AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 01:48   Link #1221
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Ok, time for some random "bad usage of grammar" passage.

Spoiler:

Last edited by cramped; 2013-03-16 at 03:15.
cramped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:27   Link #1222
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
@willx & ArchmageXin-what do you mean by darker side to the princess? you mean you would rather her be kind of evil/a tease like Ludmira, or downright evil like her brothers who try to use tigre as a bargaining chip? Hmm would be abit hard for Tigre to find another excuse to stay in Asvarre if she was evil to...But it'd damned interesting to see how Tigre would get through that little twist -evil grin-.

Gonna need to think of other possible excuse he could use
I mean darker as in a more realistic less "lollified" art style.. And less ginormous breasts. Like Archmage - I imagine Elen to truly look like a swordswoman, not a Victoria's Secret model.. heck, she's "bigger" than them proportionately!

Nice job, cramped!
Old 2013-03-15, 11:32   Link #1223
azziz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post

Spoiler:
thanks for the teaser,but there's no much to discuss from that extract
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:32   Link #1224
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I mean darker as in a more realistic less "lollified" art style.. And less ginormous breasts. Like Archmage - I imagine Elen to truly look like a swordswoman, not a Victoria's Secret model.. heck, she's "bigger" than them proportionately!

Nice job, cramped!
Actually, NO.

Well yes, it wouldn't hurt if Ellen's boobs stop looking like torpedoes ( I mean really? Reflect light?) Does she oil her shirt or something?

But what I want is for the princess to be a evil type that actually royally screw over (and not in the sexual sense) Tigre over, and show us she isn't just going to be harem girl #7.

I really want to see her just evil, and not later fall for the hero (I.E the yandree girlfriend types that show up lately). If the author want us to take the series "seriously."
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:38   Link #1225
Shinon

Quote:

Spoiler:

is it summary or translation of chapter 1?
Old 2013-03-15, 11:53   Link #1226
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Yaaaaa gotta agree that the artist drawing throws a lot of people off ;(, but I'll forgive him because he drew such awesome art to go with those rare romantic moments

The soft lighting made a LOT of difference in my opinion, especially the third picture

ex:
1)

Plus I'm a sucker for beautiful women, deep plots, great character development, oh and again beautiful women who both kick butt and are knowledgeable

thankfully magical attacks only make up 20% of the story, other times it's tactics on how they're used. Take for example Ludmira and tigre's tag team fight against vodyanoy

@willx & ArchmageXin-what do you mean by darker side to the princess? you mean you would rather her be kind of evil/a tease like Ludmira, or downright evil like her brothers who try to use tigre as a bargaining chip? Hmm would be abit hard for Tigre to find another excuse to stay in Asvarre if she was evil to...But it'd damned interesting to see how Tigre would get through that little twist -evil grin-.

Gonna need to think of other possible excuse he could use
did anyone else notic her breasts arnt as big in the first one
Old 2013-03-15, 12:32   Link #1227
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
did anyone else notic her breasts arnt as big in the first one
Vanadis. If their not big there not vanadis. Maybe it stemmed from the fact that the LN readers where bitching when the artist was sick and the publisher told the manga artist to sub. Who knows.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:48   Link #1228
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Vanadis. If their not big there not vanadis. Maybe it stemmed from the fact that the LN readers where bitching when the artist was sick and the publisher told the manga artist to sub. Who knows.
They were already quite big in other illustrations in Vol.1, the only difference is that her battle outfit emphasizes her breast more than a normal dress (not sure if that function is needed on the battle field).
Someone suggested that it may be due to light/shiny effects that they stand out more.
But yeah, if it wasn't for Olga, I would guess that they become Vanadis due to their breast size, although Ludmira is a size or two smaller than other Vanadis.
Old 2013-03-15, 20:01   Link #1229
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
That is page 1/11 of volume 6 chapter 1
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 21:49   Link #1230
backbone
Banned

Redundant dicussion is redundant. All this talk about boobs, boobs, and goddamn boobs just irks me off to no end.

The Illustrator of this LN (and vast majority of harem LNs) is H-artist, no need to prolong this crap for much longer, period.

This story has waaaaay many interesting concepts to discuss about (mainly about how awesome the author portraying war&political situation, not to mention the fight were mainly done strategically rather than lame brute force, which is very rare for action harem LN). He should have got another better artist to draw his LN*sigh*.

Move over to DxD thread if you only want to talk about this boobs crap, period!
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 23:15   Link #1231
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Redundant dicussion is redundant. All this talk about boobs, boobs, and goddamn boobs just irks me off to no end.

The Illustrator of this LN (and vast majority of harem LNs) is H-artist, no need to prolong this crap for much longer, period.

This story has waaaaay many interesting concepts to discuss about (mainly about how awesome the author portraying war&political situation, not to mention the fight were mainly done strategically rather than lame brute force, which is very rare for action harem LN). He should have got another better artist to draw his LN*sigh*.

Move over to DxD thread if you only want to talk about this boobs crap, period!
Agreed, hence why I went through the thread to look up all of the current known facts about volume 6., and also gave possible topics to talk about.

Right now I'm coming up with theories on what may happen in the next part of the arc.

Knowing the current situation is that just about all of the higher officials(the Princes and bunch of generals) are merely using Tigre and Olga kind of implies that later they will either be betrayed or others will attempt to use them as bargaining chips. If so, they can only run and then fight back.

If that does happen, the only possible alliance candidates Tigre has at the moment would be Princess Guinevere of Asvarre, who's indifferent to the civil war at the moment. Skipping over all those guys who will most likely be saying "Aw, is he going to get another harem member now?! Bastard><"

It's stereotypical and kinda given mostly, but I'm trying to look at the political implications that goes with this situation.

If Tigre DOESN'T form that alliance with her, then Tigre will receive no support from anyone, seeing as he's too far from both Brune and Zchted.
[/QUOTE]

Also, if no one from the royal family of Asvarre is willing to sponsor him, then the younger Prince Elliot could possibly put up a bounty and label Tigre as an enemy spy/enemy of the country who has come here on orders of Zchted. Following that would most likely be a running Tigre and a bunch of bounty hunters.

After that I'm making possible guess strategies on how Tigre could possibly "win" given the current mess he's stuck in. The usual "Kill the leader and his army" guess seems a bit too far fetched after looking at the power imbalances and the cloaked puppeteer in the background.

His current situation is such-
a) There's two powerful leaders butting heads over who will Asvarre. One of them is backed up by Muozniel who's most likely just trying to weaken Asvarre so that they can take over and get more land...
b) Almost everyone wants him dead, including some crazed demon if it hasn't been killed yet
c) Sophie has been kidnapped by Prince Elliot and most likely can't run away otherwise her soldiers who were taken hostage may all be killed....
d) His only allies are a axe swinging Vanadis who's like 12? And possibly an indifferent/evil Princess o_o

Current best guess strategy for Tigre is to do something like the Three Kingdoms. As in, create a THIRD power with Prince Elliot and that general guy being the second one. This way, neither one can attack or fight one another, for fear that the third power will take them down. This would be sufficient for buying some much needed TIME. With any luck, Muozniel will be forced to step in somehow otherwise the power struggle will just continue.

Weakpoints-a)Sophie could be sold off to Muozniel forcing Tigre to act
b)If Tigre receives no support/troops he's as good as done. I mean, any and all support is too far away. And only possible one who could interfere would be royalty, or the King of zchted. However, he'd be much more happy to watch both of them die since in his eyes they're too much of a threat and he can't manipulate them as he wants to...
c)The demon's
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 00:13   Link #1232
cramped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
Um, it is translation from chinese. I would be willing to translate though, but I can't guarantee about the accuracy and the speed since my schedule is tight+my chinese HSK level is about 4-5 (self test not official).
One more thing the name in this serie is fcking hard. Also don't put too high a hope since I may just drop dead due to various circumstances!!!
Old 2013-03-16, 00:53   Link #1233
noobarta

Quote:
Um, it is translation from chinese. I would be willing to translate though, but I can't guarantee about the accuracy and the speed since my schedule is tight+my chinese HSK level is about 4-5 (self test not official).
One more thing the name in this serie is fcking hard. Also don't put too high a hope since I may just drop dead due to various circumstances!!!
Um dude, it's not worth you dying for~! D: -calls in a priest for heals and resurrect-

LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE~!!!!!!!!! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEE!!! NURSE, I NEED A WIZARD TO SPAM LIGHTNING BOLT ON THIS MAN D:
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 04:30   Link #1234
ZeKeR
Superbad

lol....

regarding the buck, did Tigre cheat with toxic arrows such as muscle relaxing or poison? I'm not sure hax'd arrows is a good thing vs game, even in the old times IMO
Old 2013-03-16, 04:33   Link #1235
cramped

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
lol....

regarding the buck, did Tigre cheat with toxic arrows such as muscle relaxing or poison? I'm not sure hax'd arrows is a good thing vs game, even in the old times IMO
According to what I had read, it was just Tigre shooting it and the buck was found dead afterwards. The cause of death seems to be due to blood-loss.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:40   Link #1236
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
And a stranger interrupts!

If you want, I can help you out. I've been reading from the Chinese this whole time and I understand it just fine. I'm okay with the whole English-Chinese bilingual hoodoo, so I guess between us we could probably make it more accurate.

First thing we're going to need is a list of official character names though, just so we don't muss stuff up halfway through.

And I guess next we could use a update on how far people have been posting the text up till - since it would be counterproductive to be repeating ourselves too often.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 04:46   Link #1237
cramped

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
And a stranger interrupts!

If you want, I can help you out. I've been reading from the Chinese this whole time and I understand it just fine. I'm okay with the whole English-Chinese bilingual hoodoo, so I guess between us we could probably make it more accurate.

First thing we're going to need is a list of official character names though, just so we don't muss stuff up halfway through.

And I guess next we could use a update on how far people have been posting the text up till - since it would be counterproductive to be repeating ourselves too often.
Thx that would help me a lot, since Chinese and English aren't my mother language coz I am Thai. Pls message me on the details then so I know what to do (if you want to help).
P.S.I am no stranger just that I never comment lol.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:48   Link #1238
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Ha. I mean I'm the stranger, just randomly jumping in like that.

Anyway. Important stuff first. How much, really, do we have in English so far?

EDIT: Okay, checked Baka-Tsuki. Blimey, they have chapter previews all the way until vol 5. Most of those are basically complete but un-proofread chapters.

I suppose vol 6 it is then. Haha.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 04:55   Link #1239
cramped

Hmm, since there is only 1 ch on xs178.com at the moment. I am currently translating it (2nd page of it [vol6] I mean in the chinese one) ----------> nobody want to translate it so I just think maybe I can try to improve my language with this and jump in. Usually I rushed it at first due to lack of time then I come back and redo it.
Old 2013-03-16, 08:26   Link #1240
cramped

Ok this time another random passage with a lot of mistakes due to rushing (hope you can forgive me for that). I will recheck it later when I have the time. +I am bad at phrasing.
P.S.don't bitch about the grammar since I don't care about it at the moment.
Spoiler:

for the blank brackets I don't know how to translate it since it can differ depending on the translator will discuss it with other people later

Currently editing part 1 w/ XenahortCharybdis

Last edited by cramped; 2013-03-16 at 23:52.
cramped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)