AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 04:00   Link #41
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Wait that image says the VA for Erika is Masako Nozawa... Don't tell me it's this Masako Nozawa... It can't be... she's ancient!

Anyway Zepar's voice is... way too manly! I can't even picture her/him as a female with that voice. S/he sounds manlier than Kanon!
I'm afraid she's that Masako Nozawa. But I don't mind her Erika from the preview, after all.
And... is it just me or Zepar and Furfur are voiced by Mitsuki Saiga and Eri Sendai like in Musou Kyoku?

Besides, the new character art is beautiful imho.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 04:28   Link #42
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'm afraid she's that Masako Nozawa. But I don't mind her Erika from the preview, after all.
That... what? That's not Masako Nozawa. That doesn't sound like any role of hers I've ever heard.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 04:37   Link #43
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That... what? That's not Masako Nozawa. That doesn't sound like any role of hers I've ever heard.
Really? That's odd. Never heard of any other seiyuu named as such. I kinda took for granted it was her after searching on the net for a while for confirmation.
Then again, I only heard her works a few times, so I'll take your word on that. Turning the chessboard over, if she isn't the Masako Nozawa Jan-Poo linked... who is she?
Old 2011-09-01, 04:41   Link #44
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Then again, I only heard her works a few times, so I'll take your word on that.
She's most famed as the voice of Goku, is 74, and I don't believe she's had a major role in some years. That is quite possibly the strangest possible VA choice I could think of. How do we even know that Tumblr image is real?
Old 2011-09-01, 04:59   Link #45
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well as I said I just can't believe it myself, all I know is that according to that image the voice actress for Erika is "Masako Nozawa". ^^;

The idea that a 75 years old woman could have such a voice is mind-boggling, really.

BTW why are people saying that Dlanor is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro? I didn't see it written anywhere, did I miss something? Or is it just because people recognized her voice?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 05:10   Link #46
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Or is it just because people recognized her voice?
That's it. She's pretty distinct.
Old 2011-09-01, 05:18   Link #47
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
She's most famed as the voice of Goku, is 74, and I don't believe she's had a major role in some years. That is quite possibly the strangest possible VA choice I could think of. How do we even know that Tumblr image is real?
You have a point. I guess I'll just... back up from speculating too much and adding more fuel to the fire while waiting for some kind of confirmation.

Spoiler for EP5 screen from famitsu:

Dlanor looks so tiny here! Not that I dislike it, after all, she's just a KID.
Can't wait to hear what イナンナの見た夢 will sound like.
Old 2011-09-01, 05:57   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

While Sawashiro was definitely a good choice for Dlanor (I can expect her to be quite rough and loud during the execution lines), I can't help but be extremely disappointed how Erika sounds. This is even more obvious with the chopsticks scene and the discovery of the gold scene (expecting something way more exhibiting confidence etc).

But aside of that, the design of the chiru characters is really really clumsy as hell: Erika's head isn't exactly "constant" and I can't help but wonder what's up with Zepar and Furfur anatomy... and their pose are extremely "rigid" looking.
Old 2011-09-01, 06:19   Link #49
ShikiGamiLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
While Sawashiro was definitely a good choice for Dlanor (I can expect her to be quite rough and loud during the execution lines), I can't help but be extremely disappointed how Erika sounds. This is even more obvious with the chopsticks scene and the discovery of the gold scene (expecting something way more exhibiting confidence etc).

But aside of that, the design of the chiru characters is really really clumsy as hell: Erika's head isn't exactly "constant" and I can't help but wonder what's up with Zepar and Furfur anatomy... and their pose are extremely "rigid" looking.
This is just like a teaser really, nothing on the video is final, not the voice performance or the characters.

Well, like the warning says at the start of this video, this video is shown when Chiru is still on production, so the final product will change.
ShikiGamiLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 06:23   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Except it is extremely rare to redo sound and voice recording, especially the latter because of Seiyuu's harsh schedule.
While sprite might be changed a little bit, it is also very unlikely considering how close the release date is.

Rondo certainly didn't have any change, as far as I could remember from the PV compared to the game.
Old 2011-09-01, 06:44   Link #51
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's not like they did such a great job for the previous character designs, I think the quality is pretty much the same.

Old 2011-09-01, 06:48   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I never implied so, but it was at least "average" or "okay".
Whilst Dlanor was rendered correctly (albeit still plagued by that weird shade/texture), Erika has really proportions going left and right.
I didn't expect a design similar to Bernkastel whatsoever, but for a prominent antagonist for 2 episodes, she sure was designed in a sloppy way. It is as awkward as the other "non main characters".
Old 2011-09-01, 07:51   Link #53
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Am I the only one who found Erika looking a bit..... chubby?
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 08:32   Link #54
Witch of Trolling

Here's the full image from what I posted before:
Spoiler for Chiru:

Battler's wedding face is priceless.
Witch of Trolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 08:35   Link #55
battle22

i don't like dlanors voice actress... erika is okay
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 08:38   Link #56
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Trolling View Post
Spoiler for Chiru:
Question marks where Erika's seiyuu would be. I feel cheated.

On another note, http://www.umine.co/chiru/ has been updated with the cover art as the header.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:40   Link #57
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Trolling View Post
Spoiler for Chiru:

Battler's wedding face is priceless.
But that's not the same... Maybe that other image was a troll of someone who edited the "???" replacing it with "Masako Nozawa"

Old 2011-09-01, 08:41   Link #58
Witch of Trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
i don't like dlanors voice actress... erika is okay
I actually think that Dlanor sounds exactly how I imagined she would. I'm just eager to hear her in execution mode, now.

As for Erika... not so keen on her voice right now, but hopefully after hearing more my opinion will change.

Quote:
But that's not the same... Maybe that other image was a troll of someone who edited the "???" replacing it with "Masako Nozawa"
I actually didn't notice that. I'm sorry.
Witch of Trolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 08:54   Link #59
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Confirmed troll. After rechecking the image with a graphic editor it looks clear that the voice actress box was edited.

Old 2011-09-01, 09:44   Link #60
immblueversion

Quote:
Anyway Zepar's voice is... way too manly! I can't even picture her/him as a female with that voice. S/he sounds manlier than Kanon!
Well, I heard their voices in Ougon Musou Kyoku, so I was prepared for this. They were played by Mitsuki Saiga (Zepar) and Eri Sendai (Furfur) in that game, so it sounds like they're back; incidentally, they're the only voice actors for Chiru characters who I feel I can be absolutely certain of in this game.

Oddly enough, Mitsuki Saiga was the original drama CD voice of Satoshi from Higurashi before being replaced in the anime by Yuu Kobayashi who is, incidentally, the voice of Kanon. I've never heard Saiga as Satoshi, but I know she's capable of using a higher, more youthful pitch (I have her role as Rossiu in Gurren Lagann to thank for that).

Quote:
Confirmed troll. After rechecking the image with a graphic editor it looks clear that the voice actress box was edited.
I think we all felt it was obvious after hearing her voice, so a confirmation is nice. There is no other seiyuu named "野沢 雅子" that anyone knows of.

Still, I kind of fail to see the purpose of withholding the new actors' real names...

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-09-01 at 10:08.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote