AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-04-27, 16:41   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1012 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yo, guys! Well, as I mentioned in the last thread, we've got early spoilers due to a holiday leak! Here's what we've got so far, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Itching". Splash features Kid.

-We first focus on the Scabbards. Izou is worried about Kiku's missing arm, but she merely brushes it off as an "itch". Soon, Kinemon announces that, due to the enemy's superior numbers, it would be wiser for them to split up and assist their allies. He alone wants to go rescue Momo, but eventually agrees to bring along Kiku when she voices her intention to finish off Kanjurou once and for all. After the Scabbards split up, Nekomamushi meets up with Shishilian, who informs him of Pedro's death. He also tells him his murderer is on this very island, so Neko joins the minks to hunt him down....

-Back to Momo's group, they're hiding in the attic. Yamato, like Kinemon, also believes traveling as a group is disadvantageous, as they could get spotted by the Marys (Kaidou's surveillance cyborgs, remember). Thus, she decides to split from them, using a Momo dummy as a decoy.... but the other two can tell she still wants to fight. Before leaving, Yamato asks for an update on Luffy's situation, and Momo answers that he currently senses just two "voices" on the rooftop. After Yamato's departure, Momo decides to check out his father's journal....

-Meanwhile, Sanji beats down some scrubs while carrying a wounded Zoro. We learn through a brief flashback that, during his search for Momo, he ran into Law, who had Zoro and Zeus with him. Zeus runs away after Sanji asks him about Nami, and Law tells him that he himself will go after Big Mom. He also notes that Zoro broke about 20-30 bones in his body(!!!) fighting the emperors. After Law leaves, the cook treats the swordsman's wounds as best he can (making him look like he's on a crucifix, heh), and learns from him that Luffy's still fighting Kaidou.... but both are confident he'll win thanks to his new discovery. Back in the present, Sanji meets up with Izou and Kawamatsu, who tell him that Kinemon will save Momo, so the cook's aid is not necessary. Zoro, who's still busy recovering, suggests they head to the live floor and help the people there, instead.

-Meanwhile, Ulti intends to get some payback on Big Mom for thrashing Page One! Nami tries to side with both enemies, but they don't fall for it, heh. Ulti then proceeds to attack Komachiyo, and follows that up by slapping Tama! Naturally, Linlin gets further incensed that someone dared to attack her friend in her presence, but the one to strike a blow on the dino-girl is.... Nami!!! Usopp tries telling her to escape, but the navigator refuses. Like Big Mom, she too can't stand to see a child getting harmed, and intends to take down Ulti herself....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-05-06 at 06:55.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 16:58   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Big Mom is going to outright give Zeus to Nami. Not like she has a use for him anymore anyway.
Old 2021-04-27, 17:03   Link #3
grecefar

that would be nice, nami would get a nice power up with zeus.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 12:25   Link #4
Hoodspirit

Looks like we'll have a comedy relief chapter this week and not much else.
Let's hope the jokes are hitting good.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 17:32   Link #5
marvelB

Okay, summary updated! Looks like the chapter will be a bit shorter this week (15 pages instead of the usual 17). As already noted, it's practically confirmed at this point that Zeus will become a permanent upgrade for Nami. Speaking of, I find it incredibly amusing how she tried to take advantage of BM/Ulti like that, heh. Also, Kinemon and Kiku vs. Kanjurou confirmed, it seems. Maybe the Scabbards' less than perfect conditions will ensure that the rematch won't get offscreened this time around. And on a somewhat related note, the wounded Zoro's suggestion of going to the live floor pretty much guarantees he and Sanji will face King and Queen. I guess Chopper and Marco can fix him up well enough to take on the all-stars, then....?
Old 2021-05-04, 17:46   Link #6
Tuor

Hmm... will Big Mom give Zeus to Nami after the battle against Ulti? Or if not give, then just "allow" her to keep Zeus? Guess we'll see how it turns out.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-04, 18:00   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So it's pretty much confirmed Sanji will fight either Queen or King. I guess the same goes for Zoro. The problem is that will leave Marco without an opponent (Nekomamushi is calling dibs on Perospero), unless he goes after Big Mom. It's more likely he'll stay on the live floor and remain in a support role. He was already starting to get exhausted last time we saw him, and if Perospero decided to join the party, he should be on his last legs.
Old 2021-05-04, 21:49   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, summary updated! Looks like the chapter will be a bit shorter this week (15 pages instead of the usual 17). As already noted, it's practically confirmed at this point that Zeus will become a permanent upgrade for Nami. Speaking of, I find it incredibly amusing how she tried to take advantage of BM/Ulti like that, heh. Also, Kinemon and Kiku vs. Kanjurou confirmed, it seems. Maybe the Scabbards' less than perfect conditions will ensure that the rematch won't get offscreened this time around. And on a somewhat related note, the wounded Zoro's suggestion of going to the live floor pretty much guarantees he and Sanji will face King and Queen. I guess Chopper and Marco can fix him up well enough to take on the all-stars, then....?
Zoro sustains an almost fatal wound, probably almost equal to what he received at Thriller Bark. Probably the injury can be sustained by both Chopper's medicine capabilities and Marco's healing flame. Though I'm aware the effect may not last long since Marco already hints during his activity at Shirohige's homeland that the patient is not allowed to do hefty activities.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-05, 14:49   Link #9
devilo96

man give us sanji some epic fight oda....
zoro already did that but sanji...gezzz
even nami and robim will have epic fight
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-06, 07:33   Link #10
Galaxian

Is the way Sanji is carrying Zoro around a reference to Trigun?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-06, 18:06   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I can see why you'd think so, but I doubt it. It's pretty rare for Oda to reference other manga, he usually sticks to movies.
Old 2021-05-06, 20:55   Link #12
Rainbowman

Nami landing a hit on Ulti was the main highlight for me in this chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-07, 15:40   Link #13
marvelB

Quote:
So suddenly Sanji is Wolfwood now?!

Anyways, don't really have much to add outside of my comment on the spoilers. I did notice something particularly interesting, though: When Ulti starts charging at Big Mom, it looks like her face is unmasked for one panel:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^I'm not sure if that's an error on Oda's part or not (and if so, it'll most likely get fixed in the volume release), but I think it's an amusing detail, all the same.
Old 2021-05-09, 16:00   Link #14
Hoodspirit

With more Minks going after Perospero based on second hand stories, Carrot should grow up in character by accepting the truth and save the candyman from being killed.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 16:55   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
It definitely is a Trigun homage. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise if they're familiar with Trigun. The Zoro reveal had me laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I did notice something particularly interesting, though: When Ulti starts charging at Big Mom, it looks like her face is unmasked for one panel
I noticed that too and had to make sure it was Ulti. Kind of a weird error since her mask is so prominent.

Nami vs Ulti has been great so far. I hope she beats her without any more help. Well, Zeus would be fine
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 18:03   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
With more Minks going after Perospero based on second hand stories, Carrot should grow up in character by accepting the truth and save the candyman from being killed.
That's never going to happen. He's going to get his ass kicked and then Oda will reveal Pedro actually survived.
Old 2021-05-10, 21:20   Link #17
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
They know it was a self-sacrifice, Shishilian said so in this very chapter, they Minks just don't care. Their friend in dead and the person who drove Pedro to make the ultimate decision is within their reach.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote