AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-29, 18:44   Link #21
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The MC is ridiculously OP in this, yes. In fact, nothing short of gods could even touch him. But he's very... how should I put it, undercover?
He doesn't like to be noticed, and uses alias from early on to mask his activities.

This kinda develops into a very unique element that defines it separate from other Narou novels.
Spoiler:

It's kinda interesting because it almost feels like having three different protagonist, although they are all the same person.
I'm sold. how much lol-cats (internet currency) do i owe you guys?

*Checks WN* Great googly moogly, 300+ chapters...welp, another series in my backlog.
Old 2015-01-29, 18:51   Link #22
Mechatrill

On a side note, by the look of those cover pics, I get the feeling that each volume of the Light Novel covers the events of 2 volumes of Web Novel.

Case in point, the girls in the V1 cover don't show up until Web novel V2 (unless that blonde girl on his arm is the soldier/mage knight girl, Jenna I believe her name is, in which case one did have a brief cameo in V1).

Also, the two girl in the front of the V2 cover aren't properly introduced until V3 (although both did have a brief cameo in V1). I've just finished V4 of the WN too, and I have no clue who those girls in the 3rd pic are...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 19:25   Link #23
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Yes.

Volume 4, chapter 10.

That must be embarrassing for him if he gain the titles like "Layer of Dragon Girls" .

Last edited by Ghiest Cid; 2015-01-29 at 19:54.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 07:33   Link #24
tsunade666

what's the difference between the WN and the LN version? if the girls in vol 1 cover doesn't show up until vol 2 of wn.
Old 2015-01-30, 08:38   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The girls are:

Spoiler:

All the girls are Satou's comrades and servants, with the exception of Zena.
Zena doesn't play a very important role (despite looking like a main heroine in the cover), and generally more mundane and average than the other characters. Homely normal girl.

The novel is very harem, but the protagonist is more interested in older women. Unfortunately he's surrounded with lolis.
Only girl Satou really falls in love with is the queen of elves.

In contrast, the "hero" Hayato who was summoned to this world (and later befriends Satou) is surrounded by buxom female companions (all his companions are some of strongest people in the world, as well as being attractive. Standard hero harem), but he himself is a lolicon.
It's a running gag that Satou and Hayato are both cursed by attracting girls that are not their type.

Last edited by aohige; 2015-01-30 at 08:51.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 09:09   Link #26
tsunade666

Aohige you read this? then this should be good. I haven't read vol 1 yet. Still waiting for someone to make pdf version.
Old 2015-01-30, 09:09   Link #27
laon
Hantai

Poor Zena, even the manga push (read: troll) her hard.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 09:56   Link #28
kazzuya

Satou and I have same curse. We only attract Loli.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 10:26   Link #29
NotteBoy97

Question what is the source that he got after orbital bombardment of the dragon god valley?
NotteBoy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 10:31   Link #30
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The novel is very harem, but the protagonist is more interested in older women. Unfortunately he's surrounded with lolis.
Only girl Satou really falls in love with is the queen of elves.

In contrast, the "hero" Hayato who was summoned to this world (and later befriends Satou) is surrounded by buxom female companions (all his companions are some of strongest people in the world, as well as being attractive. Standard hero harem), but he himself is a lolicon.
It's a running gag that Satou and Hayato are both cursed by attracting girls that are not their type.
Sold, SOLD I TELLS 'YA! Just bumped this into the top 5 of my reading backlog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Still waiting for someone to make pdf version.
It's...not hard? I made one in MSWord so I can read it on the go tomorrow w/ my PDF pile in less than 3 minutes.
Old 2015-01-30, 10:55   Link #31
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post

It's...not hard? I made one in MSWord so I can read it on the go tomorrow w/ my PDF pile in less than 3 minutes.
the one being translated is WN version right? I just like if there are illustrations there and I don't know where to put it even if I download the raws or if the WN is still mostly the same as the LN that had been published.
Old 2015-01-30, 21:27   Link #32
Ghiest Cid

The mc is more fortunate than hayato since they will soon grow up even those long lived . unless some are eternal loli.
Old 2015-01-30, 22:53   Link #33
Mechatrill

Indeed, he has on separate occasions mentioned to Arisa and Lulu to work hard and grow up in 10 (5 for Lulu) years. Unfortunately, by then, Arisa might not be as interested in him anymore (she's a major shota-con, and Satou, in his 15 year old form, counts). Still, at least he'll have Lulu, probably (the beast girl trio's interactions with him thus far are mostly innocent, no real romantic/harem hijinks there at all)...

Speaking of eternal loli, there is one, or at least close enough to it, being Mia the elf, who is in her 130s at her appearance. No idea about Nana though, being an artificial creation (homunculus).

A small tidbit on Nana:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-30, 23:22   Link #34
laon
Hantai

She also moans suggestively whenever he does that lol, pretty much lifted from Negima's Chachamaru's antics which also became a running gag in the series back then.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 23:24   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Arisa is the closest thing to heroine in this novel, btw.
Because she's an older middle-age otaku woman stuck in a 11year old body, she's the closest thing to Satou's mentality in his team.

Because Satou can share more secrets with Arisa, naturally there are more conversation between them than any other girls in the team, as she is the only person he can safely discuss most matters.
They have a stronger friendship bonding than anyone else in the story.

As for Arisa's shotacon, at this point she's grown too attached to Satou for that to matter anymore.
Old 2015-01-31, 00:52   Link #36
tsunade666

Arisa shotacon? but she's stuck in an 11 year old body of a girl. I can't think of it as being shotacon because she herself is a jailbait.
Old 2015-01-31, 01:03   Link #37
Xacual

It makes sense considering she's a reincarnated otaku woman. Similar kind of situation as MT's Rudeus. He kept his lolicon even after reincarnating and living a new life.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 01:09   Link #38
Ghiest Cid

The elf is fine since satou is immortal .So they know he is from other world? That is unwise. Does he let the girls run over him?
Old 2015-01-31, 01:48   Link #39
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
The elf is fine since satou is immortal .So they know he is from other world? That is unwise. Does he let the girls run over him?
Only Arisa knows, I think. She pretty much pegged him from the get go. It's why she "convinced" him to buy her and Lulu in the first place. One of the reasons anyways. Plus, she's been ordered not to spill his secrets (magically enforced slavery order, she'll literally die if she disobey).

Plus, it's not like being from another world is that huge a deal. There's a 66 year cycle where every time, the Demon Lord revives and one of the Kingdoms (Saga Empire, I think?) summons up a hero from another world. In fact, the reason Lulu has Japanese features in the first place was because one of her ancestors was a Japanese summoned over and she was a throwback. There has also been more than one record of people from another world being reborn in that one. It's unusual and usually a sign of something special (every one of them got some kind of cheat ability or power), but that's not necessarily a bad thing...
Old 2015-01-31, 02:27   Link #40
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

While "Summoned" are pretty much just the hero thing in the Saga Empire, there's a ton of reincarnated characters.

My favorite are the underground monsters.
Spoiler:

Satou is a special case though. He's neither reincarnated or summoned.
Reincarnated starts off as a baby, and gets interviewed by gods before birth.
A summoned hero comes to the world exactly as themselves. Satou is neither, he found himself alone in a younger body.

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring