AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2017-10-21, 22:16   Link #41
n0m@n
C-Z

Don't worry. No one will blame you for feeling that way. I won't say which animation is better, but the only thing I will say is that it's normal for viewers to prefer the first animation due to consistency.

The only thing I'm looking forward to the new DxD with new animation is that it will treat the previous season's (cough Born cough) original content as if it had never happened. Also even if they won't be able to do it, I hope they make it seem like the whole RG between Sitri group and Gremory group had happened in the past.
Old 2017-10-21, 23:32   Link #42
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Man you guys are butthurt about season 3.
Old 2017-10-21, 23:45   Link #43
Parry999

Well youtubes not also just saw a comment say they look like traps know. And comparing it to super and sun and moon. Ahahah

Last edited by Parry999; 2017-10-21 at 23:57.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 03:48   Link #44
Chichiryuushintei

^Anyone who thinks Sun and Moon has bad animation doesn't know what animation is. It's about how it flows and moves, not how good a screenshot of an in-between frame works as a wallpaper.

Super has some really good animation sometimes. But most of the time, it's just Toei being Toei.
Old 2017-10-22, 04:07   Link #45
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Man you guys are butthurt about season 3.
We're bitter about several fan favorite moments being replaced with bizarrely out of character drama, yes.
Old 2017-10-22, 06:12   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyterror3381 View Post
I personally much prefer the past season’s animation. The new one looked like a step back, similar to Digimon adventure tri’s animation compared to the original two, in terms of character drawings. Just my opinion, though
Character drawings (as in the design) is not animation if we talk about the basic definition. Animation refers to the movements of things you see on-screen (pretty much like what Chichiryuushintei said above) which, if we judge by the PV, is already a huge improvements over the DxD past seasons combined. And yes, Digimon Tri's animation is also a huge improvement over the old TV series in general.

Anyway, I personally never really cared about DxD after the first season (cos the narrative have gone horribly cheesy to the point where I can't stand the cliched dialogues and lines), but this news of changing studio has peaked my interest a little. But of course the anime will still waste some time on the girls being cuddly-cuddly with Issei on the bed without any real progress which boggles the mind considering how lecherous the MC is and how willing the girls are. I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that part.
Old 2017-10-22, 11:09   Link #47
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

As far as animation goes, this is certainly an improvement. Character designs directly relate to animation fluidity, and DxD had very stiff looking art previously.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 11:34   Link #48
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Character drawings (as in the design) is not animation if we talk about the basic definition. Animation refers to the movements of things you see on-screen (pretty much like what Chichiryuushintei said above) which, if we judge by the PV, is already a huge improvements over the DxD past seasons combined. And yes, Digimon Tri's animation is also a huge improvement over the old TV series in general.

Anyway, I personally never really cared about DxD after the first season (cos the narrative have gone horribly cheesy to the point where I can't stand the cliched dialogues and lines), but this news of changing studio has peaked my interest a little. But of course the anime will still waste some time on the girls being cuddly-cuddly with Issei on the bed without any real progress which boggles the mind considering how lecherous the MC is and how willing the girls are. I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that part.
Yeah the publisher wouldn't let the author write sex scenes or breast sucking. So took him awhile to show progress with the relationships. Agreed the generic cuddling harem scenes are the worst scenes in the anime.
Old 2017-10-22, 12:19   Link #49
Yye1
Wide Right

Love how they make Issei in BB move like Exia in gundam 00.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 12:33   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Yeah the publisher wouldn't let the author write sex scenes or breast sucking. So took him awhile to show progress with the relationships. Agreed the generic cuddling harem scenes are the worst scenes in the anime.
If that's true, I guess this is a case where the publisher ruins one of the most basic logic of the story: Issei should've screwed most of the girls a long time ago. I mean, what's stopping him? He and the girls are already sinful devils. Issei has more lecherous urges and sexual drive than most other males in DxD's universe and the girls are already past the point of willing to be screwed. They basically threw themselves to Issei and begged for his dick. The only thing that's stopping the inevitable event so far is plot-cockblock, and a very poor one at that.

It's funny how Gundam (which is a show for general audience) was able to have main characters and major named-characters to actually have sex in the show and they did it in three different TV series (Gundam SEED, G SEED Destiny and Iron-Blooded Orphans) while an ecchi show like DxD is struggling to make the characters actually do it (off-screen or, god forbid, on-screen). Gundam might not showed the actual "humping action" of the aforementioned intercourse, but they actually have the balls to show the audience post-coital scenes (in the first two series I mentioned above). You know, for kids!
Old 2017-10-22, 12:58   Link #51
GDB

Quote:
Issei should've screwed most of the girls a long time ago. I mean, what's stopping him?
They address this at some point in the novels. I forget when exactly, but it is brought up. But going into detail would be spoilers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 13:15   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They address this at some point in the novels. I forget when exactly, but it is brought up. But going into detail would be spoilers.
You don't need to spoil me, but I sure as hell hope that the answer is satisfactory when they reveal it in the future anime (which I'll check out as long as the show is not too cringeworthy and cheesy to the max).
Old 2017-10-22, 13:43   Link #53
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Oh, it's chuuni to the max. The author knows it and revels in making it almost over the top. It's more like Dragon Ball and Gundam having a love child with a thinly veiled layer of harem over it.

But regardless, the real answer to that is technically in this season.
Old 2017-10-22, 14:18   Link #54
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Oh, it's chuuni to the max. The author knows it and revels in making it almost over the top. It's more like Dragon Ball and Gundam having a love child with a thinly veiled layer of harem over it.

Don't forget pokemon and his hidden england literature boner.
Old 2017-10-22, 18:26   Link #55
The Green One

Welp, almost time for the next round of complaints about the anime.
Old 2017-10-22, 19:15   Link #56
Yye1
Wide Right

Is Risa Tamera still the voice of Xenovia?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 20:02   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 2017-10-22, 20:30   Link #58
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Well I'm more referring to the shouting of names for techniques and those said names or for forms and such. But the author isn't very good at English so some of them sound more chuuni than they should, I imagine.

This MC could get any fanservice deus ex machina but in the end he'd still be a goofball like Goku, so I suppose that might be favorable to you. It's not like Kino or Grimgar, but not as wish-fulfillment-y(?) as a few of the others you mentioned. The most apt comparison would definitely be Dragon Ball, which the author is an avid fan of.
Old 2017-10-23, 06:12   Link #59
The 48th Ronin

I saw the updates first on Reddit.

New studio? Wow, TNK fucked up real bad, eh?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 06:21   Link #60
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
I saw the updates first on Reddit.

New studio? Wow, the director fucked up real bad, eh?
Fixed.
He did admit that Yoshioka and Ishibumi were against it but he decided to go through with it (he said it on his tweet). Then his twitter received backlashes from many fans Tbh, I was enjoying reading those comments on his twitter rather than being made over season 3. I didnt like the changes but I wasnt that angry lol.

....Anime original contents happens alot but I guess there will always be so much hates in it. GTO is the only instance where I actually preferred the anime over the manga lol. The change made better sense than the original manga.

Another person on 2chan said that apparently the previous character designer for the anime, Gotou, actually had an argument with him regarding the changes because he wanted to continue being the character designer for future anime of dxd. Though this one didnt have a source to prove it so its not reliable info....