2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-02, 09:33   Link #201
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hey, that's kinda insulting.
It's not like everyone should read the original source like the adaptation fails in storytelling.
I apologize if I was rude. Anyway, the later books expand on the relationships between the girls and Araragi. The problem is not in the adaptation, is in your interpretation. For several reasons, like the fact this topic invites spoilers, or simply that establishing the power ranking of relationships is lame and bad taste, I exhort you to stop.

(There are certain trolls that pit fans of one series against fans of another series. Similarly, pitting character against character even within the same series may result in a mess. What you were trying to do will make things worse)
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 13:41   Link #202
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Hitagi>All (FOR ME) I love that "girl" XD
Old 2012-02-02, 21:00   Link #203
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I apologize if I was rude. Anyway, the later books expand on the relationships between the girls and Araragi. The problem is not in the adaptation, is in your interpretation. For several reasons, like the fact this topic invites spoilers, or simply that establishing the power ranking of relationships is lame and bad taste, I exhort you to stop.

(There are certain trolls that pit fans of one series against fans of another series. Similarly, pitting character against character even within the same series may result in a mess. What you were trying to do will make things worse)
That's never my intention., don't worry.
Shifting back to the topic, I wonder what approach Araragi would do to cure his gigantic younger sister, now that Shinobu states her incapability to eat the effects of supernatural phenomena.

Of course, I haven't read the light novels, so I don't know everything.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:02   Link #204
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
That's never my intention., don't worry.
Shifting back to the topic, I wonder what approach Araragi would do to cure his gigantic younger sister, now that Shinobu states her incapability to eat the effects of supernatural phenomena.

Of course, I haven't read the light novels, so I don't know everything.
beatup kaike till he lift the curse
Old 2012-02-02, 21:26   Link #205
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Send Hitagi to Kaiki, maybe
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 00:12   Link #206
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hmm, considering that he knows that Kaiki is suspicious at least and he has been told of his capabilities (by Hitagi and Shinobu), I think Araragi confronting Kaiki personally would be a more likely scenario.

There's also a good chance that Kaiki might give Araragi a beating (physically or in other aspect) before he ends up "ending the game".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-02-03, 04:19   Link #207
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Hmm, considering that he knows that Kaiki is suspicious at least and he has been told of his capabilities (by Hitagi and Shinobu), I think Araragi confronting Kaiki personally would be a more likely scenario.

There's also a good chance that Kaiki might give Araragi a beating (physically or in other aspect) before he ends up "ending the game".
Well lets consider what we know for now.

-Karen was poisoned
-Vampires are weak against poison (episode 10 Bake)
-He's a master liar

If Araragi confronts Kaiki, wouldn't he get killed? Remember that he reminds Araragi of Oshino and GullitineCutter so he is no normal human.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 04:27   Link #208
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

But currently, he's the type that would allow himself to be rent asunder just to save someone (see Suruga Monkey and Nadeko Snake). It's not really farfetched that he'd go the distance for Karen...

...and I'd be shocked if Hitagi ends up confronting Kaiki instead.

Triple Shinobu combo, btw.

Old 2012-02-03, 04:37   Link #209
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
But currently, he's the type that would allow himself to be rent asunder just to save someone (see Suruga Monkey and Nadeko Snake). It's not really farfetched that he'd go the distance for Karen...

...and I'd be shocked if Hitagi ends up confronting Kaiki instead.

Triple Shinobu combo, btw.
That's assuming if Karen can even be saved. The problems in Bake was solved by confronting the Kaii itself but this time the enemy is a human. For all we know Kaiki could be killed and Karen still wouldn't be saved.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 07:06   Link #210
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If so, then the only possible way to defeat an unconventional enemy is to win through unconventional means.

So, Karen would either save herself, or a normal human (humans with kaii encounters count) would save her.

Fuck, am I the only one doing the speculah here?

Old 2012-02-03, 07:46   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, I think Araragi will simply confront Kaiki and get the antidote from him. Or it will turn out the sting wasn't lethal and Karen will get better on her own after a few days.

We know Kaiki is a con man, but that doesn't mean he's a cold blooded killer.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:35   Link #212
Clarste
Human

Well, if you think of it that way, then as a con man isn't "selling" them the antidote after they get desperate exactly what he wants? There's no profit in your potential customers dying.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:41   Link #213
Candyshark

Well I understand everybody interested how Arararagi gonna deal with threat me included. At the moment i'm more interested why would Kaiki even target Koyomi since i doubt it is just a coincidance and Karen happened to be in the wrong time at the wrong place.

@Kanon: well we don't really know whether he is a cold blooded killer:P

On the matter of confrontation (so Marcus doesn't feel so lonely) . I personally think physical is out of question. Kaiki will definitely mess with his mind. Maybe put him in some kind of pat situation where Koyomi have to choose between whether to save Karen or endanger his relathinships with Hitagi or other girls. I wish Koyomi would be more active in their relationship.

I highly doubt Kaiki is out for money most likely for most likely for some kai powers. So Kanbaru, Tsubasa, Shinobu could be his target. Plus there is Tsikihi. It is unknow if she has anything in store. Damn you novel readers! you may have a blast right now giggle in the fist observing how anime only viewers trying to hit the sky with a finger.

Anyways let NTR doujinshi commence(RAITA stuff would be awesome).
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 12:05   Link #214
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
But was Kaiki targeting Koyomi's harem to begin with or the oddities (Hitagi, Suruga, possibly Karen) that are attracted to Koyomi (according to Tsubasa's theory/excuse)... the second seems much more reasonable... not that it matters much, just saying

@Candyshark: Another NTR comrade Monogatari, because of Hitagi/Koyomi is perfect for semi-NTR stories
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:13   Link #215
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I highly doubt Kaiki is out for money most likely for most likely for some kai powers. So Kanbaru, Tsubasa, Shinobu could be his target. Plus there is Tsikihi. It is unknow if she has anything in store. Damn you novel readers! you may have a blast right now giggle in the fist observing how anime only viewers trying to hit the sky with a finger.
I dunno, he seems more like a "profit" guy to me. He scammed Senjougahara when she didn't have any power to give him, and he was thinking about targeting Kanbaru just now but decided against it because he couldn't feel the presence of the demon, ie: she didn't need any help. He's first and foremost a con artist: he targets people who need help and takes whatever he can get out of them. What's important is not what they "have" but how desperate they are, and therefore what they're willing to give him to get rid of it.

Now, I agree that "profit" isn't the same thing as "money" but I can't see him as power-hungry. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 2012-02-03, 15:00   Link #216
Candyshark

@Malkuth: I dislike NTR, but yeah appearance of another male is perfect setup for it.

What kind of profit can you get from teenage guy and his sisters besides kai powers. Most likely I just overthinking it.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:31   Link #217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Have you seen their house? Their parents must be loaded.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 16:59   Link #218
Clarste
Human

Remember that even Oshino was taking money for his services. Araragi had quite a large debt to him. It's not weird at all to expect that people will pay for things.

I'm not saying he specifically targeted Karen because he wanted something from her family (how could he have planned that? she confronted him), but now that she's cursed taking advantage of it seems like it would be in character.
Old 2012-02-03, 19:43   Link #219
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Have you seen their house? Their parents must be loaded.
I thought Araragi's fancy house (and bathroom) was just SHAFT design.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 03:25   Link #220
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I thought Araragi's fancy house (and bathroom) was just SHAFT design.
So the Araragi must be Shinbo's children?

Aside from what everyone mentions. One of the more subtle service fan service this episode seems to be that scene with Karen and Tsubasa at around 7th min mark. I knows Araragi think Tsubasa is just like 2nd mother to them, but still a great turn on at that pose