AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-30, 08:09   Link #101
AC-Phoenix
Detective

It's going to be something silly like her being a track-race fan and having watched his accident.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-30, 17:39   Link #102
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
He was such a horrible guy in high school, but became a political figure after all that.
So not much changed huh
Old 2021-05-01, 07:19   Link #103
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt Reona is bullshitting him. If there was a relatively easy way to start over, there wouldn't be only one person in the entire country (I don't remember if it got a global release) who completed the game. Not to mention Ginji wouldn't have chosen to remain stuck in jail for ten years.

We have no clue how their systems work, and it's probably not something the author has put a lot of thought into. It's one of those things we're supposed to roll with.
Not everyone has a sufficiently strong electro magnet to wipe a hard drive at home (I don't for one).
As far as I can see I'm also the only one in this thread who questioned whether one would do the job, so people may simply not think about it.
Nevertheless, it's unrealistic that the guy bought enough consoles to cover that many routes and get different outcomes.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-05-01, 18:45   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Nevertheless, it's unrealistic that the guy bought enough consoles to cover that many routes and get different outcomes.
I assumed beating the game allows you to start over.
Old 2021-05-02, 00:25   Link #105
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I assumed beating the game allows you to start over.
New Game + option, but consider the game is supposed to be going for realism, it's probably just a new game without the + option.
Old 2021-05-02, 10:45   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
New Game + option, but consider the game is supposed to be going for realism, it's probably just a new game without the + option.
Exactly what I was thinking. Definitely not the kind of game that would allow a new game +, but new game without + is highly likely.
Old 2021-05-02, 22:51   Link #107
VDZ

Quote:
They said it's saved on the console, not the Server.

As for the second part.:

If you are out of warranty with a, if you had it new when the game came out, 10 year old console, it's the better solution. Especially since a new one it costs 90'000 yen.

Ther eis also factory resetting, so Renoa's bill doesn't really work. But as said, she is most likely BSing him.
It could be both on the console and on the server. For example, Spelunky 2's primary protection against doing the same daily challenge twice is client-side: It stores in your save file which daily you last played, and will not allow you to select 'Daily Challenge' if you already did it that day. However, if you manipulate your save data to remove that, it will let you into the Daily Challenge screen. Once the game would actually start, however, the server rejects your attempt and you are returned to the main menu instead. Whether you've done the daily is stored on your hard disk, but there's also an additional check server-side.

You're also making assumptions about the console itself, which is fictional and something we don't know the specs of. There are certain areas of console storage (for example, the storage used for firmware) that users cannot access without modding their console. It's not implausible that whatever future-VR-console Kiwami Quest runs on allows specific games to write to protected storage the user cannot access via the console's OS.

Lastly, and what would seem most likely to me, is that the data stored on the console might actually just be the access key for the player's account. Consider that, for example, the server could create an account based on the player's console ID (in much the same way modern console games create accounts based on the player's profile; consider the console ID the 'username') and that account requires the access key (consider it a 'password') to log in to the account. All you would accomplish by wiping the data, then, would be that you lose access to your account entirely.

There are countless possible ways this could work, and considering it's fictional technology, it makes zero sense to claim the system can't work by making assumptions based on current real-life technology.

Quote:
Not everyone has a sufficiently strong electro magnet to wipe a hard drive at home (I don't for one).
As far as I can see I'm also the only one in this thread who questioned whether one would do the job, so people may simply not think about it.
You can use a magnet to destroy your data, yes. You just also happen to destroy your hard drive while doing so. (Depending on the strength of the magnet and how thorough you are it might just have severe malfunctions but still function correctly, but then you also run the risk of not having destroyed all the data. The proper way to fully erase data for consumers is to delete the files and then overwrite the space it used several times ('shredding'), the proper way to destroy top secret data is to simply destroy the disk itself.) While theoretically (but not practically) it could be possible to build some device to use a magnet to very carefully erase data, it would be infinitely easier to just reverse engineer the hardware (if even necessary) and interface with it properly.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-05, 10:01   Link #108
Frontier

So the guard do their due diligence and realize what happened to Martin was an accident, so Hiro ends up being cleared. But not in the court of public opinion that still view him as trash, and seems like that will stick for two months .

Is this Tesla guy (voiced by Satoshi Hino?) on the level? He seemed to genuinely help Hiro without asking anything in return, but will something happen when Hiro seeks his help ?

Reona really is terrible at giving him advice and trying to get him to rob old people. All she cares about is living out her unique and weird fantasy experience vicariously through Hiro playing the game, no matter how much pain Hiro has to go through to do it .

Ginji knows who Reona is? The "jiggly fairy?" (how appropriate). How many people has Reona tried to swindle into completing this game ?

Hiro finally has enough and fights Ginji, which basically leads to him taking all of Ginji's money. I mean, I can't say Ginji didn't have it coming, but Reona seems to indicate part of the reason he's still like this is because he's haunted by killing his childhood friends who haunt him like Martin hunted Hiro. Is Martin going to prevent Hiro from killing anyone ?

Once again Hiro thinking with his dick gets him into trouble where he goes for a cute girl merchant who ends up swindling him out of all his money, which...is basically also Reona, as he realizes not long after .

Reona wouldn't shut up about Hiro needing smoke bombs, and then he fails to realize you have to actually light the smoke bombs in this game, not just throw them. He should know better by this point .

Of course Alicia was waiting in the house for Hiro to come back so she could kill him, but Mizarisa flies in to save her precious bed-wetter. Not what Hiro was expecting at all. Guess we've got a fight between sadistic yandere's coming up .
Old 2021-05-05, 14:07   Link #109
Gerard07

Hello everyone!!!!, I integrate me to the forum, sorry if my English is bad, I'm still learning.
Seen the anime, I liked the anime, the plot and the characters, to wait for the next chapters.
It may be a lot to ask for, but for those of you who know the novel, could you give me some clues as to how Hiro and Reona's relationship plays out?
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-05, 18:57   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reona's "you're not a ninja, you have to lit the fuse before throwing a smoke bomb!" got a good laugh out of me because... I totally thought it would work like that too since that's how it works in pretty much every anime

Reona sure is having a lot of fun watching Hiro struggle. And I'm having a lot fun watching her, she's so sexy in every shot. Her personality is definitely rotten though.

Hiro fell for another honey trap, but at least this one didn't end up costing him that much.
Old 2021-05-05, 19:18   Link #111
Wandering Soul

Ginji screwed Hiro over, I can't say I felt any sympathy for him when Hiro beating him up, but he may be helpful down the line so I can see why Hiro should patch things up with him.

That smoke bomb joke was pretty funny. Just like Hiro, I thought the bomb would go off just fine too.
Old 2021-05-05, 19:34   Link #112
Frontier

Quote:
Reona sure is having a lot of fun watching Hiro struggle. And I'm having a lot fun watching her, she's so sexy in every shot. Her personality is definitely rotten though.
They certainly picked the perfect sexy fairy outfit to show off every inch of her amazing body .
Old 2021-05-05, 21:21   Link #113
grecefar

to be honest the only funny moments I'm enjoying are when alicia shows up, reona is just there to bully and add more salt to mc wound in every turn, is getting annoying.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 07:28   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I feel Hiro isn't quite dumb enough to qualify as a comical idiot protagonist, yet too stupid to be sympathetic.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-11, 23:44   Link #115
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Since the Japanese Deku is voicing our lead guy, I could see Justin "Deku" Briner also voicing our lead guy for an Eng. version.
Old 2021-05-12, 10:01   Link #116
Frontier

Poor Hiro is stuck between two crazy women, and on-top of that he still smells like pee .

Just when Hiro keeps thinking he might want Mizarisa to join his party, she says something to ruin it. I mean, she seems pretty powerful and skilled, but I wouldn't trust her not to stab him while he's sleeping .

Mizarisa has the skills of an Inquisitor and the strength of her saw sword behind her, but Alicia's got the reflexes and tactical mind of a yandere going for her .

It's kind of funny watching Matsuoka talk about dealing with childhood friends after watching an episode of Osamake .

Hiro assumes Kamui was advising him to use a girls greatest weakness...touching her boobs. Except apparently Alicia is old enough and had her boobs touched so much by that point that it doesn't even bother her. So are we to assume Hiro in the past of this game has felt her boobs up ton before then so she's basically immune? Jeez, this game screwed him over from experience the best part of his character .

Of course then Hiro finally realizes that a childhood friend's greatest weakness is getting confessed to, but while it does stop Alicia from trying to kill him, it doesn't repair their relationship because there's still the specter of Martin having over it and the fact that Hiro didn't just kill Martin but also ran away from having to deal with it like he ran away from all his problems...well, okay, Alicia turning into a yandere is part of the reason he ran away, but still .

And it's then that Hiro realizes that he needs to stop treating the people in the game as NPC's, but as actual people, and he does right by Martin by honoring their friendship and taking Martin with him, which allows Martin to finally pass on .

So is that child backstory generic or formulated from what you do in-game? Does every player have their own backstory the game flashes back to at certain points? Are all child versions of the players such doofuses ?

Man, Reona really does like killing the mood with her comments .

Uh oh, just when Hiro has finally freed himself from Martin, it's time for the plot of this game to kick into high gear for once! Guess the goblins are attacking the town .
Old 2021-05-12, 11:52   Link #117
grecefar

Finally some progress and he got a sword and complete a main quest that is martins time.

So alicia already had some guy to feel her up before hiro?, talking about childhood friend loyalty...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-12, 12:19   Link #118
Tenzen12

Why she shouldn't let herself groped out of loyalty to friend?
Old 2021-05-12, 13:04   Link #119
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why she shouldn't let herself groped out of loyalty to friend?
The inclination is that the childhood friend is actually in love with the player for a long time now, and that you have to tell her that you love her, to get her out of apple slicer mode, should you somehow manage to activate it. - At least going by what the walkthrough says.
That being said, they only said that someone grabbed her, that's about the context there. It's funny how he went and took the wrong approach first. What she said was that she got harassed before.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-05-12 at 18:05.
Old 2021-05-12, 18:49   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Alicia explaining the reason she's after Hiro's life was pretty great. I never stopped to think about how she must have felt seeing Hiro just run away.

Martin time is already over. The flashback with Hiro talking like a complete idiot was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hiro assumes Kamui was advising him to use a girls greatest weakness...touching her boobs. Except apparently Alicia is old enough and had her boobs touched so much by that point that it doesn't even bother her. So are we to assume Hiro in the past of this game has felt her boobs up ton before then so she's basically immune? Jeez, this game screwed him over from experience the best part of his character .
Obviously not him, or she would have pointed it out. She berated him for being a virgin too implying she isn't one. Realism! Childhood friends don't stay pure forever for you!

Tags
harem