AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-22, 22:49   Link #41
Sunder the Gold

It's not that they don't know her name. It's that we don't hear them use it.

Haruyuki didn't know her real name because he's not in her classes and never interacts with her teachers. Before she met him, Haru only knew KYH by reputation, and her nickname was used exclusively because it fit people's glamour image of her.

Yuniko didn't know her real name because they'd never met before. She didn't even know her school nickname, just that she was Black Lotus.

Taku would have been sure to learn her exact real name, but now that he interacts with her, he only calls her "Master" as a sign of respect.

Chiyuri doesn't call her by her real name (if she even bothered to learn it), because that would be too familiar.

Fuuko doesn't call her by her full name because she has a much more personal nickname for KYH. And if Fuuko wants to get serious with KYH, she can always call her Black Lotus as a sign that she means business.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:19   Link #42
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
It's not that they don't know her name. It's that we don't hear them use it.

Haruyuki didn't know her real name because he's not in her classes and never interacts with her teachers. Before she met him, Haru only knew KYH by reputation, and her nickname was used exclusively because it fit people's glamour image of her.

Yuniko didn't know her real name because they'd never met before. She didn't even know her school nickname, just that she was Black Lotus.

Taku would have been sure to learn her exact real name, but now that he interacts with her, he only calls her "Master" as a sign of respect.

Chiyuri doesn't call her by her real name (if she even bothered to learn it), because that would be too familiar.

Fuuko doesn't call her by her full name because she has a much more personal nickname for KYH. And if Fuuko wants to get serious with KYH, she can always call her Black Lotus as a sign that she means business.
In other words... Tolling master lol
I have forget that Haru know her real name...
This name thing really heavens the theory of a connection between SAO and AW... Because if her name don't will cause any great impact, will be just something like: ahn, so this is her real name...
Can be this or can be another big trollingXD like, oooo... You all thinked that her name would carry some special meaning?(troll face)
Old 2012-12-23, 01:21   Link #43
judasmartel
*Author

Of course, her real name must have a special meaning in the AW universe, so special that the author has refused to reveal it until now.

I don't know if Kawahara-sensei has a reputation for being as infamous as Tite Kubo, but I don't think shooting down any connection between AW and SAO by revealing KYH's real name as something inconsistent with the most common AW/SAO crossover theories (such as KYH being Kirito's real-life daughter unlike his AI daughter Yui) would mean he's trolling his fans. Given that he wrote both LNs, it can go both ways, really. Either he makes a connection between them or not.

I do believe that in due time, Kawahara-sensei will reveal KYH's real name, whether we would like it or not.
Old 2012-12-23, 08:59   Link #44
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I do believe that in due time, Kawahara-sensei will reveal KYH's real name, whether we would like it or not.
Maybe, maybe not. If I remember correctly, C.C.'s real name was never revealed. Well, it was, but we didn't hear it.

In FFIX,

Spoilers
Spoiler for Garnet's origins + real name
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-23, 09:23   Link #45
judasmartel
*Author

Of course, Kawahara-sensei also has the option not to reveal KYH's real name, but at least he should be able to reveal why she has to keep it secret.

From what I understood, C.C. is an immortal being with the power to make men fall in love with her, so she has become jaded about love because she's not sure whether men genuinely love her or are simply under the influence of her powers.

Since C.C. has lived so many years without entering a relationship, it's safe to say that nobody cares about it anymore because it's very unlikely that someone who knows her from youth is still alive.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:05   Link #46
Sunder the Gold

KYH isnt keeping it a secret. I already explained this.

We're the only ones left in the dark.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:07   Link #47
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
KYH isnt keeping it a secret. I already explained this.

We're the only ones left in the dark.
Don't have the possibility of her name don't have anithing special?
Spoiler for from killbill, is not an anime but is still a spoiler:
Old 2012-12-23, 12:15   Link #48
Sunder the Gold

I disnt say that.

Obviouy the author is hiding her nane. But she is not. There is sifference.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:21   Link #49
judasmartel
*Author

Yeah, I guess so. She even told Haru her real name. So maybe Kawahara-sensei can use the reveal as a sign of significant progress in the KYH/Haru relationship, which from what I have read, is simply not happening as of date.
Old 2012-12-23, 16:05   Link #50
sky black swordman

^ Sky Raker knows her real name too.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:40   Link #51
judasmartel
*Author

I think that's because they were close friends, so it's fine.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:58   Link #52
Sunder the Gold

Though it's pretty remarkable that two unrelated Burst Linkers became so close in real life.

Pity that we'll probably never get the "Early Accel World" stories like that.
Old 2012-12-28, 06:16   Link #53
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

Hey Guys! I have a clue on her name!

So if we presume that KYH is Kirito and Asuna's child, her name can be discovered through the LN's of SAO

1.) KYH was called Sa-chan by Fuuko. Chiyuri calls Takumu "Tak-kun. So Sa-chan could be Sachi-chan (The girl whom Kirito failed to save who has deep impact on his character development.)
2.) KYH said to Haru her real name is not that different from her nickname Kuroyukihime. So if we presume (once again) that some part of her name has "Sachi" then we can confirm than her name is "Sachiyuki"
3.) Why Sachiyuki? Asuna, in Mother's Rosario, met a gril named Yuuki (or Yuki) in ALO who is the leader of the Sleepless Knights (the ones with severe illnesses) she befriends her and they were very close before her death.
4.) By adding both parent's deceased close friends together, we can see that:
Kirito chose "Sachi"
Asuna chose "Yuki"
= Sachiyuki

^my theory
Old 2012-12-28, 06:46   Link #54
judasmartel
*Author

I'm not sure if Sachiyuki is a valid Japanese name. Sachiko, maybe.
Old 2012-12-28, 14:41   Link #55
Mentar
Banned

My money has been on Sayuki for a longer time...
Old 2012-12-28, 16:14   Link #56
draxdeveloper

I don't know if is common to junction of names in japonese
Old 2013-01-07, 15:55   Link #57
Miraluka
Banned

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13862.html

KYH has been chosen as the most beatiful character of the anime industry.
Old 2013-01-07, 20:25   Link #58
sky black swordman

^ Congratulations KYH.
She looks good in that black wedding dress !?
Old 2013-01-07, 21:18   Link #59
Sunder the Gold

Exposes TOO much of her back, I feel.
Old 2013-01-08, 14:47   Link #60
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

May God bless her for that...

So I have been reading a little and I can't help it but ask this: is KYH name all that important?

I mean, as it was said before, is like C.C. from Code Geass, we never hear the name and yet when I learn what was it the only thing funny was that is my mother's name, so there is that, but aside from such fact a name doesn't really add that much. Or maybe it does, I don't know and that is why I'm asking.

Tags
characters