AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 06:37   Link #1
StrawHatLuffy23

Comedy Gag Anime

So I'm looking for anime that's just made to make you laugh. Shows kinda like Gintama, Ranma 1/2, Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu, GTO, School Rumble, Ninja Nonsense. They do have a story, but most of the episodes are just self contained stories that are just there to make you laugh. Any other shows like these?
Old 2009-11-04, 07:43   Link #2
jedinat

Detroit Metal City
Old 2009-11-04, 09:05   Link #3
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
some you might like are
Bakemonogatari
Nyan Koi
Kampfer
Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2009-11-04, 11:26   Link #4
ArianaChaz
Charcoal Feather Brigade

I think SuperGALS! is hilarious, but it's not for everyone. But there are tons of laughs in every episode. No story, really. Well, maybe a little bit.
I second The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
If you're up for it, I'd also recommend Ouran High School Host Club. Very funny.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:43   Link #5
EdenB
Overlord

Slayers is one that stands out. It does have an ongoing story in the background, but a lot of the episodes are self contained little stories. It's a lot like Ranma 1/2 that way.
Old 2009-11-04, 19:38   Link #6
Troilism

minami-ke sounds up your alley...and you might like inukami as well. It's crude but pretty funny
Old 2009-11-04, 20:25   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about a couple of classics like Excel Saga and Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade?
Old 2009-11-04, 23:17   Link #8
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic Fummofu

these two shows are pretty good and have their fair amounts of gags included in a pretty good plot.

there is also a 3rd series called Full Metal Panic the Second Raid but it starts getting a bit more serious from here on.

but these are great shows that i think you ill thoroughly enjoy.
Old 2009-11-04, 23:25   Link #9
McMilk
*Artist

Kannagi, Minami-ke, Lucky Star, Ouran High School Host Club... there's actually more, but I can't think of any at the top of my head :O
Old 2009-11-05, 00:20   Link #10
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I second Lucky Star, Full metal Panic? Fumoffu and Ouran High School Host Club.

I also recommend Hetalia, it's kinda historical and should be watched in order but mostly really funny, and Nagasarete Airantou, it has really cute characters and lots of funny moments.
Old 2009-11-05, 00:22   Link #11
Sub-zero 4ever

how about Yakitate!! Japan? so full of gags
Old 2009-11-05, 22:57   Link #12
Troilism

I am actually surprised by how decent Nagasarete Airantou turned out. It's nothing new, but it knows what it is and does it decently..
Old 2009-11-06, 04:17   Link #13
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Muteki Kanban Musume made me laugh at times, and I believe its not been mentioned yet. http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/mutek...ed-online-free
Old 2009-11-06, 06:51   Link #14
Niji

Oh! Edo Rocket is funny in all the epis I have seen till now. Laughter is not the only goal, it has a story. But it is pretty prominent.
Old 2009-11-06, 07:11   Link #15
Omurqi

Detroit Metal City - Full of comedy moments, plenty of awkward moments with the schizophrenic main character. It's about a slightly wimpy main character with the ambition to become a member of a trendy swedish pop band, but instead ends up in a deathmetal one. The ONLY purpose of the show is to make you laugh.

Azumanga Daioh - Probably the funniest show I've ever come across, and definitely the funniest fast-paced slice-of-life show I've ever seen. The first / first two episodes aren't that funny, but it picks up and won't let go after that.

Cromatie High School - Also a school life comedy, but slightly different... It takes place in a school full of muscular delinquents and starts with our well-mannered main character enrolling there. Tons of silly, completely random and hilarious comedy.
Old 2009-11-06, 13:07   Link #16
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I too will go with Omurqi and say DMC Goto DMC . His summary is exactly what it is . Then I will steal Seijei a/v and says Higepiyo : D See I haven't watched Ninja Nonsense but leaving most shows are not puritan gag element exception Gintama . I mean gag is shock comedy at least in my books . A few other shows which do qualify under this criterion would be IMHO

Quote:

* Tenshi Sunred : A rather realistic and surreal take on a Sentai Superhero . But this one is a delinquent pissed bum mooching off his girlfriend with a heart of gold . The bad guys or his nemesis is a polar opposite of him . Its fun to see the bad guys being good and the good bad , Sunred temper adds more to the comedy .

Summary / Torrent .

* Oruchuban Ebichu : This one is slightly adult themed its about a perverted hamster in service of an OLady . The hamster Ebichu in her repeated attempts to improve her master's lifestyle leads to nothing but tragedy and embarrassment . But Ebichu isn't evil she is nice and sweet with a crazy take on life who no one but one seems to agree with . Lot of laughs and giggles are generated in that process .

Summary / Torrent .

* Sexy Commando : No there is nothing sexy about it quite the opposite . Its a about a really crazy weird dude called Masaru who dissapears . When he returns he comes equipped with a super secretive technique called Sexy Commando . Together with his new found disciples he changes the world . Lot of funny moments not for the faint of the heart though .

Summary / Torrent .

* Higepiyo : Deranged Chick from an experimental facility which gets lose . This chick Higepiyo is a delinquent with extreme humanoid tenancies . He befriends the kids who purchased and together they have insane adventure . Its similar to Doreamon but with a difference .

Summary / Torrent .
Old 2009-11-06, 14:05   Link #17
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hayate the Combat Butler

Lucky Star

Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-06, 21:08   Link #18
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omurqi View Post
Quote:
Cromatie High School - Also a school life comedy, but slightly different... It takes place in a school full of muscular delinquents and starts with our well-mannered main character enrolling there. Tons of silly, completely random and hilarious comedy.
I was confused first with this with Sakigake!! Otokojuku ( Be A Man! Samurai School ) after reading your summary was curious so googled it up . And the summary was quite diffrent so watched the around two episodes of this anime and totally sold . A really hilarious anime with your post wouldn't have come across it . now to find the LvA : D
Old 2009-11-06, 21:35   Link #19
Scorch

I second Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Minami-ke, Hetalia, and Azumanga Daioh.

I'll add in Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan and Seto no Hanayome.
Old 2009-11-06, 22:01   Link #20
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Seto no Hanayome is one of the best comedies of the last few year in my opinion.
Closed Thread