AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 01:26   Link #221
~Nicola <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierapunzel View Post
I think you can find all the songs of the Live on YouXXXX.
Search "其れでも、お征きなさい仔等よ" and there they are.

I really wish the wig maker/designer would consider more of the acter's facial outline.
Aramary impressed me a lot becausse either it's her face or the make up, she almost looks western.

In Roman, I hate Revo/Lourant's design because that hair makes him look awfully fat and the eyes were drowned. I even thought that maybe he couldn't go without a pair of sun glasses... But Shatan looks fabulous, so the problem must be the wig.
In Moira, Most people looks good. But again, Shimotsuki Haruka's wig doesn't suit her, it's like a female version of Lourant. And the Prince, too, the wig makes his face looks so flat.... Plus that Mr Takashi's performance is more singing than acting... Kuribayashi Minami could sing and act, I think her outfit was OK, but it could be better if her skirt could go longer and that her hair doesn't divide the way it was... perhaps a bang would make her face not so round?

Don't get me wrong, I love their performance. It's just that you need to be careful when you put yellow hair on people with yellow skin...sometimes it'll just look like a huge blur of yellow, especially when there are no obvious lip rouge or eye shade... And people have hair styles that compliment them or destroy them, too...
Ye you have right i LOVE remi's dress in roman she so beauty
and also Yuuki was very cute with her goth loli
Remi in moira was very amazing she is a very beautiful woman
But i want to know how is old aramari?wikipedia say the year is unknown and i want to know also the reasons she left sound horizon
~Nicola <3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 01:26   Link #222
[1]

Elefu is definitely Thanatosu's reincarnation, but i don't think Misha is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierapunzel View Post
Kuribayashi Minami could sing and act, I think her outfit was OK, but it could be better if her skirt could go longer
I agree with you at this point, her outfit didn't do me any impression in the Moira performance, but in Arutemisia no Rakuen it didn't seem so right...
[1] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:06   Link #223
honeytea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicola <3~ View Post
Ye you have right i LOVE remi's dress in roman she so beauty
and also Yuuki was very cute with her goth loli
Remi in moira was very amazing she is a very beautiful woman
But i want to know how is old aramari?wikipedia say the year is unknown and i want to know also the reasons she left sound horizon
I'm guessing she's about the same age as Revo, which would be maybe 30, give or take a few years. But that's just a guess XD

And that papercraft that came with the first press of Moira took me two hours to do. I loved how all the boxes went together with it. When I was opening them at first, I was WTFing 'cause I had to go through four of them to get to the DVD (-_-); I'd post a picture, but my camera's turning everything pink and orange. Time to get a new one.
honeytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:24   Link #224
Depletion_Garden

The reasons Aramary left could be due to one or many reasons. Who knows? Maybe there was conflict, or they just wanted to move on. Either way, I'm not too fussed about her leaving. Mainly due I became a fan through Roman rather than their older titles, and then backtracked. But I still think the new vocalists that came in her place are more skilled. Even if Aramary is very suited for some of the Elysion tracks, as she can pull off that dark and creepy voice needed for the mood(almost feels like the album was made for her voice). But her live isn't too hot though, kinda went off more and more after the first quarter. Guess I'm not too big a fan of Aramary, I think the RevotanxYuuki version of Koibito wo Uchiotoshita Hi is a hundred times better.
Not too bash Aramary or anything, but I'm not too sure of her singing skill. I'd attribute the strength of the Elysion and older songs more towards Revo's composing. Just saying this because I thought her Rain Note songs were pretty bad :P

Moira took a while for me to adjust to. Probably rather overwhelming at first, its kinda like woah wtf and I couldn't keep up. But eventually I grew to like the songs more and more, favourites would be Jinsei wa Ireko Ningyou, Shiseru Otome Sono Te ni wa Suigetsu, Doreitachi no Eiyū and Shiseru Eiyūtachi no Tatakai. And while the whole story telling thing is still in place, each song aren't as self contained as the previous albums. In a sense, it isn't as 'friendly' for casual listening. So to describe Moira, its very powerful as a whole album but each song can be sort of weak individually. Like how I'd listen to Moira in its entirety over Roman, but I'd listen to Miezaru Ude over the individual Moira songs.

And of course fans of Sound Horizon might be fans due to a certain voice. Like how all the Aramary fans threw a fit when she left. I'm quite a big fan of Kaori solos myself(I wanna listen to Kaori's version of Stardust :<), so Moira was a bit disappointing in that aspect. And of course there was somewhat a lack of Revo destroying his guitar with friction burns. And Kame-chan setting her violin on fire.
Simply put, it was very different. It lacked the combination of powerful solos, but instead combined everything into a whole. It was very orchestra-like and opera like. It ended up being an acquired taste for me. But well, its Revo we're talking about. Being different with each album is just what he does, otherwise shit might get a bit dry. I guess Moira is like a pizza while Roman is more like a bunch of individual dishes.

But after the live though. Woah. I was euphoric and drowning in awesome. Haruka Chiheisen no Kanata e was so great live. Watching all the singers go off in unison and all those epilepsy inducing lights, just made the songs so much better. Granted I wanted more sword fights! And I didn't like the fact Scorpius and Orion got ended with a few lines of Ike dialogue. There was a bit of fanservice as well, throwing that tune from the Thanatos album right after the Thanatos song. Although they probably mainly did that so they could all change! Loved the fact how they brought the acting to a new level. Even made the member introduction pretty amusing, with the crackpot magic tricks. If I had a complaint about the live, it would be that it was too overwhelming!

Encores were awesome as well. Side:E got a rehash and got to listen to that awesome guitar solo bit again. Instead of frying his guitar in the main concert, Revo does it in the encore instead. Was really happy about it, since in the Elysion live, Aramary's voice was kinda cracked up by then. Heard she had a fever or something during that concert, but well doesn't change the fact that its what we're stuck with. Ike's narration wasn't as awesome as the original Side:E narration though. Kinda wished there was Shutan no Ou to Isekai no Kishi though. Or Rein no Sekai.

The costumes and wigs were pretty lolworthy at times as usual. But not as crackpot as the El Mask in Elysion. There was less opportunity for Jimang to be fabulous too, but he was pretty funny as an old man.

That said, just how secret is Revo's identity? Its like yo, I'm Revo, I compose and arrange all this shit with my right hand man Jake. That said, there isn't much information about Remi either.
For Kaori, I managed to figure out that she's Kaori Oda and worked with Kajiura Yuki on the Tsubasa Chronicle insert songs. And she had a bunch of outside singles, like the Luminous Arc OPs and Bacanno ED.
For Yuuki, she's Yuuki Yoshida and was part of a U15 band SpringS. Which had Hirano Aya in it and some other person I don't know. I thought that was kinda interesting.
Rikki is pretty famous, so we all know her.

Bleh. Enough rambling, never gonna stop otherwise.

Last edited by Depletion_Garden; 2009-04-10 at 10:35.
Depletion_Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 17:51   Link #225
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion_Garden View Post
That said, just how secret is Revo's identity? Its like yo, I'm Revo, I compose and arrange all this shit with my right hand man Jake. That said, there isn't much information about Remi either.
For Kaori, I managed to figure out that she's Kaori Oda and worked with Kajiura Yuki on the Tsubasa Chronicle insert songs. And she had a bunch of outside singles, like the Luminous Arc OPs and Bacanno ED.
For Yuuki, she's Yuuki Yoshida and was part of a U15 band SpringS. Which had Hirano Aya in it and some other person I don't know. I thought that was kinda interesting.
Rikki is pretty famous, so we all know her.

Bleh. Enough rambling, never gonna stop otherwise.
From what I hear, Remi also does vocals on a lot of anime OSTs composed by some dude.

Here's a random Yuki Kajiura & Sanhora connection, that's a tiny bit more complicated: Yuuki was in SpringS with Ayaka Ito, who was half of the duo Itokubo, with Keiko Kubota making up the other half. Keiko Kubota is a member of FictionJunction with Kaori.

As for falling for certain vocalists, I think Mari Endou did a much better job in the Moira concert than Ayaka Naitou did on the Moira album.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 22:24   Link #226
honeytea

I loved the balance between the six poem goddesses in Moira. Like how REMI's voice was matched with Mari Endou's, Yuuki's with Shimotsukin's, and Kaori's with MIKI's. There were times when three were on stage singing, then they would exit and the other three would go on.

And I kinda like the replacements better than the original vocalists. Azumi Inoue has a lovely voice and fits perfectly in the role of the 'loving wife' as Eirene, or the 'wise woman' as Sophia. Mari Endou was wonderful, I thought, too. I'll guess that she's classically trained (Kame-chan is too, and REMI maybe, but she has control problems with her voice).

I didn't like Moira much until I saw the live. I agree with DG that it's best seen as a whole. And I'll add that it needs to be presented visually, as well as musically. The actors were amazing (the kids were cute especially (^_^). But Moira's on such a grand scale that I still don't know what to think of it. As a stage musical, I think it's amazing. As a Sound Horizon album... It's such a far departure from anything they've done before, and I was never a fan of epicness... I don't know. I still love SH, but I'm a bit nervous as to where their music is going.
Old 2009-04-11, 01:40   Link #227
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

|ω・)

Another random Sanhora/Kajiura trivia: YUUKI was in a Tokyo Mew Mew cosplay idol unit called Mew Five, and they released one song called Mamoritaikara, which was composed by Kajiura Yuki.
Old 2009-04-11, 07:08   Link #228
Moreki

Sound Horizon random trivia #35

It is supposed that Revo's real name is Yasurou Kamanaka (therefore Yasurou = Chronicle 2nd's Yasrow). Some years ago a guy by that name won an Internet Music Contest and by the photo you can see it's Revo Heika, although he's a bit different.
At the time of the contest he was 20 years old, since it was in '98, we can assume he's 30 years old.
Moreki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:24   Link #229
Bvitamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreki View Post
Sound Horizon random trivia #35

It is supposed that Revo's real name is Yasurou Kamanaka (therefore Yasurou = Chronicle 2nd's Yasrow). Some years ago a guy by that name won an Internet Music Contest and by the photo you can see it's Revo Heika, although he's a bit different.
At the time of the contest he was 20 years old, since it was in '98, we can assume he's 30 years old.
Spoiler for It's this picture right?:
Bvitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 22:00   Link #230
honeytea

Teehee, is that really him on the right? He kinda looks like Utsunomiya Takashi XD

Spoiler for 90's hair FTW!:
Old 2009-04-12, 03:36   Link #231
Same_Shark

So will MIKI & Ayaka Naitou or Mari Endou be working with Sanhora for a little longer? I prefer Ayaka Naitou not stay. She was barely involved with the concerts. The first one she missed for a good reason, but even so, Mari Endou really was a great replacement. MIKI was great in general during the concert. My only complaint being that she wasn't that loud in the first few songs.
Old 2009-04-12, 05:38   Link #232
Depletion_Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeytea View Post
Teehee, is that really him on the right? He kinda looks like Utsunomiya Takashi XD

Spoiler for 90's hair FTW!:
Well they were brothers! In Moira anyway.

That said, I do wonder who the more permanent members of Sanhora are now. I reckon MIKI would be hanging around since her name is credited in all caps like KAORI, YUUKI, REMI and RIKKI. Like would Mari Endou or Minami Kuribayashi hang around a bit longer or are they just for this album? And how about Haruka Shimotsuki?
Old 2009-04-12, 05:40   Link #233
~Nicola <3~

Aramari live is quite bad but she has a very good ability she can make very different tonality of voice For example in raijin no keifu or in Ori no Naka no Hana Today i listen the mini album of revo and shimotsuki,it's so beauty
But i don't uderstand the story line of the album,i know only there's a girl her mother strongly reccomanded to Never go to the forest and she go in the forest
Old 2009-04-12, 08:04   Link #234
~Nicola <3~

Now i searching the english translation of this song(thery are to much sorry ):
Chronicle:
07 - Raijin no Sawan
08 - Shoujo Ningyou
Thanatos
04 - Gin'iro no Basha
05 - Rinne no Sunadokei
Elysion
The bonus track
Shounen wa tsurugi wo
03 - Kamigami ga Aishita Rakuen ~belle Isle~
Roman
07 - Tenshi no Chouzou
09 - Yorokobi to kanashimi no Vin
Moira ehm
Moira all the tracks except Thanatos and mythos
Old 2009-04-12, 18:48   Link #235
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion_Garden View Post
Well they were brothers! In Moira anyway.

That said, I do wonder who the more permanent members of Sanhora are now. I reckon MIKI would be hanging around since her name is credited in all caps like KAORI, YUUKI, REMI and RIKKI. Like would Mari Endou or Minami Kuribayashi hang around a bit longer or are they just for this album? And how about Haruka Shimotsuki?
Minami Kuribayashi will most likely not be around long and Mari Endou just replaced Ayaka Naitou for the last 3 lives. As I said though. I really want Mari Endou to stick around.
Old 2009-04-13, 16:54   Link #236
NekoHime-chan
Vocaloid Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisana View Post
|ω・)

Another random Sanhora/Kajiura trivia: YUUKI was in a Tokyo Mew Mew cosplay idol unit called Mew Five, and they released one song called Mamoritaikara, which was composed by Kajiura Yuki.
Good Lord!!! I knew I had heard her name before!
Tokyo Mew Mew...
Wow...That brings back childhood memories...
0_e
NekoHime-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:58   Link #237
godraziert

I've been listening to the Moira album again recently, and unlike the some of the other posters above, I think I actually prefer it over Roman. Moira felt more epic and fantastical to me in terms of the story and music composition, whereas Roman felt slightly more pop-ish. Perhaps because I like to daydream, listening to each song in Moira felt like I was going through each chapter in a fantasy novel and seeing it play out in my mind. It also felt like SH had returned to the days of Chronicle 2nd, which I liked due to its 'fantasy' feel

In a sense, I was just a tad disappointed with the Moira Live due in part to some of the acting not meeting up to my expectations, or the mental picture of Moira that I had going in my mind. Still, it was quite good overall and the encores were interesting! That being said, does anyone know whether there is an actual release of the song entitled "即ち...光をも逃がさぬ暗黒の超重力" (Ike and Revo's song) ? Or is it just something that they sing during concerts ?
Old 2009-04-15, 22:34   Link #238
honeytea

I think it spun off of Revo's joke about Marvelous Ultra-Space, the 9th Story CD coming out in 2015. But it was so popular that they're still performing it at concerts. I like it, but when Revo pulls something like this, I start to question his sanity (-_-);
Old 2009-04-16, 05:38   Link #239
Depletion_Garden

For Revo to achieve what he has up to date, his sanity has to be a bit questionable, otherwise it wouldn't be possible.
Old 2009-04-16, 05:52   Link #240
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeytea View Post
I think it spun off of Revo's joke about Marvelous Ultra-Space, the 9th Story CD coming out in 2015. But it was so popular that they're still performing it at concerts. I like it, but when Revo pulls something like this, I start to question his sanity (-_-);
I sometimes ask myself the same thing about Gackt. "He can't be all there, can he?"