AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-08-31, 03:16   Link #41
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Dunno about A-class.. I remember on of their members or zealots comming in Lunar and causing a scene... only to be smacked down by a rizon channel operator =p funny stuff... So in that reguard.. not respecting established vets is a definate turn off. As for their fansubs... A lot could be desired and I personally question their motives... picking up all these popular series that are oversubbed to death... not orginal.. we'll see when Fall season rolls around.
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 03:18   Link #42
luckysingh

heh well thats the good part good series from 1 group to watch from is awesome ^_^ dont have to go anywhere else ! and i only like SC and Naruto
luckysingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 03:34   Link #43
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Problem is that better groups do thoes shows, AonE, Ani-Kraze,AF-F,ANBU etc. <deleted>. ending karaoke lacked English TL entirely... that in my book is just not acceptable. If your gonna go and fansub a show... Do it All the way/right (granted there are expections). Anyway, I'm beating a dead horse here. Perhaps when this group matures, I'll take them seriously but for now, they are like every other speed-subber out there, not worthy of my precious DL bandwith ^__^

Last edited by xris; 2004-08-31 at 04:51. Reason: Kepp on talking about licensed fansubs and the post/thread will be deleted
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 07:59   Link #44
Killerattacks

No one can tell me, that when a Naruto episode gets released a day after airing, that it went through qc and had several reencodes for best video quality. After all you have to get the raw, trans the whole episode, time it, style it, shift the karaoke, edit it and encode it and 24hours are nothing.
Therefore i would rather say "good speedsub group" instead of "A-class group".
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 10:37   Link #45
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
No one can tell me, that when a Naruto episode gets released a day after airing, that it went through qc and had several reencodes for best video quality. After all you have to get the raw, trans the whole episode, time it, style it, shift the karaoke, edit it and encode it and 24hours are nothing.
Therefore i would rather say "good speedsub group" instead of "A-class group".
If you know what you are doing when you encode you won't need to encode 2 or 3 times to get "best quality"....>.>....altho what the A-H encoder is doing is not looking very "knowledgeable" being tthat he changes the 4cc to DX50 yes leaves Packeting on.....NOT a very smart thing to do....
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:34   Link #46
luckysingh

SCR512 <- we are talkin about naruto here ^_^ :P and yes outlaw55 A-H did mess up the encode of ep 98 i dunno if it was the raw but i am pretty sure it was anywayz u cant find HQ sub and video within 24hours ? heh
Old 2004-08-31, 22:19   Link #47
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysingh
SCR512 <- we are talkin about naruto here ^_^ :P and yes outlaw55 A-H did mess up the encode of ep 98 i dunno if it was the raw but i am pretty sure it was anywayz u cant find HQ sub and video within 24hours ? heh
you CAN, but it is hard as hell, when I was in lunar we did it for Onegai Twins, there would be OCCASIONAL errors to slip by in EDITING, but encode and stuff would be very good.
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 22:47   Link #48
jonny-mt
どこ見てるのよ?

Call my a cynic, but I have to ask...what's your angle? I looked up all of your posts on this board, and virtually all of them are outright praise for A-H's Naruto releases, with the remainder being comparisons of other Naruto versions, usually with a comment about A-H thrown in for good measure. Considering there's already a thread about this topic, I gotta ask why you chose to start a new one with a post consisting of even more praise from you?

I mean, there are groups that have a special place in my heart because of the work they've done (ala Solar's sub of Jubei-Chan 2 before it was licensed), but that's because they really went above and beyond in delivering their quality...while A-H has certainly developed into a competent team from what I've seen, they do not exactly stand out in the same manner; at this point in the Naruto subbing game, it's pretty much down to a matter of personal preference. You have expressed yours exhaustively on this board, and the fact that you started a new thread to continue this strikes me as more than a little odd.

In other words, defend the existence of this thread.
jonny-mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 02:09   Link #49
luckysingh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-mt
Call my a cynic, but I have to ask...what's your angle? I looked up all of your posts on this board, and virtually all of them are outright praise for A-H's Naruto releases, with the remainder being comparisons of other Naruto versions, usually with a comment about A-H thrown in for good measure. Considering there's already a thread about this topic, I gotta ask why you chose to start a new one with a post consisting of even more praise from you?

I mean, there are groups that have a special place in my heart because of the work they've done (ala Solar's sub of Jubei-Chan 2 before it was licensed), but that's because they really went above and beyond in delivering their quality...while A-H has certainly developed into a competent team from what I've seen, they do not exactly stand out in the same manner; at this point in the Naruto subbing game, it's pretty much down to a matter of personal preference. You have expressed yours exhaustively on this board, and the fact that you started a new thread to continue this strikes me as more than a little odd.

In other words, defend the existence of this thread.
LOL! iread it again i was bored ANY i talk about AonE anbu and other anime channs but not on this board and i talk about whoever i want to talk about ;D
Old 2004-09-01, 02:20   Link #50
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-mt
Thanks for pointing that out. One thread about the greatness of Anime-Heaven is quite enough.

Threads merged.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 06:39   Link #51
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
If you know what you are doing when you encode you won't need to encode 2 or 3 times to get "best quality
Tell that to my sharpen filter which decides to over-sharpen when I tell it to sharpen mildly and undersharpen/soften when I tell it to do a decent sharpen ^^
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:18   Link #52
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
Dunno about A-class.. I remember on of their members or zealots comming in Lunar and causing a scene... only to be smacked down by a rizon channel operator =p funny stuff... So in that reguard.. not respecting established vets is a definate turn off. As for their fansubs... A lot could be desired and I personally question their motives... picking up all these popular series that are oversubbed to death... not orginal.. we'll see when Fall season rolls around.
I have it on good authority that that wasn't an actual member of AH, it was some idiot trying to make them look bad.

I can't speak for the rest of the members, but the team that edits Naruto has nothing but respect for the vast majority of the established groups, and we know we're not going to be able to compete with Anbu or AonE in terms of quality. We're just trying to do the best job we can in the shortest amount of time so people can get their Naruto fix ASAP.
lanfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 08:32   Link #53
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfear
I have it on good authority that that wasn't an actual member of AH, it was some idiot trying to make them look bad.
I disagree. I think it is YOU who is trying to make ME look bad.
O_O!?
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 13:08   Link #54
Antonik

not really underrated when they get like 50,000 downloads
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 13:11   Link #55
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik
not really underrated when they get like 50,000 downloads
Try 100,000...somebody must like us.
Old 2004-09-02, 15:48   Link #56
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
If by "us" you mean Naruto, then I would agree. Don't underestimate the amount of speedleechers who don't care what group gets it out first.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 15:55   Link #57
luckysingh

Whoa ! 100000 downloads on ep 98 a.scarywater.com/animeheaven
Old 2004-09-02, 15:57   Link #58
Jed
AonE

Hi LordBrian!
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 18:13   Link #59
bayoab

Quote:
No, they just get whats first. That is proven because the v2 has 5000 downloads. Obviously thats 95000 people that do not care about what ever you did wrong with that episode, just that you were first.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 18:40   Link #60
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
No, they just get whats first. That is proven because the v2 has 5000 downloads. Obviously thats 95000 people that do not care about what ever you did wrong with that episode, just that you were first.
I realize that the main reason AH gets so many downloads is because of the fast release time. As I said, we aren't really trying to compete with groups like Anbu and AonE in terms of quality.