AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-07, 18:15   Link #81
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Its bad to have hope about seeing old Hei again in the second half of this second season?... he can clean himself in order to achieve a mission or something...
Old 2009-11-07, 22:06   Link #82
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
Its bad to have hope about seeing old Hei again in the second half of this second season?... he can clean himself in order to achieve a mission or something...
i totally have to agree with you there. i am hoping something along the lines of how Hei got trapped in the truck section 3 will get him to meet up with Misaki and she will snap him out of his funk. i also think that Hei getting his powers back lies with the meteor fragment that Souou wears around her neck
Old 2009-11-08, 10:07   Link #83
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
I got shocked, watching Hei personality changes. I more like Hei with short hair, eating food so much rather than drinking beer "sigh"

I really wanted Hei old-self back
Old 2009-11-19, 21:37   Link #84
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
heheh i read some funny post from 4chan... do you know about guys saying that they are... heisexuals? .... its another GAR level
Old 2009-11-22, 09:55   Link #85
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I really miss the old Hei. His new personality (and looks) just aren't as awesome, so I shake my head at whatever exactly did this to him

And... he looks like kind of like... Kaji!! But minus the awesome! ... which is a bit lame. Hope he returns back to normal before the end of this season.
Old 2009-11-22, 12:04   Link #86
u43368
Disabled By Request

Annoying Suou stole the spotlight of Hei in this season. Hopefully he'll get back in shape and shank that stupid girl
Old 2009-11-22, 12:09   Link #87
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

To be fair, I quite like Suoh... but at the moment, I'm just not quite seeing where the show is going and what Suoh is in it for.
It's as if it lacks a bit of focus, and the new Hei needs to recover- but all this might change in the next episodes, I hope.
Old 2009-11-22, 23:57   Link #88
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I think it's inevitable for Hei to return to his old self. He's changing bit by bit through his interaction with Suou.

Whether or not he'll get his coat and mask back is another matter though. A groom though, is very possible.
Old 2009-11-23, 01:33   Link #89
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I think it's inevitable for Hei to return to his old self. He's changing bit by bit through his interaction with Suou.

Whether or not he'll get his coat and mask back is another matter though. A groom though, is very possible.
You got it . I think Hei's development thus far has been somewhat unorthodox, instead of really developing he is more on the steps of recovering (fitting for an alcoholic lol). Through out the series he started eating and cooking again, quit drinking and I think eventually he'll be the black reaper once again.
Old 2009-11-23, 01:56   Link #90
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
You got it . I think Hei's development thus far has been somewhat unorthodox, instead of really developing he is more on the steps of recovering (fitting for an alcoholic lol). Through out the series he started eating and cooking again, quit drinking and I think eventually he'll be the black reaper once again.
The manga did mention that he's running low of daggers and masks too. So it would seem that he lost his last set (and coat) in season 2, and had to resort to hobo purple jacket.
Old 2009-11-23, 02:02   Link #91
JackRydden224

Quote:
The manga did mention that he's running low of daggers and masks too. So it would seem that he lost his last set (and coat) in season 2, and had to resort to hobo purple jacket.
I remember that.

I think another reason is practicality. He is trying to stay under the radar so that get up is sorta out of the question. At the moment is he much better off as just some random dude with a purple jacket who needs a shave
Old 2009-11-23, 06:35   Link #92
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

... I'm sure he could've found, well, a less nasty jacket! But then he wouldn't look like a hobo, and then we wouldn't be as relieved and appreciating when he does recover
Old 2009-11-23, 12:53   Link #93
jonli
JONLIの憂'

His purple jacket is nasty, i mean it could've been red or blue and he would still be a hobo but less ugly.
Old 2009-11-23, 22:54   Link #94
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Hobo's have no fashion sense.

What did you expect? lol

I hope Hei's recovery is EPIC.
I mean, badass epic
Old 2009-11-23, 23:24   Link #95
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
Hobo's have no fashion sense.

What did you expect? lol

I hope Hei's recovery is EPIC.
I mean, badass epic
Yeah, I'd love that...

I'm just hoping that the show's not gonna be too focused on Suou to give Hei a good moment... I'd strangle Suou if she steals any more of Hei's spotlight...
Old 2009-11-24, 00:02   Link #96
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Yeah, I'd love that...

I'm just hoping that the show's not gonna be too focused on Suou to give Hei a good moment... I'd strangle Suou if she steals any more of Hei's spotlight...
In case you haven't caught it yet, Suou is closely involved with Hei's recovery. She is connected to all of his recovery thus far and she WILL be a part of all future ones, too. She is, after all, the heroine of the story.
Old 2009-11-24, 12:38   Link #97
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Just wait for the last two episodes... in my experience, in a series that's only 12/13 episodes, the last two are always the best (at least compared to the rest of the series). So expect the old Hei badassness to be completely back in the end... the hard part is waiting that long

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-11-24, 17:16   Link #98
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Why don't hobos have fashion sense? They're modern too! The other day I saw one making a call on his iphone!
Don't underestimate today's hobos!

Yea, waiting is hard, especially since S2 seems generally slow-paced, but I agree, the finale will probably be awesome!
Old 2009-11-25, 00:36   Link #99
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Why don't hobos have fashion sense? They're modern too! The other day I saw one making a call on his iphone!
Don't underestimate today's hobos!

Yea, waiting is hard, especially since S2 seems generally slow-paced, but I agree, the finale will probably be awesome!
I doubt someone with an iphone is a hobo....
Old 2009-11-25, 03:33   Link #100
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
I doubt someone with an iphone is a hobo....
could be stolen?

come on i love Hei's purple Jacket its circa 1980's. first it was electro pop coming back and now we have Hei trying to bring the 80's fluro clothing back.

Tags
characters