AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 01:45   Link #1021
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Now we only need a character or two to impede their victory. Who will have the honors this year?
Old 2009-01-23, 01:46   Link #1022
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Doubtful. The combined totals easily outnumber the individual Touhou girls, while a year ago, Kyou and later Kotomi nearly outstriped their competition completely (Kyou probably at two to one if she hadn't been locked in). They may be able to hold their ground...but do you honestly think they can take Fate?

Taiga is the one to worry about.
Old 2009-01-23, 01:52   Link #1023
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Doubtful. The combined totals easily outnumber the individual Touhou girls, while a year ago, Kyou and later Kotomi nearly outstriped their competition completely (Kyou probably at two to one if she hadn't been locked in). They may be able to hold their ground...but do you honestly think they can take Fate?

Taiga is the one to worry about.
Guess we'll wait and see, but I don't think Fate's the one to worry about this year. Thinking a low top 16 finish, at best. And who knows where all these new voters will side, as there are bunches more than last year. Though that could all change if the movie makes it in time.

Taiga's a threat, I think...Still saying she's too Louise-like, though - And it will hurt her in 1v1 matches, but that's only speculation.
Old 2009-01-23, 02:05   Link #1024
uis

Even i Touhou fan but second round result make me facepalm...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2009-01-23, 02:10   Link #1025
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
And I mean that as in turning every non-touhou voters against us...
Meh... it's not that bad. I'm just snarling and growling like I usually do to vent my despair. It's how I get over it. At least I didn't run off in a huff and join MALMAT. Although, I did go see if there were any new comments about today's results. There are...

"Raise your anime flags at half mast for the 5 characters who deserve to be in ISML but were snubbed by the touhou characters."

Now, if Misuzu is left out by 5 slots or less...
Old 2009-01-23, 02:28   Link #1026
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Meh... it's not that bad. I'm just snarling and growling like I usually do to vent my despair. It's how I get over it. At least I didn't run off in a huff and join MALMAT. Although, I did go see if there were any new comments about today's results. There are...

"
lol, after at a loss with what MALMAT was, I checked MAL's clubs, and I'll be, I found it. Using such a cute image for the DP...Isn't the most brilliant of plans...
Old 2009-01-23, 02:46   Link #1027
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Guess we'll wait and see, but I don't think Fate's the one to worry about this year. Thinking a low top 16 finish, at best. And who knows where all these new voters will side, as there are bunches more than last year. Though that could all change if the movie makes it in time.

Taiga's a threat, I think...Still saying she's too Louise-like, though - And it will hurt her in 1v1 matches, but that's only speculation.
Dude, have you even SEEN my predictions for the coming 2009 season? Okay... 3rd to 16th, I have no hell of a clue, but I have Haruhi and Fate coming in as #1 and #2 seeds this year.
Old 2009-01-23, 02:48   Link #1028
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Using such a cute image for the DP...Isn't the most brilliant of plans...
The creator of the club states in one of the comments that he used the plainest picture of Reimu he could find. It's still cute, though. Not a good idea to single out just one character like that.

And sorry for not giving a link. Someone posted it the other day and I figured everyone would know about it. Thing about that club is that I mostly agree with the "four points" they have posted. So, I guess I remain on the fence.... but it's a slippery one.

Expect wild vacillations in Mushi's attitude about Touhou in the year to come.
Old 2009-01-23, 02:56   Link #1029
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Dude, have you even SEEN my predictions for the coming 2009 season? Okay... 3rd to 16th, I have no hell of a clue, but I have Haruhi and Fate coming in as #1 and #2 seeds this year.
Yeah, but your predictions revolve around last years results. Backlash from winning last yr. will be huge, and these new voters don't seem very Nanoha-centric...Unless you have some other reasoning, I can sense your prediction falling flat on It's face. Testarossa will always be around for another year, but a second title? Only the movie can make it possible, and It's not releasing until may, and will take months for it to hit dvd's and be subbed.

Haruhi? Possibly. But I've no clue what to predict until I see a few rounds of ISML.
Old 2009-01-23, 02:59   Link #1030
uis

lol all member MALMAT i know...
Anyway i like ZoiQ comment...

Old 2009-01-23, 03:06   Link #1031
Team Rocket Elite

So they are trying to defend the sanctity of Saimoe by organizing rallies of people to vote based on reasons completely unrelated to moe. >_>

While I can defintely understand why people don't want the Touhou characters in the contest, actions like what that group is trying to do is not the answer. While you may dislike people voting for Touhou characters becuase they think the Touhou charcters are moe due to sources unrelated to the anime, voting against a character because of this regardless of if you find their opponent more moe is even worse.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:09   Link #1032
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
I'm thinking Hinagiku if Hayate season 2 is really premiering in the spring this year. If they animate the stuff from the manga I think this will be a blowout unless Shana season 3 and/or Haruhi season 2 steps in this fall/summer. Fate will have a chance if the movie goes well this May (I think it comes out then), but I'm still not getting my hopes up for a high finish since she won last year...at most top 8 or 16. I see Nagisa doing well this year if she continues to be a non-fail lead like she is now. I expect Higurashi to do well, particularly Rena considering I already (or should know) the contents of the Rei OVA episodes.

.....as for round 2, results as predicted....still incredibly disappointed at the results of those I'm voting for 0-8...19 spots left....hoping for these at least: Yomi, Yuuko, Kotori....that's all I really care for at this point. If they don't get it, my voting tier for ISML is set in stone already.

I'm also assuming MAL's club is driving Makoto's (Kanon) votes high so I expect her to possibly clinch a spot.

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:14   Link #1033
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Yeah, but your predictions revolve around last years results. Backlash from winning last yr. will be huge, and these new voters don't seem very Nanoha-centric...Unless you have some other reasoning, I can sense your prediction falling flat on It's face. Testarossa will always be around for another year, but a second title? Only the movie can make it possible, and It's not releasing until may, and will take months for it to hit dvd's and be subbed.

Haruhi? Possibly. But I've no clue what to predict until I see a few rounds of ISML.
I didn't say she was going to win the whole enchilida. I'm just saying she's still going to be the candidate to watch.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:14   Link #1034
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah I also went 0/8. However, Shinku almost made it so at least I'm happy?

Also, in case anyone wants to know, here are some interesting data of the voting patterns between Round 1 and Round 2:

Characters with highest increased performance:
  • Chii: +4.38
  • Kasuga "Osaka" Ayumu: +4.10
  • Illyasviel von Einzbern: +3.71
  • Ranka Lee: +3.18
  • Nogizaka Haruka: +2.41
Characters with highest decreased performance:
  • Zange: -1.18
  • Shindō Chihiro: -1.71
  • Kirisame Marisa: -2.04
  • Seto San: -2.47
  • Vita: -3.35
Old 2009-01-23, 03:17   Link #1035
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
So they are trying to defend the sanctity of Saimoe by organizing rallies of people to vote based on reasons completely unrelated to moe. >_>

While I can defintely understand why people don't want the Touhou characters in the contest, actions like what that group is trying to do is not the answer. While you may dislike people voting for Touhou characters becuase they think the Touhou charcters are moe due to sources unrelated to the anime, voting against a character because of this regardless of if you find their opponent more moe is even worse.
and least people have their own opinion...
they can hate or like anything...
This all just make situation more interesting... *yeah this all interesting...*

Anyway people join MALMAT is someone close to you...

Old 2009-01-23, 03:26   Link #1036
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
I didn't say she was going to win the whole enchilida. I'm just saying she's still going to be the candidate to watch.
I'de make you a cardboard bet(Or river swimming?), but I don't want to make a bet revolving around the failing of my waifu. But hey, all my comments on ISML seem to take a pessimistic approach, so this is nothing new.

Spoiler for Approve:

Spoiler for sadsad:

Quote:
I'm thinking Hinagiku if Hayate season 2 is really premiering in the spring this year. If they animate the stuff from the manga I think this will be a blowout unless Shana season 3 and/or Haruhi season 2 steps in this fall/summer. Fate will have a chance if the movie goes well this May (I think it comes out then), but I'm still not getting my hopes up for a high finish since she won last year...at most top 8 or 16. I see Nagisa doing well this year if she continues to be a non-fail lead like she is now. I expect Higurashi to do well, particularly Rena considering I already (or should know) the contents of the Rei OVA episodes.

.....as for round 2, results as predicted....still incredibly disappointed at the results of those I'm voting for 0-8...19 spots left....hoping for these at least: Yomi, Yuuko, Kotori....that's all I really care for at this point. If they don't get it, my voting tier for ISML is set in stone already.

I'm also assuming MAL's club is driving Makoto's (Kanon) votes high so I expect her to possibly clinch a spot.
Isn't that just the 1eps Ova coming out in spring? Well, wouldn't mind Hinagiku to win it all in any case, It's certainly better than what I'm expecting.

(whysopessimistic?)
Old 2009-01-23, 03:29   Link #1037
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
(whysopessimistic?)
This.. and all the talk about the MALMAT Club makes me want to go "whysoserious"

In other news.. do you know what I saw on Touhou places after results were posted?

Quote:
"Vote in Nagi!"
"Holy cow. Even I didn't expect all of them to advance that soon. But whatever. I still won't stop until Misuzu and Yakumo get through."
"When's the next round start?"

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2009-01-23, 03:40   Link #1038
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
I'de make you a cardboard bet(Or river swimming?), but I don't want to make a bet revolving around the failing of my waifu. But hey, all my comments on ISML seem to take a pessimistic approach, so this is nothing new.
Uh, I know what implied odds and pot odds are, so I am not willing to make a bet on Fate. Besides, my "Swim the Yangtze" bet at the moment is that a Touhou candidate will not make top 16 in this contest.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:43   Link #1039
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Seems quite many people frustrated with Round 2 result.....

But Seriously, not many voters at this point watched and knew all characters in each groups, since most of them are from recent series. So it's quite normal to pick out the girl you knows more about.

I'm myself not even a Touhou fan, and also watched quite a lots of recent anime series. Still 50% of my votes (2/4) each round went to Touhou group. But when the head-head battle start, i doubt if that rate can even be 10%
Old 2009-01-23, 03:52   Link #1040
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Yeah I also went 0/8. However, Shinku almost made it so at least I'm happy?

Also, in case anyone wants to know, here are some interesting data of the voting patterns between Round 1 and Round 2:

Characters with highest increased performance:
  • Chii: +4.38
  • Kasuga "Osaka" Ayumu: +4.10
  • Illyasviel von Einzbern: +3.71
  • Ranka Lee: +3.18
  • Nogizaka Haruka: +2.41
Characters with highest decreased performance:
  • Zange: -1.18
  • Shindō Chihiro: -1.71
  • Kirisame Marisa: -2.04
  • Seto San: -2.47
  • Vita: -3.35
Good job KS... i know you frust with Vita performance...
Anyway i hope you continue post this after each round... onegai...

Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe