AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 22:55   Link #341
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
@thyponsentra : GG is a fansub group that usually releases all of their video's in MKV.

I usually don't download GG because of MKV, even with CCCP it usually has problems. I see the picture and hear it, but the words will be faster than the animation and I hate that problem so I usually stick with avi.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 22:59   Link #342
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

GG is the group fansubing Toradora!, or at least, the ones who first released the first ep.

As for this ep, it started really good. Maybe JC Staff has a chance of redemption after what they did to ZnT.

Edit: ... well, I wirte too slow...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:00   Link #343
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
WTF IS THIS ABOMINATION OF NATURE!? KILL IT WITH FIRE NOW!!!

Taiga's reaction to it was right, this is going to scare countless children shitless for generations to come.
You caught Inko-chan on a good day. The manga is much more hideous ;D (And it seems more like a white cockatiel in the manga instead of a parrot)

http://www.onemanga.com/Tora_Dora/1/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Tora_Dora/2/19/

Kill it with fire! 0_o

Last edited by JediNight; 2008-10-02 at 23:22.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:03   Link #344
typhonsentra

Ahh okay. Big brain fart on my part, all I had to do was type in GG and anime into google to find them.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:18   Link #345
Falkor

I just got home, so I'm downloading the episode right now (together with Clannad)

I will give the show 3 episodes, or just before it reaches episode 5 that it will happen... hint: mark my words, I will quote them later on...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:21   Link #346
JediNight
キズランダム

Actually going back over the first 2 chapters of the manga in comparison to Ep1 I've revised downward what I think of it so far a bit.

Spoiler:

Last edited by JediNight; 2008-10-02 at 23:36.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:35   Link #347
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Actually going back over the first 2 chapters of the manga in comparison to Ep1 I've revised downward what I think of it so far a bit.

Spoiler:
Very interesting and critical information...
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:39   Link #348
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

@JediNight - It's obvious as to why they changed that. By altering it slightly they can get a lower age rating, thus increasing the number of potential fans.

For me though i didn't see anything all that good about the episode. It wasn't bad, but it's hardly a great one. I gave it 4/10. Hopefully someone will do a avi version, but i doubt i'll be following this series.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:41   Link #349
Asrialys

Which demented bird looks more demented? Inko-chan or Rose's boyfriend in Fullmetal Alchemist? :P
Old 2008-10-02, 23:42   Link #350
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

I thought I was watching Zero's Pet again. I hope they get beyond the "dog" issue. It has promise.
Old 2008-10-02, 23:56   Link #351
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
we need pics! and screenies! to go along with teh words.

I thought first ep was good. we'll see tho, ill give it my 5 episode trial run
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:01   Link #352
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'm... not up on the lingo around here. Who or what is GG?
I honestly hope you're trolling us here -_- Who hasn't heard of gg...

Anyway, the teacher: Is she Haruka Tomatsu? Sounded a lot like Chika Miderazaki from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki.
Old 2008-10-03, 00:02   Link #353
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Not bad.

It's funnier than the manga, I'll give it that. But the pacing compared to the manga is like ZOMGWTFSONICSPEED

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:08   Link #354
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I had zero interest in this show because it looked so... well, typical. I gave it a shot since a friend had expressed some interest in it for particular reasons, and I'm glad I did. While it seemed cliched at first glance, it's really turning these cliches on their heads. I enjoyed Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu for similar reasons, but Toradora! goes much farther in making a quality, compelling production.

Kugimiya may be doing too much of this sort of role, but I wouldn't know. I never found any of the other shows she's played this type of role in interesting enough to watch, so this is a first for me. I think she does an amazing job. I'm glad she's doing it, because I can't imagine any other seiyuu I'm familiar with doing it as well as she does. Granted, the character of Taiga does get incredibly annoying incredibly fast, but that's not Kugimiya's fault.

Can J.C. Staff pull it off? Well, they did get Potemayo right... And, uh... crap. Well, I figure we have a 1 in 10 chance they won't make an incredible start and turn it into a train wreck in the middle (I still haven't forgiven them for ruining Asatte no Houkou).

houkoholic, thanks for the clarification on Inko. I can see how they captured the book's description, but unfortunately I don't think it was clearly communicated to viewers who aren't familiar with the book. I really wondered what joke I was missing.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:26   Link #355
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
just watched 1st ep. inko-chan looks wierd, & what's w/ the "kono inu" "urusai urusai" anyway 1st ep was fun.
how come those desks & seats come flying in the classroom when ryuuji enters the classroom, did taiga hit 'em~? but she's inside the locker
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:35   Link #356
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wow, I loved the episode, it was a good as I expected. The way Ryuuji generally looks and smiles is better than the manga, where he looks nothing more than if he has black under his eyes and doesn't give any impression in terms of appearance that he looks dangerous or is a "deliquent".
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Spoiler:
The inner monologue for Ryuuji was pretty good(like, as someone said, Kyon-like, in a way) and made more of a difference that I would have imagined in comparison to the manga. I thought Yasuko's actions in the beginning were cuter in the anime(yet somehow reminds me of Lina Inverse >.>), they made Taiga have more cute moments and Ryuuji doesn't seem as flustered(as of yet) by her actions, so it's been a good adaptation so far.

Now just gotta hope Index comes out ok too.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-10-03 at 00:47.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:36   Link #357
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.G. View Post
how come those desks & seats come flying in the classroom when ryuuji enters the classroom, did taiga hit 'em~? but she's inside the locker
Maybe Taiga's in a rush to hide somewhere that she mistakenly uses the desk and threw it away after noticing that those are no good to hide into.
Old 2008-10-03, 00:57   Link #358
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
I honestly hope you're trolling us here -_- Who hasn't heard of gg...

Anyway, the teacher: Is she Haruka Tomatsu? Sounded a lot like Chika Miderazaki from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki.
Quite a lot of people havent heard of them actually. I only heard of them with this release, since i've never dled anything of theirs in the past. I don't think anyone can honestly say they know of every subbing group out there. I know of a dozern or so that never release on animesuki and most people probably wont of heard of.

I asked around my mtes who are awake, and only 2 of them have heard of GG, and that was from their hentai releases, not their anime releases.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:14   Link #359
Xanithor

Well, they did Geass, and quite a lot of people watch that. I know them from their Kara no Kyoukai subs.
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:18   Link #360
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But thankgod, if anyone, that K Rie didn't use her usual loli voice...thankgod.
Of which I thank god as well. Her 'urusai!^3' and 'baka inu!' doesn't give off the same vibes as Shana and Louise, to be honest.

In all honesty, this should've been the voice she used for Shana. Nice and deep... makes a perfect fit for her IMO.

Also helps a lot that Ryuuji isn't the doormat Saito was, as sometimes he really gives back as much as he takes.

Finally, I kinda like the theme they touched upon on the first episode, and that's to look beyond what you see. Really goes for both the main leads, and can't wait for them to expand on it later.

All in all, a thumbs up from me. I surprisingly really enjoyed this one, and has put back some of my faith in JC Staff considering they haven't done anything that caught my interest for the past 2 seasons already. Then again, my expectations of the show wasn't exactly the highest considering how high pitched Rie sounded in the previews, so...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen