AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-04, 20:15   Link #21
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I hadn't even ever heard of this anime but I decided to go ahead and download it even though I didn't know what to expect. ^_^ I really liked it, I can't wait for the next episode. It even made me cry.. ^^'
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 01:44   Link #22
IPv6
blastos.com

I try my best to download all epi 1 to see what its all about.

twin spica seem a bit odd right now because you have this little kindgardener doing more of an adult attitude. But it seems like it is going to speed forward rather quickly here (according to animenfo.com).

Look forward to it.
IPv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 02:53   Link #23
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Yes, if you watched the next episode preview, it's somewhat apparent it takes place quite a few years later, when she's in middle school. The manga actually started where episode 2 will, putting the events surrounding Asumi's mother's death in later as a flashback. So, the anime simply chose to present that story first.
Old 2003-11-05, 02:59   Link #24
Oteck
Useless A-F member

what a dissapointment from my first impression i was expecting
some mahou shoujo and that guy with the lion head to turn to
a keroberos magic sprite figure then summon a clow rocket :P

Actualy it's an interesting show the art reminds me of ghibli
Oteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 09:45   Link #25
mi-chan
airmasters timer

Send a message via AIM to mi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to mi-chan
am i one of the only people that think that this anime is really really cute? It seems like everyones bashing on it, or thinks its just so-so. I dont know but i think its cute.
mi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 10:31   Link #26
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
This one suprised me, first it wasn't so intresting but then I almost cried in the end. I will watch two or three episode and then ultimately deside is this worth following, first episode showed potential thought...

To me Twin Spica is similar to Wings of Honneamise, both of them start at the main character's childhood and they both dream about traveling to space.

Yea but does this one have Gainax working on it?
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 10:39   Link #27
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
No, thankfully. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-chan
am i one of the only people that think that this anime is really really cute? It seems like everyones bashing on it, or thinks its just so-so. I dont know but i think its cute.
No! I really love the artwork's style too. It has a different kind of cute to it than the typical anime cuteness that you see all the time. A more real-life cuteness, if that can describe it. ^^
Jasconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 11:43   Link #28
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
This anime is making my teeth hurt.

somthing wrong with gainax?
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 12:12   Link #29
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasconius
No, thankfully. ^_^
Do you have something against Gainax?
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 12:33   Link #30
Izzy
Corrupted

maybe they don't want to see a very very sad ending like in mahoromatic and eva *shrugs*
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 05:01   Link #31
mi-chan
airmasters timer

Send a message via AIM to mi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to mi-chan
well im glad that there are others that think its cute i hope this series ends up to stay good threw the whole anime. Plus does anyone know were to find the manga?
mi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 18:28   Link #32
Octiron
Channel idler

I thought it was really good.

I'm a sucker for anime drama, and this one really "clicked" with me.

I'm going to follow up on this one.
Octiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 20:19   Link #33
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Looks promising. I had my eyes set on PlanetES initially (interest has faded a little) but I was drawn in straight away by this one.

I also like the first episode take on Asumi's childhood.

Let's see how it goes. First impressions aren't everything but they're usually a pretty good sign
I also like the character design.
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 23:12   Link #34
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Wow, thank you very much for subbing this series! I'd hate to think that I'd have missed this jewel. It reminded a bit of the glorious days of World's Theater Masterpieces and their adaptations of children's literature classics.

The start of this series was shockingly tragic, completely unexpected after watching the opening! But at the end of the first episode, I was completely sold. In these cynical days, it's so nice to see a character who, after a terrible personal tragedy, doesn't go all vengeful, nihilistic and/or antisocial. I look forward to see Asumi growing into a strong yet sympathetic girl, and fighting for her dream.

BTW, I think it's cute too, but not sugary-ish cute. More of "heart-warming" cute.
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 17:05   Link #35
Kensuke

Episode 2 was nice, althought Asumi was IMO little too weak, but there is a lot of room for character development. I'm all for Asumi, go girl!

Since astronomy and all kind of spacestuff is close to heart and story seems intresting and warm-hearting, I'm going to put this on my "must watch" -list. At least this series isn't too short, 20 episodes sounds good for this.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 18:26   Link #36
u&t

Yay, ep. 2 was nice but not spectacular. It was just an intermission between home and the space academy after all...

And yeah, I like Asumi too but I don't think she's weak at all. Ok, she seems alot more quiet and timid than in ep. 1 but thats just growing up I guess.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 23:39   Link #37
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

So far I really like it and to think I almost passed this up. Its very sad in the begining but I hope the next episodes get to be more happy. The preview for the next episode looks good I cant wait to see it. Overall this series looks very promising.
Old 2003-11-22, 03:42   Link #38
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
I hadn't heard much about it, but it silently sneaked it, I gave it a shot, and after the first 2 episodes it looks very promising. Yes, it's a bit slow, but so well done, a bit of that Ghibli feel, with a lighthearted series that acctually isn't that light hearted for the most part. Hard to describe, just really weel done drama, not typical highschool or romance drama though, thankfully. Those are sometimes good, but this is a nice change, and even without that is well done!
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 07:32   Link #39
wao
OK.

I watched the first 2 epis, and I have to say I'm quite interested. The first episode I thought was absolutely great. It was a little predictable, but also quite sweet, and it gives me a real warm and "awww" sort of feeling .

I am incredibly sad for Suzunari-sensei though. Lion-san will never, ever come back again. You have to think about it. I'd be quite sad if
Spoiler:
... yeah. (You can go highlight that if yu've watched the first episode. XP)

The second episode was quite awkward though IMO. Some of the drawings were not nice (not the character design - I think it's quite nice really, not uber-cute or anything) because when Asumi turned her head the eyes and wahtnot weren't drawn in the correct perspective... Also when she was chasing Lion-san around ("Ecchi!") it was really quite... um... I dunno how to say it. Also the animation was pretty sub-par for a 2003 series - it's as if this studio is using cel animation (who still uses it actually? O_x). The part where Lion and Asumi are jumping off that ledge onto the road specifically. The first ep was definitely better...

The third ep should come out soon because it's already aired if I'm not wrong. If my hopes for this series are fulfilled, I'll be a rather happy person.

By teh way, somehow I really like the opening - the lyrics seem to fit too, and the tune is... catchy ^_^ The ending was quite unique, it was nostalgic in some way and it's poignant when they use it as one of the BGM as well.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 22:53   Link #40
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Yes, the third episode has aired, as well as the fourth. The fifth will air in approximately five days.

Tags
science fiction, seinen