Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-12, 08:32   Link #421
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
No amount of grin ding IIRC will help because it's a flat HP value. In other words, git his parts perfectly and pray RNGesus lets you dodge and parry properly.
my only hope... ToT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for really?!:

the reason I choose hard mode because some people said the game is too easy, now I kinda regret it...
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 09:18   Link #422
Kirayuki

The stat you have on that battle is actually dependent on Rean's level.

For one, there is a considerable difference in the damage you deal when you're lv.70 or higher.
On lv.80 or higher, it becomes so easy even in Nightmare.

That said 67 or so is enough already, tho it's still luck based.
And make sure you use CP for the boost instead of Counter since you're battling against time here as you have limited healing resource
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 09:26   Link #423
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
The stat you have on that battle is actually dependent on Rean's level.

For one, there is a considerable difference in the damage you deal when you're lv.70 or higher.
On lv.80 or higher, it becomes so easy even in Nightmare.

That said 67 or so is enough already, tho it's still luck based.
And make sure you use CP for the boost instead of Counter since you're battling against time here as you have limited healing resource
yes I tried to grind more and viola, more defense and attack for me (still lost though )
I think is time to exploit that cute little poms
and be more aggressive...
Old 2016-02-12, 09:28   Link #424
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
M

Either I thought handled the cast development just fine. If Laura sort of came off a little like a jerk to Fie in Ch4 that was point. There are grounded reasons for that because it's based on prejudice. It may be kinda of hard to understand if you haven't play either TiTS or Zero and Ao because basically up until till this point Jeagers in have never presented positively in any way. They known as cuthroats with some of them being borderline savages. So her apprehension is rather normal for someone of her upbringing. Moreso she Fie are complete opposites in every way, personalities, philosophies and how they approach combat. Because of that couldn't sync well together even as much Laura (and Fie) tried to put differences together. Which why they had that duel in near the end of Ch 4 in an attempt to understand each other.

Alisa is child (they all still are) but your selling issues with her mother short. It's pretty complicated and has basically led to family to almost completely fracture so she isn't the only one who has problems her.

Essentially, everyone in Class VII clearly has their flaws, but mostly of them do attempt to deal with them in their own way and often come out better for it. I feel the that only characters lacking development at point is Millium and Emma, largely because their backgrounds are mysteries beyond the little bit we know about them. But that what's CS2 is for along with furthering the cast's growth.
The thing with Laura is that it felt a bit groundless since we never really saw Fie herself do something so despicable, so the whole conflict just lacked a bit of bite. I mean, Laura herself talks about how she understands she is not being fair here, but it still feels a bit forced. I get that Jaegers have unsavory reputations here, but if we had seen Fie at least do something 'bad' here, at least Laura would have some basis on her dislike and then it wouldn't feel so one-sided. Plus that way Fie could get more time with her dealing with adjusting to a life outside the battlefield.

With Alisa, I don't think her plot is bad, seeing how money/business can ruin a family makes for a great plot, but I just dislike her resolution in her arc since it felt a bit too weak. Considering how much time the game spent on her, if she had ended things with a stronger argument that was not basically I will do the same thing I hate you for but this time I will do it right, I think I might like it more.

I think Millium was fine for the little screen time she has (specially since she is funny most of the time), seeing her events you get the felling for her story, about how she is experiencing a normal life for the first time and how it makes her doubt her role as a spy and hopefully all that will pay in the second game. On the other hand, I think Emma was kind of a waste, in her events you get the feeling she struggles a lot with having to keep secrets to the class and wants to try to be more open (the last bonding event was good for that), but I wish the class would call her out more on that. I think it would have been a good source of tension to have Emma and the class deal with how can you be friends with someone who keeps an important secret from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
I really need some help here

Spoiler for LAST boss:

TASUKETEEE! T_________________________T
I managed to get by using the Block craft when I expected him to use his own craft and getting a few lucky dodges. So remember to use crafts and time your heals properly.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 10:29   Link #425
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

freaking finally! at last I finished this game!
3 shining poms DO make big difference LMAO

what a roller-coaster, I really enjoyed the game very much

restraining myself to not searching for sen-2 OP/trailer on youtube
Old 2016-02-12, 12:28   Link #426
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alza View Post
The thing with Laura is that it felt a bit groundless since we never really saw Fie herself do something so despicable, so the whole conflict just lacked a bit of bite.
That's really not the issue. Especially not in this series when even the seemingly nicest people are two faced bastards.

The point is Laura doesn't know anything about Fie, she only knows that she a Jeager, people who are known to go around routinely killing others for money, something that Fie has actually done. It's not something everyone will be okay with (particularity those with strong moral codes) which is why Fie didn't want to talk about it and why school kept quite about it. Honestly, I'm more surprised that cast didn't make a bigger deal about the revelation then they did, but given the circumstances when it was revealed it made easier to accept. Ultimately Class VII was formed exactly to deal with this kind of culture clash. Laura like a lot of the others isn't that open minded about everything and while she knows Fie has done anything wrong to them personally she can't change the fact that her past bothers her and it makes Fie seem suspicious as irrational it may seem. That's why she took a step-forward to learn exactly why she ended with a group like that to begin with.

It's like how Sara keeps butting heads with Claire mainly because the later works for Osborne despite her having nothing to do driving the Bracers out of Erebonia. People judging others by association rather than individual is a real and very common outlook and several characters in Class VII struggled to overcome that.

Keep in mind that Fie's story didn't make her like Jeagers anymore than she previously did, but it allowed her to look at Fie from apart of them. At least that as of a fellow warrior.

Quote:
With Alisa, I don't think her plot is bad, seeing how money/business can ruin a family makes for a great plot, but I just dislike her resolution in her arc since it felt a bit too weak. Considering how much time the game spent on her, if she had ended things with a stronger argument that was not basically I will do the same thing I hate you for but this time I will do it right, I think I might like it more.
The point of the conversation in Nord wasn't to resolve her family issues, it's kinda of impossible for her to do that as a mere student, but to talk about it with somebody in (this case Rean) and get off her chest perhaps give her a new perspective about it. It start for Alisa that will eventually lead her in position to confront her mother as equals, it's not an end point to her development.

Quote:
I think Millium was fine for the little screen time she has (specially since she is funny most of the time), seeing her events you get the felling for her story, about how she is experiencing a normal life for the first time and how it makes her doubt her role as a spy and hopefully all that will pay in the second game. On the other hand, I think Emma was kind of a waste, in her events you get the feeling she struggles a lot with having to keep secrets to the class and wants to try to be more open (the last bonding event was good for that), but I wish the class would call her out more on that. I think it would have been a good source of tension to have Emma and the class deal with how can you be friends with someone who keeps an important secret from you.
Like said before I'm not worried about them. After TiTS FC and SC, I know exactly how Falcom does things in terms of plot structure. A lot of main cast whose their development started in FC didn't come to ahead until SC. You knew bits and pieces of their pasts until then, but it's the second game that dives into it. ToCS seems to be much the same at this point.

There is still a few people you didn't know much by the end of SC, but they are elaborated on in TiTS the 3rd.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-12 at 12:56.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 15:19   Link #427
Iron Maw
Banned

Classic Mueller & Oliver

Old 2016-02-13, 01:10   Link #428
rladls2121

Rean calls him "Prince Olivert", so he isn't close to Olivier as Estelle and Joshua, they both react naturally while Rean here is somehow keeping his dutiful posture, im kind of dissatisfied.
When will Olivier will come back?(I'm not talking about the Erebonia's prince side of him.)

Muller, yes that's him, he is same as ever.
But just like Olivier, Rean is seeing him as "Major Vander" the senior army officer in a higher position that is just respectable for Rean, not really close as Estelle and Joshua as friends either.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 09:21   Link #429
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Rean calls him "Prince Olivert", so he isn't close to Olivier as Estelle and Joshua, they both react naturally while Rean here is somehow keeping his dutiful posture, im kind of dissatisfied.
When will Olivier will come back?(I'm not talking about the Erebonia's prince side of him.)

But just like Olivier, Rean is seeing him as "Major Vander" the senior army officer in a higher position that is just respectable for Rean, not really close as Estelle and Joshua as friends either.
I think that makes sense that Rean and the rest of Class VII is not that close to the prince, remember that to them he is not only their sponsor but also a role model they look up to so it is understandable their relationship has a bit of distance, specially when you consider that to them Prince Olivert is an adult. The thing is that the game is pushing Alfin as the royal Rean and Co have a close relationship with.

Quote:
That's really not the issue. Especially not in this series when even the seemingly nicest people are two faced bastards.

The point is Laura doesn't know anything about Fie, she only knows that she a Jeager, people who are known to go around routinely killing others for money, something that Fie has actually done. It's not something everyone will be okay with (particularity those with strong moral codes) which is why Fie didn't want to talk about it and why school kept quite about it. Honestly, I'm more surprised that cast didn't make a bigger deal about the revelation then they did, but given the circumstances when it was revealed it made easier to accept. Ultimately Class VII was formed exactly to deal with this kind of culture clash. Laura like a lot of the others isn't that open minded about everything and while she knows Fie has done anything wrong to them personally she can't change the fact that her past bothers her and it makes Fie seem suspicious as irrational it may seem. That's why she took a step-forward to learn exactly why she ended with a group like that to begin with.

It's like how Sara keeps butting heads with Claire mainly because the later works for Osborne despite her having nothing to do driving the Bracers out of Erebonia. People judging others by association rather than individual is a real and very common outlook and several characters in Class VII struggled to overcome that.

Keep in mind that Fie's story didn't make her like Jeagers anymore than she previously did, but it allowed her to look at Fie from apart of them. At least that as of a fellow warrior.
Like I said I get what the game was trying to do with Laura here (mainly about her widening her world view and trying to look past her prejudices and respecting Fie as the person she is now instead of who she was in the past) and I agree it was a good, but I feel they could have done more with it. I just feel that making the situation so onesided feels was bad (for the conflict), and they could have used this fight to also give Fie some more concrete development on her part too.

The game has a large cast and has little time to give to each party member and it has to hold back for the sequel, but a part of me feels that they still could have done more stuff with characters like Emma, Fie and Gaius. So the situation with Laura during chapter 4 feels like a waste to me since it could have been used more strongly to give Fie more character development. Same with Emma, where they could have used her keeping secrets a bit more strongly than just having people go- oh well we know you are lying but we trust you- when they should have asked more questions.

Quote:
The point of the conversation in Nord wasn't to resolve her family issues, it's kinda of impossible for her to do that as a mere student, but to talk about it with somebody in (this case Rean) and get off her chest perhaps give her a new perspective about it. It start for Alisa that will eventually lead her in position to confront her mother as equals, it's not an end point to her development.
I wasn't referring to the conversation in Chapter 3, but what happens later on in Roer... which I guess you haven't seen yet. I just felt that her problem could have been resolved in a stronger way this game, since they really spent so much time on it. I just never really got that Alisa could confront her mother as an equal here, which is a shame since I thought she could have done it if she had handled her arguments better.

Quote:
Like said before I'm not worried about them. After TiTS FC and SC, I know exactly how Falcom does things in terms of plot structure. A lot of main cast whose their development started in FC didn't come to ahead until SC. You knew bits and pieces of their pasts until then, but it's the second game that dives into it. ToCS seems to be much the same at this point.

There is still a few people you didn't know much by the end of SC, but they are elaborated on in TiTS the 3rd.
I know that they are saving stuff for the second game, but a part of me just feels that they could have gone the extra step to give some of the less-used party members some extra attention so at least had some development this game. I like the game, it's just that I feel they fumbled a bit with the large cast in this one, and I hope the sequel fixes that.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 12:51   Link #430
Iron Maw
Banned

This thread is getting a bit too spoilery so I'm gonna tag some here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post

In addition to what Alza said.

Oliver's role is completely different in this game now, he said as much in TiTS SC that this would happen. He's no longer the "Wandering Musician" who faffled around half the time, but Olivert the "Second Imperial Prince" and for his ambitions to succeed he doesn't have the time spend with Class VII as much he wants. It would have been the same Estelle and co had assume his second persona from the get go instead of briefly like he did there.

Meuller doesn't even appear until chapter 6 and on top of taking up his official military he's been helping out on the completion of Courageous too. So he naturally wouldn't have many opportunities to meet with class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alza View Post
Like I said I get what the game was trying to do with Laura here (mainly about her widening her world view and trying to look past her prejudices and respecting Fie as the person she is now instead of who she was in the past) and I agree it was a good, but I feel they could have done more with it. I just feel that making the situation so onesided feels was bad (for the conflict), and they could have used this fight to also give Fie some more concrete development on her part too.
Spoiler for Fie & stuff:

Quote:
The game has a large cast and has little time to give to each party member and it has to hold back for the sequel, but a part of me feels that they still could have done more stuff with characters like Emma, Fie and Gaius. So the situation with Laura during chapter 4 feels like a waste to me since it could have been used more strongly to give Fie more character development. Same with Emma, where they could have used her keeping secrets a bit more strongly than just having people go- oh well we know you are lying but we trust you- when they should have asked more questions.
Spoiler for Gaius & Emma:

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the conversation in Chapter 3, but what happens later on in Roer... which I guess you haven't seen yet. I just felt that her problem could have been resolved in a stronger way this game, since they really spent so much time on it. I just never really got that Alisa could confront her mother as an equal here, which is a shame since I thought she could have done it if she had handled her arguments better.
Spoiler for Roer:

Quote:
I know that they are saving stuff for the second game, but a part of me just feels that they could have gone the extra step to give some of the less-used party members some extra attention so at least had some development this game. I like the game, it's just that I feel they fumbled a bit with the large cast in this one, and I hope the sequel fixes that.
Well I'm not gonna stop you if that's how you feel, but I'm just saying that is how Falcom does things with this series it very no way an accident. If ToCS II is as good as TiTS SC was you will get more on the characters you didn't feel got as much attention in this game. YMMV otherwise.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-14 at 01:21.
Old 2016-02-14, 19:56   Link #431
Iron Maw
Banned

Holy ****, that Ch6 Boss!

What a hard as nails fight!

Between dealing with the constant floating mines that can rack up a tin of damage (on top of causing you party to faint) if not take care of immediately to the high level orbal art using robot sidekicks (which can petrify you and cause faint with their normal attacks) you got hardest battle in the game thus far. That say nothing Boss himself who is not only really fast, but can sever your ARCUS links (WTF?!) and his S-Craft will instant kill you if aren't defense buffed (then you just barely). I really lucked out by maxing the Alisa's Angel MQ before this fight since me from a gameover here.

One of few saving grace here is that he can be hit with faint status himself which is frankly pretty much mandatory that you do if not just have some room to breath.
Old 2016-02-16, 23:52   Link #432
Iron Maw
Banned

Whoa... I didn't know that Blue Destination would be the final battle theme for this game... well in this case a variant of it. ToCSII's version is different, most likely plays for when battle a certain someone on foot in the sequel. Eitherway it was great surprise since it's easily my favorite track in ToCS games which is impressive given how good OST has been in general. It's definitely this arc "Sliver Will" (TiTS), or "Inevitable Struggle" (Trail of Zero/Blue) as being the defining theme both in song and importance in the story.

That aside, the was a great last act to close out the game for now. The final dungeon was pretty fantastic in both aesthetics and sound (though I feel TiTS FC's beats it by a hair at being more epic, but it's equal footing with Zero's) and while not as challenging as "C", the boss (who had an awesome theme!) in there in was definitely no pushover. At least as far as the first playthrough is concerned anyway. Arguably one could consider the last boss of Old Schoolhouse the true final battle of game and everything that happened afterward an ending+epilogue really. The new gameplay mechanic/mode introduced at end was pretty fun imo even if was understandably rather barebones because you only gain access to it at very end. It really remind of the Gear battles in Xenogears with an even better potential for strategic depth once we get more actions.

Gameplaywise, I ended up keeping everyone with same MQ they stared with and decided to leave experimentation 2nd playthrough. With long it took to max them their originally ones I thought the were good enough to get me through the game as it was and I wasn't comfortable enough with alternatives yet to remove them.

On the plotside:

Spoiler for Thoughts on the finale and other odds and ends:

I'm finally happy to able to look at second half of my artbook! While might be a bit late, but anyone who has look at it yet, it's not totally spoiler free. One section in talks two characters from Crossbell Arc one of profile burbs spoils something about the second character you wouldn't know about if you haven't played Trails of Zero. Though if you play ToCSII it's probably going to unavoidable. Those anther small spoiler near very end of artbook, but without any context you won't know what it means. You are likely to easily forget about by the time ToCS releases in October.

Anyway, that was a great game! It's by no means perfect, but the strengths certainly overcome it's share of shortcomings. Definitely a worth entry into the series. But man that cliffhanger... I'm already feeling the pain just think about the long wait late half of this year.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I went WTF when I found out that Micht was writer of those Carnelia novels and Toval was actually Toby mentioned in the story.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-17 at 08:05.
Old 2016-02-17, 16:29   Link #433
Dawnstorm

I also just finished the game.

As for the identity of C, I was spoiled so I was amusing myself with theories that I knew to be wrong. I'd have loved for C to be Celine. (It would have explained the need for a humanoid suit...)

My favourite theory, though, is C is...

...Mint. She'd have tried for M, but somehow managed to mess up. Also:

Spoiler:

Seriously, now:

I loved following all the students throughout the game. One of my favourite developments was Clara working on her sculputure becoming an unintended attraction at the festival.

It's clear a lot of love went into this game. It's among my top 3 RPGs for the PS3 (along with Tales of Graces f and Disgaea 4).
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 17:49   Link #434
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Inevitable Struggle was good, but I still prefer for Ao no Kiseki Unfathomed Force (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZy1NTDelfM). That certain someone was hinted in ToCS1 for a ultra short appearance. For Unfathomed Force, I prefer the classic version over Ao no Kiseki Evolution's.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-02-17, 23:47   Link #435
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
I loved following all the students throughout the game. One of my favourite developments was Clara working on her sculputure becoming an unintended attraction at the festival.

It's clear a lot of love went into this game. It's among my top 3 RPGs for the PS3 (along with Tales of Graces f and Disgaea 4).
Agreed! The non-students like Annabell were good too IMO.

This series has a trademark on making tertiary NPCs fairly memorable, like Anton and Ricky for example who are basically show up every Trails game. It also really adds to events in the story later on because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Inevitable Struggle was good, but I still prefer for Ao no Kiseki Unfathomed Force (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZy1NTDelfM). That certain someone was hinted in ToCS1 for a ultra short appearance. For Unfathomed Force, I prefer the classic version over Ao no Kiseki Evolution's.
Unfathomed Force also my favorite Boss theme from the Crossbell Arc (not counting Azure Arbitrator because nothing compares to that ) and it's pretty damn fitting for Ouroboros encounters in that game. What I mean is that Inevitable Struggle just feels like main theme for Trails of Zero and Azure like Silver Will and Blue Destination with Trails of the Sky and Cold Steel respectability. Those songs often play some most important events and battles in those games. They also share the pattern of being tied to certain characters.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Speaking of Sharon, I'm really interested in what role she gonna play in CSII after that reveal. I wonder if Irina even knows about this. It just makes how she ended up meeting the Reinfords even more curious.

Gah, I'm already having withdrawls. The wait for the continuation of this gonna be even more painful than FC>SC was. And the second half is coming out this year opposed to 5 years.

BTW, it doesn't seem like was mentioned here, but the DLC outfits have been up on PSN for awhile now. I just brought for my second play-through later on.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-18 at 00:49.
Old 2016-02-18, 16:44   Link #436
Ringil

I have to agree that Inevitable Struggle is the best song in Zero/Ao and I definitely think of it as the main theme.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 19:11   Link #437
marvelB

As far as battle themes go, I also wanna give Unfathomed Force a shout-out as my favorite of the Crossbell arc's. Really, I like Zero/Ao's soundtracks the best out of the Kiseki games, period. Just all-around awesome, IMO.

But seeing as this thread is for the Sen/CS titles, then my personal fave battle theme goes to.... (guess this might count, as a spoiler, so):

Spoiler for Sen 2:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 02:52   Link #438
cloud04
Scanlator

started playing this now on hard, its like a mix of every rpg out there lol..+ yandere simulator...
also dafaq that 3rd floor guardian -.- right off the bat 3 devil beam ohko everyone
Old 2016-03-04, 16:14   Link #439
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails...43859172306159

Excellent progress
Old 2016-03-04, 19:57   Link #440
Ringil

Thanks for the link
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria