AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-21, 01:37   Link #401
whsie

Personally, I would rather keep the information on the 1st flame under wraps. The existence of the 1st flame is too interrelated to the end story for even a spoiler. Instead, I would just say that no one even knows the true name of the 1st flame. Even the so called Essence Flame Ranking has a blank space at #1. People just know that the flame theoretically exists, but no one know what it is or even what it's called. In comparison, people know the name of the #2-#23 ranked flames.

Also, in relation to Xun Er,
Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 02:34   Link #402
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
This is a really rather end of story spoiler, but...
Spoiler:
Thank a lot for the answer, man I can't wait to get there but at the pace the manhua is going it's going to be a long wait.
Also does xiao yian master come back to life? And does he have a love interest too?
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 02:53   Link #403
whsie

Personally, I really dislike that spoiler for the 1st flame. That's too much information even for a spoiler because there are lots of end story plot points.

For Yao Chen....

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-08-21, 03:04   Link #404
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Personally, I really dislike that spoiler for the 1st flame. That's too much information even for a spoiler because there are lots of end story plot points.

For Yao Chen....

Spoiler for spoiler:
I on the other hand is very thankful for the spoiler cause I don't even know when I will be able to read it, just knowing the part of the ending isn't going to turn me away from it, in fact it brought up my excitement in wanting to know more, but to bad I will have to wait a long time.
Also thank a lot for your answer but I was hoping that the teacher would get his own love interest when he come back to life and not hang around xiao yian all the time. I wanted him to settle down at the end of the series too.

Last edited by luffyxnami; 2015-08-21 at 03:47.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 03:42   Link #405
iNeedToKnow

Quote:
Personally, I would rather keep the information on the 1st flame under wraps. The existence of the 1st flame is too interrelated to the end story for even a spoiler. Instead, I would just say that no one even knows the true name of the 1st flame. Even the so called Essence Flame Ranking has a blank space at #1. People just know that the flame theoretically exists, but no one know what it is or even what it's called. In comparison, people know the name of the #2-#23 ranked flames.

Also, in relation to Xun Er,
Spoiler for spoiler:
WHAT?! I need to re-read the manhua to see the flames!
Old 2015-08-21, 21:09   Link #406
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeedToKnow View Post
WHAT?! I need to re-read the manhua to see the flames!
Hint, hint. Look at the eyes.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-08-22, 01:50   Link #407
elroid

Quote:
In terms of when they were published, BTHV came first, then WDQK, then DZZ (currently). In terms of actual chronological order, it seems BTHV and WDQK were occurring about about the same time.

My response was to the notion that readers could skip WDQK and go onto DZZ because WDQK is just a retread of BTHV. I disagree with that notion because I thought WDQK had better writing and better flushed out relationships. Also, WDQK is in many ways far better linked to DZZ than BTHV.

The issue with WDQK was the structure of the arcs. Some- such as the the Great Dynasty Competition- were too long and unnecessary. However, relationship wise, I found myself much more invested with the various characters. Unlike Xiao Yan who had his teacher as a safety valve for roughly 20%-30% of the story, Lin Dong was almost always on the edge with little help. In some ways, the world within WDQK is much crueler and realistic.

Spoiler for relationships:
Personally, while I think overall the story/development of WDQK is quite interesting, I think DPCQ was actually more realistic or crueler than WDQK. While DPCQ has more characters helping Xiao Yan to counter those higher level ppl in most times, starting from WDQK, the author seems to focus more with competing with ppl from same age/generation. This has became more obvious when in DZZ as so far I don't really remember if there's more than 3 major battles with ppl much elder than him even though now it has reached 1k+ chapters already. That said, Xiao Yan's power boost and mixed lotus that allows him to challenge those higher level ppl is pretty broken too...

imo the romance in WDQK is abit weak too when compared to DPCQ. But maybe that's just because I prefer if theres more interactions to build up the romance.
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 02:29   Link #408
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
Personally, while I think overall the story/development of WDQK is quite interesting, I think DPCQ was actually more realistic or crueler than WDQK. While DPCQ has more characters helping Xiao Yan to counter those higher level ppl in most times, starting from WDQK, the author seems to focus more with competing with ppl from same age/generation. This has became more obvious when in DZZ as so far I don't really remember if there's more than 3 major battles with ppl much elder than him even though now it has reached 1k+ chapters already. That said, Xiao Yan's power boost and mixed lotus that allows him to challenge those higher level ppl is pretty broken too...

imo the romance in WDQK is abit weak too when compared to DPCQ. But maybe that's just because I prefer if theres more interactions to build up the romance.
So if DZZ is the latest in the timeline, what happens to the respective love interest and or kids of the other two MC?
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 03:13   Link #409
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post

The general mood and setting of WDQK is more realistic and cruel. There is a darker and grittier feel to the story. As bad as things got in BTTH, there were hardly any moment in which you can truly feel the desperation of Xiao Yan. In WDQK, there were several moments when you thought "oh sh*t, he's screwed."

About Xiao Yan fighting people greater than him, I still believe Lin Dong fought his share of elders. Of course Xiao Yan fought more. Heck, he sometimes fought ENTIRE sects. However, I think that's because Xiao Yan has the more overpowered skill set and not because BTTH is more realistic. Xiao Yan's Blaze Mantra and Buddhist Rage Lotus really allows him to fight above his weight class. Those are two skill sets that he carries from the beginning toward the end-story. In comparison, Lin Dong never had that one flagship skill he could rely on from the beginning. He really has to constantly pick up new skills and mix his skills.

I do agree that DZZ's (aka The Great Ruler) combats are mostly confined to the peers. However, I wouldn't say that it's unrealistic so to speak but rather he has more protection throughout the series. Of call the main characters, Mu Chen has the most protection and support from his elders. Mu Chen's responsibility is to only focus on his peers, while the seniors fought the seniors.

Quote:
what happens to the respective love interest and or kids of the other two MC?
They hardly show up in DZZ. Supposedly a decade plus has passed. Both of the MCs have already reached the pinnacle of the Upper World. This is more of a story that focuses on the development of the new character- Mu Chen. It's highly likely that the two MCs from the old novels haven't officially shown up yet because the MC has yet to reach the required level. Thus far, we've been mostly restricted to seeing brief appearances from the children of the two old MCs.
Old 2015-08-22, 03:18   Link #410
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
So if DZZ is the latest in the timeline, what happens to the respective love interest and or kids of the other two MC?
Ops, was suppose to reply in WDQK novel thread but didn't notice the quote links here lol

Anyway, the mc of DZZ became good friend with the kids of the other 2 novel MCs. So far they have only worked together in 1 arc and part their own ways after that so for now there's still no sign of love interest involved yet. So far they were only very impressed by that DZZ mc and acknowledges him as good friend or partner.

Quote:
The general mood and setting of WDQK is more realistic and cruel. There is a darker and grittier feel to the story. As bad as things got in BTTH, there were hardly any moment in which you can truly feel the desperation of Xiao Yan. In WDQK, there were several moments when you thought "oh sh*t, he's screwed."

About Xiao Yan fighting people greater than him, I still believe Lin Dong fought his share of elders. Of course Xiao Yan fought more. Heck, he sometimes fought ENTIRE sects. However, I think that's because Xiao Yan has the more overpowered skill set and not because BTTH is more realistic. Xiao Yan's Blaze Mantra and Buddhist Rage Lotus really allows him to fight above his weight class. Those are two skill sets that he carries from the beginning toward the end-story. In comparison, Lin Dong never had that one flagship skill he could rely on from the beginning. He really has to constantly pick up new skills and mix his skills.

I do agree that DZZ's (aka The Great Ruler) combats are mostly confined to the peers. However, I wouldn't say that it's unrealistic so to speak but rather he has more protection throughout the series. Of call the main characters, Mu Chen has the most protection and support from his elders. Mu Chen's responsibility is to only focus on his peers, while the seniors fought the seniors.
Yeah, I agree that WDQK's flow was darker or heavier. But for me, the desperation aspect are about the same for both novels. Lin Dong did fight a number of seniors, but for the most part in first 75%-ish of the story, their grudge mostly began from Lin Dong defeating their peers instead. So for me DPCQ is a bit more realistic in the aspect that Xiao Yan became hostile with the upper rank/seniors of a faction right from the start. As for DZZ/Mu Chen, I don't actually mind it while reading. But somehow it just shocks me when I realized that fact when it reaches the current length.

I think in DZZ it was mentioned that Lin Dong is now a master in using ice abilities. So perhaps he went back to his world once to retrieve those 8 ancestor runes or cultivated his own set by himself. Still waiting for the author to update his DZZ Lin Dong side story... So far I have only read the first chapter...

Last edited by elroid; 2015-08-22 at 04:32.
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 15:11   Link #411
saw2097

Well the manhua has finally caught up to the raws, so its going to turn to one chapter a week from now on.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 23:57   Link #412
hefaith

Time to continue the light novel then
hefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 23:58   Link #413
Pierre

Regarding WQDK, the little purple hair girl doesn't die does she? someone mentioned that it was darker than BTTH. I figured she would be the love interest.

Also can someone explain the relationships. Chinese is confusing, I had a few buddies from China, and they use familial terminology a lot more loosely than in the west.

So if I understand it, the old dude with the beard had at least 3 sons, the youngest of which is the father of the mc, and the second oldest is the father of the blue haired kid. Is that right? Meaning that the blue hair kid and mc are first cousins.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 07:09   Link #414
hefaith

A question guys right before xiao yan enters the academy they showed this creepy dude saying that master has returned, is he referring to yao lao and does he show up later?
Old 2015-08-24, 10:05   Link #415
s.a.w..

Regarding WQDK there are a minimum of five second generation clansmen, the fatty is the son of "5th uncle". Go to the web novel section and check out the dedicated thread, you will find many things there.
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 00:59   Link #416
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefaith View Post
Time to continue the light novel then
at which chapter are we in the web novel to read ahead of chap132?
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 13:26   Link #417
hefaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigos View Post
at which chapter are we in the web novel to read ahead of chap132?
The light novel is not ahead of Ch.132 but it does provide more details as to what has happened, like for example :

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-09-01, 01:49   Link #418
rickiminato

How many dúo ancestors,dou zhu and dúo saint are in the novel?
What is the dou level more dificult to advance?
Old 2015-09-10, 07:04   Link #419
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Just asking wht the school reaction on missing their essence flame?
Do anybody know the MC absorb it and has more than 1 essence flame?
wht happen to the school after the flame rampage incident?
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 15:57   Link #420
cadu_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Just asking wht the school reaction on missing their essence flame?
Do anybody know the MC absorb it and has more than 1 essence flame?
wht happen to the school after the flame rampage incident?
Spoiler: