2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-30, 20:25   Link #81
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Democratic is not the word the poster wanted to use, I think. "Sandbox-y" is closer to what make Log Horizon stand out compared to its more "railroaded" counterpart which spoonfed you with a goal and rules (clear the game, also you will die for real no but no if).

Elder Tales is closer to a western rpg such as Elder Scrolls or a sandbox MMO such as EVE Online. EVE is the most triumphant example of a player-driven MMO, in all of its aspects, from economy to politics. Elder Tales the world is the closest thing to EVE if it was a sandbox fantasy MMO.
Right, let me phrase my "democracy" statement a bit better.

In other anime based MMO's, and in MMORPG's in general, we see an end goal with structured game levels and so forth. I.e. SAO, where there is a clearly defined goal and general antagonism comes from one source, the game.

In Log Horizon's Elder Tales, we see no defined structure, no levels to pass (other than the quests, mentioned in passing), and we can see that the antagonists are both game monsters and other players, equally. Therefore, Elder Tales is somewhere between a democracy in its purest sense (as in without republican connotations, as alluded to) and anarchy.

(also, I realized that my post in general was actually aimed at episode 7. I haven't gotten to eight yet )
Old 2013-12-31, 05:51   Link #82
doogzman

Hi..new to the forums...there's something i dont get....how could guilds force people to be slaves ? i mean if they don't want to do it what is the worst thing they could do to them? if they try to kill them they would just end up in the cathedral right? or does it hurt if they attack them? just curious...thanks. :]
Old 2013-12-31, 06:07   Link #83
Tenzen12

They can beat them to pulp, kill them and after having one of their man fetching them in cathedral repeat whole proccess how many times they pleases.
Old 2013-12-31, 06:26   Link #84
doogzman

does it hurt them?
Old 2013-12-31, 06:43   Link #85
WhiteJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogzman View Post
does it hurt them?
Yes but less so then in real life. Exactly how much less isn't elaborated on. Let's say sufficiently less that you can get into a fight with a giant monster with pointy teeth and sharp claws and not end up on the ground screaming in pain after being hit a few times.
Old 2013-12-31, 07:25   Link #86
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteJoker View Post
Yes but less so then in real life. Exactly how much less isn't elaborated on. Let's say sufficiently less that you can get into a fight with a giant monster with pointy teeth and sharp claws and not end up on the ground screaming in pain after being hit a few times.
it depends on your status.

level 90 shiroe doesn't feel pain from the fall he ended up in episode 4? or is it 3. The episode where they cross the palm.

But

for level 21 Minori, the level something ninja/assassin that grips her arm hurts.

it depends on the status

so for newbies. the apocalypse hurts them the most because they are new to the world and they can get hurt easily. remember the landers or people of the land also has levels.

So one can probably guess based on levels and stats.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:25   Link #87
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteJoker View Post
It is mentioned very early in the novel, but it seems to be skipped/censored in the anime.
Spoiler for LN spoiler:
Closed Thread