4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-27, 18:50   Link #121
Tsuchi

I really liked this episode.

Not only we had good moments and bright conversations as usual, we also got some information about the oddities' true nature (kind of expected, but still interesting); it sounds normal for her to consider Oshino someone who "knows his place", but she also looks kinda curious about Araragi, precisely because of his almost familiar attitude regarding those phenomena.

More like she just wants to play with everyone, I'd bet, seeing the current situation. And damn, she looks amused about the predicament Araragi will be in from now on. I can't wait to see how will he avoid getting stapled. Nice allegory, that scissors in the end of the episode...

Also, since the beginning of the series, I keep thinking that Oshino's cigar is actually a chocolate one.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 19:49   Link #122
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Someone tell me what other animes Nadeko's voice actor stars in. Her "onii-chan" is just too cute and alluring it's sucking me in. Next week of continuous episode replay and i'll be her bidding slave.

We need more Nadeko doujins out. Most are Hitagi, i've only seen maybe one raw nadeko doujin... er I shouldn't be talking about this. *Cough* Her pajamas sure were something this episode right guys...? >.<

Also @ Solomon thanks for taking my avatar I specifically requested in the avatar request section... not.
Nadeko's seiyuu is Hanazawa Kana.

Just check her wikipedia page
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 20:32   Link #123
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
What?! She's Anri in Durarara?! But, but... she doesn't sound anywhere near as *must hug, and do anything for her when she calls me onii-chan" cute as she does as Nadeko. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

*flops on Azuma's lap saddened*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 20:37   Link #124
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
For the sake of humanity, you must rip and post it on youtube or torrent it.

This way, the poor souls who live outside Japan can finally rest in peace.

Some teasers

When I saw this all I could think of was: NOSEBLEED!!! I might have lost a liter of blood or something when seeing that... And listening to it is even worse! I wasn't a Nadeko fan but I sure as hell can't overlook her charm now... DANG!
Old 2010-02-27, 22:38   Link #125
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
What?! She's Anri in Durarara?! But, but... she doesn't sound anywhere near as *must hug, and do anything for her when she calls me onii-chan" cute as she does as Nadeko. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

*flops on Azuma's lap saddened*
Because she's actually a good actor, instead of just a moeblob. Although personally I recognized her voice so I'm not sure why you're so surprised.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 22:42   Link #126
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Because she's actually a good actor, instead of just a moeblob. Although personally I recognized her voice so I'm not sure why you're so surprised.
I don't know about you but I remember her more for Zange.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 14:39   Link #127
Dop
Mmmm....

The tongue twister was wonderful as was Araragi's reaction it...
I'd almost forgotten how much I love this series. I think when the last episode comes out I'll rewatch the whole thing.

Anyway. I think I know where Shinobu is. She got tired of waiting for episode 14 to come out and ran off to that other Akiyuki Shinbo show...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 19:28   Link #128
achirist

I agree that Araragi is not a pervert. This was an excellent episode--I really liked the unexpected long conversation about the nature of oddities that he had with Black Hanekawa, and it was hilarious listening to his various phone conversations. So, Hanekawa, like many anime girls, liked a boy but didn't make her move in time. But, of course, just letting the feelings out and talking about it all will probably cure things; clearly Araragi doesn't actually have to fall in love with the girl.
Old 2010-02-28, 21:33   Link #129
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I agree that Araragi is not a pervert. This was an excellent episode--I really liked the unexpected long conversation about the nature of oddities that he had with Black Hanekawa, and it was hilarious listening to his various phone conversations. So, Hanekawa, like many anime girls, liked a boy but didn't make her move in time. But, of course, just letting the feelings out and talking about it all will probably cure things; clearly Araragi doesn't actually have to fall in love with the girl.
Although I would be inclined to agree, I think back to the Tsubasa Cat OP and what can be generally considered to be Hanekawa's image song.

The song is basically the opposite of Suruga Moneky - Kanbaru's OP talks about how she's going to try and get past her unrequited love for Hitagi. Hanekawa's OP basically says how she's going to wait even if its hopeless and that wishing for the person you love to be happy, even if its without you, feels unreasonable.

I don't think this is something that can be just so simply talked out, otherwise I doubt Black Hanekawa would make it sound like falling in love with Tsubasa is the only plausible option besides Shinobu. Plus it's not like Araragi can exactly talk to Hanekawa while Black Hanekawa is inhabiting her.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 22:39   Link #130
zato_1one

BTW, do you know who was cosplaying as Hanekawa in OP?
Old 2010-02-28, 23:03   Link #131
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
BTW, do you know who was cosplaying as Hanekawa in OP?
From what I could tell it wasn't just one person, since the body frame changed from picture to picture. Its basically Hanekawa cosplayers from around the world, I suppose
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 23:26   Link #132
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
From what I could tell it wasn't just one person, since the body frame changed from picture to picture. Its basically Hanekawa cosplayers from around the world, I suppose
Your comment reminded me of that cosplayer from Thailand.
Old 2010-03-01, 03:52   Link #133
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Jelousy? Why would she run away because of jelousy? Is she trying to become big again or something? I don't understand.
We should probably keep in mind that, whilst Shinobu may look like a child atm, she's actually a vampire that's hundreds of years old, perhaps more, and that Araragi actually said that he is basically tied to her for the rest of his life. And then he becomes friendly with other girls and even gets a girlfriend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
Dunno if I'm wrong, but wasn't that a line from a Type-Moon doujin? A cat is fine too.
Er...no, just no. I'm not sure whether the doujin is based on the same phrase, but as omimon said, it's a Japanese idiom.

From Jim Breen's dictionary: 猫の手も借りたい 【ねこのてもかりたい】= (n) extremely busy; lit: so busy one would even welcome the help of a cat.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 04:21   Link #134
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
We should probably keep in mind that, whilst Shinobu may look like a child atm, she's actually a vampire that's hundreds of years old, perhaps more, and that Araragi actually said that he is basically tied to her for the rest of his life. And then he becomes friendly with other girls and even gets a girlfriend...

Er...no, just no. I'm not sure whether the doujin is based on the same phrase, but as omimon said, it's a Japanese idiom.

From Jim Breen's dictionary: 猫の手も借りたい 【ねこのてもかりたい】= (n) extremely busy; lit: so busy one would even welcome the help of a cat.
I think him finding getting a girlfriend is just his way of passing time since it is more than likely that his regeneration will make him live forever. (Although this isn't proven yet.)
Old 2010-03-01, 06:54   Link #135
mastakilla88

I died

mastakilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 16:14   Link #136
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Although I would be inclined to agree, I think back to the Tsubasa Cat OP and what can be generally considered to be Hanekawa's image song.

The song is basically the opposite of Suruga Moneky - Kanbaru's OP talks about how she's going to try and get past her unrequited love for Hitagi. Hanekawa's OP basically says how she's going to wait even if its hopeless and that wishing for the person you love to be happy, even if its without you, feels unreasonable.

I don't think this is something that can be just so simply talked out, otherwise I doubt Black Hanekawa would make it sound like falling in love with Tsubasa is the only plausible option besides Shinobu. Plus it's not like Araragi can exactly talk to Hanekawa while Black Hanekawa is inhabiting her.
That is an interesting point about her OP--I hadn't thought of that. It may take something very strong to appease Black Hanekawa--you're right that at this point, talking, especially with the cackling kitty, isn't likely enough.
Old 2010-03-01, 16:15   Link #137
Morbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Seconded.

She also stars in Darker than BLACK Ryussei no Gemini (sp?) as Suou Pavlishenko, and her voice is about as cute as in Bake. I'm not a particular fan, but she's a very good seyuu. But the again, so is Hanekawa's, which I prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
So, Hanekawa, like many anime girls, liked a boy but didn't make her move in time. But, of course, just letting the feelings out and talking about it all will probably cure things;
Does it ever?
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 19:10   Link #138
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus View Post

Does it ever?
Well yeah, in the non-supernatural real world, I highly support the power of open, honest communication to clear the air and heal people. In fact, that was what we saw in the kanbaru monkey situation--the ultimate communication between kanbaru and hitagi ended the overall crisis.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:13   Link #139
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think him finding getting a girlfriend is just his way of passing time since it is more than likely that his regeneration will make him live forever. (Although this isn't proven yet.)
Hm...but even if his relationship with Shinobu does mean that he'll live forever, it's not like he knows that he will. Also, he seems to have been content just having a friend (Hanekawa) and a reason for living (Shinobu), at least until Hitagi turned his world upside down. Based on his character, he would never have asked anyone out, non?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-03-01 at 23:29. Reason: oops...left something out
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 21:52   Link #140
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Hm...but even if his relationship does mean that he'll live forever, it's not like he knows that he will. Also, he seems to have been content just having a friend (Hanekawa) and a reason for living (Shinobu), at least until Hitagi turned his world upside down. Based on his character, he would never have asked anyone out, non?
Yeap, he would never confess to a girl.
Hitagi has dropped many hints for him, but he just casually answer, "Just buy me a can of juice next time and then we're even."
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote