Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-04-08, 10:57   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

[The Mittani] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Leaked

So this will be the sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and will once again feature ADAM MUTHAFRAKKING JENSEN in a story that bridges Human Revolution and the original Deus Ex.

I didn't ask for this... but I'll take it

And some more collated info about the game from sources like NeoGAF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE:MD info
-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-Added a lot of diversity to the environments
-Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
•Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
•Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
•C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
•PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consumed a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
-Certain elements of the environment now react to combat
Game will be out for PC, PS4 and XB1.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2015-04-08 at 11:09.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 11:07   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I sort of asked for this.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 11:13   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

REVEAL TRAILER

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2015-04-08 at 11:27. Reason: Replaced vid
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 11:27   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hold on, I need the right video response for this trailer. Luckly a friend showed me it today.

But seriously, this looks hype as all hell.

Shit just got 40% cooler.
Old 2015-04-08, 11:27   Link #5
Mentar
Banned

So, no april fools message. Nice!

Let's hope that they manage to not f*ck this up like the Director's Cut. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 11:59   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
REVEAL TRAILER
Damned, he didn't say it!

I had fake money betting on this as well!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 12:14   Link #7
com_gwp

Goddamn, Jensen went from a man who punched walls to friggin' RAIDEN.

Courtesy of Neogaf
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 16:05   Link #8
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I didn't ask for this, I begged for it. Pretty excited! This instantly climbed to #2 on my anticipated, confirmed games.
Old 2015-04-08, 17:22   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Goddamn, Jensen went from a man who punched walls to friggin' RAIDEN.

Courtesy of Neogaf
Hey Neogaf, I'm pretty sure the first game did that for the TRAILER too. =\
Old 2015-04-08, 18:38   Link #10
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hey Neogaf, I'm pretty sure the first game did that for the TRAILER too. =\
I think some folks over at Neogaf forgot that it's Deus Ex, not Thief
Hopefully Eidos Montreal can improve further on the previous game. DE:HR was solid but poor boss design, over emphasis on stealth and poor ending kinda dampens what would be an excellent game.

Now if only they drop Adam Jensen and let us plays as a customized character, this would have been the GitS game that we never got.
Old 2015-04-08, 18:58   Link #11
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I actually wished for a game with Paul Denton as a protagonist set before the 1st Deus Ex, but looks like Eidos won't touch the original's universe again. I always welcome for more Jensen, though.
Old 2015-04-08, 19:12   Link #12
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

This looks so baller. Cannot wait, but I do agree that the trailer seemed a bit action heavy over what I remember other trailers being like. He did have the cloak at some point. Still, it is completely bad ass. Total lack of Sarif makes me wonder if Jensen is on a bit of a crusade here (since he is going all Batman).

Dunno if anyone else noticed, but could you say the... surface plot... is a bit of a commentary on "recent" issues. I don't really want to get into a discussion on that sort of thing, since this thread isn't really the place I'd say. But it was something that kind of jumped out at me after I watched it.
Old 2015-04-08, 20:07   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, action has always been one of the three gameplay pillars of Deus Ex, alongside stealth and social interaction. Despite what some may think, Deus Ex is not a stealth franchise. You can play it stealthy if you want to, but you don't have to.
Old 2015-04-08, 23:41   Link #14
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Total lack of Sarif makes me wonder if Jensen is on a bit of a crusade here (since he is going all Batman).
Isn't Sarif the hoodie guy bowing to the aug leader on stage? I could be wrong but it looks like him, sans the addition of those orange gems on his face.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:31   Link #15
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nah, he is too young to be Sarif, and his augs don't match up to what Sarif had.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was kinda annoying to find a good Sarif image (from the twenty seconds of Google-fu I put into it).

If anything Hoodie Guy looks like Jensen to me, like a brother or something. Fill in the beard over the 5 o'clock shadow he has going.
Old 2015-04-09, 00:42   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

No details on estimated release date?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:44   Link #17
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nothing official yet, but probably either Christmas or next (US) summer I'd say.
Old 2015-04-09, 02:12   Link #18
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Nice trailer, i hope they revamp how the xp work and the energy bar.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 04:28   Link #19
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, the energy bar was annoying, I forgot about that because in subsequent playthroughs I just modded it to fill right up.
Old 2015-04-09, 15:09   Link #20
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Dunno if anyone else noticed, but could you say the... surface plot... is a bit of a commentary on "recent" issues. I don't really want to get into a discussion on that sort of thing, since this thread isn't really the place I'd say. But it was something that kind of jumped out at me after I watched it.
Not really, DE:HR already had faction against trans-human in the story and this is just the continuation of that storyline. Not to mention if you consider how long it takes to develop an AAA budget game, the story is probably already done atleast 1 to 2 years ago.