on hearsay? Do you still think it was the Dragon's own fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Why can't some people see Ryuu and Rita situation in light of not what is right, but what might have been the kind thing to do?
Okay, how about: the kind thing to do would have been for Rita to stay home and not put the Dragon through emotional torture. I'm guessing this is not what you were thinking.
Old 2013-02-06, 20:59   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This seems to be a common attitude of some anime viewers. The "beautiful people" are much less likely to get flack than the "ugly people" for being nasty, spiteful, malicious, and even physically abusive.
Anybody can like a nice, sweet person who is perfect- That's like beginners' level, a give-away, no effort require.

Quote:
Okay, how about: the kind thing to do would have been for Rita to stay home and not put the Dragon through emotional torture. I'm guessing this is not what you were thinking.
So basically supporting his hikikomori mindset? Yeah that will be so much better.
Closed Thread