AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD Hero - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 3 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-23, 21:26   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD Hero - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD Hero, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 12:42   Link #2
Kirihara_R

With just only 2 episode , i already can say that this is much better than the season 3 (sorry for the anime viewers only) . In fact in my opinion if they continue to adapt it with this much accuracy then i think its not an exaggeration if this one surpass the 3 previous seasons as whole in terms of adaption
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 13:17   Link #3
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Matsuda and Motohama were a riot this episode.

And it's nice to see that they're still showing some things that BorN messed up, either by referencing them or showing quick flashbacks.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 13:51   Link #4
The End of Son
Contractor

It's a shame to see the damage Born did still remains. But it was overall a good episode with nice fanservice bits.
The End of Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 14:36   Link #5
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

I loved this episode, i dont like that they only referenced the satan rangers chapter but at least they confirmed it to be anime cannon but aside from that no complaints and all the compliments possible.
Old 2018-04-24, 17:07   Link #6
Raptor178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirihara_R View Post
With just only 2 episode , i already can say that this is much better than the season 3 (sorry for the anime viewers only) . In fact in my opinion if they continue to adapt it with this much accuracy then i think its not an exaggeration if this one surpass the 3 previous seasons as whole in terms of adaption
I don't believe that seasons 1 and 2 lose out on the adaptation category just yet. It's only episode 2. We have to wait and see.
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 18:25   Link #7
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Season 3 was a disaster make no mistake about it. They changed far too much. That being said you are giving this season far more credit then it deserves so far. Was the fanservice up to par yes but that's something DxD does well most of the time anyway so i don't judge it.
As for the scenes that you judge the story on I found that they were alright at best. Eisha looked pretty damn good i'll give them that and i damn near didn't recognize Serafall but the Rossweisse Issei scene didn't have nearly the pizazz i would've enjoyed and the lead up to the battle with the demons was blah as well. Outside of that i'm not gonna go nuts

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 22:05   Link #8
bakato

I initially liked the character designs but now I'm fighting the urge to vomit in the first minute. Xenovia looked hideous and the girls look like they're on the verge of devolving into blobs any second.
Old 2018-04-24, 22:09   Link #9
KnightShade

"nice proportions"

isseis meme faces have me dying this season
Old 2018-04-25, 00:06   Link #10
thefreakmike

You know Rossweisse is best girl material when she manages to steal the entire episode
Spoiler for Nice proportions:
Old 2018-04-25, 00:37   Link #11
Kirihara_R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor178 View Post
I don't believe that seasons 1 and 2 lose out on the adaptation category just yet. It's only episode 2. We have to wait and see.
Haha thats true , my post looks like a Im a bit hasty about my judgement but as you can see thats for the future thats why I said "If they continue doing it with this accuracy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Season 3 was a disaster make no mistake about it. They changed far too much. That being said you are giving this season far more credit then it deserves so far. Was the fanservice up to par yes but that's something DxD does well most of the time anyway so i don't judge it.
As for the scenes that you judge the story on I found that they were alright at best. Eisha looked pretty damn good i'll give them that and i damn near didn't recognize Serafall but the Rossweisse Issei scene didn't have nearly the pizazz i would've enjoyed and the lead up to the battle with the demons was blah as well. Outside of that i'm not gonna go nuts
Like I said above, thats for the future . Im not expecting it to be perfect because of the limit of what they can do but for me, I like what I seen so far so if they keep these up then theres no doubt about it in my opinion at least. As for the fight of ross and isse there's something missing so maybe thats the reason why you felt that way.

Anyway the fight scene so far look so well, looks like I can expect something big soon

Last edited by Kirihara_R; 2018-04-25 at 01:39.
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 03:10   Link #12
Lex79

Now I hope for an OAV with the Satan ranger's episode.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 07:38   Link #13
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
You know Rossweisse is best girl material when she manages to steal the entire episode
Spoiler for Nice proportions:
It's pretty easy to "steal" an episode when you consider that it's Rossweisse's "initiation" into the ero life.

Quote:

Like I said above, thats for the future . Im not expecting it to be perfect because of the limit of what they can do but for me, I like what I seen so far so if they keep these up then theres no doubt about it in my opinion at least. As for the fight of ross and isse there's something missing so maybe thats the reason why you felt that way.

Anyway the fight scene so far look so well, looks like I can expect something big soon
I don't expect perfection far from it. However i know that certain things should be done well and IMO they weren't in this episode.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 09:00   Link #14
The Green One

So am I the only one who thinks people are blowing this seasons art WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion? Way people are behaving you'd think the animatiors were using crudely drawn scribble art the way people are carrying on. Look I get it, you don't like the designs fine. But seriously, chill out ok?

Also enough about born. I get it, you think it's a burning dumpster fire. Let's move on.
Old 2018-04-25, 09:00   Link #15
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
It's pretty easy to "steal" an episode when you consider that it's Rossweisse's "initiation" into the ero life.

I don't expect perfection far from it. However i know that certain things should be done well and IMO they weren't in this episode.
And what are the things that need to be done?
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 17:57   Link #16
B214

Come to think of it.

Spoiler for Scene:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 17:59   Link #17
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

There is no kiss scene for Xenovia in Volume 9.
Old 2018-04-25, 18:40   Link #18
B214

Oh right that's 19.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 19:12   Link #19
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Oh right that's 19.
You're about 10 volumes off man.

Also, Motohama, that face of yours is all the fuel fangirls need to ship you with Matsuda...

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 00:18   Link #20
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So Issei already had a hot woman like Elsha hiding in his mind?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote