AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 03:31   Link #601
Undertaker

Really, Damn, I need to catch up on my OP anime. Got so much stuff on my plate and I sort of dropped OP anime for a while and just keep it on the manga side.

So Hody isn't Luffy's bitch in anime?!!!

Not going to lie, that actually sounds a bit interesting even though I agree with you that Toei missed the point here...
Old 2013-03-30, 04:50   Link #602
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Yes. I eagerly await that someone's reply .

So, SOGESNAKE, would you say this game is enough of an upgrade/update to be considered a sequel? It looks great, but it still doesn't quite suffice for the package I'm looking for. Hopefully, Pirate Warriors 3 will deliver that.
Honestly.... the game itself is a huge step up from the first game in terms of gameplay, mechanics, characters and such... I wouldn't exactly say it's one of the better games out there. Sure, if you enjoyed the first game.... you'll most likely really enjoy the game... but the game I don't believe would be something "SUPER AMAZING" that completely redeems the first game. I'd definately recommend watching a playthrough if your not entirely sure of the game itself just to see the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But honestly, I'm a little disappointed that Caesar doesn't seem to be a boss in this game despite Punk Hazard even being a stage here. I'd also would have at least expected Hody Jones to make it as a boss, as well. I'd especially think that would be fitting since the anime changed Hody from the near-total fodder he was in the manga to some Lucci-level fighter who was somehow able to keep up with Luffy in Gear 2 mode, and - heaven forbid - actually gave him some trouble during their battle! I STILL find it hilarious how Toei completely missed the point of that fight (Hody was NEVER supposed to be a serious threat for Luffy, lol).

Sooo... it IS also alittle weird, cause they're ARE enemy models based off the hazmat suit guys from Punk Hazard as enemies... and as for Hody...

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:
Old 2013-03-30, 08:12   Link #603
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Ceasar, Hodi, and Vergo, should be in the next installment. By that time, the Punk Hazard arc should be finished in the anime. I expect Moria to be playable as well. Doflamingo might even have a shot of making the roster or being a boss at least.
Old 2013-03-30, 13:30   Link #604
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Really, Damn, I need to catch up on my OP anime. Got so much stuff on my plate and I sort of dropped OP anime for a while and just keep it on the manga side.

So Hody isn't Luffy's bitch in anime?!!!

Not going to lie, that actually sounds a bit interesting even though I agree with you that Toei missed the point here...

Actually, I don't watch much of the anime nowadays, either. I just watch bits and pieces of it to see how certain scenes are handled. And lordy, did my eyes roll when I saw the Hody fight!

But heck, you don't need to take MY word on it:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 01:47   Link #605
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

So, I've finally gone and beaten the "Dream Story" for the game... unlocked all the characters, and tried them all out abit.... Sooooooooooooo....

Spoiler for Remainer of Story from where I left off (SPOILERS):

Sooo... all in all, an alright story. Something I'd expect from a "Dream Story" no doubt. Guess they somewhat made up for the lack of Fishman Island/Punk Hazard by having the finishers from each put into the endings. All in all... if you didn't like the first game or it didn't impress you... I really don't think this game will change your opinion. However, if you DID like the first game... then I'd definately recommend this game, as they've fixed ALOT of the gameplay problems from the first.

I had said before that from the characters I'd played, Smoker was my favourite of the new ones.... having played them all now... my current favourite is probably now between Blackbeard (with both fruits) and Garp. Blackbeard cause... well, it's Blackbeard with both powers... as for Garp, I expceted him to be a powerhouse like Whitebeard, but god... I didn't expect his moveset to be so.... THAT powerful.

Enemies that sometimes take 4-5 hits to kill with characters like Akainu or Ace, Garp just decimates in 1-2 hits with either one of his wrestling moves, or just his normal punches. On another note... characters I figure that are gonna take awhile to get used to their styles are Eneru and Marco. Eneru mostly cause he has a Voltage Meter that builds with certain attacks, and is used to power up some of his moves... like his 30,000,000 Volt Hino will turn to 40,000,000 Volt Kiten, or at max will turn to 60,000,000 Volt Julungul. Marco on the other hand.... his moveset is kinda... everywhere. What I mean is, you push triangle once, and he's already flying forwards doing zig zags and flips. He's fantastic for attacking groups of enemies... unfortunately, since he's all over the place most of the time... it's hard to hit a single boss most of the time. On the other side, both his specials regenerate his health, so I guess it's VERY hard to die using Marco~
Old 2013-04-04, 22:00   Link #606
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^How do the support characters work? To be more specific, how do you use them in move/command sequences? Also, what moves do Jozu and Vista use?
Old 2013-04-04, 22:28   Link #607
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

^ Each character has their own Style Action (Luffy enters Gear 2nd, Sanji uses Diable Jambe, etc), which powers up your attacks for about.... 30 seconds (depending on what level your character is at). If you manage to defeat a certain amount of enemies, OR defeat a boss before it wears out, you can activate a Partner Strike. Pretty much what that does is switch you to your Partner (by linking 2 special attacks together, an example being Franky using Coup de Boo to launch enemies up, where you'll switch to Luffy to use Jet Rocket to launch the enemies away), and you'll fight as your partner for about 30 seconds. While your playing as your partner.... your attack is up, and your invulnerable. Sooo... pretty much you play as a different character for abit depending on which partner you chose at the start of the mission. When you choose characters like Moria, Ivankov, Vista, Jozu, etc who aren't actually playable, when you activate the Partner Strike, all they do is a somewhat more powerful special attack before switching back to your main character.

(Skip to 2:00 in the video for Partner Strike)

Unfortunately for Vista and Jozu... their Partner Strike's aren't very.... original. Vista's just being some generic sword swings, while Jozu's is a single Brilliant Punk forward. I probably should point out that through the Model Viewer in Gallery Mode, you can actually view character's performing their moves and such.... and looking at Vista/Jozu.... Vista's entire moveset is about 4-5 moves, all directly from pre-timeskip Zoro's moveset (Oni-Giri/108 Pound Cannon, only with rose petals flung everywhere), and his special being Rose Rondo (firing Roses forward). Jozu's moveset is aboutr 3-4 generic club strikes, while his 2 specials being Brilliant Punk, and Dispersion Impact (the iceburg throw).
Old 2013-04-04, 22:48   Link #608
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Thanks for the detailed explanation and video. From the unplayable support characters, who do you find the best overall? As in, which of those is most effective for eliminating crowds of enemies?
Old 2013-04-04, 23:02   Link #609
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Hmmmm... from all the unplayable characters... I'd have to say I find Moria to be the best. Since most of the specials that lead into Partner Strikes gather up all surrounding enemies into a single area (Nami's Tornado Tempo, Crocodile's Sandstorm, or Blackbeard's Dark Matter), Moria's follow-up special seems to have the biggest attack radius. Sure it's nothing really special, just 4-5 Tsuno-Tokage shooting out of the ground. But from what I've seen it's damage output is second only to Jozu's Brilliant Punk.
Old 2013-04-04, 23:50   Link #610
Undertaker

Question, from your video, Garp's got a surprising crowd clearing ability (a HUGE plus) but there seem to be decent amount of pauses before his large moves.

Does he have the attack priority in those?

What I mean is that will enemy able to damage him during those pauses? Because that can kill you in a second at hardest difficulty. (which I love to play once the character are builded up enough to challenge)
Old 2013-04-05, 03:39   Link #611
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

I assume you mean the pauses while he's switching from stuff like his charge attack to the german suplex, to the spinning throws? If so, then yeah.... Garp won't take damage mid-combos when basic enemies attack. However, bosses like Kizaru or Blackbeard will easily break through your shield and knock Garp flat on his ass if your not careful with your combos.

On a side note, pressing select as Garp causes him to toss his jacket off.... SERIOUS MODE~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2013-04-05 at 03:51.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:02   Link #612
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

...Was Garp always that... BIG?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:33   Link #613
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well... considering how big he's always been compared to Luffy.... I'd have to say so~
Old 2013-04-06, 00:55   Link #614
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I assume you mean the pauses while he's switching from stuff like his charge attack to the german suplex, to the spinning throws? If so, then yeah.... Garp won't take damage mid-combos when basic enemies attack. However, bosses like Kizaru or Blackbeard will easily break through your shield and knock Garp flat on his ass if your not careful with your combos.

On a side note, pressing select as Garp causes him to toss his jacket off.... SERIOUS MODE~

Yeah that's what I meant, thanks.

Tags
ps3, video games