AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 04:48   Link #61
Arya

Ok, the plot is not something memorable, but which is it these days? Lately, for these kind of series I look for the characters more than the plot (more than I usually do). Surely it looks more interesting than absolute duo. Let's see how it progresses

Is it really similar to DxD? Since I dropped that show right after ep. 1, I'd be leant to say that they are not, except for probably the ecchi part.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 07:06   Link #62
Mentar
Banned

It sure isn't anything great. Still, it gave me fewer facepalm moments compared to Absolute Duo. Picking this one over the other, but I can't say for how long.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 08:26   Link #63
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Guys who are saying it's like DxD, it's not, the story and characters are way better.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 08:52   Link #64
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Guys who are saying it's like DxD, it's not, the story and characters are way better.
From what I've seen of this series DXD is leagues above testament story/character wise.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 09:39   Link #65
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
From what I've seen of this series DXD is leagues above testament story/character wise.
Don't know how much you've seen of this series, but HELL no.
Old 2015-01-08, 09:42   Link #66
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Don't know how much you've seen of this series, but HELL no.
Read the frist 4 novels and frankly they're not that great, even Hagure from the same author was better.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 10:01   Link #67
anime fan99

Quote:
okay

MC = Currently I prefer Basara over Issei Do not get me wrong i like Issei finally a MC in a Harem anime that wants a harem He just needs to be a little smooth about it

Story = I can not judge on the story after one episode and DXD After two season Outside of Issei Quest to be the harem king I did not understand anything about the story, I'm not kidding some one explain
Old 2015-01-08, 10:28   Link #68
Mentar
Banned

To be honest, I don't quite understand the comparison.

DxD is an ecchi romance comedy with a bit of action to please the shounen.

ShinMaou is an action drama bordering H.

They are distinctly different. Don't expect THAT much laughing in ShinMaou.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 10:42   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
To be honest, I don't quite understand the comparison.

DxD is an ecchi romance comedy with a bit of action to please the shounen.

ShinMaou is an action drama bordering H.

They are distinctly different. Don't expect THAT much laughing in ShinMaou.
Mentar is right, DxD is a comedy ecchi, Testament is an action drama, completely different story archetypes. while maria provide some comedy relief, it's not a focal point of the story telling.

And Basara is a total badass from the beginning, which gives him +points' from the get go.
Old 2015-01-08, 11:12   Link #70
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Read the frist 4 novels and frankly they're not that great, even Hagure from the same author was better.
IMO, this one is better, but everyone have their opinion, so what can I do

Quote:
Well, DxD have 19 volumes, surely there is more plot and character growth compared to a serie with just 7 books that is now going somewhere

All in all, DxD and Shinmai are totally different like what Mentar said, anime viewers will understand that by the end of the season(if not by the end of next chaoter)
Old 2015-01-08, 11:31   Link #71
Seihai
スマイリウム

I came in expecting fanservice and action. What I got: fanservice and action and a pretty interesting story at that.
No complaints here. And all they really censored was that one panty shot that I honestly don't need uncensored but will still check out the AT-X version anyway.
What intrigued me most is Mio's flashback at the end which is hopefully a doorway to explore her past before the series is over.
I'd also like to know more about Basara's past and am looking forward to the addition of that blue haired character in the coming episodes.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 11:33   Link #72
Miraluka
Banned

Hahaha, when I heard Toujo's father voice I knew he is going to be a badass. And also I thought that at some point Accelerator was about to appear saying "Kihara-kun~"
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 11:34   Link #73
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I came in expecting fanservice and action. What I got: fanservice and action and a pretty interesting story at that.
No complaints here. And all they really censored was that one panty shot that I honestly don't need uncensored but will still check out the AT-X version anyway.
What intrigued me most is Mio's flashback at the end which is hopefully a doorway to explore her past before the series is over.
I'd also like to know more about Basara's past and am looking forward to the addition of that blue haired character in the coming episodes.
how do you check out the AT-X version
Old 2015-01-08, 11:58   Link #74
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Wow, the anime sure gave me different vibe compare to both LN and manga;
Now with voice, Basara (serious mode) and his father voice seems more 'badass'.

Really like the moment when Basara spin then removing his weapon after his attack.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 12:02   Link #75
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
how do you check out the AT-X version
Is this a bait? lol If you can watch the non AT-X version then you probably know how to watch the AT-X version as well.
Here, I'll just leave you with the official onair schedule:
http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/onair
Fyi the earliest one is every Thursday at 10 PM JP time.
Old 2015-01-08, 12:07   Link #76
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Is this a bait? lol If you can watch the non AT-X version then you probably know how to watch the AT-X version as well.
Here, I'll just leave you with the official onair schedule:
http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/onair
Fyi the earliest one is every Thursday at 10 PM JP time.
no is not i honestly do not know how to watch the AT-X version PM ME
Old 2015-01-08, 12:21   Link #77
BWTraveller
Born to ship

After seeing the first ep, I have to say it felt a bit like Pastel with demons. I mean, you've got the same basic story of a guy living with two girls who have nowhere else to go, one is the constant recipient of his accidental perversion while the other takes immense joy in mischievously encouraging all manner of sexual tension. That's the core of it. Then we add in your rather cliché Demon King bit, with demons as less evil spirits and more cute Klingons, with our future Demon Lord the only hope remaining that the demons might avoid fighting themselves to death. Certainly seen that sort of thing before too, as well as many variants on it. How much longer will it take before people get tired of the not-so-evil demon king bit?

On a side note, Maria scared me for a second with those hair accessories. Usually, when I see some fashion accessory with both the "male" and "female" symbols, it's meant to raise the question of just which one the character is. Good thing she doesn't seem to be a trap, just a pervert who's really big on bringing male and female together, if you know what I mean.

This looks interesting enough, though I'm still a little uncertain. Either way, once I start I try to give everything at least 3 eps to convince me, so we'll see how it goes.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 12:24   Link #78
Miraluka
Banned

But what difference is going to make ATX version for this episode anyway?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 12:40   Link #79
Seihai
スマイリウム

Aside from maybe the initial panty shot, likely nothing. People who are oversensitive towards censors probably get the most out of it.
Old 2015-01-08, 14:20   Link #80
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Basara more badass than Issei. He's the scars to prove it!

I like the ED badass part where he saved Mio, then walked away with his back turned and like, "We're leaving( b****es).".
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi