AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-24, 06:19   Link #801
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Now that's a good theory, my friend. I've never thought a bout it. This could be the solution for Ise's problem, his large consume rate of aura, with Divine Dividing's ability.

Well he has an alternative for recharging his aura via Switch princess' Oppai Beam. But it's use is limited. But I think this might really work.

Since four of the 8 Evil-Pieces have become mutation pieces each representing his powers like:

1- 3 - Triaina
4 - Cardinal Crimson Queen
5- Ascalon ( Somebody correct me about this but this was in Vol.12, where Kiba fights with Siegfried)
6 - 8- ????

With his new body, I think he can now somehow use the Divine Dividing Gear. Even upon receiving the Evil-Pieces, I do find it interesting that for him to consume all 8 of it. So he has a huge possibility.
I don't think it's something as precise as one piece representing one single aspect of his powers. At least, that's not what the author intended, because he has only two, plus a sword. Also, I believe one Mutation piece isn't enough to represent Cardinal Crimson Queen.

Instead, I think the Evil-Pieces changed into Mutation pieces in accordance to Ise's power growth as a whole so that they would be able to accommodate it. That said, the author probably made it so that there's still room for him to grow even more after this, probably to the point of having 8 mutation pieces in him.

Also, it's interesting that Ise is now a badass and yet still balanced in power, since his weakness as a dragon increased with the flesh of a dragon.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:22   Link #802
Chris38

@M.A.D

I think that you misunderstood something. It has been, quite obviously stated, in the 12 volume, that three of Ise's four mutation pieces represent his Triaina move (with the value of the pieces, being 3,3,5 - to respectively represent the Knight, Bishop and Rook forms that Ise can take, while using that move) and the forth mutation piece, with the value of 9, represents Ise's CCQ.

In other words, the power contained in each of Ise's mutation pieces is different, which is the reason, why Ise's CCQ can only be maintained by a single piece.

If you want some direct proof here is the quote that confirms what I stated above:

Quote:
“Out of the eight, four of the evil pieces have turned into [mutation pieces]. Though there are different values on each of them…. This is indeed interesting. The Triaina and Crimson armour must represent these. The combination power of heavenly-dragon and evil-pieces, the harmony spec surpasses that which one can imagine. It was worth checking him back then. The phenomenon earlier was indeed interesting. …..Is his will directly reflecting on the evil-pieces?”
Old 2013-02-25, 14:07   Link #803
Rynerd

Is anyone else for Sona joining Ise harem? I think in volume 14 were little hints for Sona being interested in Ise. Ise needs her strategys!
I am also very interested in Grayfia for joining Ise´s harem since the short-story "lets go to onsen" . It would be quite entertaining to see Ise conquer a married woman . Haha.
What are all your opinions?
Old 2013-02-25, 14:13   Link #804
Soji

Rynerd@To be honest I would lose interest in ln if the author makes a stupid move like add Grayfia to Isse harem.(really I dont know why people even want this ,would make Isse something that he is not).
Also like I say more that once I think Isse harem is fine as is.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:36   Link #805
Rynerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Rynerd@To be honest I would lose interest in ln if the author makes a stupid move like add Grayfia to Isse harem.(really I dont know why people even want this ,would make Isse something that he is not).
Indeed it would not be Ise´s character . But i hope for a development , where he can get her without cheating style ?Maybe Sirzechs dies or whatever. In High School DxD nothing is impossible.^^Grayfia is described as being even more beautiful than Rias ...and she is a Maid ..he definitely needs a person like her as future Harem King.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:57   Link #806
Chris38

Like Soji, I also think that Ise's harem is already fine as it is.

Grafiya is happily married to Sierzechs, and there isn't anything suggesting that she would be romantically interested in Ise.

The fact that someone is beautiful, doesn't mean that two characters, should become a couple.

Same for Sona, it's unlikely that Ise is going to become romantically interested in her, due to Saji, who... more or less, is Ise's friend.

Not to mention, I think that Rossweisse is meant to take the "older women" position, once she starts becoming romantically interested in Ise (which, is probably going to occur, in one of the future volumes, of the current 4 story arc.)

After that occurs, I doubt that Ise's harem is going to keep expanding, since the author himself said that would cause the other "main" heroines to have less screen time == less development of their characters, and some of the "main" heroines, definitely require some character development, at this point, if the author hadn't changed his plans, on having each of them, obtain a happy ending with Ise.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:05   Link #807
XFire
150% done

n0m@n put up a "Short-short" story on B-T.
Old 2013-02-26, 23:31   Link #808
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
n0m@n put up a "Short-short" story on B-T.
i went to b-t and didn't see any short short. is it the one where akeno and isse go to the research center?
Old 2013-02-26, 23:59   Link #809
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
i went to b-t and didn't see any short short. is it the one where akeno and isse go to the research center?
I think he means the one called: 25(Twenty Five) at the Clubroom with Rias-buchou! .
Old 2013-02-27, 00:45   Link #810
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I think he means the one called: 25(Twenty Five) at the Clubroom with Rias-buchou! .
That's it. n0m@n thought it was funny that there were actually two "short"s in the title.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:27   Link #811
rickiminato

what would be the order of the strongest to the weakest in the group Rias?

for me are
1-isei
2-yuuto
3-zenovia
4-rias
5-akeno
6-koneko chan
7-roseweis
8-gya kun
9-asia
Old 2013-02-27, 16:54   Link #812
Kutra

Ross is stronger of Koneko for now and, after their power-up, Rias and Akeno are stronger of Xenovia. Asia can't be classified, she is only for support purpose, she can't fight but the other wasn't able to fight so well without her.
Old 2013-02-27, 17:03   Link #813
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
what would be the order of the strongest to the weakest in the group Rias?

for me are
1-isei
2-yuuto
3-zenovia
4-rias
5-akeno
6-koneko chan
7-roseweis
8-gya kun
9-asia
From what I understand, it goes more like:
  1. Ise - Absurd power level, Dragon Armor, etc
  2. Yuuto - Skill type who can (temporarily) fight on same level as Ise
  3. Akeno - Between Holy Lightning and great magical skill, probably the strongest of the girls
  4. Ross - She actually has the second highest power level in the group
  5. Rias - I'm not really sure if she belongs here, it'll depend on her new move
  6. Xenovia - I feel bad that she is this low...
  7. Gasper - His new powers aside, he's mainly support
  8. Koneko - She just punches stuff right now, but senjutsu might change that
  9. Asia - Pure support, but ironically probably the most valuable member aside from Rias (King) and Ise (invincible)
Old 2013-02-27, 18:14   Link #814
bludvein

I think we can definitely lock Ise and Kiba into the #1 and #2 spots, and the rest is open to interpretation. My personal ranking is...

1. Ise
2. Kiba
3. Xenovia
4. Akeno
5. Rias
6. Ross
7. Gasper (Though if he masters his power he could take the #3 spot imo)
8. Koneko
9. Asia
Old 2013-02-27, 18:38   Link #815
cyberdemon

I really wouldn't put Xenovia that high on the list. she's may have power but doesn't even know the right way to use it yet plus it basically comes down to the same thing over and over. At best I would put her around the middle below Akeno and Rias possibly even Ross. When she starts mastering the Excalibers I'd rank her higher but not before then.
Old 2013-02-28, 01:42   Link #816
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Also Rias might be slightly stronger than Akeno since she has developed a new way of using her PoD to the fullest. And as for Gasper, he might have overwhelming power but that's only when he's berserking(for now) and even if he can master it, it won't be that of the same overwhelming force as when he still hasn't mastered it yet(could be wrong but likely will be the same case as Ise with his JD).
Old 2013-02-28, 01:52   Link #817
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

My ranking would be

1. Ise
2. Yuuto
3. Rossweise
4. Zenovia
5. Rias
6. Akeno
7. Koneko
8. Gasper
9. Asia

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-02-28, 02:08   Link #818
cyberdemon

mine would be:

1. Ise (clearly)
2. Kiba (clearly)
3. Akeno (new powers put her roughly about this place but probably about equal to Rias)
4. Rias (roughly equal to Akeno thanks to her new ability)
5. Ross (skilled with plenty of knowledge)
6. Xenovia (all power but is a one trick wonder currently which makes her predictable. will wait to see when she starts mastering more of the Excaliburs)
7. Koneko (strong for a rook but still needs to learn more about Senjutsu)
8. Gasper (awoke a strong new power but doesn't understand it or how to control it yet. Still lacks in skill with his SG)
9. Asia (clearly since she is a support type than a fighting type)

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-28 at 11:45.
Old 2013-02-28, 06:15   Link #819
sky black swordman

Quote:
8. Gasper (awoke a strong new power but doesn't understand it or how to control it yet. Still lacks in skill with his longinus)
He doesn't have a longinus, his SG is just strong and rare.

Anyway my ranking
  1. Issei (Sekiryuutei with a Holy Dragon Slayer Sword plus a body with power of GR and Ophis)
  2. Kiba (We all know why )
  3. Rossweise (She is a Demi God)
  4. Akeno(I put her above Rias because of her Holy Lightning, magical ability, Fallen Angel Transfermation, and her most recently, being taught a defence spell by Rossweisse as well as her magic and Holy Lightning having dragon traits)
  5. Rias (When you think about her full combat abilities are not well shown and her new technique abilities are not well known other then the fact it's dangerous and fatal)
  6. Xenovia (She has just begun learn how to better use her swords abilities. As she gets used to them her rank will be higher )
  7. Koneko (In the process mastering Senjutsu)
  8. Gasper (His new power seems unstable and lacks control over it as well as no where near mastering his SG)
  9. Asia (No really a fighter, however, she does know have control over a Dragon King)
Old 2013-02-28, 09:47   Link #820
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
He doesn't have a longinus, his SG is just strong and rare.

Anyway my ranking
  1. Issei (Sekiryuutei with a Holy Dragon Slayer Sword plus a body with power of GR and Ophis)
  2. Kiba (We all know why )
  3. Rossweise (She is a Demi God)
  4. Akeno(I put her above Rias because of her Holy Lightning, magical ability, Fallen Angel Transfermation, and her most recently, being taught a defence spell by Rossweisse as well as her magic and Holy Lightning having dragon traits)
  5. Rias (When you think about her full combat abilities are not well shown and her new technique abilities are not well known other then the fact it's dangerous and fatal)
  6. Xenovia (She has just begun learn how to better use her swords abilities. As she gets used to them her rank will be higher )
  7. Koneko (In the process mastering Senjutsu)
  8. Gasper (His new power seems unstable and lacks control over it as well as no where near mastering his SG)
  9. Asia (No really a fighter, however, she does know have control over a Dragon King)
It's not Gasper's SG that is rare, it's the combination of the breed(Half-vampire) plus having a SG which makes it rare. Avoiding Forbidden Balor View's effect is quite easy(just be fast and not to get yourself captured by the user's sight hoho). What makes Gasper rare is his black-shadow thingy which is highly probable from the result of being a half-breed vampire. The SG is just an additional effect for merely stopping someones movement.

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life