Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-15, 23:02   Link #1
Narberal
King of the Night

Wu Dong Qian Kun

Original Title: Wu Dong Qian Kun (武动乾坤)
Author: 天蚕土豆 (same Author that wrote BTTH and The Great Ruler)

Synopsis:
On the Journey of Self-cultivation, One Requires Control of Ying and Yang , Good Fortune, To Reach for Nirvana, Mastery over Life and Death, Power over Reincarnation. At the peak of Martial Arts, break the Heavens and shake the Universe!

Translation:Wu Dong Qian Kun
Raws: http://www.qidian.com/Book/2048120.aspx

OPNESS:
Spoiler:

Harem:
Spoiler:

Last edited by LKK; 2015-08-16 at 10:20. Reason: removed manhua links; they're not allowed
Narberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 02:44   Link #2
mc2011

Just find this one, and its a good read so far.
mc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 01:49   Link #3
whsie

There is a cultivation ranking in this and it's one of the more complex ones I've come across. I gave it a shot of translating the ranking system over at YellowLaw and thought it would be appropriate to transfer it over here as well. See below.

Spoiler for Cultivation Hierarchy:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 02:06   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

All these chinese novels are about cultivation huh... training and training... and training and training...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 02:11   Link #5
s.a.w..

You could read a story about ancient (fictional) politics if you don't like the training! I don't particularly look for them, but I'm sure they're out there.
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 02:26   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^well, just dun wanna be like Linley, Alice got NTR'ed coz he was a training baka... and then he became even more training baka..... tone down the training a bit will ya...

btw, all these novels have a clearly defined cultivation/evolution hierarchy, like anyone can be classified into something... and it's a public knowledge!

so like, those guys on 10th stage up there, they reincarnated and then publicly announced it? hei yo, this is the last stage, y'all can't kill moi~ I can keep spawning like online game! Final Stage yo!

Normally the world is full of unknown things... imho...
Old 2015-08-19, 02:38   Link #7
s.a.w..

Well yes, however take into account that the idea behind the levels is to separate qualitative and quantitative changes in practice. As such it is like oil: you start by processing liquid oil into a thicker liquid, then rubber, then you process it into plastic, etc... Take gas and compress it to a degree and you get liquid, and although generally the idea of compressing liquid to this degree is absurd, you compress liquid enough and it will become solid, and if you ignore all types of limitations you may be able to compress a solid to the degree that you imitate the state of matter that is only theoretical: stopping the movement of molecules in the object completely.
Old 2015-08-19, 03:06   Link #8
wuhugm
Confused Shark

exactly, just like those examples, we can't clearly define which one is more valuable... when we are in dire needs of rubber, plastic will drop in value...

but these levels in chinese just keep going up... nobody wants to be gasoline... everybody wants to be jet fuel.... people who stop at lower stages are dropouts... nobody can just say "I like my ability in 4th stage, dun wanna lvl up anymore"

That MC in Doulou Dalu should just try to be successful at farming with his blue grass... All these battle freaks don't care about anything but fighting.... fighting > training > be a god
How selfish are these people!? Respect those people who actually contributes to the world! The Farmers, The Builders, The Bureaucrats! And they be proud of being a gangster boss in actuality!

Sorry, I'm high..... the hell I'm saying.......
Old 2015-08-19, 03:26   Link #9
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^well, just dun wanna be like Linley, Alice got NTR'ed coz he was a training baka... and then he became even more training baka..... tone down the training a bit will ya...

btw, all these novels have a clearly defined cultivation/evolution hierarchy, like anyone can be classified into something... and it's a public knowledge!

so like, those guys on 10th stage up there, they reincarnated and then publicly announced it? hei yo, this is the last stage, y'all can't kill moi~ I can keep spawning like online game! Final Stage yo!

Normally the world is full of unknown things... imho...
LoL, Aline got NTR'ed because of money. Linley was rather attentive of her to be honest. He even offered to go live near her school so they could spend more time together. Unfortunately, the bitch sold herself because the other asshole had money.

I don't think the normal people actually know about the reincarnation thing. Why would they announce it to the World? It's obvious that the information about the 10th rank comes a lot later on in the story.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 09:57   Link #10
dragon1412

Quote:
exactly, just like those examples, we can't clearly define which one is more valuable... when we are in dire needs of rubber, plastic will drop in value...

but these levels in chinese just keep going up... nobody wants to be gasoline... everybody wants to be jet fuel.... people who stop at lower stages are dropouts... nobody can just say "I like my ability in 4th stage, dun wanna lvl up anymore"

That MC in Doulou Dalu should just try to be successful at farming with his blue grass... All these battle freaks don't care about anything but fighting.... fighting > training > be a god
How selfish are these people!? Respect those people who actually contributes to the world! The Farmers, The Builders, The Bureaucrats! And they be proud of being a gangster boss in actuality!

Sorry, I'm high..... the hell I'm saying.......
You actually describe the entire world of Xianxia and most Wuxia just now Frankly, sometimes you actually questioned why their world is still intact with all those fight and where the hell did they managed to get food everywhere if there is no one taking care of them, very few chinese novels i seen managed to escape from this pattern and per chance they did, these selected few still have rather weak world building.

when i read Xianxia, 1 always have the question that is where the heck did the hierachy came from and who on earth make it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 10:04   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
You actually describe the entire world of Xianxia and most Wuxia just now Frankly, sometimes you actually questioned why their world is still intact with all those fight and where the hell did they managed to get food everywhere if there is no one taking care of them, very few chinese novels i seen managed to escape from this pattern and per chance they did, these selected few still have rather weak world building.

when i read Xianxia, 1 always have the question that is where the heck did the hierachy came from and who on earth make it.
OhohOHH!!! What is this?! I can't believe this! Dragon is supporting my statement!? Is this a miracle?

Usually you were always on my ass, looking for a chance for incredible kancho

Well, being high sometimes bring fortunes ain't it
Old 2015-08-19, 10:20   Link #12
dragon1412

No i pretty sure i support whatever is reasonable.
Back on topic, frankly, this is precisely why every xianxia seem like a copy of each others. I didn't even comprehend how their world works. I mean, they break mountain after mountain as if they were sand castle, and magically, seem like plant is still able to grow despite living under that conditions. The hierarchy is also weird as well, when you found them fighting over something, it have to be an item that make them stronger, if they were to fight, the most likely reason is to prove i am stronger than you .... is there no one there actually thinking of anything beside training and xxx ???
Old 2015-08-19, 10:36   Link #13
wuhugm
Confused Shark

huehuehue...
When I realized that fact, I just changed my thought process to "Xianxia/Wuxia IS training and battle" just like Friendship to Shounen Jump

BUT!

Even if training and battle is the main theme, doesn't mean the other aspects must be sacrificed for it. I was happy when romance brought into the game... but in no time the training and battle submerged them again...

I don't know but it seems all these chinese authors are like fanbase of shaolin temple or something... training like hell and then becomes God... an actual God... the upper limit seems kinda way out there in limbo... Which institution even formulized this hierarchy... how many eons they researched humanity to discover a perfect evolutionary tree till mortal becomes immortal?

and because these are the stories of these gods and gods wannabe, by all means they have no time to think about mortals who actually behaves like proper civilization... they took everything for granted, for instant gratification, and then destroying everything without remorse....

......seems I'm still high.....
Old 2015-08-19, 10:48   Link #14
LevelSeven

Quote:
the funniest fact is that the "fighters" are actually respected figures, for what? dunno, they dont seem to do anything
on the other hand, all the people you mentioned get the "serve me or someone else"-card
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 11:25   Link #15
s.a.w..

In these worlds they have attacks by monsters, fighters protect from the monsters, as for food, these worlds are China based where they make up for quality with quantity. Simply put there is such a massive number of people that even if one percent is made up of fighters it is still a huge number.
Old 2015-08-19, 12:03   Link #16
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.a.w.. View Post
In these worlds they have attacks by monsters, fighters protect from the monsters, as for food, these worlds are China based where they make up for quality with quantity. Simply put there is such a massive number of people that even if one percent is made up of fighters it is still a huge number.
frankly, the fighters is actually do far more destruction and damaged compare to monster, we get to see when monster breath fire and stuff but 99% of the fighter is killing and destroying freaking mountains. And even the good guy among them cause enough collateral damage to put the monster into shame.
Old 2015-08-19, 12:11   Link #17
s.a.w..

What? I thought that was what heroes were supposed to do!

JK, but usually the mountains destroyed are out in the middle of nowhere. And most of the issues caused by fighters are them oppressing the people.
Old 2015-08-19, 18:37   Link #18
whsie

In regards to this training discussion, I will note that the vast, vast majority of of these Eastern Fantasy novels follow this type of framework. This significantly differs from the traditional chivalry/wuxia novels.

In the classics from Jin Yong (and Gu Long, Liang Yusheng), typically the goal is to achieve mastery over one type of martial art. Once mastery is achieved, the "ceiling" for that particular martial art is reached. In that sense, it's FAR more important in the traditional wuxia novels to find a strong martial arts manual than to just train, train, and train.

For example, Guo Jing from the Legend of the Condor Heroes basically became unbeatable with the 18 Dragon Subduing Palms and 9 Ying Sutra. Zhang Wuji from the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber basically became unbeatable within 5 years with the 9 Yang Sutra and Taiji Arts. In Xiao Li Fei Dao (Little Li Flying Daggers) from Gu Long, the MC just mastered the art of throwing daggers and became a top 3 figher. In all of these cases, the road to dominance lies in the martial art to train in. Once they obtain the martial art and master it, they're among the top 5 fighters in all of society. Because of this, the traditional wuxia authors typically has more time to focus on developing the actual plot, world, and relationships.

In comparison, because current Eastern Fantasy novels have a strict cultivation hierarchy, the author has to devote much more time writing about finding resources and training. In a way, it's much more RPG like.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 19:04   Link #19
s.a.w..

Just had a thought
Spoiler:
just a thought...
Old 2015-08-20, 12:32   Link #20
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
In comparison, because current Eastern Fantasy novels have a strict cultivation hierarchy, the author has to devote much more time writing about finding resources and training. In a way, it's much more RPG like.
I think it's half and half, in Japanese novel with RPG setting, rather than level, it's actually the skill and how the skill is used what makes the differences, in CN, however, from what i have seen, the hierarchy is so strict that made to only let a selected few break it. And basically, while Jp novel trying to make their skill as unique as possible, CN is just Kamehameha with different name.