AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 04:45   Link #1961
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

nice action packed episode lots of areial acrobatics but what the fuck happened in the end? another time leap? this is looking like Steins;Gate lol

one thing i observe is that maybe the Scub Corals are really causing the time leap phenomenon, since they transformed to a weapon that Ao uses and now is the cause of the new time leap without the Goldilocks team *shrugs*
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:19   Link #1962
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, I am stumped. What the hell is going on? At first I thought Ao might have jumped into another world (similar to how Eureka jumped into this world), but if that were the case I guess nobody else should remember him.

I don't really get what Truth's agenda is. What he did in this episode conflicted with Naru's goal to protect the scub. Are they not allies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresden View Post
Bones missed a chance to

Spoiler for ep16:

Shame.
So true. I liked her a lot at the beginning of the series, but now I just wish she'd disappear.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:22   Link #1963
Bombo
TSF Fans

The animation for shooting new weapon is amazing,But in the end i'm Lost with the story .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:44   Link #1964
bastek66

If Quartz Cannon was used on Scub that was on his island Naru wouldn't lost her mother, didn't have powers and Eureka would still be with Ao.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 08:35   Link #1965
tsunade666

What the hell happen in the end? how did team Goldilocks disappear? I didn't get what happen at all and of all the people they decide to erase they decide a lovable team Naru should just disappear. That will make me happy. BRING TEAM GOLDILOCKS BACK!!!
Old 2012-08-17, 09:00   Link #1966
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
If Quartz Cannon was used on Scub that was on his island Naru wouldn't lost her mother, didn't have powers and Eureka would still be with Ao.
You don't understand. The country of Norway does not exist.

If the Secrets are anti-bodies they are anti-bodies of an artificial construct... The AO universe.

I suspect the people of Norway was sent to the E7 universe but all trace of their existence was erased, a glitch in the Matrix.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 09:21   Link #1967
ookamigirl

The plan to destroy Secrets.
I must admit it's somewhat confusing who the real enemy is.
Seems like Naru had plans of her own..
Ao had interesting dreams.
Looks like he's slowly doubting.
Nirvash pulled an interesting transformation of quartz.
Seems like more than that happened, a lot more.
Can't say I'd ever expected something like that.
Maybe an alternate universe thing?
This was a pretty intense episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:06   Link #1968
Marower

I enjoy guessing and so, but... it feels like that's all AO got going for it.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:08   Link #1969
lightbringer
M9000

At first it seems like part of the history of Ao's world was rewritten, but we also have to consider all the things that Truth said. In short, I have no clue what's going on right now and I kind of like it that way All shall be revealed in time (I hope).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 12:16   Link #1970
Trajan
Six Shooter

Another confusing episode, and a lot unknown. However, I don't think Chloe, Maeve and Maggie were necessarily written out of existence, but rather that Ao changed the timeline by erasing the Vesteralen scub coral from existence. Essentially, there never was a scub coral that appeared in Vesteralen.

To break it down:

Ao fires the quartz weapon very close to the Vesteralen coral plant. Afterwards, Pied Piper returns to "Vester" and Ao asks about the coral plant. Elena tells him that there has never been a coral plant there. In episode 15, Chloe tells Ao that her family moved to Vesteralen just after she was born so that her parents could work at the coral plant there.

However, if there is no coral plant at Vesteralen, then Chloe's family never moves there, and she and Maeve do not grow up in an environment rich in trapar particles. Therefore, they never become Generation Bleu pilots.

Remember, when Gazelle speaks to Ao in his bedroom, Gazelle merely tells Ao that there are no Gen Bleu employees named Chloe, Maeve, or Maggie, not that he's searched all databases and the three do not exist.

Note: I don't remember Maggie's backstory, if she had one, and it still doesn't explain why there wouldn't still be a Goldilocks team, but piloted by different children.

Spoiler for preview:

Last edited by Trajan; 2012-08-17 at 12:31.
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 13:26   Link #1971
Kazu-kun

^ That's an interesting idea, and it makes me think of something. Let's say there was a dude who was living in Vester until the place got infected by the coral. Then he moved out, and in his new town he met a woman and they got married and had a child.

Now, following your idea, if Vester never was infected by the coral due to Ao altering the timeline, for this guys it would mean that he never moved out of town, and so never met his wife and never had a child...

In the case of the Goldilocks kids Ao got lucky since they weren't erased from existence. They just never became Generation Bleu pilots. But my little example here shows that if Ao keeps altering the timeline he might end up "killing" (erasing) people all over the place.

Now I can see why Naru told Ao to decide what to do by himself instead of just doing what he's told. Destroying the coral is quite the nasty business it seems.
Old 2012-08-17, 13:29   Link #1972
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol yeah, I'm not sure what the hell is going on any more, but I guess they're doing this on purpose so I just hope the pay off will be good.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 16:30   Link #1973
rpgkiller999

But if the world is really a fake, Ao have to destroy the world to save the world - life will return to the E7 timeline.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 16:40   Link #1974
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Spoiler for preview:
Something to note about this scene.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-17, 16:58   Link #1975
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
But if the world is really a fake, Ao have to destroy the world to save the world - life will return to the E7 timeline.
But the world being fake doesn't necessarily mean that the people living there isn't real. If they are real, is it ok for Ao to tamper with their lives?
Old 2012-08-17, 21:23   Link #1976
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What the hell happen in the end? how did team Goldilocks disappear? I didn't get what happen at all and of all the people they decide to erase they decide a lovable team Naru should just disappear. That will make me happy. BRING TEAM GOLDILOCKS BACK!!!

Perhaps this was to address that they just didn't want to give Team Goldilocks any more screen time. I mean they've been shot down a few times already and have been out of commotion for awhile. Despite being a veteran team they're nowhere near Ao's level which is sad.

Though maybe in their return they'll not be sidelined... Bah, who am I kidding? They'll show up and than... Nothing.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:25   Link #1977
Tyr Valein

No one else is highly disturbed by the concept of a Seven Swell gun?
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 00:11   Link #1978
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
No more than the Seven Swell Kameha used by Renton and Eureka.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:11   Link #1979
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Not a Seven Swell though?
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 03:10   Link #1980
rpgkiller999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But the world being fake doesn't necessarily mean that the people living there isn't real. If they are real, is it ok for Ao to tamper with their lives?
I don't mean their lives don't matter, but like the ending of RahXephon, where the world restructure to include all people that are gone/dead in the old world. If Ao have to remove all the cores; when he need to erase the one on his island where he was born, he will erase the existence of himself as well. But I think at the end Ao will return to E7 timeline and meet his parents in the 'real world'
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen