AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 17:34   Link #61
imbehindyou
turn around...

Episode 8
DEEN does justice to my favorite couple of the series. I was a bit worried after watching rushed Tori / Yoshino episodes but the pacing in this episode was perfect for me. Also while there was not a lot of action / movement going on, considering half the episode was basically Kisa's monologue, it was acceptable; at least they sacrificed movement to have pretty arts! Kisa was really well drawn throughout the whole episode!

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 22:15   Link #62
achirist

This has been my favorite episode yet! I really like and relate to Kisa and his situation a lot--and the pairing was so refreshing. There seems to be less inhibition in each couple, and this was very satisfying.
Old 2011-06-02, 18:02   Link #63
Katapan
俺様祭り

Late to the party, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I really like and relate to Kisa and his situation a lot--and the pairing was so refreshing.
This, so much. Kisa's inner thoughts hit home pretty hard, nothing I was really expecting from this kind of BL story. And to think that I always liked to poke fun at the author for writing stupid characters, orz... I take it back, I take it back!

Episode 8 was thus quite a blast, I totally got into the cliffhanger and can't help but look forward to tomorrow night for the follow-up. So in the end, two couples out of three seem to really appeal to me... I'm most likely going to keep a really positive impression of the series.
Old 2011-06-03, 14:31   Link #64
kitten320

Episode 9
I feel cheated, why a couple with the most attarctive guy out of all cast got the least amount of action?
Though it still was a sweet episode so can't complain much, there will be episode 3 with them.

And I can relate to Kisa a bit too even though I'm a straight girl and only 20 so far... but I felt no real attachment to anyone yet and I start to feel bad about that...
Old 2011-06-03, 18:42   Link #65
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Bit late to the party but I wanted to say just how much I liked Ritsu's former coworker back in episode seven (you know, the one that got drunk and complained about the manga-ka not making their deadlines). I've honestly had the same thought about so many webcomic artists (not drunk however) that it was fun to see someone else with it, also proves that everyone in this series is at least a little bit jaded.
As for episode eight, finally, one guy who is definitely gay (not just "if it's you it's okay" gay) and then another gay or bi man as the couple, I'm thinking they might be my favorite couple overall. And I was amused to hear Ritsu finally explain the bunny with wings motif during the preview for episode nine, especially since every time I saw it I thought it was that little character out of Wish.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 18:28   Link #66
achirist

Another episode of Kisa! I think it’s very interesting seeing the first couple through his eyes. I know I do those sort of self-depreciating comparisons myself, even if I don't actually know what the other person's situation is. I thought Yuka handled the disgruntled one-night stand really well. Kisa's doubt and sadness in this case is very understandable; his life is centered on reality, where most boys he looks at are going to be straight and totally uninterested in doing anything with him. But all the better that his beautiful crush actually wants him! Definitely my favorite couple.
Old 2011-06-10, 18:36   Link #67
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

D'awwwww, yeah, Kisa and Yukina are my favorite couple and geeze, I think that's the most straight forward I've ever seen a couple in a romance. XD And it looks like episode 10 is back to Ritsu and Takano (Ritsu was even funnier than normal in the preview XD), hoping we get a second series so the side couples get more screen time as well.
Old 2011-06-11, 17:29   Link #68
achirist

I thought episode 10 was just o.k. More of the familiar misunderstandings and momentary inabilities to cope with their changing relationship, or inform the rival that he is already taken.

Last edited by achirist; 2011-06-11 at 19:08.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 22:43   Link #69
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Takano sure is patient with Ritsu (who is annoyingly dense and insensitive.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 16:29   Link #70
achirist

I was satisfied that this episode finally dealt with the absolutely ludicrous nature of Onodera's employment situation; the nastiness, long hours and possessiveness is really out of control. The boss has no business telling you how to spend your off-work hours, and that meeting he attended shows they all need classes in non-violent communication. I do think he should transfer to another department; they would still be able to see each other when they went home at night. Having said that, the following scenes which dealt with their relationship were very serious and touching. The tension is very high in this triangle; it seems everything is about to reach a boiling point.
Old 2011-06-21, 11:22   Link #71
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

07-08

Very very nice. Can't see how this continues.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 17:03   Link #72
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Series rating, fangirl edition:
Tori/Chiaki - 11/10 (I did call this a fangirl edition, for the record...)
Kisa/Yukina - 9/10 (Too damn short, sadly)
Onodera/Takano - 4/10
... which would be a 8/10 for the series as a whole. It is quite a shame that I was really looking forward to the series one week, watching it painfully the other. Still, this seemed like a welcome improvement from Junjou Romantica.

Now there's one good OVA coming out in the future, plus there are always the sales to look out for, to tell whether a second season is feasible or not!
Old 2011-06-25, 16:34   Link #73
achirist

I was disappointed that there was absolutely no progress in Ritsu/Takano's relationship in episode 12. All it would have taken was for those boys to finally open up and communicate!

They are definitely the weakest link in the series in my opinion; but then again I felt the same way about the main couple in Junjou; both insist on taking a ridiculous amount of time to make it to the same place as the other couples were forced to do in too few episodes. Kisa/Yukina was the highlight of this series for me. I hope they will show up in 12.5, the ova, or a second series. I may also seek out the manga just for their sake. All in all, this was a good, refreshing show that managed to be something so much more/better than a junjou season 3.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:02   Link #74
Keitorin
shiny umbreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I was disappointed that there was absolutely no progress in Ritsu/Takano's relationship in episode 12. All it would have taken was for those boys to finally open up and communicate!
I felt that same way I was really looking forward to maybe something happening, but we got the same stubborn Ritsu.
Keitorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 09:03   Link #75
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And it appears that we're getting a second season! (no release date however)

EDIT: Confirmed for October!

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2011-08-01 at 09:15.
Old 2012-08-14, 23:29   Link #76
ticka40

at season 2 episode 6
that was "Junjou Mistake" right. . ?
ticka40 is offline   Reply With Quote