AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 00:10   Link #3261
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Erasing his existence from the world would give peace to the world. But what would his real death solve? According to you, just his own guilt.

Again, it's already clear that we differ in opinion on what we'd have done if we were Lelouch. So we could just spare this discussion.
Your claiming that Lelouch is much more uncaring than he is shown to be.

If Lelouch was the kind of person to get rid of guilt quickly, he wouldn't blame himself for Euphemia, Shirley, and Rolo's death, but he clearly does.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:17   Link #3262
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Your claiming that Lelouch is much more uncaring than he is shown to be.

If Lelouch was the kind of person to get rid of guilt quickly, he wouldn't blame himself for Euphemia, Shirley, and Rolo's death, but he clearly does.
Several thousand years or more is not what you'd call 'quick' lol, much less even by human standards. Sure he'll be guilty for a few hundred years though, i'll give that to you. Maybe even several average human lifespans long.

I don't claim that he's uncaring.

It's just the conclusion you derived from my statement that I want him to live. And I'm just telling you that that is not the case at all.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 01:19   Link #3263
Used Can

Technically speaking, even if he didn't actually die, Lelouch still paid a high price. Just like Suzaku, he can no longer get his old life back, nor can he show his face to anyone. In a sense, he'd still be dead.
Old 2008-10-06, 01:22   Link #3264
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Technically speaking, even if he didn't actually die, Lelouch still paid a high price. Just like Suzaku, he can no longer get his old life back, nor can he show his face to anyone. In a sense, he'd still be dead.

Yes, this is one of the main points why it doesn't matter if he's alive. ^^
Old 2008-10-06, 01:29   Link #3265
Charred Knight

Quote:
I have absolutly no contact with anyone from my old highschool, middle school, or Elementary School (well except for my brother), that doesn't make me technically dead.

I miss those people but its not like my life is ruined. I see no sacrifice without an actual sacrifice.
Old 2008-10-06, 01:30   Link #3266
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
I have absolutly no contact with anyone from my old highschool, middle school, or Elementary School (well except for my brother), that doesn't make me technically dead.

I miss those people but its not like my life is ruined. I see no sacrifice without an actual sacrifice.
way to go on taking it out of context (also, fallacy of using an inappropriate comparison)

PS

We get you, you want Lelouch dead, and I personally respect that. But understand that we're not going to argue with you forever.
Old 2008-10-06, 01:33   Link #3267
Charred Knight

Quote:
way to go on taking it out of context (also, fallacy of using an inappropriate comparison)
You don't think I was close to those people, I was, I moved on, Lelouch not being able to see Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Kallen is the easiest thing he has ever done in this series.

He brainwashed hundreds of people, accidently killed millions, and helped caused the death of three people, not seeing a bunch of people when he was really close to only three of them is not a sacrifice.

I am just sick and tired of someone saying that Lelouch will never see Nunnaly, Suzaku, and Kallen as some great sacrifice, it wasn't Suzaku sacrificed himself, Britannian and Black Knights soldiers sacrificed themselves, saying that Lelouch sacrificed by not being able to see three people seems to me to be an insult to all the people who died.
Old 2008-10-06, 01:38   Link #3268
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
You don't think I was close to those people, I was, I moved on, Lelouch not being able to see Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Kallen is the easiest thing he has ever done in this series.

He brainwashed hundreds of people, accidently killed millions, and helped caused the death of three people, not seeing a bunch of people when he was really close to only three of them is not a sacrifice.
OK, you can agree with your own definition of sacrifice, and your own definition of retribution, and basically everything else you think. I don't mind as long as you stop attacking our own opinions.
Old 2008-10-07, 07:14   Link #3269
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Yes, this is one of the main points why it doesn't matter if he's alive. ^^
I agree, too. Be him dead or not, he put an end to his whole old life and the circle is closed with the pubblic assasination of Emperor Lelouch. From that point on, it doesn't really matter, and the ending left us almost free to believe he's dead or otherwise.
And I bet none will ever give us a canon answer.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:52   Link #3270
kramerica

Is there any recent anime that has a main male lead that is as FABULOUS as Lelouch? I just re-watched some older R2 episodes and noticed the his KMF was made perfectly for him:

-Amazingly spacious cockpit
-Only KMF with a visible keyboard?
-Storage space for change of clothes
-A mirror to check himself out

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:55   Link #3271
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Is there any recent anime that has a main male lead that is as FABULOUS as Lelouch?
Let me think about it...Nope. ^^
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:11   Link #3272
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Let me think about it...Nope. ^^
I think male leads like Lelouch are very rarely found...now or ever...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 08:49   Link #3273
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
Quote:
i am agree...lelouch still paid with a hight price...

"lelouch vi britania" was death...

but lelouch lamperouge is a live...

he can't met nunalyy...and back to his old live...

met his friend...laugh with person his family or best friend...

lelouch is very good man...

always keep his promise...

and do something with his power...
Old 2008-10-08, 09:37   Link #3274
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Is there any recent anime that has a main male lead that is as FABULOUS as Lelouch?
Immortal Lelouch.
Old 2008-10-08, 09:43   Link #3275
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I'm pretty sure episode 19 heralded the death of Lamperouge and not Vi Britannia, conversely.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 10:07   Link #3276
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And episode 25 was about the birth of Lelouch Ceetoo, gentleman farmer.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:03   Link #3277
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
anything reasonable would suggest that Lelouche would take the responsebility of his actions and die.

except part of his responsebilities are with C.C. It has been a big deal since EP.1 and made fresh again in ep. 23
Lelouche already completed his first task with his "death"
now he has to fulfill his promise to C.C.

that's why he has to be alive
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:06   Link #3278
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, gee, I guess I didn't see C.C. smiling contently at the end, then.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:09   Link #3279
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
that's why he has to be alive
He also has a promise to keep with Kallen, returning to Ashford with her. But I don't see people using that as a reason for him to be alive. Or Shirley for that matter.

Kallen went back to Ashford and lives on his in stead (made clear in the epilogue and her character song).
C.C. went on to live as a human again, smiling (made clear in the epilogue and her character development all season).
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:46   Link #3280
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

If Lelouch was dead, and C.C.'s wish was to die:

Lelouch: "C.C., just hang on in there! I'll kill you once I'm reborn again from this netherworld!"

Absurd? You decide!