Old 2013-08-12, 05:18   Link #41
Aesthetic Shampoo

This looks incredibly cheesy.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 21:24   Link #42
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So any thoughts? I loved the premiere and can't wait for more next week.

So the new hero we saw int he preview
Spoiler:

While it's officially stated that Coulson survived and was just dead for eight seconds,
Spoiler:

And no, the Avengers don't know he's alive. As Coulson put it, "They're not Level 7." (or was it Hill who said that? >.>) If they did find out, they'd probably kill Nick.
I wouldn't be surprised if Coulson walks into Avengers 2 for a big surprise though. Marvel did say that Agents of SHIELD will tie in with the movies.
Old 2013-09-26, 14:14   Link #43
james0246

It was both better than I thought it would be, but also a little trite and boring. In terms of characters, everyone was over-the-top, but that is to be expected from a pilot episode; we need to establish whose who as quickly as possible, and leave actual characterization for future episode (really, only the main hunky guy (Ward? idr) really suffered from this exaggeration of character tropes). The pacing was also all over the place, with some scenes simply hanging around, while others zipped by too quickly. The dialogue was often good, especially from Coulson (though maybe they should tone him down just a little), but the story was generally too predictable to be truly interesting. In many respects I was reminded of the first episodes of Fringe and Dollhouse, which were generally sub-par compared to what eventually followed.

Overall, it was a fun experience heavily reminiscent of the 70s era SHIELD stories (right down to the flying car ). I am very interested in just where this story could end up going, especially if it can incorporate elements from the future films.

I will say this, I was upset ABC didn't air The Neighbors after Agents of SHIELD. Not that they necessarily go together, but it would have been nice to have a dedicated Sci-Fi night from one of the Big 4.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:30   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Looks like Agents of SHIELD/Marvel has a rival.

Batman police spin-off commissioned by Fox

I hope it adapts from Batman: GCPD and Gotham Undercover comics.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:03   Link #45
GDB

Not really a rival when they won't be on air at the same time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 21:48   Link #46
BPD Renegade

^^ This is probably just another cop/detective series under the guise of a Batman spin-off to attract fans. I'm not pinning any hopes on it being anything other than a generic show with the commish's name and a few references thrown in.

As for S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm thinking this is only going to last one season. Coulson probably really is dead, and what we're seeing is an unaware LMD. The show will end with the truth being revealed. Or he's a robot. Cue Avengers 2 + Ultron.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 03:37   Link #47
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Loved the pilot ep, I like how none of the characters are what they appear to be on the surface. Rumor is that Nick Fury makes an appearance in a MCU movie-style after-credit stinger in the next ep.
Old 2013-10-01, 15:23   Link #48
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Overall, it was a fun experience heavily reminiscent of the 70s era SHIELD stories (right down to the flying car ).
Was I the only one who saw that scene and immediately thought:
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 02:13   Link #49
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

T'was amusing, bit cheesy though - not as bad as I thought it would be though. Some characters make me cringe a little, but that will probably get better as the show goes on. The nerdy duo are probably the most annoying for it, the rest are mostly just one line or scene affairs where they do it.

Still pretty fun, I liked the cameo with Fury though - man just wants his bar back. Hehe. gives me hope for cameos from others from the movies, but yeah if they don't know about Coulson then it's doubtful.

As to Coulson I figured that he could maybe be a clone or something, or parts of his body run on Tesseract hardware or something. Either way, it's going to be a plot point in the future, that much is obvious.
Old 2013-10-02, 02:17   Link #50
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

And here I thought they wouldn't bring any of the actors from the movies to play their characters in the TV series since it would probably drive the price of the episode high. But despite that, I somehow believed that the rumors of Jackson's cameo would be true.
Old 2013-10-02, 02:47   Link #51
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The Nick Fury cameo was awesome! Loved the ep too, had even more action than the first and I love how the 084 tied back into not only the movies but also the Centipede from last ep through it containing Gamma radiation. I'm definitely thinking the group behind everything is HYDRA. And great to see the characters bond more and the dynamics start to take shape better. And Coulson has called Tahiti a "magical place" every time he's referred to it. They're definitely hinting at something there. And it's great to see Skye's character get another added layer, on top of her hint last ep that she wiped her real identity. Like i said, no character on this show is what they appear. And Melinda May kicks ass.

Oh, and speaking of Skye's true identity, I'm thinking she's Jessica Jones or Jessica Drew.
Old 2013-10-02, 02:57   Link #52
Mr Hat and Clogs

On the whole 'magical' tahiti thing, i know it's unlikely, but for some reason it made me think he got out of Valhalla or something (because the Thor comics have the whole Norse afterlife thing right? where souls go and stuff, or come back). Either way I'm on either Clone, Hybrid body or Resurrection.
Old 2013-10-02, 03:37   Link #53
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I've seen that theory other places. I think it's unlikely just because of how crazy it is and doesn't really fit with what they're doing...but who knows.
Old 2013-10-02, 04:15   Link #54
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well the hybrid theory would probably fit best with the super-tech they seem to be wielding, but you could say that about either of the three options listed. Just depends which feels more spyish and techish.
Old 2013-10-03, 05:40   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I wonder if they're going to do the Civil War storyline? That would be cool.
Old 2013-10-03, 05:53   Link #56
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I wonder if they're going to do the Civil War storyline? That would be cool.
I dunno, they seem too be doing mostly original stuff not in the comics. (otherwise that would have been Luke Cage in the pilot) But I'm also hoping we do get to see some things from the comics.
Old 2013-10-03, 07:17   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Bit cheesy, but so far a fairly fun series. Just wonder where they will go with things once everyone can push a bit out of their cliche roles.

Still trying to figure out what exactly has been done with Coulson. The whole Tahiti things really feels like a programed response almost. Whatever is really going on even someone that knew him from the past didn't seem able to see through it.

The Fury cameo at the end was hilarious though. Don't touch that man's bar! Hopefully they've got the budget to make him appear semi-regularly.
Old 2013-10-03, 11:57   Link #58
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i like Ep1 but Ep2 was sooooo cliche,

i expect better form Whedon.
Old 2013-10-03, 12:16   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf

Crazy theory of mine on Coulson coming back. It involves the mythology of the Destroyer in the comics.

The Destroyer is an armor that takes in an Asgardian soul. Which means whenever say Loki uses it he had to leave his body to inhabit it.

Coulson at the time was using a gun based on the Destroyer. Who is to say his soul was sucked in and put back somehow later.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 14:06   Link #60
Byakou

I saw the first episode. In a nutshell, I thought it was garbage. Generic story, boring characters. Didn't like one bit.

First defiance and now this. Why are they having so much trouble making good sci fi. I haven't seen anything decent since battlestar galactica.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe