AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-05, 12:28   Link #101
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's pretty nicely paced and the comedy was good, so I'm probably probably going to continue to watch it. Yui is definitely my favorite so far, but Akari's pretty funny too.

Invisible boob-missile Akkarin was the best though.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 13:16   Link #102
HuNGaricum

from the first episode it seems like a fun comedy... gonna continue with watching. Kyouko made my day. she is my favourite so far... she has more yuri intentions one can ever imagine at this age(ok i may have overestimated her, but... i'm a fan of her okay?:P)
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 13:33   Link #103
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
My oh my, Kyouko combines the best of Mugi and Ritsu.
Fixed that typo for you.
Old 2011-07-05, 14:49   Link #104
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've translated a diagram from the official site showing the various characters, what years they are in, and some basics of their relationships:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 14:52   Link #105
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've translated a diagram from the official site showing the various characters, what years they are in, and some basics of their relationships
Thanks for the translation I stumbled upon a similar relationship chart today...were there two of them?
Spoiler for relationship chart:
Old 2011-07-05, 14:53   Link #106
Midonin
Last Engage

They're both part of the website, just on different tabs.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 15:02   Link #107
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Thanks for the translation I stumbled upon a similar relationship chart today...were there two of them?
Spoiler for relationship chart:
I like your chart better.
Old 2011-07-05, 16:32   Link #108
wingman32x

Watched the first episode of this, and the jury is still out for me. I haven't decided wether I'll follow it or wait until it goes completed.

Akari was pretty funny, and I like Kyouko's otaku tendancies. The "Movie" that made fun of anime cliches had me chuckling. It seems like an enjoyable show.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 17:11   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was pretty scared for a while here when I saw the ultra cliché beginning of the episode, with the klutz of protagonist late running late for school, toast in mouth and everything. Thankfully, I quickly realized it was a parody. The parody of the parody we got later on was even better.

Overall, a highly enjoyable episode. I have a question though: will this just be an anime about cute girls doing cute things, with yuri being used as a comedic device or is there going to be some actual yuri? I just want to know what to expect. Yuri would be definite plus, but I don't mind if there isn't any as long as the show remains fun.

I like how they immediately addressed and made fun of Akari's lack of presence, which I was already starting to feel in this episode. She's a little bland compared to the other characters, especially the hyper energetic Kyouko. Favorite character so far is Kyouko, although Yui is a close second. Akari's sister has the potential to become my favorite character... if we ever see her, that is. Her room was awesome

The OP is very catchy and uplifting. The ED is okay...
Old 2011-07-05, 18:21   Link #110
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I look forward to pretending that I don't watch this show.

I think it's pretty clear who will be stealing most of the scenes.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 18:25   Link #111
scr
my sides are in orbit

Is it just me, or do the Mirakurun Transformation Set looks like purple version of Akemi Homura's magical girl costume?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 18:29   Link #112
Midonin
Last Engage

Mirakurun was one of the things that drew my attention immediately. We have a magical girl show-within-a-show that has its own theme song (I have an entire playlist for show-within-a-show songs. There's enough of them for it.) that's voiced by Ayana Taketatsu. And she solves her problems without burning them.
Old 2011-07-05, 18:40   Link #113
HandofFate

not really sure if I will follow this show.

I might re-watch episode 1 later to see if I can form a second opinion.

None of the cast really leaves any strong impression on me.
Old 2011-07-05, 19:10   Link #114
Texas84
よろしく

It's K-on with an edge. I approve. But the yuri siscon might be a bit much. OK, maybe not.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 21:46   Link #115
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Ironically, in the manga...

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Cute show, thus far. I might have left the start of the running gag about Akari's weakness as the main character for episode 2, but they kind of needed to maintain continuity with the main four characters before dragging in the rest of the cast. Not a lot of loud guffaws, but some snickers. Yui's mule-kick when Kyouko tried to look up her skirt was an especially good bit, as was "Invisible Boob-Missile Akarin"!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 21:52   Link #116
Midonin
Last Engage

Okay, I did my research. Apparently the change in gender happened in the original manga too. Akari originally had an older brother, but in Volume 6 of the manga, it was revealed that she actually has an older sister. So the anime's actually bringing itself in line with the source.
Old 2011-07-05, 22:30   Link #117
Sparvid
*hic*

Love the small details, such as chibi-Kyouko waving at the ferris wheel, and Chinatsu's expression when she gets Akari to open the door.
The ED sounds like the full length version might be fun.

Looking very much forward to the two tsundere's being tsundere to each other, especially since Emiri Katou is involved
Old 2011-07-05, 22:31   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Now I've done a characters/seiyuus page. More because the four stars are pretty new, than because they're particularly good. Still deciding. But I like having faces and backgrounds for them. A group of more experienced seiyuus just arrived at the end there, as the student council (includes Toyosaki Aki and Katou Emiri).

Thanks for posting that other chart, tezu. It looks self-explanatory, to me, since most of the info consists of different sizes of hearts, lol. It was on another tab on the same page of the official site, as Midonin says.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it here, but the end credits show that Kotobuki Minako played a boy (for the first time, apparently): Takenaka Natsuhi, the boy basketball star.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-07-05 at 22:45.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 22:53   Link #119
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

Invisible boob-missile Akarin made my day. This goes into the IN pile for this season... The OUT pile is rather large though...
Old 2011-07-05, 23:08   Link #120
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kotobuki Minako played a boy (for the first time, apparently)
Second time. She was Chutaro Nezumi in Ookami-san.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri