AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2007-09-13, 02:00   Link #501
lovecakecookies

i think the studio is probably going to start the anime when the novels finish, it makes more sense that way and provides closure to the anime series, so there probably wont be another anime for about a year. (hopefully they will release some sort of OVA or something in the meantime... ) when did they announce TSR anyways? like a 2 months before it start airing?
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 05:55   Link #502
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
i think the studio is probably going to start the anime when the novels finish, it makes more sense that way and provides closure to the anime series, so there probably wont be another anime for about a year. (hopefully they will release some sort of OVA or something in the meantime... ) when did they announce TSR anyways? like a 2 months before it start airing?
Good question, I have no idea about the TSR-announcement to be completely honest. I didn't watch any of the FMP-series while they were airing... I parked my ass on my favorite chair and watched all three series within 24 hours. Couldn't stop once I got started. ^^

I also believe that they've been waiting for the series (or the main plot-related part of the series) to be concluded, and I'm quite satisfied that they decided upon that. (If that's the case that is.) I tend to dislike anime original endings, and looking back at the vast amount of anime-shows that I've seen during the years, I've been disappointed more often than not whenever a studio decides to go for their own ending instead of waiting for additional material from the "original source" - in this case Gatoh's light novels. The most recent example of this anime original ending problem is Claymore. I wanted it to stay true to the manga, but since there's only one chapter released every month (compared to like one chapter per week in the cases Naruto, Bleach and several others) it will not be completed until 2011 or something. This is not the case with FMP though, and I would be truly thrilled to learn about an upcoming attempt to finish the main plot part of the story by animating it... staying true to Gatoh's storyline. Judging by the pacing of FMP! and FMP!TSR, it would take about 36-ish episodes to finish the job, given the fact that there will be 5 novels left to animate, and the main plot-seasons that have been released so far took care of the first 5 novels. Note that I'm not including Fumoffu since it's side story material. To be honest, I would be totally disappointed if they announce a new FMP-anime and it turns out to be something like "Fumoffu 2". I want main plot... nothing else to be honest. Sure, side story material is better than nothing, but if they decide to continue animating FMP... please give us more main plot. *crossing fingers*
Old 2007-09-13, 08:33   Link #503
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
i doubt that they would do a fumoffu 2, im pretty sure that everyone is becoming complacent in waiting, and a fumoffu 2 would probably lose alot of support. im hoping the people within the studio and those affiliated have realized this as well, if they are going to get a strong backing and a crap ton of fan support the only option they have is to rap up the series, wasting time with "humor" is not enough to keep our attention, especially with the novel being finished soon. the last thing they need is to prolong this amazing series... more than they already have!
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 08:39   Link #504
Ralyssa

Hello people. I'm knew here and I'm a little confused.
xD
Please someone help me. I've seen FMP 1, TSR, Fumoffu, OVA and Special. I want to know if there is anywhere I can look and find about the series and any site where I can get information.
Ralyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 08:41   Link #505
Ralyssa

Hello, I'm knew here at Animesuki and I wanted to know if I've seen all the episodes:
FMP 1, TSR, Fumoffu, OVA and Special.
Can someone tell me , also, where I can find out information on the anime?
Ralyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 13:14   Link #506
Kami
FMP fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Kami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
To be honest, I would be totally disappointed if they announce a new FMP-anime and it turns out to be something like "Fumoffu 2". I want main plot... nothing else to be honest. Sure, side story material is better than nothing, but if they decide to continue animating FMP... please give us more main plot. *crossing fingers*
I'm totally with you on that! Fumoffu 2 now, would be like throw cold water on us
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 20:14   Link #507
yukumushio

sorry if this is sort of off topic but...I was wondering...why is the GONZO version considered bad by many? I haven't read the novels, but I plan to when they come out. Did GONZO change the story a lot? Or not enough Character development? T_T The first novels 1-7 are hard to find, It hasn't been printed yet by the publisher in Canada, and it isn't online...

ON TOPIC: They probably will animate another series won't they? But this time 24 eps? FMP is pretty popular...
Although, KyoAni is sorta busy with Clannad, and Haruhi so they gotta get those outta the way before they can even start thinking about FMP. They only do 1 series at a time I hear.
yukumushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 15:57   Link #508
Raishinshi
Your Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukumushio View Post
sorry if this is sort of off topic but...I was wondering...why is the GONZO version considered bad by many? I haven't read the novels, but I plan to when they come out. Did GONZO change the story a lot? Or not enough Character development? T_T The first novels 1-7 are hard to find, It hasn't been printed yet by the publisher in Canada, and it isn't online...
I don't really think the GONZO version was bad. Although I would have prefered KyoAni do the first one, I didn't have a problem with the GONZO one. After all, the first series is the one that got me sucked in. They also added that cool part in Helmagistan.
Raishinshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 17:44   Link #509
yukumushio

Oh, I see, so GONZO version was good, but just not as good as KyoAni? I thought I read somewhere that it was somewhat different from the novel
yukumushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 17:59   Link #510
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukumushio View Post
Oh, I see, so GONZO version was good, but just not as good as KyoAni? I thought I read somewhere that it was somewhat different from the novel
Well sure, it's not a word-for-word adaptation of the novels, but they're not straying that far from the original storyline. I loved the first show, better than Fumoffu really, but it's definitely inferior to TSR. (Personal opinions of course.) Anyhow, one thing I didn't like about GONZO's season was the fact that some segments/scenes were directed in a somewhat corny way. Example: remember when Sousuke and Kaname "almost kiss" close to the climax of the plane hijack? When they think that Kurz is out cold and he interrupts them. The short flash of Sousuke and Kaname turning away, the latter one with the skirt blowing in an unrealistic wind in order to display panties... well, it pisses me off since it could've been done in a much better way. Same thing goes for the scene at the trainstation, where a sudden gust of wind decides to show us Kaname's panties. This is also done in an extremely crappy manner, and it's probably the worst pantsu-shot I've ever encountered in an anime. =P

Don't get me wrong though, I still love FMP! (like I said, not nearly as much as TSR, but better than Fumoffu), it's just that I think KyoAni would've done it a lot better. Heck, if I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought the entire season on DVD. ^^
Old 2007-09-14, 20:37   Link #511
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
hyow long does it take to make a series??? A year? Hmm, these companies need to develop more divisions...
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 10:43   Link #512
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Don't get me wrong though, I still love FMP! (like I said, not nearly as much as TSR, but better than Fumoffu)
I totally agree with this statement, the first fmp was more of an intro, ya know get u acquainted with everything, TSR just broke your balls with drama!!!! to me there was little comedy and pure action, along with personal problems and dilemmas, which made it that more dynamic. Kyoani in my opinion nailed TSR right on the head, and produced a greatly animated and greatly planned out storyline, even tho they had the novel to base off, it was still original and followed pretty well.

the reason i think ppl like TSR so much better is because it dives into the characters psyche, especially sousuke, it lets you know how he actually feels towards her.... and kaname whoops one of the twins arse!!!! SO HOTT!!!! it is a much more serious of a plot and carried out to a tee..... * goes to watch TSR again *
Old 2007-09-15, 13:43   Link #513
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
hyow long does it take to make a series??? A year? Hmm, these companies need to develop more divisions...
I disagree. Making more divisions or departments will only dilute production, even if it speeds it up.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 02:17   Link #514
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
i doubt that they would do a fumoffu 2, im pretty sure that everyone is becoming complacent in waiting, and a fumoffu 2 would probably lose alot of support. im hoping the people within the studio and those affiliated have realized this as well, if they are going to get a strong backing and a crap ton of fan support the only option they have is to rap up the series, wasting time with "humor" is not enough to keep our attention, especially with the novel being finished soon. the last thing they need is to prolong this amazing series... more than they already have!
While I wouldn't mind if they did a Fumoffu 2, I don't think they will - the studio already has a fair bit on their plate already (Clannad and the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya), so it's not as though they need to kill time before starting on another FMP (assuming they ultimately intend to). I agree with those who say they're just waiting for the series to end - they might as well now, since it's so close.

Assuming they even do decide to go ahead and animate the rest of FMP, I've heard people speculate that they might come up with an OVA to "bridge" the gap between the ending of TSR and the beginning of whatever the next series. There's no real reason for thinking that other than the fact that they have quite a bit of material to go, and they probably won't try and cram it all in to one series. From what I understand, the book that takes place over Christmas could probably make a fairly decent OVA or something as it's fairly self contained, and that would leave them with 4 novels to go (I think). Given how Kyoto Animation's run on FMP proper covered 2 novels in 13 episodes, it stands to reason that unless the novels are all Order of the Phoenix length, they could cover all 4 in 26 episodes. Of course this is all pure speculation on my part. We'll have to just wait and see what happens.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 02:54   Link #515
Miles Teg

The first 4 episodes of TSR are anime original.The two novel have been animated in 9 episodes.

I really think it's possible to do the last 5 novel in 26 episodes, because except for ADVMC all the other novel are direct continuation of each other, so they don't have to animate something to make a link between them.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 11:19   Link #516
sagara-san

hey guys um i just got into FMP like 3 weeks ago and now im crazy about it =/ well any ways i was wanting to know if there is going to be a season 4 i saw the 1st rade and fumoffu then the second rade if you know anything please tell thx ^_^
sagara-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 12:45   Link #517
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara-san View Post
hey guys um i just got into FMP like 3 weeks ago and now im crazy about it =/ well any ways i was wanting to know if there is going to be a season 4 i saw the 1st rade and fumoffu then the second rade if you know anything please tell thx ^_^
lol this whole message board is about a new season, read from about page 22 and on and that should be sufficient to answer your question.
Old 2007-09-17, 13:15   Link #518
sagara-san

heh ok thx ^^
sagara-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 20:51   Link #519
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

well i have a question... will they end the anime according to the novels or will they dress it up? and if the novel ends happily (which i hope it will) will they stick with a happy ending. cuz i hate how anime ends the series open and half assed. also it tends to have a gloomy feel. it seems that every anime i have watched since 2005 has had a shitty ending, it could have been much better but it seems that the producer loves to end on a tragic note... do u feel they will do this with FMP and some how prevent kaname and sousuke from being together?
Old 2007-09-18, 20:58   Link #520
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
well i have a question... will they end the anime according to the novels or will they dress it up? and if the novel ends happily (which i hope it will) will they stick with a happy ending. cuz i hate how anime ends the series open and half assed. also it tends to have a gloomy feel. it seems that every anime i have watched since 2005 has had a shitty ending, it could have been much better but it seems that the producer loves to end on a tragic note... do u feel they will do this with FMP and some how prevent kaname and sousuke from being together?
You are getting ahead of yourself. FMP novels haven't even ended yet, so we can't speculate on what kind of changes would be made for anime if we don't even know what the source material would be like.

Rest assured, KoAni has the author on the bat-phone. Just as they hired the author of Lucky Star to write the final episode of the anime series, KyoAni is stubbonly unwilling to make any drastic changes from any author's vision. Any changes would be canon to the author.

Tags
there is a god!