AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 6.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 19.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 12.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-10, 13:19   Link #41
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

6 Episodes Into Season 2 later....

Tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this:

Old 2013-11-10, 14:13   Link #42
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

They built a structure around it! O_O

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-10, 14:37   Link #43
Athena
The Power of One

I don't think the animation studio capitalized on the right things. The 1st season had, at the very least, some kind of balance between character development, school life, comedy and mecha elements. However, this season seems, so far, to be much too comedy/harem-focused.

I feel like the story with Madoka/secret organisation(s) should get much more development in the last 1/3, 1/4 of the season. But there should seriously be more efforts invested in the series, since it just seems that the studio wants to squeeze out as much as it can from the current fanbase.
Old 2013-11-10, 17:13   Link #44
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I don't think the animation studio capitalized on the right things. The 1st season had, at the very least, some kind of balance between character development, school life, comedy and mecha elements. However, this season seems, so far, to be much too comedy/harem-focused.

I feel like the story with Madoka/secret organisation(s) should get much more development in the last 1/3, 1/4 of the season. But there should seriously be more efforts invested in the series, since it just seems that the studio wants to squeeze out as much as it can from the current fanbase.
You also forgot the golems in season 1, the White knight incident, the Dunoa company and other potential serious plot lines. Oh, and the PROPER base incident attack WITH IRIS and Natasha!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-10, 17:27   Link #45
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:

Welcome to 2 years ago.
Old 2013-11-10, 23:54   Link #46
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Welcome to 2 years ago.
Hmm? They got a JPeg that spotted this 2 years ago?
Old 2013-11-11, 20:54   Link #47
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Hmm? They got a JPeg that spotted this 2 years ago?
4chan spotted it and then customize to look really like Vegeta's shoulder.
Old 2013-11-13, 16:53   Link #48
Preciize
Them Feels~

Finally got around to episode 6. This one had more of a carefree atmosphere with Charlotte's shenanigans xD Love it when Charlotte says "Ichika no ecchi" Kawaii!

Anyways, I wonder why Ichika didn't tell or ask Chifuyu about Madoka Orimura. You'd think he'd ask Chifuyu why Madoka looks like her and has the same last name/surname as them both :3
Old 2013-11-13, 20:23   Link #49
Frontier

I... found this episode mildly entertaining.

I was fine with episode 5 as a pure fanservice episode, mostly because I thought we'd be getting back to the main plot in this episode. So I was quite surprised at how devoid of real plot episode 6 was. And as much as I like Charlotte, I feel she's already gotten enough attention this season so an entire episode focused on her was a bit too much for me.

I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with this episode if I hadn't read how much actual plot, yes plot, is being cut from the adaption .

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the episode at all. There were some really cute moments with Charlotte and Laura in this episode, and some stuff I genuinely found funny. I got a bit of chuckle at Laura trying to invoke "the panty flash event" when she's the only girl in the harem whose uniform doesn't have a skirt .

I liked the scene with Charlottes mother at the end, and how it reinforced her trust in Ichika, but I don't think just that one bit at the end justifies a whole episode...

Once again, I have to pity Ichika. He compliments Laura, he gets punched. He offers to help Charlotte, he gets a box thrown at him. The girls find out he needs protection, they try to murder him. Charlotte pulls her skirt up and he turns away, yet he is still somehow the pervert in the situation? He even pointed out how wrong the last one was .

So Ichika, going to ask about Madoka at all? You know, continue that plot ?

Well, at least it seems like we're moving back to the story from the novels with the next episode which I believe will debut a certain girl in the opening...
Old 2013-11-13, 23:17   Link #50
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I... found this episode mildly entertaining.

I was fine with episode 5 as a pure fanservice episode, mostly because I thought we'd be getting back to the main plot in this episode. So I was quite surprised at how devoid of real plot episode 6 was. And as much as I like Charlotte, I feel she's already gotten enough attention this season so an entire episode focused on her was a bit too much for me.
We need a episode dedicated to Chifuyu!
Old 2013-11-14, 00:41   Link #51
Frontier

I certainly wouldn't mind that .
Old 2013-11-14, 00:55   Link #52
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
as much as I like Charlotte, I feel she's already gotten enough attention this season so an entire episode focused on her was a bit too much for me.
- Everyone's here just for Charlotte?

Seriously, I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that they're not doing an exact covnersion of the LN. I kind of don't like the fact that the Gotandas haven't shown up in this season (if anything I think they should get a little bit more airtime). If I was in charge of directing the series I'd probably toy around more with hints of Ichikas past via the Gotandas before delving into the girls' pasts at the moment. But that's just me.
Old 2013-11-14, 01:01   Link #53
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Everyone's here just for Charlotte?

Seriously, I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that they're not doing an exact covnersion of the LN. I kind of don't like the fact that the Gotandas haven't shown up in this season (if anything I think they should get a little bit more airtime). If I was in charge of directing the series I'd probably toy around more with hints of Ichikas past via the Gotandas before delving into the girls' pasts at the moment. But that's just me.
Indeed

Don't give 8-bit too much credit.

Their only good points for this season is, they knew FUCKING well about their audience. Those that complaining, like me, is mostly minority.
Old 2013-11-14, 01:44   Link #54
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I demand Houki! And Madoka! Especially CHIFUYU!
Old 2013-11-17, 13:43   Link #55
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Indeed

Don't give 8-bit too much credit.

Their only good points for this season is, they knew FUCKING well about their audience. Those that complaining, like me, is mostly minority.
Not really even in Japan this season is doing nowhere near as well as the frist , S2 volume 1 sales are down around 50% compared S1 and looks like vol 2 is going to sell even worse.
Old 2013-11-17, 14:49   Link #56
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Not really even in Japan this season is doing nowhere near as well as the frist , S2 volume 1 sales are down around 50% compared S1 and looks like vol 2 is going to sell even worse.
If that's true I'm not the least bit surprised. They did an awful job by wasting the first half of the season on some meaningless fanservice.
Old 2013-11-17, 22:30   Link #57
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Looks like a 3rd season is next to impossible.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:19   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
Huh.

I wonder if this is a result of just general apathy towards the IS franchise, sequels in general underporfming compared to their predecessors, or just dislike towards season 2's direction and how it's adapting the novels?
Old 2013-11-18, 15:30   Link #59
Arkitektbmw

It's probably a mixture of both. It's really sad to see this sort of thing happen to just about every 'non-top-whatever-#' manga/light novels out there.
Old 2013-11-25, 03:57   Link #60
DiscoJacen

For what it's worth the battle at the beginning was pretty cool! For once that Ichika can actually handle himself : )

After that the fanservice is rather bland (even if I'm a Charlotte guy).

I you add the birthday episode, It's clear that 8bit is taking some radical turns from the LN. Which is sad because I really enjoyed the birthday in LN.

We'll see if they go all the way and make an original ending then.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanservice