AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-12, 00:07   Link #701
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Not surprised that Kallen 2.0 is reduced to the new CG Fan service girl.
To be fair, the vast majority of the Code Geass female characters would easily qualify as "fan service girls" if we are going to be using the promotional artwork as evidence. It's far from exclusive to Kallen.

Honestly, there's no shortage of similar art to go around. Which is why that doesn't surprise me, by and large, at this point.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:17   Link #702
darthfury78

Things seems to get quite interesting. It seems like the OVA series will do very well afterall. Although, it might have been better to have made this series into a 25 episode season.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2012-12-25 at 22:53.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 05:48   Link #703
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
To be fair, the vast majority of the Code Geass female characters would easily qualify as "fan service girls people" if we are going to be using the promotional artwork as evidence. It's far from exclusive to Kallen.
Fixed

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 08:39   Link #704
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Tons of similarities, ayano is left-handed like kallen and she's defeated by leyla in the same exact way when suzaku knocked-down kallen in the waterfall event on kamine.
Same physical design too, but ayano is too much young for that body proportions, she's 15, kallen was 18 (little more possible).
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 09:21   Link #705
Xander

Yes, RRW. I suppose that's more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Tons of similarities, ayano is left-handed like kallen and she's defeated by leyla in the same exact way when suzaku knocked-down kallen in the waterfall event on kamine.
It's a nice bit of trivia, but that doesn't seem very conclusive though, given the surrounding circumstances involved.

I'm not saying you can't draw some parallels, but we know so little about her that it's mostly a superficial comparison.

Quote:
Same physical design too, but ayano is too much young for that body proportions, she's 15, kallen was 18 (little more possible).
I'd say there's more differences in the character design used in the actual animation and, as darthfury78 pointed out, she tends to look a bit more similar to a female version of Lelouch than anything else.

You might have a point about the proportions, but that's the often unrealistic nature of anime at work.
Old 2012-12-12, 11:57   Link #706
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Well, there's the clamp style, they draw all the teenager girls flat-chest, but not because they're so, by adult they have all considerable boobs.

For example kaguya, nunnally and anya were flat because they're 15 years old, kallen was flat too at the same age, is a sort of.....japanese strange habit, the breast grow all in a instant XDXDXD

For this the presence of Jean low on Akito is a sort of out-of-place woman.
Old 2012-12-12, 17:32   Link #707
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
What he did during the rebellion was less evil and destructive than the Zero Requiem, and therein lies the irony of it all. While he was by no means innocent during the rebellion, at the very least Lelouch did a lot of stuff out of necessity, due to the tyrannical nature of Britannia. And he was able to set up a legitimate governing body in the UFN, finally setting up a legitimate challenge to Britannia for world liberation. With the Zero Requiem, Lelouch committed multiple assassinations of people who as C. C. notes, had a right to complain about their treatment, committed mass brainwashing of soldiers and used them as meat shields, blew up Mt. Fuji, likely depleting most of the world's most crucial energy supply, and in general, supposedly becoming the biggest tyrant in the world. And that's taking Charles and Schneizel into account. And unlike the rebellion, Lelouch had other options. This wasn't about redemption. He was killing more than he did then. This was about fulfilling a death wish following Nunnally's apparent demise, and the Black Knights' betrayal.
The alternative to ZR would likely be Schneitzel taking over as King of Britannia, who would launch the Damocles regardless and obviously create a violent reaction from the UFN (as if anyone would be comfortable with an orbital fortress that can level anyone and anything at will) creating a global war regardless and the outcome being that the world policy would be dictated by whether Schneitzel thinks there's conflict brewing somewhere or not. Which would seem very undesirable regardless.

With that said, I agree insofar that it's a bit hard not to construe ZR as evil in itself given the methods. But it would seem by far the most practical and efficient way to simultaneously unite the world and dismantle the Darwinist privilege-based world that Britannia had built. Also, with the act of focusing all hate into himself, Lelouch would hope that the act of hate is spent as often on his figure instead of one another, leading to better dialogues, the realization that most people want the same things in the end and ultimately lasting peace.

Well, I guess it's a matter of whether you think Machiavellian acts are acceptable given the circumstances or not.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 18:44   Link #708
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

But it's a idea can't work in this world, japan people has a different mentality with the culture "kill your enemy and you're a hero" for this a guilty not seems a guilty at despite of what he/she did and can live without regret, look Nina, millions of casualities and she can live freely.

In a real situation she couldn't make 2 meters.

Then for them all world is Japan, for this they thought that idea for the ending, otherwise in a real world well....Britannia become weak and are the other countries attack them after and the empire fall forever.
Old 2012-12-12, 20:09   Link #709
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
The alternative to ZR would likely be Schneitzel taking over as King of Britannia, who would launch the Damocles regardless and obviously create a violent reaction from the UFN (as if anyone would be comfortable with an orbital fortress that can level anyone and anything at will) creating a global war regardless and the outcome being that the world policy would be dictated by whether Schneitzel thinks there's conflict brewing somewhere or not. Which would seem very undesirable regardless.

With that said, I agree insofar that it's a bit hard not to construe ZR as evil in itself given the methods. But it would seem by far the most practical and efficient way to simultaneously unite the world and dismantle the Darwinist privilege-based world that Britannia had built. Also, with the act of focusing all hate into himself, Lelouch would hope that the act of hate is spent as often on his figure instead of one another, leading to better dialogues, the realization that most people want the same things in the end and ultimately lasting peace.

Well, I guess it's a matter of whether you think Machiavellian acts are acceptable given the circumstances or not.
Not if he went after Schneizel first and didn't give him the luxury of time he had to launch Damocles.

Besides, as Bonzo noted, you cannot attach the idea of hate to any single person. The peace would last for no more than six years. Besides, Lelouch would be more useful alive than dead.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 02:03   Link #710
mtgowns

Quote:
Not if he went after Schneizel first and didn't give him the luxury of time he had to launch Damocles.

Besides, as Bonzo noted, you cannot attach the idea of hate to any single person. The peace would last for no more than six years. Besides, Lelouch would be more useful alive than dead.
Lelouch didn't seem to have the ability to go - or even know - where Schneizel was holed up at so I don't think it was ever an option.

I agree that the whole idea of relying on focusing away "hate" doesn't seem it would be very realistic - and I wholeheartedly agree that Lelouch could have sought further redemption by staying alive.

But his goal of unifying the world was entirely dependent on him actually defeating opposition against that - it's unlikely that either Britannia or any other UFN member would passively accept a global government, hence the violent means Lelouch took. He laid the foundations for an unified world to be operational but it couldn't happen with him at the helm after what he did to get there in the first place - it would be unacceptable, of course. So his own death was not just a way to feel good about a promise or "focus the hate" but a necessary course of action at that point. I guess he could've faked his death and retire in the Yukon but he would be forced to stay away from human contact.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 06:40   Link #711
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

To die at the end was the honor sacrifice for the guilt, in perfect japanese style, a suicide after a failure is seen like a honorable way to ask sorry.

Instead in western mentality a suicide for that reason is stupidity.

Try to imagine if after becomed emperor using the geass, Lelouch made only good things, realistically Schneizel couldn't do nothing, otherwise he become the bad guy and lelouch still the good one.
Old 2012-12-13, 07:51   Link #712
Destined_Fate

You do know that Lelouch isn't Japanese right? If anything Suzaku should have died for their sins since his honor was the most stained.

Really wish we had more info on Ayano so we can start the next Great Shipping wars if she's in Akito's harem or if she may be lusting after her leader or mister "I like one glove only".
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 08:46   Link #713
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

We spectators know lelouch wasn't japanese, like the big percentage of characters, but japanese made this anime so all character think and act like japanese.

They're totally ingorant about western lifestyle and culture, I know this because in November I was there, I visit a japan high school in shizuoka and spoke with clerks in a sunrise offices in Tokyo.

There's only japan for japan and they wrongly think we live in a way similar to them.
Old 2012-12-13, 18:39   Link #714
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
Lelouch didn't seem to have the ability to go - or even know - where Schneizel was holed up at so I don't think it was ever an option.

I agree that the whole idea of relying on focusing away "hate" doesn't seem it would be very realistic - and I wholeheartedly agree that Lelouch could have sought further redemption by staying alive.

But his goal of unifying the world was entirely dependent on him actually defeating opposition against that - it's unlikely that either Britannia or any other UFN member would passively accept a global government, hence the violent means Lelouch took. He laid the foundations for an unified world to be operational but it couldn't happen with him at the helm after what he did to get there in the first place - it would be unacceptable, of course. So his own death was not just a way to feel good about a promise or "focus the hate" but a necessary course of action at that point. I guess he could've faked his death and retire in the Yukon but he would be forced to stay away from human contact.
He should have helped in secret like he did as Zero, either returning as Zero himself or coming around as a secret advisor. And people actually "liked" Lelouch's image as the Emperor of Justice right before he started his campaign of tyranny against the UFN.

As for Schneizel, he could have at least tried. If he couldn't find Schneizel in time to stop Damocles, he could possibly, instead of opposing the UFN, have them go along with it as a feint against Schneizel instead, with the UFN secretly supporting him while fighting his forces for the sake of show.

Quote:
To die at the end was the honor sacrifice for the guilt, in perfect japanese style, a suicide after a failure is seen like a honorable way to ask sorry.

Instead in western mentality a suicide for that reason is stupidity.

Try to imagine if after becomed emperor using the geass, Lelouch made only good things, realistically Schneizel couldn't do nothing, otherwise he become the bad guy and lelouch still the good one.
Which ironically means the likes of Ohgi and Tohdoh, the latter a samurai himself, have no honor for selling themselves to Schneizel.

Not to mention the other characters who killed and/or didn't contribute to the peace, i. e. Cornelia and Villetta, were still alive.
Old 2012-12-13, 19:07   Link #715
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Yes, but they made bad/not samurai code thing against lelouch, becomed the bad guy.

So, Villetta and Cornelia were against Lelouch too, so Lelouch was the evil one to kill, then everything forgived at the end.

And the spectators judges/votes did the rest.

For this I always tell japanese mentality is very....strange.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:06   Link #716
Xander

Would it be too much to ask you guys to take all this talk about R2 (in an endless circle of arguments and counter-arguments no less since every single point brought up so far by either side can be questioned further by the other) to another thread?

It's not like we don't have an entire sub-forum dedicated to this property and more fitting areas for all such exchanges. There's little or no reason to literally drag all that up in the Akito topic for the Nth time. Can't see the purpose of it.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:16   Link #717
shinigami99

Well tbh, that's the power that Lelouch has in this franchise. Any spin off's main character will undoubtedly be compared to him, and the discussion will tend toward him if it goes on long enough. I dub this trend "Reducto ad Leloucherum" ( this was inspired by "Reducto ad Hitlerum")
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:38   Link #718
azul120

Quote:
Yes, but they made bad/not samurai code thing against lelouch, becomed the bad guy.

So, Villetta and Cornelia were against Lelouch too, so Lelouch was the evil one to kill, then everything forgived at the end.

And the spectators judges/votes did the rest.

For this I always tell japanese mentality is very....strange.
You're talking about the perspective. I'm going on an objective basis. Villetta and Cornelia were responsible to different degrees for that which Lelouch was up against, and in the former's case, many of Lelouch's problems. They did not atone or do anything to earn their forgiveness. They did not deserve their happy ending. They are straight up Karma Houdinis.

Not to mention Ohgi. He betrayed not only Lelouch, but also the UFN. He was also responsible for Lelouch's final turn towards self-destruction (not to mention the accompanying reign of terror). He does not deserve to be a leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
Well tbh, that's the power that Lelouch has in this franchise. Any spin off's main character will undoubtedly be compared to him, and the discussion will tend toward him if it goes on long enough. I dub this trend "Reducto ad Leloucherum" ( this was inspired by "Reducto ad Hitlerum")
It's also that Akito is part of the same continuity, and in between season 1 and R2 at that.
Old 2012-12-14, 20:51   Link #719
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
You're talking about the perspective. I'm going on an objective basis. Villetta and Cornelia were responsible to different degrees for that which Lelouch was up against, and in the former's case, many of Lelouch's problems. They did not atone or do anything to earn their forgiveness. They did not deserve their happy ending. They are straight up Karma Houdinis.

Not to mention Ohgi. He betrayed not only Lelouch, but also the UFN. He was also responsible for Lelouch's final turn towards self-destruction (not to mention the accompanying reign of terror). He does not deserve to be a leader.
I know very well, I just written why the objective basis not happened.
Old 2012-12-15, 09:51   Link #720
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
That explains its initial part, but by this time there's no such comparison involved. Just another discussion about the ending of R2 for its own sake.

When posts reach and maintain that level of divergence, the thread is clearly going off-topic and not providing anything relevant to the current topic.

Quote:
It's also that Akito is part of the same continuity, and in between season 1 and R2 at that.
But what you've been specifically talking about has nothing to do with said continuity connection. I'd assume you're completely aware of that.

It's a debate about the future actions of Lelouch and, more importantly, those of other characters who aren't likely to be present in Akito at all.